Midair Immob Bug = unable to use abilities

in PvP

Posted by: XerreX.7196

XerreX.7196

It has been there for months and I dont believe it has only been an issue for me.
While executing dodges while jumping using any ablility that makes you leave the ground (Swoop on ranger GS!) or getting immob while falling down (entangle/ panic strike) one is unable to press any button. Not even stunbreaks nor teleports, nothing.
The accurance of this bug is also fairly common and is an instant death sentence.

pls look for a fix for this…. because it is gamebreaking soemtimes.
thx in advance

in PvP

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

Issues like the jumping immob stun are a problem, and it is game breaking when it does occur.

• Erratic/inconsistent desync behavior after using pushes/pulls causing key abilities to completely miss.
  • Downed bodies in significantly different locations than shown on screen (that never corrects itself until full defeat).

These are all common issues that never get acknowledged, +1 for visibility

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

in PvP

Posted by: hihey.1075

hihey.1075

Getting immob in midair is probably one of the most common reasons for my deaths in pretty much any gamemode that is not PvE.

It’s so common that it almost doesn’t make me mad anymore.

The best is when you get Entangled while jump dodging. I can literally just go AFK for 30s when that happens (5s for dying+5-10s for getting stomped+15s respawn timer).

Pillow Cake
Worst Thief EU
One Handed One vs One Videos

in PvP

Posted by: GhOst.4019

GhOst.4019

+1 to all this. One of my favorites is getting pulled and before you reach the player you get launched 100 ft into the air. #Epic

Lol

#1 Player Granada
#1 Player Comoros

in PvP

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

I agree with the above issues, they should have been fixed a long time ago : /

+1 to all this. One of my favorites is getting pulled and before you reach the player you get launched 100 ft into the air. #Epic

Lol

That’s only a visual bug, it’s not as if you take fall dmg or anything. It happens all the time when I use magnet on eng, but I can still prybar them. What’s far more annoying to me is when they simply vanish from my screen and I need to guess a bit where they are.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in PvP

Posted by: BlazinFyre.2410

BlazinFyre.2410

Can’t they fix this problem by just making immobilize not affect the vertical axis?

in PvP

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

Can’t they fix this problem by just making immobilize not affect the vertical axis?

Possibly easier said than done, who knows?

It’s easily reproduced by .. jumping or using abilities that put you in the jumping state while getting immobilized.

It seems like it goes like this: Reproducible Bug → Bug reports → Recognized as something that should be fixed → Working its way to the top of the pile → Fix in progress.

I think this issue is probably at the stage where it’s gonna be recognized as something that should be fixed soon.

Also, hotfixes randomly re-break tons of old bugs. Moving forward without taking steps back is a big concern.

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

in PvP

GhOst.4019

I agree with the above issues, they should have been fixed a long time ago : /

Lol

That’s only a visual bug, it’s not as if you take fall dmg or anything. It happens all the time when I use magnet on eng, but I can still prybar them. What’s far more annoying to me is when they simply vanish from my screen and I need to guess a bit where they are.

I know it’s a visual bug but it is still a bug that needs fixing along with these.

#1 Player Granada
#1 Player Comoros

in PvP

Posted by: oxtred.7658

oxtred.7658

I already killed people with that “visual bug”. A friend I was dueling with took something like 15k falling damage and instantly died.

#magnetpulltoostronk

If you’re on EU and need help to get into dungeons, pm me.

in PvP

GhOst.4019

That’s weird. I have had this happen to me many many times and never taken fall damage. Probably just another bug. Like upon match start one time on Temple, when it ported me down to the ground I took like 40k fall damage and died……………Only happened once though.

#1 Player Granada
#1 Player Comoros

in PvP

Posted by: oxtred.7658

oxtred.7658

Yup, a falling damage bugged caused by a visual bug.
Bugception.

If you’re on EU and need help to get into dungeons, pm me.

in PvP

GhOst.4019

Yup, a falling damage bugged caused by a visual bug.
Bugception.

Absolutely.

Attachments:

#1 Player Granada
#1 Player Comoros

in PvP

XerreX.7196

Still in the game, still no fix after many patches. pls Anet look into the issue, thx

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

since latest patches it also affects leaping skills like heartseeker, savage leap etc.

wtb fix asap

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: Aenye.2390

Aenye.2390

it’s not only pvp exclusive
in Silverwastes husks have long immob
stuck mid-air is something I experience there many times per day…
I don’t play pvp other than daily because leaderboard, turrets and sometimes lags fix one and I’m back
PS.: also ask Helseth if he likes immob mid-air, he’ll be delighted…

Powerpuff Alex
Yeah I don’t really play the game any longer – whaddya think I am doing on forums?

in PvP

Posted by: Kicker.8203

Kicker.8203

also the turning bug, seems like their intention was to unable turning while immobilized but if u don’t move the moment u get the immob you can still turn around with skills. This is especially annoying against power rangers because they just stand in place to cast 1 and 2 (like they were a melee spec and the funny thing is that they out DPS any melee class with skill 2), this way u cant teleport behind them to break the skill nor immobilize them and go behind them to do the same… this fix would add at least some counterplay

in PvP

Posted by: Lexiceta.4156

Lexiceta.4156

Idk the jump that he got caught in was totally unnecessary, that form of random jump served no purpose.

in PvP

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

• Erratic/inconsistent desync behavior after using pushes/pulls causing key abilities to completely miss.

That failed Pry Bar rage! I’m relieved to see it happens to the best engineers as well.

in PvP

Posted by: Aenye.2390

Aenye.2390

Idk the jump that he got caught in was totally unnecessary, that form of random jump served no purpose.

yes, of course
that’s some great argument you presented, because of this the bug shouldn’t be fixed assuming that this happens only as sort of punishment for unnacessar jumps ONLY or if it only happens only to people you don’t like
because it doesn’t happen when you jump on purpose, it only happens to randomly jumping noobs; not like it bugs you on skills such as people mention (from myself I’ll add Leap of Faith guard gs3)
so, yeah it was valuable to focus on funny sidenote instead of issue itself, that’s quite innovative and completely unbiased
as another funny sidenote I might mention that I even wasn’t refering to that particular situation, but Helseth’s common expereinced and not really when random jumping – here you go, don’t need to be so smart for the second time

Edit: Sorry for grammar and typos

Powerpuff Alex
Yeah I don’t really play the game any longer – whaddya think I am doing on forums?

in PvP

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

On some professions, jumping is useless. On every profession that needs good positioning, it’s vital. Just look at one of Helseth’s game: it’s like he’s doing a kittening jumping puzzle. Play something else than warrior.

in PvP

Posted by: LionZero.3479

LionZero.3479

This bug has been around since beta, but as said happens on leaps that go upward aswell more often these days, funniest part is when in wvwvw for instance you use swoop and the second part that is uplifting roots you despite being an evade frame.

Cause you know wvwvw = serverlagg = skills connecting when they shouldn’t be able to connect, cause the servers is out of sync with positioning cause of client sided position forwarding on servers ^^

in PvP

XerreX.7196

Still 0 conformation, also it appears without even jumping…. pls look into it, it is about high time….