Mid-air leap/movement skill nerfs

in PvP

Posted by: Tontonino.9736

Tontonino.9736

By nerfing the way movement skills work in mid-air and with teleports you’ve really just made gameplay clunkier without nerfing any sort of abuse

Why have leap+teleport interactions been limited? Why the mid-air movement nerf?

I suppose some skills (i.e. Guard gs3, War sw2) do need to be on firm ground to leap/teleport, but Wings of Resolve (ahem “wings”)? Ride the Lightning? Ancestral Grace? Flashing Blade?

in PvP

Posted by: Proven.2854

Proven.2854

They were being used in WvW to skip over walls and jump into keeps and towers.

Call me Smith.

in PvP

Posted by: Menzies The Heretic.3415

Menzies The Heretic.3415

I see these kind of fixes more and more. Instead of fixing the root cause, they break something instead.

If the rule is: “one can’t be able to teleport over a wall”, the fix must be related to teleporting past a certain point (in this case wall). Not altering the mechanics so the input factors change.

See Mirror Blade change for a similar “bad fix” approach. Mirror Blade fix Fail

* Twitch – Mênzîes – Mesmer pvp
* YouTube – Fun, guides and gameplay

in PvP

Tontonino.9736

Then make those walls taller…? Add an invisible barrier since nothing should be entering those keeps and towers? But don’t break a movement mechanic. Plus, Wings of Resolve is already bugged on its own so it was effectively nerfed this patch.

in PvP

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Then make those walls taller…? Add an invisible barrier since nothing should be entering those keeps and towers? But don’t break a movement mechanic.

This was my general thought too. Fix the root cause of the issue, as opposed to just fixing a symptom.

sigh

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

in PvP

Posted by: Glenstorm.4059

Glenstorm.4059

Like RtL hadn’t already gotten enough dev hate. Lame AF change.

Fear the might of SHATTERSTONE.

in PvP

Posted by: SchmendrickTheMagician.8247

SchmendrickTheMagician.8247

Like RtL hadn’t already gotten enough dev hate. Lame AF change.

Seriously they need to remove that dumb double-cooldown mechanic. It’s from a time when ele was dominating the meta with berzerker amulet.

Even unnerfing RTL wouldn’t bring ele back to playable level, they needed MUCH MORE changes than just that.

Last of the Red Hot Swamis

in PvP

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

Then make those walls taller…? Add an invisible barrier since nothing should be entering those keeps and towers? But don’t break a movement mechanic. Plus, Wings of Resolve is already bugged on its own so it was effectively nerfed this patch.

Invisible barriers would probably also stop siege shots as well so not exactly a good solution. They could make walls taller, but they’ve already tried to fix their messed up wall graphics like 4 or 5 times since HoT launched, the next time they mess with it to make walls taller would probably break the game…… no like seriously….. it would. XD

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

in PvP

Posted by: SchmendrickTheMagician.8247

SchmendrickTheMagician.8247

Invisible barriers would probably also stop siege shots as well so not exactly a good solution. They could make walls taller, but they’ve already tried to fix their messed up wall graphics like 4 or 5 times since HoT launched, the next time they mess with it to make walls taller would probably break the game…… no like seriously….. it would. XD

What they’re doing here is called “playing firefighter” in software development. It’s basically the worst case scenario a company development team can have.

Instead of fixing base problems and implementing new stuff they just “run around” and try to quench fires before they spread too much.

Ridiculous really for a company THAT big with THAT amount of resources.

Last of the Red Hot Swamis

in PvP

Tontonino.9736

I’m 100% positive you can make an invisible wall that blocks any character or NPC but doesn’t block siege shots.. It really cannot be that difficult. Area limiting barriers have always existed in games.

in PvP

Posted by: Impact.2780

Impact.2780

I think it’s still possible to cast them while in the air anyway... They just can’t be "activated" while in the air. It’s the same way jump-dodge works. Since jump is client side, you can activate the skill, and press jump before the server receives the skill activation command, resulting in it being activated while in the air, just as you enter the air, but without the server registering that you are in the air.

Press, fast enough, anything like RTL+jump, heartseeker+jump, burning speed+jump etc.

EU | Ímpáct / Impact Warlock / Impact Illusions
http://www.twitch.tv/impact2780

in PvP

Posted by: Lexander.4579

Lexander.4579

no more wall exploits for you OP

Alex Shadowdagger – Thief – Blacktide

in PvP

Posted by: Waffler.1257

Waffler.1257

Then make those walls taller…? Add an invisible barrier since nothing should be entering those keeps and towers? But don’t break a movement mechanic.

This was my general thought too. Fix the root cause of the issue, as opposed to just fixing a symptom.

sigh

that would require anet to write new code, all they know how to do is copy-paste older code in different orders.

in PvP

Tontonino.9736

None of my characters have ever left HoTM bruh

in PvP

Posted by: Amaranth.2517

Amaranth.2517

Cause instead of fixing noflying zones in WvW they decided to go easy way. In all modes.
The most hilarious thing in the last update was PvE squad markers, that they made for PvE raids and forgot that they also have PvP and WvW modes.

in PvP

Posted by: zaxon.6819

zaxon.6819

It is hard to balance walls in wvw because then they would need to balance them in pve also.

in PvP

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

LOL. Complain more. WvW fights get “broken” all the time due to some fix that caters to PvP. Example: stability change. But hey, let them leap into lord at Foefire.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

(edited by Chaba.5410)

in PvP

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

pretty sure some classes like warriors could never channel any movment skills while in mid air. And warriors are notorious for having lots of them. If your class could do this before it wasn’t a feature it was a bug.

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

in PvP

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

pretty sure some classes like warriors could never channel any movment skills while in mid air. And warriors are notorious for having lots of them. If your class could do this before it wasn’t a feature it was a bug.

Not only warriors: most movement skills work like this. It’s simply a bug fix, I don’t understand why people get so mad about it.

in PvP

Posted by: Chip Skylark.2367

Chip Skylark.2367

Welcome to anet’s design philosophy. If something’s broken, break something else.

in PvP

Posted by: Lexander.4579

Lexander.4579

None of my characters have ever left HoTM bruh

well if you would leave HotM to do sPvP from time to time you would know there are also maps on which its possible to exploit

Alex Shadowdagger – Thief – Blacktide

in PvP

Posted by: Mizu Misa.8730

Mizu Misa.8730

I want my RtL midair. /cry

Painkillerguild.com [eu][gh][pvx] applications welcome!

in PvP

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

sigh

that would require anet to write new code, all they know how to do is copy-paste older code in different orders.

I am kind of hoping this is just a “band aid” until the WvW team can actually address that underlying issue. Only time will tell (won’t hold my breath).

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.