Monthly PvP Achievements

Monthly PvP Achievements

in PvP

Posted by: Lilo.8230

Lilo.8230

Trying to get into a tournament is hard enough, trying to win is even harder, to have that as the monthly achievements sucks big time. Or I’m just not into pvp enough to qualify. I’m not a pvper, I am an achievement point collector, I want the points, it’s just a bonus to have pvp count. Tourneys are really difficult to get a game going, I think it shouldn’t be part of the monthly goals, have some other aspect for the monthlies, it’s not bringing enough people into doing them which I’m assuming was the goal.

I’m interested in other people’s opinions.

EDIT: After giving it a real shot, I got a decent group together… with an actually strategy for each map, and we won 2 rounds, it was great fun and I think that I’ll actually become more of a pvp’er because of this. I thank Anet for the Achievements, since I wouldn’t have bothered in pvp otherwise, at least not until all my pve achievements had been finished off.

The tourney’s aren’t as difficult as it first seemed, it just depends on who you end up with. It’s also a great way to get dailies, trying for the monthly tourney. Also, before this post I didn’t realize you could just join in by yourself in a tourney, I thought you HAD to have a party of 5 to enter to begin with, that’s what was seeming so hard to do.

Cub, Pye, Bay, Fir, Ona, Myci, Baiy, Eixx

(edited by Lilo.8230)

Monthly PvP Achievements

in PvP

Posted by: Fuzion.7613

Fuzion.7613

Incase you didn’t notice it says Monthly PvP, It should stay.

Fuzion
Necro – Team U S A [USA]

Monthly PvP Achievements

in PvP

Posted by: Vayra.3290

Vayra.3290

Doing free tournaments isn’t that hard, really. I’ve seen plenty of pug groups get past the first round, and a few times even into the finals.

Remember that you don’t have to win the entire tournament, just 3 matches in a tournament. So if you win 1 match in 3 different tournaments or 3 in 1 doesn’t matter.

The Unnamed[ThUn] – Desolation
Vayra – Elementalist
Forkrul Assail – Mesmer

Monthly PvP Achievements

in PvP

Posted by: Lukin.4061

Lukin.4061

You can do monthly achievement in about an hour – it is not difficult at all, and in my opinion too easy.

Also about being a “point collector” – these pvp achievement are obtained by being a pvp player, its not as easy as farming mobs or running around a map chopping trees like you do for pve. Pve achievements in my opinion are only a matter of time, pvp monthly is more of a matter of skill.

Monthly PvP Achievements

in PvP

Posted by: Sprinkles.6748

Sprinkles.6748

I was able to get my monthly achievement in the past 2 days from 0%. Probably played a total of 6-8 hours and I am used to pretty much losing tournament matches all the time. If i were much more successful, the achievement could have been done in no more than a couple hours flat. Ended up winning a tournament in the end, solo queuing! \o/

The PvE monthly takes much more time, and tbh is much more rewarding. I would hope they could buff the PvP monthly to be more like this. Just my 2c.

http://www.pwnzerfaust.com/ – Dragonbrand

Monthly PvP Achievements

in PvP

Posted by: MaXi.3642

MaXi.3642

being a PVE player and crying about PVP monthly achievment being too hard… doesnt need more comments…

Monthly PvP Achievements

in PvP

Posted by: Lilo.8230

Lilo.8230

haha, you said I was crying, that’s funny

you don’t have to be a jerk, it was an opinion and I said I’d like to see other’s opinions, not idiotic statements

Cub, Pye, Bay, Fir, Ona, Myci, Baiy, Eixx

Monthly PvP Achievements

in PvP

Posted by: DennisChrDk.9823

DennisChrDk.9823

I kind of have to agree with the rest of the people in there. Think about it, how much time you you spend on getting monthly PvE achivements? that takes a long time. You have to get all these kills in WvW, you have to do 7 fractels, and in the last monthly you had to kill 200 krakka (can’t remember the 4th one). That took a lot of time, but you have like 1 month to do it all, just like the PvP monthly.
I would actually say that the achivements are to easy to get, 3 wins are actually not that much. If you just play through a few tournaments (even though it’s just random people) you still have a high chance of getting at least 1 win now and then. And in the mean time you get the chance to kill some people, different professions type so you can work on the other monthly achivements at the same time. Yeah sometimes it can be hard to win the free tournaments with random people, but often the other teams you met are just random people as well

Monthly PvP Achievements

in PvP

Posted by: MindlessRuff.1948

MindlessRuff.1948

As a PvP player, I finished the monthly in a day, you don’t really need a full team to win a round of tpvp, me and 1 other friend get the last round quite often when we queue together, and we come across way more PuG vs PuG game than full teams stomping. Sure it can seem intimidating if you know nothing about the tpvp meta, but try it a few times before writing it off.

Monthly PvP Achievements

in PvP

Posted by: nldixon.8514

nldixon.8514

I’ve actually won a couple tournaments in PUGs, so it’s not impossible. You just have to get a little lucky. Winning three games isn’t a crazy accomplishment though and can often be done in a single night.