Meta is kitten.

Meta is kitten.

in PvP

Posted by: Acnologia.6934

Acnologia.6934

Metas are kittens. If you have a playstyle go with it. Build your own “meta”, play with it in unranked, test it, then go for ranked matches. Don’t force yourself in a playstyle that you don’t like, only because it is the meta of the moment. Create your own build and fight with it.

This is my rank after i build my own “meta” on y character “Looùrr”. Have faith in your build and play with it if you like it and you see that it works. First and first try it in unranked, then go ranked.
Have faith in yourself guys
(i go only solo queue btw :P )

Attachments:

(edited by Acnologia.6934)

Meta is kitten.

in PvP

Posted by: Shylock.4653

Shylock.4653

Meta is for high level play, not low or medium leagues. ;-)

Meta is kitten.

in PvP

Posted by: Lukas.7159

Lukas.7159

yeah youre playing mm necro….enough said about your pvp knowledge & skills

StereoElectro & Dance On M D M A

Meta is kitten.

in PvP

Posted by: Shiyo.3578

Shiyo.3578

Why do people play MM necro?

Meta is kitten.

in PvP

Acnologia.6934

yeah i play mm necro when i go stronghold and i kill everytime the boss easily and a lot of warrs necros thieves eles guardians etc… (and a lot of “high tiers” exalted primordials)
in stronghold playing mm is a good strategy for heroes and guards, dbs.
a lot of thougness for essence and f1+3, a lot of poison in a single area against dbs trains.
when i go conquest i change my build with another one. (you know that you can change your build before the match right?)
about my pvp knowledge and skills tell me your div and tier then. how many matches for it? your win-loss ratio?
and about high leagues…. soon i will be there :P
82-60 now.

Meta is kitten.

in PvP

Acnologia.6934

btw talking about high leagues in a season where the previous legendaries are still in ruby or diamond or even sapphire is really….. dumb.
and again about my skills i know i’m a noobie in this gw2 game. i’m still lv 61 if you look my rank. i start 2 season ago playing this game. it is really funny and i enjoy it. when i read in chat people crying or yelling about metas i really don’t understand why they try to play with a build that is not for them. i played a lot of unranked before the ranked. i changed my builds so many times. now i’ve found 2 builds for conquest and stronghold without the help of any metaforum. just try to find your build in unranked then head on in ranked.
this is my last season when still i haven’t found my build for each the game modes. i stop there because…. the season ended -_-"

Attachments:

Meta is kitten.

in PvP

Posted by: Uncle Dalty.8327

Uncle Dalty.8327

btw talking about high leagues in a season where the previous legendaries are still in ruby or diamond or even sapphire is really….. dumb.
and again about my skills i know i’m a noobie in this gw2 game. i’m still lv 61 if you look my rank. i start 2 season ago playing this game. it is really funny and i enjoy it. when i read in chat people crying or yelling about metas i really don’t understand why they try to play with a build that is not for them. i played a lot of unranked before the ranked. i changed my builds so many times. now i’ve found 2 builds for conquest and stronghold without the help of any metaforum. just try to find your build in unranked then head on in ranked.
this is my last season when still i haven’t found my build for each the game modes. i stop there because…. the season ended -_-"

I’ll support you man! Meta builds are for scrubs… good starting place maybe but sigil for sigil meta builds are usually crap when playing against better opponents cause get what? They know your build and everything you’re about to do lol.

Meta is kitten.

in PvP

Acnologia.6934

that’s the point. ty

Meta is kitten.

in PvP

Uncle Dalty.8327

Not to mention how brain dead meta players are/can be is just hilarious haha. ‘Just do the rotation metabattle told me to do and I’m good…" while if something out of the ordinary happens they just get steam rolled.

Meta is kitten.

in PvP

Uncle Dalty.8327

Meta is for high level play, not low or medium leagues. ;-)

no way… meta is to get low skill players to high ranks lol

Meta is kitten.

in PvP

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

I have tried playing non meta in conquest. You are a liability to your team most of the time. MM necro has always been a good point-holder and one of the easiest to play because people will die simply killing your minions. Add that to the AI clutter and animation spam and gg. MM is not meta because its pretty easy to focus down in team fights, but is superior in stronghold because aoe spam.

I’ve done all sorts of theorycrafting you can imagine on ele and ranger. Non-meta builds either work fine or don’t work at all, depending on who you face. Meta builds are not for scrubs, they are for people that want to win their ranked matches.

Bad Elementalist

Meta is kitten.

in PvP

Posted by: Booms.3952

Booms.3952

meanwhile veterans of the game have seen every build possible throughout the years and it will take around 3-5 second for them to recognize the crappy build you’re running and counter + destroy it because its ineffective.

#1 gerdian na
0 counterplay

Meta is kitten.

in PvP

Posted by: shion.2084

shion.2084

I don’t play meta, I’m doing fine this season. I loose 1 v 1’s only when I feel they are far out of my class, so my limitation is me not my build this time around.

Last season I tried to avoid it and eventually fell to the dark side, it was just too efficient and people were able to beat me who weren’t playing as well skill wise.

usually though meta is meta for a reason. And its a good place to start (and lets be honest most of the time finish).

I get away with my non-meta because to some degree it’s not expected, it kills my classes meta efficiently, and it caters to my natural play strengths which my classes current meta doesn’t.

Meta is kitten.

in PvP

Posted by: odstninja.1468

odstninja.1468

Metas are kittens. If you have a playstyle go with it. Build your own “meta”, play with it in unranked, test it, then go for ranked matches. Don’t force yourself in a playstyle that you don’t like, only because it is the meta of the moment. Create your own build and fight with it.

This is my rank after i build my own “meta” on y character “Looùrr”. Have faith in your build and play with it if you like it and you see that it works. First and first try it in unranked, then go ranked.

Just curious what your weapons, stats and traits are? I’ve also seen teams with 2 dh do amazing which struck me as weird since they are supposed to be really bad this season. So metabattle sure isn’t everything.

Meta is kitten.

in PvP

Posted by: shion.2084

shion.2084

Well some classes work synergistically quite well together. As a engi I hate double guard on some maps (like Foe fire middle). Basically if they focus there’s always a bloody trap or impassible wall, or picket fence thing. I can outplay single guards, but with two, they are just going to spend me out of hammer leaps, dodge rolls, acid bomb jumps. They can just keep going.

Meta is kitten.

in PvP

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

Just curious what your weapons, stats and traits are? I’ve also seen teams with 2 dh do amazing which struck me as weird since they are supposed to be really bad this season. So metabattle sure isn’t everything.

DH’s are very good at messing with tempest heals because of the constant dazes. Reverting the true shot nerf would put them in a decentish place i feel

Bad Elementalist

Meta is kitten.

in PvP

Uncle Dalty.8327

meanwhile veterans of the game have seen every build possible throughout the years and it will take around 3-5 second for them to recognize the crappy build you’re running and counter + destroy it because its ineffective.

well when you’re a vetran player as well you’ve got a 3-5 second advantage before they realize it… plus its not easy to see a build that’s never been meta. if you can be great with a “crap” build that’s the way to roll.

Meta is kitten.

in PvP

Uncle Dalty.8327

I have tried playing non meta in conquest. You are a liability to your team most of the time. MM necro has always been a good point-holder and one of the easiest to play because people will die simply killing your minions. Add that to the AI clutter and animation spam and gg. MM is not meta because its pretty easy to focus down in team fights, but is superior in stronghold because aoe spam.

I’ve done all sorts of theorycrafting you can imagine on ele and ranger. Non-meta builds either work fine or don’t work at all, depending on who you face. Meta builds are not for scrubs, they are for people that want to win their ranked matches.

well I feel bad for you that you’re not creative enough to come up with a non-meta build that supports the team and the win.

Meta is kitten.

in PvP

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

It just depends on what you consider non -meta. If you don’t run Elite specs, you’re simply worse. Elite specs are often narrow in how they can be ran optimally.

This thread would have merit if the game wasn’t balanced around having elite specs. Non meta builds are worse than ever, on average

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

Meta is kitten.

in PvP

Uncle Dalty.8327

It just depends on what you consider non -meta. If you don’t run Elite specs, you’re simply worse. Elite specs are often narrow in how they can be ran optimally.

This thread would have merit if the game wasn’t balanced around having elite specs. Non meta builds are worse than ever, on average

I don’t think anyone is arguing that sadly the elite spec is required. However, every build I run is at least one trait line different with different runes and sigils and weapons than the closest meta build to it. and I ALMOST always find it better for both 1v1 and team fights.