Mindless zerging and CoD mentality.

in PvP

Posted by: Raigai.4218

Raigai.4218

Whenever I play sPvP I cannot help but notice that there is ZERO communication in ANY match. And I do mean ANY match. It’s nothing but mindless zerging. It is not rewarding in the slightest. Also, while talking about rewards, the game doesn’t reward the good players at all. Want to defend? Be prepared to lose points then.

I watched some video where it was mentioned that GW will attempt to become an e-Sports game. That will never happen. Not like this. Fix this mindless zerging and give credit to the players that deserve it, not to the ones running around with the mass mindlessly hacking everything on their way in hopes of getting a few kills for points. This is JUST like playing Call of Duty. People just want to kill as many people as possible and possibly capture a few bases along the way.

Share your thoughts on this one guys. Do YOU think the sPvP is just a mindless zergfest that doesn’t reward the actual good players? Also, note that this is coming from a solo player. I do not play with a group. Still doesn’t change the fact that there should be at least SOME sort of communication. At least WoW got that aspect right. People actually gave a crap about winning and not the trivial things, such as killing blows and healing done etc.. I hope I am not alone on this one. I can’t be the only one to notice this. Share your views guys.

in PvP

Posted by: zone.1073

zone.1073

16-player mode should be renamed Zerg Mode. If you don’t like Zerg Mode, then don’t play Zerg Mode. Queue up for 5 v 5 arenas like any other sane person.

in PvP

Posted by: Valentin.2073

Valentin.2073

zerg mode is fun once in a while. hotjoin is casual and fun. it’s a place where you can meet players from different worlds and chat. i find it really refreshing. tpvp is where you can be serious and competitive.

PVP Ranger: Prince Valentine, PVP Warrior: Prince of Hearts I, and PVP Mesmer: Prince Valentine I

in PvP

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

Hotjoin is like that. In solo queues, there’s a decent amount of communication. If you queue with a team, they’ll probably want you to have a mic/headset and communicate constantly.

in PvP

Posted by: a t s e.9614

a t s e.9614

Hotjoin is the biggest joke ive ever seen . 5 people
standing on the same point , zerging everything , calling
each other grubs and such . It’s pathetic it’s wvw in a smaller map .
SoloQ isint better btw , 4v5 is not fun . Try to join less populated
servers.

in PvP

Posted by: Ottohi.2871

Ottohi.2871

Ironically, the best teams I’ve ever had we’ve said nothing in. Everyone knows their job, everyone does it.

That said, hotjoin is a good place to test (WvW builds, PvE builds, and PvP. It gives a nice controlled test dummies – I mean good control against thinking opponents, and svanir.) It’s also a good place to just chat. Even zerg, which can be very fun especially if you’re from one of the lower population servers on WvW so it’s always you vs zerg anyways.

Want a challenge? Go for tPvP.

And finally, here’s something completely unrelated that could help you relieve some stress
http://25.media.tumblr.com/bf64b348c88d877f6f97580fb3537fa1/tumblr_mstl6qCVM91snt98wo1_500.png

in PvP

Raigai.4218

Guild Wars 2 sPvP has been the worst PvP experience I’ve had thus far in gaming. I had more fun PvP:ing even in Rift. Guess I’ll have to abandon my favorite aspect of the game completely. You guys keep the zerging. I’ll rather keep my strategy elements. . As GW is now, it will not get to be the “number one PvP MMO” as they claim. It will never get to that level like this.

in PvP

Posted by: Chicago Jack.5647

Chicago Jack.5647

Original Poster, just don’t play 8v8 hotjoin. The maps are not designed to support this playstyle and it’s pretty stupid that Anet allows this to happen – since for most people it’s the start of playing spvp. Ether play soloq (you will run into 4v5’s though) or 5v5 hotjoin. At most, if you decide to defend a point, you might get a 1v3 but that’s only if the team you’re against is bad. Any higher, and the team is REALLY bad.

in PvP

Raigai.4218

Good answers. No trolls. I appreciate it.

in PvP

Posted by: kito.1827

kito.1827

as stated many times by many players:

• 8v8 needs to stop. hotjoin has to be 5v5 only as it is the starter for new players (still able to do more in custom arenas)
  • and the queues (yes both) need an ‘unranked’ option with MMR but without rating loss/gain
Karl Otik
no gutz no glory
“Tranquility has a beard.”

in PvP

Posted by: Thedenofsin.7340

Thedenofsin.7340

Guild Wars 2 sPvP has been the worst PvP experience I’ve had thus far in gaming. I had more fun PvP:ing even in Rift. Guess I’ll have to abandon my favorite aspect of the game completely. You guys keep the zerging. I’ll rather keep my strategy elements. . As GW is now, it will not get to be the “number one PvP MMO” as they claim. It will never get to that level like this.

I call bunk. Rift PvP is a lumpy pile of horse turds compared to PvP in GW2. Rift has, by far, the worst PvP in the history of MMO’s.

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.6245

Archaon.6245

Guys guys..please…we all know this game must be “casual friendly” and hotzerg is the faster way to bring pve heroes to pvp, they don’t give a kitten if it’s actually lame and totally unskilled…they just want noobs to have fun, not a single kitten given to competitive side…we all know how it is…aswell as we know this is not gonna change..