Missing critical game functions.

in PvP

Posted by: Tommyvern.1943

Tommyvern.1943

You guys are quickly losing my patience with this game. How can you release GW2 without a ladder system or multiple map styles? I don’t understand how you can expect to be competitive in the MMO market or cultivate this game into an e-sport without having critical functions already in place in other MMOs.

Basically, this is my ultimatum. If I don’t see a ladder system, updating tool tips, more specific tool tip explanations and numerical values before MoP drops on Tuesday, I’m outta here.

Best of luck in the future ArenaNet, I had great hopes for this game and you have yet to live up to them.

in PvP

Posted by: Fosco.1948

Fosco.1948

Just made a nearly verbatim post. Couldn’t agree more. Losing faith quickly.

in PvP

Posted by: Javious.4912

Javious.4912

quite true, but i believe this will come sooner or later.

in PvP

Tommyvern.1943

Sooner or later or not at all, all of this stuff should’ve been out with launch. Every competing MMO has these things already so how can ANet expect us to wait 1 month, 2 months for these things?

They havent even given a time frame yet or announced what changes are even coming.

in PvP

Tommyvern.1943

Thanks for the constructive criticism in this matter, Vayra.

in PvP

Posted by: Codex.8513

Codex.8513

I believe they didn’t want to release the game yet but they were pressed by investors etc.
PvP is half not finished if you ask me, the lack of mods, maps, group join … Even camera is annoying at times due to the lack of customization options.

I think you should go play PvE as they finish implementing PvP.

Edit: I am a 3 year CS student and I know how people demand software without EVER giving you sufficient time even for proper testing.

in PvP

Tommyvern.1943

PvE is apparently worse off than PvP. I know hardcore players who reached 80 in the first week and have now already left.

in PvP

Posted by: Fosco.1948

Fosco.1948

PvE is apparently worse off than PvP. I know hardcore players who reached 80 in the first week and have now already left.

This ^^

But also, even if they were rushed and its not half finished – that’s not a useful response. Its just an excuse.

GW2 will not hold on to the hardcore pvp types for very much longer. Reasonable or not, they are impatient and frustrated.

in PvP

Posted by: mouse.1689

mouse.1689

As unhappy as you may be, all of this arm waving and threats of going to play MoP don’t mean a thing. It’s not like you’re cancelling your subscription. If you’re really that unhappy, go play MoP for a couple months and come back once they’ve implemented the features you want. It’s not like it will cost you anything to do it.

in PvP

Posted by: uMad.5719

uMad.5719

Its barely been a month. They’ve been fixing problems and keeping us informed this whole time which is waaaay better than what most game companies do. Yet this isnt really enough it seems. They already said itll take a week or two for the new features to be implemented since they are currently being tested. Not only that they are soon realeasing a blog to update us on the changes being made and provide more feedback.