Meta isn't really the problem

in PvP

Posted by: Sommazzatore.8367

Sommazzatore.8367

The meta is fine, even if a little brain dead, but the problem and most discouraging hing for me is pip loss/gain. It isn’t consistent. I don’t mind, and actually favor losing pips for a loss. But earlier I lost 2 pips in a game in which we had a disconnection. So a 4v5 and we lose 2 pips and still scored over 300 points. The day before, we only gained one pip for facing a team of 2 legendaries, 2 rubies and a sapphire when we had an emerald and 2 rubies and 2 diamonds. This will be what makes me quit pvp. Not the meta, even though it is kinda yawn.

in PvP

Posted by: JTGuevara.9018

JTGuevara.9018

“The meta is fine,”

LMAO! Warriors and thieves might disagree with you.

in PvP

Posted by: TheOneWhoSighs.7513

TheOneWhoSighs.7513

If the league system is all that’s bugging you, why not just play unranked?

“Unused Development Initiative. We care so much
about your feedback, that we don’t even read it.” ~ Crystal Suzuki

in PvP

Posted by: RonDonJonVanDam.1289

RonDonJonVanDam.1289

This dude just said the meta is fine…

in PvP

Posted by: Chris.6089

Chris.6089

you need to see your doctor man

in PvP

Posted by: Pepsi.8907

Pepsi.8907

Look on the side: boring fights that lasts forever
Look on the other sides: Barely any build diversity
But yeah sure… meta is totally fine
Op said it

5/7 on this post OP, perfect score

in PvP

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Look on the side: boring fights that lasts forever
Look on the other sides: Barely any build diversity
But yeah sure… meta is totally fine
Op said it

5/7 on this post OP, perfect score

It’s just not fun. Hell, even when I do win a match I’m still unhappy because of how boring and lame the match was.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

in PvP

Posted by: Shovel Face.4512

Shovel Face.4512

+Funny
+Creative
-troll

7.7/10 -IGN

in PvP

Sommazzatore.8367

“The meta is fine,”

You got me there. But yes, the meta is fine. Nothing is unkillable or a one shot pony. Meaning that, imo, there isn’t a whole lot wrong with it. Like is said, yes its a bit dull, but its not worth quitting the game over like everyone wants to see.
Most classes can still be played in at least 2 different ways, other than the obviously pitfalls in warrior and thief.

in PvP

Pepsi.8907

“The meta is fine,”

Nothing is unkillable or a one shot pony.

My chrono bunker and my cele tempest will kindly disagree on the unkillable thing… in my book if it takes 3 people or more to take one down, it can be categorized as a boring unkillable bunker.
I have yet to see ANY KIND of builds that can shut me down or kill me with less than 3 people on my bunker mesmer…

in PvP

Sommazzatore.8367

“The meta is fine,”

My chrono bunker and my cele tempest will kindly disagree on the unkillable thing… in my book if it takes 3 people or more to take one down, it can be categorized as a boring unkillable bunker.
I have yet to see ANY KIND of builds that can shut me down or kill me with less than 3 people on my bunker mesmer…

Either you are playing an all bunk class that does no damage and can’t take a point and is therefore balanced, or you are just not playing against challenging players.

in PvP

Posted by: Zoltreez.6435

Zoltreez.6435

“The meta is fine,”

Either you are playing an all bunk class that does no damage and can’t take a point and is therefore balanced, or you are just not playing against challenging players.

you did not meet a good mesmer or ele do you ?

they prety much can tank 3 players while have some insane burst here and there
its rare but when my team faces one of these i just want to slap Anet so hard

-Stellaris
-Total War: Warhammer
-Guild Wars 2

in PvP

Posted by: Leohart.4610

Leohart.4610

You heard it here folks, stay tuned for the next thread that the forums comes up with!

in PvP

Posted by: hotcarl.8621

hotcarl.8621

bunker mes and diamond skin tempest are broken as f***.
f*** pvp and f*** anet. im sick of this garbage.

in PvP

Posted by: Abazigal.3679

Abazigal.3679

The meta is the problem… I did lose one match earlier which was entirely my fault on tactic, but several others were because of players which refused to read tactics in chat, tactics which were obviously made because we had a bad team setup..

The real issue is that, a" beginner" running a zero risk build will do better than a "beginner " running a zerker/weak build, but on the end both do not know how to play on a capture point map. Worse, i’m not sure the player on the second case will learn really quick the basics of the capture point game..

in PvP

Pepsi.8907

The real issue is that, a" beginner" running a zero risk build will do better than a "beginner " running a zerker/weak build, but on the end both do not know how to play on a capture point map.

This! Meta is useful to know, both for your class and other classes because it just fill weaknesses and emphasize on strong points, making so that you don’t have to compensate too hard over deficiencies in your build that the meta could smooth over while trying to focus on your fight and rotation… it is FoTM, but it is incredibly useful to use granted that people realize it’s a guideline more than an unflexible rule…

Still, currently the meta is boring like I’ve never witnessed. I decided to go on mid once and spent the WHOLE game (from 0 to 500) to fight the same player (another bunker mesmer) and the point kept being contested the whole friggin time, so either of us couldn’t just leave, and when we decided to take a 5 min break we finally ended up fighting again just to see how long we could keep hitting each other without giving the cap. (we’d made a deal that if the cap became either color, the other would leave and go elsewhere) It never budged from white… And even when his or my teammates came to help, we managed to survive individually for a good while in outnumbered fight.

I am all for strong, impactful bunker builds that can hold points, but the meta revolving around it and condis that deals passive DoT is boring, uneventful and frankly tiresome after a while

in PvP

Sommazzatore.8367

If it really takes 3 people to kill a bunker than you guys are bad, or playing bad people. Either way, the meta will be changed in a month anyway. The pip problem may not be.

in PvP

Posted by: LordOtto.2650

LordOtto.2650

“hotcarl.8621
bunker mes and diamond skin tempest are broken as f***.
f*** pvp and f*** anet. im sick of this garbage.”

Hahahaha, you forgot Druid, why ?:(

It really takes 2 people to kill a bunker/healer: mesmer, ele, or druid, really, not to mention to decap a point, not to mention while you are 2vs1 against them…
Even WvW players are very upset, I occasionally read that forum to!

(edited by LordOtto.2650)

in PvP

Pepsi.8907

If it really takes 3 people to kill a bunker than you guys are bad, or playing bad people. Either way, the meta will be changed in a month anyway. The pip problem may not be.

A bunker who does his job should be perfectly capable of holding in 2v1 scenarios… I’m capable of holding in 3v1 without dying as a bunker, and it’s fairly normal to be unable to kill proper players playing this sort of build in a 1v1 scenario… You may want to refresh your idea of “bad”, which is, anyway, a perfectly pointless claim to make on a forum where you cannot judge anyone’s skills based on their posts

in PvP

Posted by: Jackalrat.5493

Jackalrat.5493

This guy is playing the coveted Temponodruid.

Of course he thinks meta is fine.

in PvP

Posted by: Zoricus.2439

Zoricus.2439

I think most agree that the current setup for pip reward/loss is utter garbage. this has incited true feelings of rage from a lot of long time pvp’rs. No one likes to lose progress for something they have 0 control over, its infuriating. Teammate DC’s at start of match, never comes back, LOSE A PIP. GG.

Somma is playing on his Necro actually, on a build of his own making.