More Casual PvP

More Casual PvP

in PvP

Posted by: moiraine.2753

moiraine.2753

Why there isn’t more casual PvP?Hot join can’t be played with friends and i don’t won’t go play Tournaments.Actually i will never play tournaments and that is the only place where i can be grouped friends.
Look now i’m a casual pvper and just want to have some fun with my friends.I want just to log to go smash some heads and that’s it.I’m not interested in ranking and never will be.My foot won’t ever step in the Arena.

Every MMO till GW2 had Competitive PvP and more casual one.And both modes gave you the option to play with friends.Why GW2 is so different from the other MMOs?It is punishing me because i’m more casual player and just want to have some fun.Let professionals play with professionals but please give me an option to be able to make a party with my friends while playing Hot Join.

Looks like i will for ever play alone because i will never step in the Competitive stage
Casuals are punished for being casuals…It’s so sad and not funny anymore

TxS – Tequatl Slayer Alliance (EU)

(edited by moiraine.2753)

More Casual PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Nix.3152

Nix.3152

this game is already casual friendly. you can be really bad player and still be effective on some builds. what else do you want?

“You need actively react to the passives” (GW2 PvP 2013)

More Casual PvP

in PvP

Posted by: jmatb.6307

jmatb.6307

Ya just run a spirit ranger or stun lock warrior and casually beat whoever you want and win matches

More Casual PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Avead.5760

Avead.5760

He is right though.This game doesnt let you pvp with your friends without messing up your rating.One might argue that the competitive scene itself is extremely casual atm,features miss,leaderboards are beyond broken etc.
But his point still stands.This game needs unranked queue!

More Casual PvP

in PvP

Posted by: daydream.2938

daydream.2938

What he means is casual with teammates, some custom arenas , or if u get ur own custom arena will allow you to play with friends..

but yes, inability to play with friends is an issue.

More Casual PvP

in PvP

Posted by: MyPuppy.8970

MyPuppy.8970

He is right though.This game doesnt let you pvp with your friends without messing up your rating.One might argue that the competitive scene itself is extremely casual atm,features miss,leaderboards are beyond broken etc.

I agree.

Lily Bertine [NG]/[GiRL]
Nerfentalist of Augury Rock

More Casual PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Relentliss.2170

Relentliss.2170

You don’t have to join random. You could spam blue or red only till you all get on the same team.

We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills, we make all of it optional

Anet lied (where’s the Manifesto now?)

More Casual PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Gandarel.5091

Gandarel.5091

This game wants to appel for casuals and harcore PvP players alike, and seems to end up with neither.

Captain Deutschland, Ozzy The Insane, Hanz Limbchewer – r40+ mes/nec/engi Desolation
Fear The Crazy [Huns]

More Casual PvP

in PvP

daydream.2938

One of the issues with not being able to play team games prior to tournies, is it makes your initial tourney experience awful , while u get absolutely destroyed by experienced players. this barrier to entry really prevents a lot more players from getting into competitive play.

I don’t even know what to do about it :./

More Casual PvP

in PvP

moiraine.2753

Yes you understood me perfectly.

More Casual PvP

in PvP

moiraine.2753

You don’t have to join random. You could spam blue or red only till you all get on the same team.

Yea right and if i’m unlucky and our team is to strong then the other team will start dropping like rotten apples and i have to cross fingers and to wish i’m lucky enough for the auto balancing to not move to the enemy team and break my group with my friend.

It would be nice of Anet if make some kind of grouping and staying in the same group( for friends specifically) which is not involving the Competitive scene.
The arenas that you buy and then have to rent them are not the answer.I don’t play so much so they to be of any use to me.
I want to log on to smash some heads with friends and then to go off.I play only for fun,when i can find some spare time for PvP.

Playing alone 100% of the time as casual players is getting boring.

More Casual PvP

in PvP

Posted by: EverythingEnds.4261

EverythingEnds.4261

You can group up with your friend and go into into tPvP.
If (and thats a big “If”) the Matchmaking works, your opponent team should be at your skill-level, so everything is fine.

In my oppinion, you can’t expect that there is a PvP-Mode where you are able to play in some kind of team, versus a random group of enemy. This would actually be more “casual-fiendly”, as a lot of Casuals then would complain why they have to fight versus preset teams when they just want to play some PvP.

More Casual PvP

in PvP

moiraine.2753

You can group up with your friend and go into into tPvP.
If (and thats a big “If”) the Matchmaking works, your opponent team should be at your skill-level, so everything is fine.

In my oppinion, you can’t expect that there is a PvP-Mode where you are able to play in some kind of team, versus a random group of enemy. This would actually be more “casual-fiendly”, as a lot of Casuals then would complain why they have to fight versus preset teams when they just want to play some PvP.

I will give an example with other MMOs.There are Random battle grounds and Pre-made battle grounds.
For the Pre-made you need a full team of 10/15/40 people and you are metched against other pre-mades.Here has rating and matchmaking.
Random battlegrounds you can play with 2 friends in your group max and that’s it.In this mode you don’t play for ranking.Only for fun and smashing heads…You play with agains other randoms and your group of friends is 3 or 4 in a battleground for 10 or 15 people.In that battleground you can meat other such groups like yours.

The random battle ground is casual.
The pre-made is more competitive.

More Casual PvP

in PvP

Posted by: EverythingEnds.4261

EverythingEnds.4261

But sPvP maps are made for max. 10 vs. 10 ppl, however I think the maps arent good if it is more than 5 vs 5.
This means, If there are already 3 ppl “premade” it is a much bigger percentage then in battles with 10/15/40 ppl per side.
In my oppinion, it is enough, that you are able to join the same team in Hotjoin, just by “well timed” joining.
If your team may get ripped appart due to auto balance, you should not complain about balance as there is already far too few of it in PvP.

More Casual PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Edo Tensei.8254

Edo Tensei.8254

Why there isn’t more casual PvP?Hot join can’t be played with friends and i don’t won’t go play Tournaments.Actually i will never play tournaments and that is the only place where i can be grouped friends.
Look now i’m a casual pvper and just want to have some fun with my friends.I want just to log to go smash some heads and that’s it.I’m not interested in ranking and never will be.My foot won’t ever step in the Arena.

Every MMO till GW2 had Competitive PvP and more casual one.And both modes gave you the option to play with friends.Why GW2 is so different from the other MMOs?It is punishing me because i’m more casual player and just want to have some fun.Let professionals play with professionals but please give me an option to be able to make a party with my friends while playing Hot Join.

Looks like i will for ever play alone because i will never step in the Competitive stage

i dont understand your problem , you can sign up team arena with your friends. Arenanet even removed the requirement of a full 5er group. so now you can again sign up with 2er or 3er or 4er group in team arena. even if its bad to allow premade vs randoms.

More Casual PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Relentliss.2170

Relentliss.2170

No system is perfect. This is the first pvp where it wasn’t premade vs pug all day every day. You might be surprised Morr there are lots of other people joining with friends. You might get some half decent games.

Worst system was Rift where it seemed to match entire pug teams vs premades seemingly 100% of the time.

They could probably steal a few things from LoL as I have always liked their joining system for groups and ability.

We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills, we make all of it optional

Anet lied (where’s the Manifesto now?)

More Casual PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Lighter.5631

Lighter.5631

Ya just run a spirit ranger or stun lock warrior and casually beat whoever you want and win matches

stun lock warrior? which stun lock warrior? theres tons of build with stun lock

oh and i run stability you dead.

way to good kids say stun lock warrior just for the sake of it.

“i think it’s an underserved nerf. now we have to slot a stun breaker??”
“berserker stance clears all CC on you and you’re still immune to CC for 8 seconds”
-Excalibur.9748

More Casual PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Kultas Sunstrider.9218

Kultas Sunstrider.9218

the entire game is made for casuals, what else do you want? my god

Kultas / Thief / Desolation [EU]
“Don’t criticize what you can’t understand”

More Casual PvP

in PvP

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

It’s very easy to hotjoin with friends, probably too easy. Most times I join a hotjoin to practice a new build, I see two or three guildmates playing together on the same team. Even if you’re put on different teams at the start, you should be able to switch within 30 seconds or so. And of course at the start of each game it’s very easy to choose the same team.

Also, try solo and team arenas. Just because they’re “ranked” doesn’t automatically mean they’re not casual-friendly. You might have a few really uneven matches at the start until you get a matchmaking rating, but after that, you may find that you actually like it.

More Casual PvP

in PvP

moiraine.2753

Edo Tensei and NevirSayDie,

I don’t want to play Team Arena or Solo Arena because i’m not a competitive player and never will be.I don’t play for rankings or for place on the leader boards.I just want to have some fun with 1 or 2 of my friends while playing casually Hot Join.
I don’t want Auto balancing to break my group because one of the teams is weaker and is leaving the Arena non-stop.

Also Custom arenas are not for me because for a week i play maximum 8 hours.I don’t want to buy something and to rent it afterwards so i don’t play it at all.

More Casual PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

1. peter and jane are friends.
2. peter and jane join a hot join public server 001.
3. peter joined red team, jane joined blue team
4. round ends.
5. next round starts.
6. peter joins red team first.
7. jane waits for teams to be balanced and joins red team.

it is not perfect, but it works.

More Casual PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Yasha.5963

Yasha.5963

Well you can play with your friends in hotjoin, just join a server and press the arrow on the score page to join the team you want.

However, perhaps you mean “why can’t I take a group of friends and rofl stomp casual noobs for fun like I can in other mmos?”. Again, you can do that to a degree if you want to by just manually joining either red or blue, although it is hard to get more than three people on the same team. But I think that is a good feature of the game, not something to be sad about.

More Casual PvP

in PvP

Yasha.5963

1. peter and jane are friends.
2. peter and jane join a hot join public server 001.
3. peter joined red team, jane joined blue team
4. round ends.
5. next round starts.
6. peter joins red team first.
7. jane waits for teams to be balanced and joins red team.

it is not perfect, but it works.

Its actually easier than that. At the start of the new round just open the score board and manually join the team you want, I can play on the same team as 1 or 2 other friends nearly all the time doing that.

More Casual PvP

in PvP

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

I don’t want to play Team Arena or Solo Arena because i’m not a competitive player and never will be.I don’t play for rankings or for place on the leader boards.I just want to have some fun with 1 or 2 of my friends while playing casually Hot Join.
I don’t want Auto balancing to break my group because one of the teams is weaker and is leaving the Arena non-stop.

Also Custom arenas are not for me because for a week i play maximum 8 hours.I don’t want to buy something and to rent it afterwards so i don’t play it at all.

One of the biggest issues developers have to avoid is allowing an organized group of several friends to play against a “weaker team” of unorganized people. If you’re playing together and making the other team ragequit, you’ll be just fine in a team queue. You don’t have to be trying for a “high rating.” You could say a similar thing about PvE: “I’m not really trying for a legendary, so I don’t PvE.” If it’s fun, do it. If not, don’t.

I didn’t mean to rent a custom arena, I meant you can join one already existing. You’ll find things like 5v5 servers, duel servers, etc. Look for something that seems interesting to you and fits your group size.

If you try out custom arenas and team arenas and don’t like them, that’s fine. But don’t judge them if you’ve never tried them, especially when there are so many people telling you that they’re probably exactly what you’re looking for.

More Casual PvP

in PvP

Posted by: SuperHaze.4210

SuperHaze.4210

One of the biggest issues developers have to avoid is allowing an organized group of several friends to play against a “weaker team” of unorganized people. If you’re playing together and making the other team ragequit, you’ll be just fine in a team queue. You don’t have to be trying for a “high rating.” You could say a similar thing about PvE: “I’m not really trying for a legendary, so I don’t PvE.” If it’s fun, do it. If not, don’t.

I didn’t mean to rent a custom arena, I meant you can join one already existing. You’ll find things like 5v5 servers, duel servers, etc. Look for something that seems interesting to you and fits your group size.

If you try out custom arenas and team arenas and don’t like them, that’s fine. But don’t judge them if you’ve never tried them, especially when there are so many people telling you that they’re probably exactly what you’re looking for.

What the OP was trying to get at is that it shouldn’t take jumping through hoops to play hotjoin with friends. Coming from WoW myself, I liked the fact that me and a couple of guildies can queue up for BGs and have fun together. It might be imbalanced from time to time in our favor, but it can also happen vice versa when a guild from another server joins the same BG and gives us a run for our money. It’s a different kind of competitiveness because it becomes server vs server. Nothing beats seeing another guild from a different server and knowing you’re going to have to work your butt off for the win, yet at the same time we don’t worry about rank or forced to play strictly in a 5v5. Sometimes there would be a lone player that we would invite into our group or guild but since the WoW BG maps are large enough with plenty of players from multiple servers, there’s room for both group AND solo play. I can hop in solo and find a group from my server and we’d go at it in BGs for a couple hours. That’s the kind of casual pvp that I believe the OP (as well as myself) is looking for.

More Casual PvP

in PvP

daydream.2938

There are not enough ‘bad’ teams quing in the team ranked Q for new players to have a chance. They are not all good teams by any stretch of the imagination, but if your truly new to spvp, you wont find an equal match up.

More Casual PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

if you do team queue and lose 100 of your first matches and then become godly you could still become rank 1 on the leaderboards. I say, just team queue.

More Casual PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.6245

Archaon.6245

- NO more casual pvp….Thanks

Fixed title for you

More Casual PvP

in PvP

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

Why there isn’t more casual PvP?Hot join can’t be played with friends and i don’t won’t go play Tournaments.

We do have casual PvP.

It is called Hot join. Your friend can join you. They just need to be on the same server as you. After that, get on the same team if you want to play together.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

More Casual PvP

in PvP

moiraine.2753

What the OP was trying to get at is that it shouldn’t take jumping through hoops to play hotjoin with friends. Coming from WoW myself, I liked the fact that me and a couple of guildies can queue up for BGs and have fun together. It might be imbalanced from time to time in our favor, but it can also happen vice versa when a guild from another server joins the same BG and gives us a run for our money. It’s a different kind of competitiveness because it becomes server vs server. Nothing beats seeing another guild from a different server and knowing you’re going to have to work your butt off for the win, yet at the same time we don’t worry about rank or forced to play strictly in a 5v5. Sometimes there would be a lone player that we would invite into our group or guild but since the WoW BG maps are large enough with plenty of players from multiple servers, there’s room for both group AND solo play. I can hop in solo and find a group from my server and we’d go at it in BGs for a couple hours. That’s the kind of casual pvp that I believe the OP (as well as myself) is looking for.

SuperHaze,

You said it perfectly.Those are exactly my thoughts.

More Casual PvP

in PvP

Yasha.5963

This is exactly why the current system in GW2 is far better than WoW etc. You just described you and your mates having fun running a pre-made stomping noobs in casual spvp and occasionally having a challenge when by chance you play against another guilds’ premade.

I absolutely despise that system in WoW, Rift etc, after being stomped by such groups sometimes repeatedly in the course of a night. Indeed, one of the things I like the best about this game is the elegant way that Anet has implemented hotjoin and auto balancing to avoid that kind of thing.

Note also that there are no “hoops to jump through” if you want to play with one or two friends, it is exceedingly simple to join the same server and hop on the same same team.

More Casual PvP

in PvP

moiraine.2753

Yasha,

And now Anet went totally overboard and went too far in the other direction.Now they are punishing me and my friends.For me to play with in a group i have either to play Tournometns or to buy and rent arena.
Well i am not and never was a competitive player in MMOs nor i play enough PvP to be worthy to buy and rent Custom arena.

I don’t mind restrictions to be putted on the Hot Join grouping(for instance to be able to group with 1 or 2 friends no more than that) but atleast we should be able to have that option without the fear of Auto balacing breaking our group.