Miasma Levels in sPvP Forum

in PvP

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

Going through all of these threads is showing me a few things. We as a community (sPvP) are getting pretty toxic. We need to tone it down. It’s past time to start focusing on the things we like about this game and keep our opinions to ourselves when they start getting personal toward each other and the devs. When the patch does hit we need to do our best to be constructive in our criticism.

I feel like you can’t grow a good community in this environment and this game definitely deserves a good environment for its players. I hope you guys join me in trying harder to be less toxic towards the devs and other players.

The game building part is on the devs, but the community being a good one is on us and we are doing a terrible job of being a good community . We can’t offer criticism to the devs without looking in the mirror and asking, “Am I really actually trying to make this a place that other gamers want to come and try this game out or am I a part of the problem?”

TL;DR Right now I feel like ArenaNet is doing a better job at making a quality game than we the players are of making a quality community

• “Of all the awkward people in your house or job there is only one whom you can improve very much.” ~ #CSLewis*
Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

in PvP

Posted by: Juan Ignacio.8903

Juan Ignacio.8903

how come they doing a better job than us? since they havent touch spvp for a while or fix/add stuff that we been asking since lauch

as long as they keep ignoring people and not caring there is going to be more and more “toxic” threads, im not saying that they have to make everyone happy but im going to tell u one example of the many kittenups they did while the community told em dont do it : dhuumbfire

in PvP

Posted by: Lukin.4061

Lukin.4061

You must be new around here, because the community was very supportive at start, but then more and more people understood that the game developers do not work on pvp at all – it was almost 2 years and we got:

3 maps
A “Leaderboard” “system”

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think that is it – nothing more was added (removing paid tournaments and splitting them in 2 does not count, it is just reusing something old).

in PvP

Posted by: redslion.9675

redslion.9675

GW2 pvp is not so bad. The only problem is that the bad elements right now far outweight and hinder the good ones.

Sure, I can enjoy the good game mechanics, but when only bad/stupid/braindead mechanics are the ones rewarded, either I hope to find teammates who don’t mind me playing at a disadvantage or the experience might become frustrating or just ignore interesting mechanics.

The combat system is pretty nice, if it wasn’t that AoE spam dominates the scene. Which is NOT nice.

TL;DR The one who did a great job as players by looking at the positive aspects are the ones who quitted.

You will never be able to know what an engineer is going to do next…

because he doesn’t know it himself

in PvP

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

It has always been that way and it will always be that way. The nature of the PvP forum has determine that even if things were a lot better, people will still whine way different from constructive criticism.

The worst thing about gw2 is that since there is no way to restrict forum access, people that have an axe to grind or quit the game years ago can come back for a few internet points.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

in PvP

Iason Evan.3806

You must be new around here, because the community was very supportive at start, but then more and more people understood that the game developers do not work on pvp at all – it was almost 2 years and we got:

3 maps
A “Leaderboard” “system”

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think that is it – nothing more was added (removing paid tournaments and splitting them in 2 does not count, it is just reusing something old).

I am not new around here. You can look at my post history. It’s just high time we start pointing our fingers at ourselves. We can’t control the dev cycle of this game. We can control how we treat each other and the devs and we are doing a shoddy job of it overall. If you don’t do that, then I am not speaking about you. I know I have been guilty of it in the past and I am not going to do it anymore.

in PvP

Iason Evan.3806

It has always been that way and it will always be that way. The nature of the PvP forum has determine that even if things were a lot better, people will still whine way different from constructive criticism.

The worst thing about gw2 is that since there is no way to restrict forum access, people that have an axe to grind or quit the game years ago can come back for a few internet points.

I can only make the suggestion. It even says it in my original post. You only have control over yourself. You can decide whether or not you want to join me in trying to make this community better. If you don’t, that’s up to you.

in PvP

Posted by: Sensotix.4106

Sensotix.4106

sorry but we did a nice job as a community when the december patch preview was on the forums and the whole year before but you have to understand that after a long time of no changes to the current annoying meta people get mad…

in PvP

Iason Evan.3806

sorry but we did a nice job as a community when the december patch preview was on the forums and the whole year before but you have to understand that after a long time of no changes to the current annoying meta people get mad…

It’s fine to be upset. Read my original post though. I am talking about people being rude. That is not acceptable . That is why I am saying that as a community we are failing. That doesn’t help grow the game from a community standpoint and that is the only thing we have control over.

If you look at my other posts in this thread I even say, “I am guilty of it as well”. We need to do better. How can we expect ArenaNet to do a better job and then we act like a bunch of entitled children?

Let’s fix the one thing we have control over: us .

(edited by Iason Evan.3806)

in PvP

redslion.9675

It’s fine to be upset. Read my original post though. I am talking about people being rude. That is not acceptable . That is why I am saying that as a community we are failing. That doesn’t help grow the game from a community standpoint and that is the only thing we have control over.

If you look at my other posts in this thread I even say, “I am guilty of it as well”. We need to do better. How can we expect ArenaNet to do a better job and then we act like a bunch of entitled children?

This is what happens when the most honorable and dedicated people leave. The ones who remains start to think that to better ourselves is useless, because the ones who did it didn’t find a reason to keep playing. So they become more and more bitter.

in PvP

Iason Evan.3806

This is what happens when the most honorable and dedicated people leave. The ones who remains start to think that to better ourselves is useless, because the ones who did it didn’t find a reason to keep playing. So they become more and more bitter.

That isn’t the reason. We can be concerned about the game and still be cool to each other. I can think the devs should do a better job of getting us content in a more expedient fashion and still be polite to them as well. What we type on these forums is up to us. I think it’s time we start being better all around at being cooler to each other.

in PvP

Posted by: Paponzi.1637

Paponzi.1637

The community has never been supportive, not even at the beginning XD
Simply put, people that like the game don’t come here to whine. I myself try to remain out of this forum since it’s impossible to have nice conversations here. And i’m mostly a pvp player too.

in PvP

Posted by: Luke.4562

Luke.4562

Youre right Iason, but it’s not a controllable action, it’s the reflection of the rot diffusing on Internet and mankind.

The main fault is Internet is too much free, people feel too much safe insulting other people from their house or from their cellphone.

It’s a cycling spiral of rage causing more rage. And the force after all of this is the arrogance, ignorance and stupidity written in the human DNA.
The blind instinct will always have the upper hand.

ALPHA, BETA, several months, … 1 Year later…“When it’s ready”[cit.]

(edited by Luke.4562)

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.6245

Archaon.6245

I can still remember ppl kindly discussing of forum for improvements and stuff at start, we asked for rank emotes like gw1 for example and we got them (And everyone was happy)…everything was fine, than all the nonsense “balance” patches started, they removed gems from rewards (Still waiting for a decent reason about that), they made qps farmable and then removed them too after ppl just kept farming like crazy kittens, then broken bunker eles, bunker ranger’s bird hitting for 8k crits, dumbfire, skyhammer, war’s buff..and on and on and on, community already lost all hopes….if ppl who actually should care about making this game better don’t care at all and don’t have a clue on what to do not even looking at feedbacks (And not answering “hard” questions..like mine about warriors into last incoming patch feedback thread) why should i keep caring about it? I’m just randomly pugging in tpvp, i stopped giving kittens long ago, still have 500k glory, they’re gonna remove it? Fine, not even spending it…I..don’t…care…i don’t care about new bags, don’t give a kitten about skins after glory patch or whatever, i’m just keep playing cause it’s called guild wars, a game i used to play and love for 7 years…nothing more nothing less..if this wasn’t gw2 i would have left many months ago (Probably after dumbfire nonsense patch)

(edited by Archaon.6245)

in PvP

Posted by: Pixels.6532

Pixels.6532

I can still remember ppl kindly discussing of forum for improvements and stuff at start, we asked for rank emotes like gw1 for example and we got them (And everyone was happy)…everything was fine, than all the nonsense “balance” patches started, they removed gems from rewards (Still waiting for a decent reason about that), they made qps farmable and then removed them too after ppl just kept farming like crazy kittens, then broken bunker eles, bunker ranger’s bird hitting for 8k crits, dumbfire, skyhammer, war’s buff..and on and on and on, community already lost all hopes….if ppl who actually should care about making this game better don’t care at all and don’t have a clue on what to do not even caring about feedbacks (Not even answering “hard” questions..like mine about warriors into last incoming patch feedback thread) why should i keep caring about it? I’m just randomly pugging in tpvp, i stopped giving kittens long ago, still have 500k glory, they’re gonna remove it? Fine, not even spending it…I..don’t…care…i don’t care about new bags, don’t give a kitten about skins after glory patch or whatever, i’m just keep playing cause it’s called guild wars, a game i used to love…nothing more nothing less..

I don’t think he’s saying you should or shouldn’t care, what he’s saying is that people in game and on these forums should be less caustic to each other and the devs.

Sanctum of Rall

in PvP

Archaon.6245

Well being too toxic is bad…but believe me there’s a reason for all that rage, pvp community is exausted (Since months), many old players already left the game bringing real competitive teams with them, there’s just no point on going pvp atm..no rewards for being good, no drawbacks for being bad, no reason to play skilled specs cause braindead ones are the most effective too..it’s just…all wrong…or you can just call it “casual friendly” if you like, but at the end of the day the result is still the same…gw2 pvp is dead, totally, definately…dead

in PvP

Iason Evan.3806

Youre right Iason, but it’s not a controllable action, it’s the reflection of the rot diffusing on Internet and mankind.

The main fault is Internet is too much free, people feel too much safe insulting other people from their house or from their cellphone.

It’s a cycling spiral of rage causing more rage. And the force after all of this is the arrogance, ignorance and stupidity written in the human DNA.
The blind instinct will always have the upper hand.

That’s why I am trying to remind people that they are in control of how they treat people. We all need to act better toward each other here.

in PvP

Iason Evan.3806

I can still remember ppl kindly discussing of forum for improvements and stuff at start, we asked for rank emotes like gw1 for example and we got them (And everyone was happy)…everything was fine, than all the nonsense “balance” patches started, they removed gems from rewards (Still waiting for a decent reason about that), they made qps farmable and then removed them too after ppl just kept farming like crazy kittens, then broken bunker eles, bunker ranger’s bird hitting for 8k crits, dumbfire, skyhammer, war’s buff..and on and on and on, community already lost all hopes….if ppl who actually should care about making this game better don’t care at all and don’t have a clue on what to do not even caring about feedbacks (Not even answering “hard” questions..like mine about warriors into last incoming patch feedback thread) why should i keep caring about it? I’m just randomly pugging in tpvp, i stopped giving kittens long ago, still have 500k glory, they’re gonna remove it? Fine, not even spending it…I..don’t…care…i don’t care about new bags, don’t give a kitten about skins after glory patch or whatever, i’m just keep playing cause it’s called guild wars, a game i used to love…nothing more nothing less..

I don’t think he’s saying you should or shouldn’t care, what he’s saying is that people in game and on these forums should be less caustic to each other and the devs.

^ What he said. If you read my posts you will see I am not saying how the devs handled it was the best. I am saying we don’t need to respond with vitriol. Being cool on these forums doesn’t require us to agree with the design choices by the devs.

in PvP

Juan Ignacio.8903

thanks to this thread i went to the youtubes and listen to the song toxic of britney

in PvP

Iason Evan.3806

thanks to this thread i went to the youtubes and listen to the song toxic of britney

If we are unable to control what we type on the forums how will we ever be able to handle getting control options for our pets on our Rangers? Maybe because of how we act here, the devs think that we are only able to handle being able to play Longbow Warriors and Heartseeker/Pistol Whip Thieves.

If we want more skillful play in game, maybe we should skillfully choose our words more wisely here?

in PvP

Juan Ignacio.8903

If we are unable to control what we type on the forums how will we ever be able to handle getting control options for our pets on our Rangers? Maybe because of how we act here, the devs think that we are only able to handle being able to play Longbow Warriors and Heartseeker/Pistol Whip Thieves.

If we want more skillful play in game, maybe we should skillfully choose our words more wisely here?

and now what i think of this thread is something like “the answer is inside your heart” or some crap like that

who gives a kitten about the community if its toxic or not, what so us being trolly/bitter posters made anet not do anything for months now?.

if telling other people that the devs in this game are useless and they have clue what they doing yes i guess im part of the problem.

in PvP

Archaon.6245

and now what i think of this thread is something like “the answer is inside your heart” or some crap like that

who gives a kitten about the community if its toxic or not, what so us being trolly/bitter posters made anet not do anything for months now?.

if telling other people that the devs in this game are useless and they have clue what they doing yes i guess im part of the problem.

Yay stop telling the truth man…it only gives you troubles and deleted posts, be positive…smile, everything is fine….

in PvP

Posted by: ens.9854

ens.9854

OP is living in fantasyland where he gets to be the upstanding hero. Go to any of the countless threads from players asking for help and you will see tons of positivity. If you only choose to focus on threads that are being critical of the game, where everybody has an opinion of what is best yet are forced to try and convey their points in forum posts, then of course there will be frustration.

It is people that think there is any problem at all that are the problem

in PvP

Posted by: Shar.3402

Shar.3402

When your feedbacks keep getting ignored and your favorite (and often, only) gamemode is neglected the way sPvP/tPvP is, I challenge you to not being bitter and toxic.

Shar Teel – Elementalist
Yolo queue FTW [YOLO] – Desolation (EU)
Champion Magus, Genius

in PvP

Posted by: azuzephyr.7280

azuzephyr.7280

There is too much White Knighting that even the OP hasn’t constructed a point.

Toxic would be bad if the devs were in here daily discussing concerns/actively making changes on a regular basis and people were spewing hate at their face despite best efforts to make things right, that isn’t good and it isn’t right.

We get very little dev response outside of locking threads and telling us that they can’t tell us anything, balance changes are few and far between despite completely nuking pvp by introducing signet/stance warriors [amongst other cheesemode specs] into the game – really, what else do you expect? That people are just going to keep smiling and saying nice things?

I can tell you, take a look at the Gazillion forums for Marvel Heroes, a small-medium F2p game with micro-transactions and look at how the devs treat that game, that is how it is done. Balance patches are meaningful and frequent, as is content, and the devs post actual discussion points/answers multiple times daily on their forums. Then take a look at the nature of the threads there compared to here. That community is positive and happy – why? Because they’re being treated with good custom.

Are we?

I find it quite offensive tbh that you believe the community is ‘doing a bad job’ it isn’t our job, this is our leisure, if you spent your $50+ elsewhere at a hotel and the people running the hotel ruined your experience and then did it repeatedly despite you giving them more than ample time and money to make amends, would your advice still be keep positive?

in PvP

Iason Evan.3806

There is too much White Knighting that even the OP hasn’t constructed a point.

Toxic would be bad if the devs were in here daily discussing concerns/actively making changes on a regular basis and people were spewing hate at their face despite best efforts to make things right, that isn’t good and it isn’t right.

We get very little dev response outside of locking threads and telling us that they can’t tell us anything, balance changes are few and far between despite completely nuking pvp by introducing signet/stance warriors [amongst other cheesemode specs] into the game – really, what else do you expect? That people are just going to keep smiling and saying nice things?

I can tell you, take a look at the Gazillion forums for Marvel Heroes, a small-medium F2p game with micro-transactions and look at how the devs treat that game, that is how it is done. Balance patches are meaningful and frequent, as is content, and the devs post actual discussion points/answers multiple times daily on their forums. Then take a look at the nature of the threads there compared to here. That community is positive and happy – why? Because they’re being treated with good custom.

Are we?

I find it quite offensive tbh that you believe the community is ‘doing a bad job’ it isn’t our job, this is our leisure, if you spent your $50+ elsewhere at a hotel and the people running the hotel ruined your experience and then did it repeatedly despite you giving them more than ample time and money to make amends, would your advice still be keep positive?

I never said, “be positive”. I said we need to be cooler to each other and the devs. By still posting in these forums it at least means you are still playing or wish they would change some things so that you could come back because you played at one point or another. Letting our words to each other and devs devolve into vitriolic rage and sarcasm and terrible feelings does nothing to make the game better or the community.

I encourage you to go back and actually read what I have been saying all morning in this thread. It boils down to us taking charge of the only thing we have control over on these forums: being kind to each other .

I don’t agree with the cadence of releases as it pertains to skill updates. It has been really slow. That Does Not give me the right to use inflammatory language aimed at devs or other users. It doesn’t give any of us that right.

in PvP

redslion.9675

I agree on being kind to each other.

But devs must understand they just can’t keep us waiting forever.

in PvP

Posted by: Spooko.5436

Spooko.5436

Going through all of these threads is showing me a few things. We as a community (sPvP) are getting pretty toxic. We need to tone it down. It’s past time to start focusing on the things we like about this game and keep our opinions to ourselves when they start getting personal toward each other and the devs. When the patch does hit we need to do our best to be constructive in our criticism.

I feel like you can’t grow a good community in this environment and this game definitely deserves a good environment for its players. I hope you guys join me in trying harder to be less toxic towards the devs and other players.

The game building part is on the devs, but the community being a good one is on us and we are doing a terrible job of being a good community . We can’t offer criticism to the devs without looking in the mirror and asking, “Am I really actually trying to make this a place that other gamers want to come and try this game out or am I a part of the problem?”

TL;DR Right now I feel like ArenaNet is doing a better job at making a quality game than we the players are of making a quality community

• “Of all the awkward people in your house or job there is only one whom you can improve very much.” ~ #CSLewis*

Do you work for Anet? If so, understood, break that $$$

If not, then who the kitten do u think u r? U r not my parent, get off ur high horse and get on the bandwagon or gtfo

in PvP

Iason Evan.3806

When your feedbacks keep getting ignored and your favorite (and often, only) gamemode is neglected the way sPvP/tPvP is, I challenge you to not being bitter and toxic.

I am only Rank 44 so I have not played as much as many of you have. I consider myself of “Decent Quality” as a PvP player, but I play mostly solo queue. I have been in the top 1000 of solo queue (not that that means a thing at all with the way the rankings are. I am just trying to give you an idea of where I am in terms of skill and I have played enough matches to know a thing or two about the format) a few times but usually hover in the mid 80-90th percentiles. I have a Champion Hunter and a Champion Genius and I am working on Mesmer, Guardian and Warrior. I play those classes frequently in sPvP.

You are welcome to go through my post history. I have been overly critical at times on these forums for the same exact frustrating reasons that you probably are. I am asking all of us to dial back the anger and caustic words.

I read these forums daily and post almost daily and the tone of posts lately has devolved into what seems to me as bordering on hate speech and it needs to change.

The only thing we have control over is how we treat each other. Treating each other and the devs poorly, doesn’t make the game better and it sure as heck isn’t making this community a shining beacon in the sea of MMO PvP Forums. I care enough about this game that I would like to see that change.

in PvP

azuzephyr.7280

I did read what you said, in depth, in your OP;

_’It’s past time to start focusing on the things we like about this game and keep our opinions to ourselves’

’We can’t offer criticism to the devs without looking in the mirror and asking, “Am I really actually trying to make this a place that other gamers want to come and try this game out or am I a part of the problem?”_

That’s telling people to stay positive and stop whining, if what you meant was ’it’s time to stay critical and stay upset just don’t swear’ then that isn’t what you said and is not the tone of your OP.

in PvP

Iason Evan.3806

Do you work for Anet? If so, understood, break that $$$

If not, then who the kitten do u think u r? U r not my parent, get off ur high horse and get on the bandwagon or gtfo

I don’t. But this response to me is a perfect example of what we should be avoiding as a community. Is it really that hard for us to be civil? If it is, then that is too bad. Do you really mean that? I want a better community and you tell me to leave? is this the type of thing we want here? Let’s take these forums back and make this place better and try and help build a better community here!

in PvP

Iason Evan.3806

I did read what you said, in depth, in your OP;

_’It’s past time to start focusing on the things we like about this game and keep our opinions to ourselves’

’We can’t offer criticism to the devs without looking in the mirror and asking, “Am I really actually trying to make this a place that other gamers want to come and try this game out or am I a part of the problem?”_

That’s telling people to stay positive and stop whining, if what you meant was ’it’s time to stay critical and stay upset just don’t swear’ then that isn’t what you said and is not the tone of your OP.

Not really. It’s saying, let’s not make it personal and say lame stuff to each other. I am all for us being critical of the things we would like to see change. I can’t control the speed of the dev cycle here. I can control whether or not I use foul language or call people names or say generally lame things to people. That has zero to do with being positive.

I will give an example: Johnny is mad that they haven’t updated the skills in months. So he decides to post, “ANET FIX YOUR K I T T E N GAME NAO!!!” “YOU GUYS SHOULD BE KITTY KAT FIRED!”

Right above that post is a post from Jane. She says, " ArenaNet: I love the game you have made but your skill updates don’t happen with enough frequency. I would love to see that changer because I find myself wanting to play other games because I am getting bored with waiting. Thanks though for the cool game you’ve made, but it’s time for me to move on! Peace!"

There is a difference. Jane knows she has zero control over how the devs implement balance patches. johnny does too, but he just wants to be a jerk.

All I am saying is: Don’t be Johnny

in PvP

Posted by: Sweetbread.2679

Sweetbread.2679

I never said, “be positive”. I said we need to be cooler to each other and the devs. By still posting in these forums it at least means you are still playing or wish they would change some things so that you could come back because you played at one point or another. Letting our words to each other and devs devolve into vitriolic rage and sarcasm and terrible feelings does nothing to make the game better or the community.

I encourage you to go back and actually read what I have been saying all morning in this thread. It boils down to us taking charge of the only thing we have control over on these forums: being kind to each other .

I don’t agree with the cadence of releases as it pertains to skill updates. It has been really slow. That Does Not give me the right to use inflammatory language aimed at devs or other users. It doesn’t give any of us that right.

You need a thicker skin plain and simple. The “toxic” community that the devs created by completely ingoring the “polite and helpful” community for an entire year isn’t going anywhere soon. Anet deserves the bitter, jaded community that it created and nobody’s going to just pretend the past year and a half didn’t happen just to tip toe around how sensitive you are.

in PvP

Posted by: gesho.9468

gesho.9468

@Iason Evan.3806 this is a commendable soul-searching, but when removing warrior op and spirit bug takes 6 month (and still no sigh of fix), I’m not sure what measure of “good work” you mean.

in PvP

Posted by: Killthehealersffs.8940

Killthehealersffs.8940

Just remember : if they restart the SOTGs (after the launch in china and the pax2) , we should be more carefull about demanding drastic change in the meta and ensure them not to worry , because the comminity will find some way to counter it :P

in PvP

Iason Evan.3806

You need a thicker skin plain and simple. The “toxic” community that the devs created by completely ingoring the “polite and helpful” community for an entire year isn’t going anywhere soon. Anet deserves the bitter, jaded community that it created and nobody’s going to just pretend the past year and a half didn’t happen just to tip toe around how sensitive you are.

I say, “Hey guys, let’s be cool to each other!” and someone argues with me. How do you argue with someone that says, “Be cool”? On the topic of the thickness of my skin? I play Street Fighter. This community has nothing on that one in terms of being cruel or downright nasty so while I appreciate your concern for my tender feels, I can assure you I will find a way to persevere through this storm, friend. Heck, I have beaten people in matches in that game mercilessly and had people PM me “L2P, scrub!”.

in PvP

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

^ So much truth in this post. Thank you for saying this.

Also, to all the people saying “Well, we used to be decent human beings, but since we didn’t get what we wanted, we decided to be jerks instead”, that logic doesn’t hold up and the only thing it accomplishes is making things worse, not better.

(edited by Dahkeus.8243)

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

When you have bunch 4v5 in a row with “sweet” mix of skyhammer crap it is hard not to be toxic.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

redslion.9675

To reduce miasma levels pvp players should stop eating beans.

in PvP

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

When you have bunch 4v5 in a row with “sweet” mix of skyhammer crap it is hard not to be toxic.

Not really…

If the game starts to get to you, here are a couple alternatives to posting immature rage posts on the forums:

- Turn off the computer.
– Watch something on TV.
– Go for a walk outside.
– Engage with your family/loved ones.
– Play a different game.
– Realize that your own personal frustration isn’t a burden to throw on someone else.

If you want to come to the forums and make a constructive criticism about these grievances, please do so, but that’s not really the issue here.

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Not really…

If the game starts to get to you, here are a couple alternatives to posting immature rage posts on the forums:

- Turn off the computer.
– Watch something on TV.
– Go for a walk outside.
– Play a different game.
– Realize that your own personal frustration isn’t a burden to throw on someone else.

If you want to come to the forums and make a constructive criticism about these grievances, please do so, but that’s not really the issue here.

been there, done that including constructive feedback

nothing done

i honestly don’t understand what the point of playing game when the best solution for it’s issues is to log off and play something else… should gw2 description be changed to: “Includes imbalanced matches with badly designed maps with the goal to cause frustration. Make sure to buy/download other game to have fun while taking break from GW2”.

Take chess, imagine one guy had all figures and other guy had only half of them. And then tell that not so happy guy with half of the figures: “It is your personal issue, go take a break”. Oh and if the guy started to complain you just cut off his tongue because he is being “rude” and it is against rules.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

(edited by Cynz.9437)

in PvP

redslion.9675

Not really…

- Turn off the computer.
– Watch something on TV.
– Go for a walk outside.
– Play a different game.

That’s what a lot of people do. Those people are the ones who already quit the game.

in PvP

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

3 maps
A “Leaderboard” “system”

Tournaments no longer cost moneys! That was huge!

in PvP

azuzephyr.7280

There is a difference. Jane knows she has zero control over how the devs implement balance patches. johnny does too, but he just wants to be a jerk.

All I am saying is: Don’t be Johnny

And what I’m saying is that Johnny was probably similar to Jane at one point, but it isn’t reasonable at all to expect the Jane approach to last forever in the face of being ignored for an utterly ridiculous amount of time. Nobody buys a GW2 account just to post hate on the forums.

I’m not saying people are right to get personal or overly venomous when they post or that I’d advocate it, but It isn’t exactly wrong at this point either. You can’t tell people that being Johnny is unreasonable after this long – it’s perfectly logical.

If you actually look back at the threads that have been closed the past week due to being ‘toxic’ almost none were of the nature you described, most were well reasoned, justifiable and not overly harsh arguments. Yes people were upset but what do you expect?

in PvP

Juan Ignacio.8903

EVERYONE!!! stop thinking the way u thinking and think the same as me!

in PvP

Posted by: Mrbig.8019

Mrbig.8019

I’m sorry for you, trying to be positive is futile.

sPvP has been neglected for far too long, too many players have quit and the few still being there carry all the weight of aNet lack of understanding over themselves that they became rude.

We have been slapped in the face for far too long: no rewards for playing competitively ( or playing in general) , terrible balance, abusable joke leaderboards with no decay, no support for the community, gamebreaking bugs in there for months ( spirit of renewal is simply the last one) etc. etc. etc. have driven the community totally crazy.

No way to save this, unless they really start caring for real. And without a big marketing push, it still won’t be enough, trust me.

in PvP

Iason Evan.3806

EVERYONE!!! stop thinking the way u thinking and think the same as me!

Think any way you want. Just be respectful. That is the only thing I have been saying since I started this thread. I am asking people to be kind to each other no matter their opinion of the game. You can dislike what is happening with PvP right now and not be mean to people.

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

It’s always funny when people show up with messages like the OP. I think they work for ANET but are using a different account. Any regular person isn’t going to care about the forums. There is always going to be a mix or good, bad, and indifferent. Get used to it.

in PvP

Iason Evan.3806

It’s always funny when people show up with messages like the OP. I think they work for ANET but are using a different account. Any regular person isn’t going to care about the forums. There is always going to be a mix or good, bad, and indifferent. Get used to it.

Good, bad, and indifferent are to be expected. I am talking vitriol, rage, and outbursts of anger. I don’t work for ArenaNet and don’t have any affiliation to them. Why is it funny that I am telling people to be cool to each other? Why should I get used to people hating on each other over viddya gamez? People can disagree and not make it personal. That is something we should all be able to get used to.

in PvP

Posted by: isolatedchimp.2510

isolatedchimp.2510

Being civil is fine and all and something that I advocate. However, on these forums the mods are so kitten touchy that anything construed as negative gets you an infraction. So why bother being civil? This is one forum where the moderation has encouraged me to be more aggressive rather than discourage it.