Mid buff too strong on silent storm

in PvP

Posted by: Ostricheggs.3742

Ostricheggs.3742

On temple the middle buff that spawns at 11:30 needs to be substantially weakened. For those of you who don’t know what it is, it makes it so that all points that you hold give twice as many points. In many cases it’s far more effective and game deciding than the 3 cap buff. Correct me if I’m wrong, but it takes only 5 seconds to take and it lasts a full MINUTE!

This means that if you hold one point for the entire duration you receive sixty points, or twelve kills worth. If you hold one point with the buff you negate a two cap. If you hold two points you’re essentially four capping your opponents. Three and it’s GG.

Basically what I’m trying to get at is that it’s too strong at the moment for how much time is invested in taking it. Either reduce how effective it is or increase the time it takes to cap it!

twitch.tv/ostricheggs MOTM/TOL 2/TOG NA/WTS Beijing winner. Message me for PvP Coaching
@$20 an hour! It’s worth it!

in PvP

Posted by: firebreathz.7692

firebreathz.7692

Surely this adds a little to strategy to the map..

Its only a 1 min buff, which is very short compared with the length of a match..

This also gives a reason to get off a cap point.. which adds to the tactics that can be used..

Personally I think anything that inspires players to not just sit on a cap point is a good way forward..

If you nerf the buff it then becomes useless..
If you increase the cap time then it will never be taken because of other team interrupts.

I dont think there is a problem with the way it stands atm

in PvP

Posted by: Interpret Interrupt.3824

Interpret Interrupt.3824

Its stronger than boss buffs. 1 minute of double points means you don’t even have to try for 2 cap for whole minute.

K Pop
The Warrior, The Necro, The F1 Connoisseur
http://www.twitch.tv/interpretinterrupt

in PvP

Posted by: Dairuin.5602

Dairuin.5602

It’s not as strong as you’re saying. First of all it only lasts about 45 seconds. Second of all points are awarded every other second, not every second. So at best it’s worth about 22pts for each point you hold for its duration. I do agree however that it’s a more important buff int he grand scheme than the 3-cap buff.

in PvP

Posted by: Waffler.1257

Waffler.1257

Basically what I’m trying to get at is that it’s too strong at the moment for how much time is invested in taking it. Either reduce how effective it is or increase the time it takes to cap it!

You know you can interrupt people capping buffs right? It will only take 5 seconds to cap if nobody is trying to stop you, in which case the other team is either making a strategic decision to ignore the buff or doesn’t know what’s going on and deserves to lose. Buffs can’t be too strong since each team knows where the buffs spawn, when they spawn, and what they do. If you think the buff will make you win the game then tell your whole team to stop holding points and get to the buff spawn to cap it.

in PvP

Posted by: Acandis.3250

Acandis.3250

The real problem is eles being able to mist cap buffs. op

in PvP

Dairuin.5602

The real problem is eles being able to mist cap buffs. op

Truth. Anet went out of their way to make it extremely easy to interrupt and impossible to cap while stealthed, but there are still a few key abilities that prevent the interrupt. Mist form and Diversion among them.

in PvP

Posted by: Ostricheggs.3742

Ostricheggs.3742

I think people are missing the point. The point is is that the buff is way too strong in comparison for how easy it is to cap as well as in comparison to how much you go through in attempt to cap the bottom buff.

Even worse is that you can mist cap/diversion cap/elixir S cap the buff REALLY REALLY easy. All it takes is 2 seconds and a mist and you have it.

I’m not saying you can’t tell your team to focus on that buff. I’m just giving feedback because at the moment it’s too strong for what it takes to get it.

twitch.tv/ostricheggs MOTM/TOL 2/TOG NA/WTS Beijing winner. Message me for PvP Coaching
@$20 an hour! It’s worth it!

in PvP

Dairuin.5602

I dunno, at 22 pts for 1 point or 44 pts for holding 2 points the full duration, it’s not any more cheeseball than stealing npc’s in forest.

in PvP

Posted by: gwawer.9805

gwawer.9805

That map seems like a happy playground for people who can have knockback’s and teleports. An elementalist can just do his mist form into the bottom pool and troll LOL at the opposing team. And thieves can just teleport around with their short though up to all the ledges why everyone else has to play catch-up. I don’t know what they’re doing giving all these class builds everything rather than having them powerful only in one area the week in others. Why do we have a class that is good immobility, damage, as well as defense/evasion? That’s just stupid and my warrior feels like a useless ragdoll being tossed around and kited.