Missing Statues for Monthly

in PvP

Posted by: MagicToker.9478

MagicToker.9478

Hi, Marvin and I won the monthly and neither of our statues are shown. The rest of our teams are visible. Not sure if this is a bug or what, thanks.

in PvP

Posted by: Tosh.2741

Tosh.2741

Jeffi and Val must’ve took it home. Probably crying over it. No worries man.

Ep And Friends[GfG]
50/50 God Walking Amongst Mere Mortals
IGN: Toshi

in PvP

Posted by: Nighthawk.4687

Nighthawk.4687

Nah statues you gotta pay for, gemstore exclusive.

in PvP

Posted by: Ben Phongluangtham

Ben Phongluangtham

Game Designer

Next

We’ll take a look on Monday.

in PvP

Posted by: Cal Cohen

Previous

Cal Cohen

QA Embed

Next

Hi, Marvin and I won the monthly and neither of our statues are shown. The rest of our teams are visible. Not sure if this is a bug or what, thanks.

Did you receive the other 1st place rewards?

cmc in game

in PvP

Posted by: MagicToker.9478

MagicToker.9478

Did you receive the other 1st place rewards?

Yes the rewards were received.

in PvP

Posted by: YourFriendMarvin.4127

YourFriendMarvin.4127

I can confirm the rewards were received and that Toker and I’s statues aren’t appearing.

#MostTeamQueueWins before December 2nd, 2014 Patch
[NA]Rank 71 before April 15th, 2014 Feature Patch OG Moltres, 10k Champion Brawler, Team PZ
http://www.twitch.tv/yourfriendmarvin

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

As many of you are aware, we received many reports that the winners of July’s Monthly tournament were not played by the owners of those accounts. After a thorough investigation, we have found that these accusations are true.
We are taking this very seriously. The following 10 players listed below have been given permanent dishonor.
Naru and alts
Nos and alts
Wakkey and alts
Toker and alts
Zeromis and alts
Asuna Proxy
Forever I Promise
Love Them Boons
Jolly Karen
Makus
In addition, we have removed prizes gained by the winning players and have cleared the statues. They will retain the titles for a short while until we can remove them in the future.
We will be continuing to monitor tournaments in the future.
The Guild Wars 2 PvP Team

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

in PvP

Posted by: Asur.9178

Asur.9178

As many of you are aware, we received many reports that the winners of July’s Monthly tournament were not played by the owners of those accounts. After a thorough investigation, we have found that these accusations are true.
We are taking this very seriously. The following 10 players listed below have been given permanent dishonor.
Naru and alts
Nos and alts
Wakkey and alts
Toker and alts
Zeromis and alts
Asuna Proxy
Forever I Promise
Love Them Boons
Jolly Karen
Makus
In addition, we have removed prizes gained by the winning players and have cleared the statues. They will retain the titles for a short while until we can remove them in the future.

:D

in PvP

Posted by: Freedj.8650

Freedj.8650

Permanent pvp dishonor players get statues in this game?

in PvP

Posted by: YourFriendMarvin.4127

YourFriendMarvin.4127

I wasn’t Permanently Dishonored 8^)

#MostTeamQueueWins before December 2nd, 2014 Patch
[NA]Rank 71 before April 15th, 2014 Feature Patch OG Moltres, 10k Champion Brawler, Team PZ
http://www.twitch.tv/yourfriendmarvin

in PvP

Posted by: Ziggityzog.7389

Ziggityzog.7389

Naru and alts
Nos and alts
Wakkey and alts
Toker and alts
Zeromis and alts
Asuna Proxy
Forever I Promise
Love Them Boons
Jolly Karen
Makus

Let me fix the anet statement if the banned people are actually playing again.

“We are taking this very lightly. The following 10 players listed below have been given a slap on the wrist. They have permanent dishonor on main accounts and some what kind of permanent dishonor on their alt accounts, unless they pay money and buy a new account from us then they are good.”

for some reason i don’t know i thought banning a person from pvp and alts ment the person was gone from pvp period… Wow those tricky politician like statements from anet lol. That’s why ill never play ranked again and i may just skip out on PoF and run reaper. If season 9 has a chance at life ill buy PoF.

lol’ing at thos who use broken builds and claim to be good since 2005.

|||Necro the masterclass very few know about.|||

in PvP

Posted by: Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

Naru and alts
Nos and alts
Wakkey and alts
Toker and alts
Zeromis and alts
Asuna Proxy
Forever I Promise
Love Them Boons
Jolly Karen
Makus

Let me fix the anet statement if the banned people are actually playing again.

“We are taking this very lightly. The following 10 players listed below have been given a slap on the wrist. They have permanent dishonor on main accounts and some what kind of permanent dishonor on their alt accounts, unless they pay money and buy a new account from us then they are good.”

for some reason i don’t know i thought banning a person from pvp and alts ment the person was gone from pvp period… Wow those tricky politician like statements from anet lol. That’s why ill never play ranked again and i may just skip out on PoF and run reaper. If season 9 has a chance at life ill buy PoF.

yeah there was an fine print there. they can still buy new alts even if A-net banned thier main and alts. nothing about new alts bieng prohibited.

Honestly i kinda have a few toughts about this i shall refrain from expressing here cause there is no way i can word them without resorting to profanity so i will focus on the positive ones i guess. I will say the following here to end on a positive note: Clever little Fox A-net.

I will atleast commend A-net on bieng clever i guess.

in PvP

Posted by: Faux Play.6104

Faux Play.6104

Anyone want to start a go fund me to buy them new accounts for next month after these get dishonored? Lol

in PvP

Posted by: Elxdark.9702

Elxdark.9702

?
They played on new accounts so the punishment doesn’t matter here, what we should be discussing instead is why in all these years NA hasn’t beat abjured yet lul

in PvP

Posted by: Manimarco Devil.1790

Manimarco Devil.1790

?
They played on new accounts so the punishment doesn’t matter here, what we should be discussing instead is why in all these years NA hasn’t beat abjured yet lul

People were under the impression anet actually did something to punish them. If the idea was that they could just make alts then its a toothless dishonor, shouldn’t have even bothered in the first place. GW2 pvp is already small, why should someone bother playing competitively when this is tolerated? The game mode has no integrity.

Battlelord Taeres

in PvP

Posted by: Sunshine.5014

Sunshine.5014

It’s funny how the majority of the threads never have a visit from a Dev. But when a “permanently Dishonored” player shows up asking for a statue, they got 2 devs replied right away…

Gray out the HP for future condition damage
Already quit PvP. Just log in here and there to troll.

(edited by Sunshine.5014)

in PvP

Posted by: Blue.1207

Blue.1207

They’re permanently dishonoured why the heck are they allowed to obtain PvP statues.

[Maguuma] Since BETA – Just Bri
When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all.

in PvP

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

These dishonoured players are making a mockery of the devs, and the devs are really not helping themselves with their flip flop actions.

in PvP

Faux Play.6104

Not all of them were dishonored. The original post didn’t say they couldn’t buy new accounts and play.

in PvP

Posted by: Mel.3064

Mel.3064

Not all of them were dishonored. The original post didn’t say they couldn’t buy new accounts and play.

They did not dishonor the accounts, but the players. Why else would they put dishonor on not involved alt accounts?
Considering how cheap accounts are, these kind of punishments should always be per player and not per account, just as the ANet dev posts prior to the reddit post suggest.

Even if people without dishonor took part in the team, they all should loose their rewards because they knowingly teamed up with people who have dishonor. Everything else would be a spit in the face to the pvp community.

in PvP

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

These dishonoured players are making a mockery of the devs, and the devs are really not helping themselves with their flip flop actions.

They’re not making a mockery of ArenaNet as permanently dishonouring all their existing accounts is officially clarified on reddit to be the intended punishment. Future accounts were not mentioned and the word permanent still accurately describes how long the dishonor on their accounts will last.

Tl;dr, players wanting to believe ArenaNet has reduced original punishment but it’s as intended

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

in PvP

Posted by: Azukas.1426

Azukas.1426

Did anyone expect these players not to buy new accounts and then promptly win the next AT to shove it in the faces of the people who dragged their names through the mud?

C’mon you knew they were going for revenge this month just to show the community how much better they are than Jeffies & Olrun. Wait until they win the UGO NA tournament to further shove it in everyone’s faces

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

They’re not making a mockery of ArenaNet as permanently dishonouring all their existing accounts is officially clarified on reddit to be the intended punishment. Future accounts were not mentioned and the word permanent still accurately describes how long the dishonor on their accounts will last.

Tl;dr, players wanting to believe ArenaNet has reduced original punishment but it’s as intended

You miss the point. There’s no punishment. Let’s see; get paid $400 usd to cheat in a tourney. Account gets banned. Buy a new account. You’re still $300 + USD in the black. That’s not punishment.

Mesmerising Girl

in PvP

Azukas.1426

You miss the point. There’s no punishment. Let’s see; get paid $400 usd to cheat in a tourney. Account gets banned. Buy a new account. You’re still $300 + USD in the black. That’s not punishment.

1. They didn’t cheat. They violated the ToS yes, but didn’t cheat.
2. They weren’t banned but had existing accounts get perm dishonor
3. Let it go they were punished already

in PvP

Manimarco Devil.1790

I’d just not bother, most of the people defending them and anet are their friends. These people dont care, they just want to play with them again.

1. I don’t see how that’s relevant? Cheating is just another way of breaking ToS. ToS being broken is the issue, not how they did it. If I accept real life money for selling gold, I would be perma banned. They accepted real life money for AT rewards, please show me the difference.

2. They applied dishonor to players not accounts, why else would they have dishonored alts that had nothing to do with the issue in the first place. The devs simply lack spine because of the relationships they have with these players.

3. Getting $300+ and still being allowed to play isn’t a punishment.

Battlelord Taeres

(edited by Manimarco Devil.1790)

in PvP

Chaith.8256

I’m just stating the punishment is working as intended, clearly you have a horse in the race tho’

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh

in PvP

Ithilwen.1529

No, actually I don’t. I’m making a point. ESL is dead, Requiscat In Pace. There is no further need for those players to receive special consideration.

Those players were more-or-less rewarded. The came out well ahead financially and are still playing. I don’t think that’s a good idea.

Mesmerising Girl

in PvP

Azukas.1426

I’d just not bother, most of the people defending them and anet are their friends. These people dont care, they just want to play with them again.

1. I don’t see how that’s relevant? Cheating is just another way of breaking ToS. ToS being broken is the issue, not how they did it. If I accept real life money for selling gold, I would be perma banned. They accepted real life money for AT rewards, please show me the difference.

2. They applied dishonor to players not accounts, why else would they have dishonored alts that had nothing to do with the issue in the first place. The devs simply lack spine because of the relationships they have with these players.

3. Getting $300+ and still being allowed to play isn’t a punishment.

Cheat: act dishonestly or unfairly in order to gain an advantage, especially in a game or examination

They gained no advantage thus they did not cheat. This evidenced by the simple fact they are just flat out better than the competition. The phrase you need to use is “broke the rules” which we can all agree they did.

Please don’t bring up gold selling and punishment b/c you’d prolly lose 40% of your player base if they actually punished people for that.

in PvP

Posted by: Sly.9518

Sly.9518

To disobey game rules is generally considered cheating. It is certainly unfair to represent yourself as a much lower rated player, to get easy matches and deceive the matchmaker.

Yes, it was cheating by your own definition.

ATs don’t use the matchmaker based on rating…….

in PvP

Manimarco Devil.1790

Cheat: act dishonestly or unfairly in order to gain an advantage, especially in a game or examination

They gained no advantage thus they did not cheat. This evidenced by the simple fact they are just flat out better than the competition. The phrase you need to use is “broke the rules” which we can all agree they did.

Please don’t bring up gold selling and punishment b/c you’d prolly lose 40% of your player base if they actually punished people for that.

Again, idk why you are so fixated on cheating. The point is they broke ToS. Buying gold isnt cheating yet you would still get a permaban. Is this some sort of attempt to downplay what they did?

Pulling numbers out of your ass isnt an argument.

Battlelord Taeres

in PvP

Faux Play.6104

They ended up losing the ability to play PvP on their main accounts. Who knows what happened to the alleged $400. For all you know they gave it back. I’m not friends with any of them, don’t even follow on twitch. Everyone complaining about this is just being petty.

in PvP

Faux Play.6104

Again, idk why you are so fixated on cheating. The point is they broke ToS. Buying gold isnt cheating yet you would still get a permaban. Is this some sort of attempt to downplay what they did?

Pulling numbers out of your ass isnt an argument.

How many people have been perma banned for buying gold? How many have been banned for having someone run raids for them?

in PvP

Faux Play.6104

To disobey game rules is generally considered cheating. It is certainly unfair to represent yourself as a much lower rated player, to get easy matches and deceive the matchmaker.

So are you now making the argument that MMR based matchmaking works, and skilled players will be able to rise regardless of how much the system is out to get an account?

in PvP

Posted by: Jourdelune.7456

Jourdelune.7456

I am shocked.

Top 10 players got a bug, they report on forum and get attentions from 2 Anet team member the same day it is post.

Please, ANET answer your spvp player populations here:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp

They have all valid issues and concern about match-making, about the rank Q system and their flaws and so on.

Thank you,
Regards,

Dal Aï Lhama (Tempest), Dal Lahu Akbar (DH), Lord Dhal of Dharma (Scrapper) 12k+ spvp games.
Former Team Captain of ggwp (ESL weekly), GLHF (AG), MIST[CORE] spvp alliance guild.
https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/

in PvP

Chaith.8256

Lol this kind of backfired, the ATs use seeding so using a less established account places you in worse seeding, giving you better chance of tough enemies early on.. but nobody is saying they had a harder time, the mental gymnastics only come out when it can be established that they cheated

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh

in PvP

Posted by: Keyba.9570

Keyba.9570

The original punishment was in part because the ABJ were payed to play on accounts not their own. This time, they played on their personal accounts and won the tournament. That is fair play in my book.

Revenant is life

in PvP

Faux Play.6104

I am shocked.

Top 10 players got a bug, they report on forum and get attentions from 2 Anet team member the same day it is post.

Please, ANET answer your spvp player populations here:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp

They have all valid issues and concern about match-making, about the rank Q system and their flaws and so on.

Thank you,
Regards,

The dev team has been consistent about addressing bug posts. Also, this was a hot button topic from last month.

(edited by Faux Play.6104)

in PvP

Posted by: Sly.9518

Sly.9518

So are you now making the argument that MMR based matchmaking works, and skilled players will be able to rise regardless of how much the system is out to get an account?

What? I have never stated that the MM has ever been out to get players, I have always stated that if a player is good enough they will climb through the divisions, I think you are confusing me with someone else.

Also I was clearly talking about the the ATs which this whole fiasco started from doesn’t use a rating base MM, which I pointed out to the person I quoted stating that has zero bearing on this topic, just like your post…..

And to the people bringing up Permananned goldbuyers, remember those take profits away from Anet since Anet is in the business of Selling Gold through Gems, this fiasco gave Anet profits just saying.

And lulz about the farming Unranked, let’s not be able to play a team oriented gamemode with our friends whatsoever lulz, especially in a gamemode that has no bearing on anything and is there for friends to play Pvp together in a casual setting.

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

You’re splitting some seriously thin hairs.

ArenaNet indicated that they where applying the punishment to their accounts and all alt accounts, they did not specify that it only applied to current alt ccounts, and moreover it’s trivially easy to extend “alt accounts” to future alt accounts, particularly since extending it to all future alt accounts obeys the spirit of the ban. Trying to argue that “alt accounts” only includes “current alt accounts” is a sketchy argument even by lawyer standards.

Also judging by the language used when they first took action, I’m pretty sure the punishment was intended to be permeant, and the recent change of face is some internal politicking that happened between then and now.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

in PvP

Faux Play.6104

What? I have never stated that the MM has ever been out to get players, I have always stated that if a player is good enough they will climb through the divisions, I think you are confusing me with someone else.

Also I was clearly talking about the the ATs which this whole fiasco started from doesn’t use a rating base MM, which I pointed out to the person I quoted stating that has zero bearing on this topic, just like your post…..

And to the people bringing up Permananned goldbuyers, remember those take profits away from Anet since Anet is in the business of Selling Gold through Gems, this fiasco gave Anet profits just saying.

And lulz about the farming Unranked, let’s not be able to play a team oriented gamemode with our friends whatsoever lulz, especially in a gamemode that has no bearing on anything and is there for friends to play Pvp together in a casual setting.

It was aimed at the person you were replying to. They consistently complain about the matchmaker fixing matches. A low ranked team in an AT will get matched vs. Higher seeds.

in PvP

Manimarco Devil.1790

How many people have been perma banned for buying gold? How many have been banned for having someone run raids for them?

How should I know how many people are banned? If proof exists (hint: in this case there is), they should be punished. Your logic seems to be if other players got away with it, these guys should get a pass too.

Are you intentionally being dense? Selling raids is purely an in game gold interaction. Gold selling and what these players did was sell a service for real life money. I’d rate this worse personally because doing this type of nonsense in a pvp setting should be unacceptable.

Battlelord Taeres

in PvP

Chaith.8256

You’re splitting some seriously thin hairs.

ArenaNet indicated that they where applying the punishment to their accounts and all alt accounts, they did not specify that it only applied to current alt ccounts, and moreover it’s trivially easy to extend “alt accounts” to future alt accounts, particularly since extending it to all future alt accounts obeys the spirit of the ban. Trying to argue that “alt accounts” only includes “current alt accounts” is a sketchy argument even by lawyer standards.

Also judging by the language used when they first took action, I’m pretty sure the punishment was intended to be permeant, and the recent change of face is some internal politicking that happened between then and now.

READ, it was confirmed by a Dev on reddit to be exactly as I describe I’m just relaying that information not splitting hairs

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh

in PvP

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

this thread is shocking, cringe worthy, and repulsive.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in PvP

Posted by: Naix.8156

Naix.8156

The guy was supposed to be perma dishonored from pvp has the kitten to get on here and ask where his statue is at and a dev responds immediately on a weekend no less to look into it XD

#AnetDevPriorities

in PvP

Ithilwen.1529

The guy was supposed to be perma dishonored from pvp has the kitten to get on here and ask where his statue is at and a dev responds immediately on a weekend no less to look into it XD

#AnetDevPriorities

Hits the nail on the head.

Mesmerising Girl

in PvP

Posted by: Cal Cohen

Previous

Cal Cohen

QA Embed

Next

#AnetDevPriorities

The monthly is run on the weekend to allow as many qualified players as possible an opportunity to play. Even though it’s the weekend, we keep an eye on the tournament in case something goes wrong. A bug was reported that tournament rewards were not distributed correctly, so we’re going to follow up on that report. Nothing more to it.

cmc in game

in PvP

Faux Play.6104

How should I know how many people are banned? If proof exists (hint: in this case there is), they should be punished. Your logic seems to be if other players got away with it, these guys should get a pass too.

Are you intentionally being dense? Selling raids is purely an in game gold interaction. Gold selling and what these players did was sell a service for real life money. I’d rate this worse personally because doing this type of nonsense in a pvp setting should be unacceptable.

By your logic, should people get banned for making money from their twitch account? Account sharing is account sharing.

in PvP

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

#AnetDevPriorities

The monthly is run on the weekend to allow as many qualified players as possible an opportunity to play. Even though it’s the weekend, we keep an eye on the tournament in case something goes wrong. A bug was reported that tournament rewards were not distributed correctly, so we’re going to follow up on that report. Nothing more to it.

Thanks for clarifying but within context you should understand how bad this made Anet look.

You have players who ruined the first monthly circumventing your punishment by making new accounts post about how they didn’t get rewarded a statue and a dev responds as if nothing happened. Thanks for explaining but it just looks really bad from a pr perspective. Hopefully you guys can understand why.

in PvP

Manimarco Devil.1790

By your logic, should people get banned for making money from their twitch account? Account sharing is account sharing.

Making money from twitch =/= making money from selling in-game items for money. I have no clue how you reach this idea.

Battlelord Taeres