Monthly achievements too easy

in PvP

Posted by: UnholyVicar.2056

UnholyVicar.2056

Played like a few hours of tournaments and I completed the monthly achievement already. While I appreciate this game has to be tailored to casual aswell as semi hardcore, it doesn’t really feel like an achievement if I can play a few tournaments and get every single monthly achievement.

For those who don’t know the exact achievements:

Monthly Kill Variety : 8 Unique Professions Killed
Monthly Rank Points: 1000 Rank Points Earned
Monthly Tournament Wins: 3 Tournament Matches Won
Monthly Wins 10 Matches Won

While the the first is OK, encourages you to actually fight other classes, the other three seem kinda lazy. 1000 rank points is 4-5 hotjoins, 3 tournament matches is 40-50 minutes assuming you win the tournament overall , and 10 matches is a maximum of 3 hours (basing this on tournament play not hotjoins). Even the most casual of casuals can get these so called ‘monthly achievements’ very easily.

in PvP

Posted by: PetricaKerempuh.7958

PetricaKerempuh.7958

what exactly is bad about that? it is not here for the most pro of pros to grind, it is here for most casual of casuals to get into pvp.

in PvP

Posted by: Project Shrine Maiden.9623

Project Shrine Maiden.9623

it’s also an easy bonus that is a free booster kit once a month. i don’t want to have to grind for these things, i want these things so i can grind.

Team Shanghai Alice

in PvP

Posted by: Shukran.4851

Shukran.4851

i agree op: monthly = 30 days?
well in 30 days assuming you play 1h /day, rates could be:
8 unique prof x 10each
25k rank points
50-100 tournament matches
50-100 matches.

btw who cares, rewards are so silliy it doesnt worth the math

in PvP

Posted by: milo.6942

milo.6942

The monthly really is super easy, but I think it is ok to help encourage less skilled players to keep playing.

in PvP

Posted by: Asomal.6453

Asomal.6453

I think it’s in the right place. Imagine if a casual had to win 100 tournament matches to complete it? He wouldn’t even bother trying.

in PvP

Shukran.4851

I think it’s in the right place. Imagine if a casual had to win 100 tournament matches to complete it? He wouldn’t even bother trying.

3 tourney matches a day is too much?

in PvP

Posted by: admiralnlson.2380

admiralnlson.2380

Lol of course it is.
10 matches a month is actually quite hard to achieve for most people (given how boring sPvP currently is).
Personally, I don’t think I will bother with monthly PvP achievements.

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.6245

Archaon.6245

Did it in less than 1 hour…monthly? I mean…..are you serious? 1 hour for a monthly achievement? It would be too easy even for a daily….

in PvP

Posted by: Arheundel.6451

Arheundel.6451

Played like a few hours of tournaments and I completed the monthly achievement already. While I appreciate this game has to be tailored to casual aswell as semi hardcore, it doesn’t really feel like an achievement if I can play a few tournaments and get every single monthly achievement.

While the the first is OK, encourages you to actually fight other classes, the other three seem kinda lazy. 1000 rank points is 4-5 hotjoins, 3 tournament matches is 40-50 minutes assuming you win the tournament overall , and 10 matches is a maximum of 3 hours (basing this on tournament play not hotjoins). Even the most casual of casuals can get these so called ‘monthly achievements’ very easily.

People complain..for the sake of complaining..: " this is too hard"…“this is too easy”…“I don’t like red trees, I want blue trees”…" I don’t like quaggan..I want talking giants squirrels"… kitten /p>

in PvP

Posted by: MindlessRuff.1948

MindlessRuff.1948

Did it in less than 1 hour…monthly? I mean…..are you serious? 1 hour for a monthly achievement? It would be too easy even for a daily….

Hey, now we get some free loot every month like the pve players.

in PvP

Posted by: TGSlasher.1458

TGSlasher.1458

I found it easy too (with the exception of killing 1 of each profession, anyone seen a Ranger lately?). Got it done on my Saturday of pvping.
Having to many tourneys is juts a silly idea, some of use don’t get much time to play and I don’t want to have to do 3 tourneys a day (and hope to win with pugs).

Just take the free handout and be happy

Slasher Sladorian – Charr Warrior – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Sladorian – Charr Ranger – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Of Elements – Human Elementalist – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows

in PvP

Posted by: Brutalistik.6473

Brutalistik.6473

Some people just can’t appreciate the small things even when it’s given free to them. They rather complain and try to find a solution why it should change etc etc >_>….

Pineapples

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.6245

Archaon.6245

Some people just can’t appreciate the small things even when it’s given free to them. They rather complain and try to find a solution why it should change etc etc >_>….

Not complaining man…for sure i think this monthly achievement it’s far too easy…but i’m not saying to just make it harder, make it harder…with more rewards, atm it’s really fast and really poor, maybe a longer and more rewarding goal would be better imo

in PvP

Posted by: Proven.2854

Proven.2854

As someone said before, they were made simple to get people into hotjoin pvp more, and the rewards were aimed to get them to keep playing even after the achievement was gained.

The point is to get more people into sPvP. Right now, sPvP already has some of the most accessible titles and achievements in the game. They’re just stacking on more reasons to keep playing.

Call me Smith.

in PvP

Posted by: Rythgar.2896

Rythgar.2896

what exactly is bad about that? it is not here for the most pro of pros to grind, it is here for most casual of casuals to get into pvp.

This, and the reward aren’t really..major in any way! It is okay, considering that it’s just a achievement and you can get it in one evening. But I do agree that it is a bit disappointing. Granted the PvE monthly isn’t really hard to get either..

The achievements are a nice addition, but they won’t change much!

in PvP

Posted by: Mammoth.1975

Mammoth.1975

Glad it’s easy. More people with tickets is a good thing.

If you’re not playing to win, don’t complain when you lose.

in PvP

Posted by: MaXi.3642

MaXi.3642

now its more like Matchly achievment and Daily achievment then Daily and Monthly

in PvP

Posted by: tOss.9024

tOss.9024

As a father, full time college student and employee, I sometimes don’t even get to play for days at a time. I’m not saying it’s bad you can, nor advocating for easier achievements. However, different people have different schedules and priorities and you should understand this.

in PvP

Shukran.4851

As a father, full time college student and employee, I sometimes don’t even get to play for days at a time. I’m not saying it’s bad you can, nor advocating for easier achievements. However, different people have different schedules and priorities and you should understand this.

3 tourney matches, guys: “look i have 1h free, i play gw2; mists, soloQ, glhf; zzfirst match i lost (5mins), restart!! lool lost again (10mins), c’mon mayne next time, restart ; yeah i ve won first map!! etc”. 3 times this unluck for 30 days is enough to complete a part of the monthly. 8 different classes =just play , even if you lose you can do it in 30 days. trying again and again you will do the glory farm too etc etc.
it is difficult for some casual who actually enjoy a little the pvp of the game? i think no…it is like i would cry for pve monthly too difficult, and look, i dont do pve since 6-7 weeks.

but also as i stated, who cares, because rewards for monthly are silly

in PvP

Posted by: nurt.5401

nurt.5401

I have to agree with the OP. It doesn’t need to be a super grind, but between doing a couple SPvP matches to check out the new map and see how 5v5 servers were going, and then a night of paid tourneys with the team, I accidentally completed the monthly achievement in one night of casually playing the game. Doesn’t give me much to achieve for the rest of the month.

Imo keep the tourney wins low so anyone could do it, but if it’s supposed to be a once a month thing the kills/glory/match wins should all be quite a bit higher.

(edited by nurt.5401)

in PvP

Posted by: Yiyojin.3241

Yiyojin.3241

I finished monthly achiviements in less then 2 days -.-

in PvP

Posted by: patasde.6087

patasde.6087

try to win 3 tournamets with pug (rank around 10) vs. 40+ rank sPVP teams if u dont have sPVP team……

(edited by patasde.6087)

in PvP

Posted by: Arrys.7145

Arrys.7145

Hey lets complain not enough people are queing and complain about a pavlovian repsonse system that lets people feel like they are accomplishing something…..

See the disconnect.

You see the system as one to reward effort. The system is clearly designed to promote the perception of attainable accomplishment keeping people queing.

Arrys Shaikin
OoS
A whittling ranger becomes viable by forcing his opponent to whittle