Most Common Mistakes Made by SoloQers

in PvP

Posted by: Dristig.9678

Dristig.9678

Can I request advice for how to handle a specific scenario on Foefire?

Say I’m on Blue team (it doesn’t really matter which team, though) and I’m near Waterfall, which we own. Red team has just capped Mine after killing one of our players there in a 2v1 situation, and the same number of players from each team are fighting at mid. Now one of the Red team members who was at Mine is close to arriving at Mid, and the second is likely to follow in the next few moments.

My question is, what’s the proper way to rotate in response to this type of situation?

-I can reinforce mid, but we’re likely to be outnumbered for some period of time on the point, and I’ll likely just end up getting wiped with my team. To me, this seems like the worst idea overall unless I have a very good reason to believe I can turn the fight quickly upon arriving.

-Decapping far to interrupt their momentum is only feasible with a high-mobility profession or one with access to Stealth, since I’ll either have to cut through the mid fight or take the significantly longer way around (which is what makes this situation particularly tricky on Foefire). I’ve been playing on a variety of professions recently, so this may or may not be an option, and I’m not sure how good of an option decapping far is under these circumstances.

-Defending Waterfall seems like the best decision if the opposing team still has members who aren’t engaged at mid, since that would help prevent them from securing an additional decap or full cap while we wipe to the rest of their team. At that point, however, I’m basically just trying to do damage control instead of actively trying to regain an advantage for my team. Is there anything else better to do here, or is that outcome likely to be the best thing I can salvage out of the situation?

Maybe this seems like an oddly specific situation, but I feel like I run into it more often than I’d like as a solo player. Any insight anyone has would be much appreciated.

It depends on your class. If you are a support bunker definitely reinforce mid. A support bunker at mid could prolong the fight long enough for your down teammate to get back in the fight. As you said if you have the mobility/stealth you could decap far.

To me the key thing to remember is in the example you gave you only have to kill one person at mid to make that an even fight. Ideally you come to the overlook and start putting ranged pressure on the lowest HP opponent. Then you can jump down on them and get start a cc-chain or a burst chain. since you will be late to the fight they should have already blown cooldowns and you can quickly turn it into an even fight.

in PvP

Posted by: abc.5790

abc.5790

The probability of having a separate Solo Queue is looking bleak. So instead mourning for its absence, I’ve decided to create a list of mistakes commonly made in order to improve and progress further in the season.

The goal here is to help the community survive and extract enjoyment out of the game despite the unfavorable circumstances. Please add what you feel most SoloQers need to improve on.

I do not wish for this thread to be hostile or vitriolic.

1. Defend the points you just capped.

A lot of times people just wander off not knowing where to go once the team has two points capped.

2. It’s very risky to attempt to 3-cap with a team of pugs.

This is how teams get wiped. A brief 3 cap could easily turn up against you.
Going for that far cap works if heavy pressure is at mid and home.

3. Don’t double or multi-cap

A strong indication that the team is likely to fail is when 2 people cap home at the start.
Multi-capping is not the same as node team fights. Only 1 person is needed to cap.

4. Be map aware

In Khylo for example, there is no need for you to keep trebbing when the enemy has 3 capped due to your team being outnumbered and your teammates just wiped. Or, if you see the point you just capped is contested don’t run away especially if it was home or mid

5. Don’t bring garbage builds to ranked

You are doing yourself and the team a disfavor when you run garbage. If you soloQ, the best builds to run are sustain and some support. I personally get discouraged when teammates hp drop to red and then black in a matter of seconds.

Edit: I know this goes without saying but bring the class you are comfortable with. The ESL meta doesn’t necessarily apply in the first 3 divisions.

I, on e contrary, find that support builds are next to useless in bad teams.

You dont have the damage to kill inferior foes, you dont have anyone to support because everybody is running around like headless chicken.

In those situations, id rather have a decent soloer build, and run around capping points like crazy.

That’s the thing posts like these are trying to solve. Most people that queue run around like headless chickens because they have no clue on what to do.

Conquest is not hard to understand yet a lot of people still cant grasp it.

[Star] In My Prono
EU Scrub

in PvP

Posted by: dank.3680

dank.3680

Can I request advice for how to handle a specific scenario on Foefire?

Say I’m on Blue team (it doesn’t really matter which team, though) and I’m near Waterfall, which we own. Red team has just capped Mine after killing one of our players there in a 2v1 situation, and the same number of players from each team are fighting at mid. Now one of the Red team members who was at Mine is close to arriving at Mid, and the second is likely to follow in the next few moments.

My question is, what’s the proper way to rotate in response to this type of situation?

-I can reinforce mid, but we’re likely to be outnumbered for some period of time on the point, and I’ll likely just end up getting wiped with my team. To me, this seems like the worst idea overall unless I have a very good reason to believe I can turn the fight quickly upon arriving.

-Decapping far to interrupt their momentum is only feasible with a high-mobility profession or one with access to Stealth, since I’ll either have to cut through the mid fight or take the significantly longer way around (which is what makes this situation particularly tricky on Foefire). I’ve been playing on a variety of professions recently, so this may or may not be an option, and I’m not sure how good of an option decapping far is under these circumstances.

-Defending Waterfall seems like the best decision if the opposing team still has members who aren’t engaged at mid, since that would help prevent them from securing an additional decap or full cap while we wipe to the rest of their team. At that point, however, I’m basically just trying to do damage control instead of actively trying to regain an advantage for my team. Is there anything else better to do here, or is that outcome likely to be the best thing I can salvage out of the situation?

Maybe this seems like an oddly specific situation, but I feel like I run into it more often than I’d like as a solo player. Any insight anyone has would be much appreciated.

It depends on your class. If you are a support bunker definitely reinforce mid. A support bunker at mid could prolong the fight long enough for your down teammate to get back in the fight. As you said if you have the mobility/stealth you could decap far.

To me the key thing to remember is in the example you gave you only have to kill one person at mid to make that an even fight. Ideally you come to the overlook and start putting ranged pressure on the lowest HP opponent. Then you can jump down on them and get start a cc-chain or a burst chain. since you will be late to the fight they should have already blown cooldowns and you can quickly turn it into an even fight.

I feel like if you don’t have the mobility you should +1 mid and depending on how that fight is panning out a mobility class should go for a quick decap and come back to mid. I’m no spvp pro, but this seems like a situation a soloer cannot do a lot about just by himself. Unless ofc oyu are that mobility and you go get the decap then +1 mid.

#MAGSWAG: All class player. XOXO

in PvP

Posted by: Shadow.1345

Shadow.1345

Don’t zerg Cheiftan and Svanir, it only takes one person to kill them
Controlling mid (or far if you decide as a team to play sides) is more important in the opening split than killing the beast. If you’re a damage role and you can’t 1v1 Svanir and Cheiftan with confidence, it’s your build or you need practice. Go practice on them in the mists before queing and if you can’t beat them after practicing several times then find a better build. A damage build that can’t 1v1 Svan/Cheif is going to be deterimental to your team and your enjoyness of the game.

You’re not Rambo, don’t yolorush far
Trust me, it’s not going to be another thief waiting for you. It’s going to be a bunker chrono or an aura tempest. If you’re lucky it will just be a reaper or meditrapper. You’re probably not going to get the point before the enemy team rotates back to you after winning the 4v3 at mid. Unless you are playing with a group this is usually a bad idea in the opening split for pugs and generally occurs because one person got it in their mind as they were running out of the base to Rambo rush far. Don’t do this. You’re just going to be 5 enemy team points instead of a hero.

in PvP

Posted by: knkasa.2608

knkasa.2608

These lists are very basics that it sounds more like “most common mistakes made by hotjoin heros”. Instead, make another thread to list things you can do to help carry the team as a solo player, for example.

Teamwork is still needed to function in conquest. Being able to carry lies on the individual’s skill. If you need someone to instruct you on how to carry, then you are likely to fail anyway.

It’s also very narrow minded of you to criticize the tips shared by helpful individuals when you have provided nothing useful

Keep an eye on your allies health bar, and when he does go down, try to rez as possible. Allies can go down especially when getting focued. It means he’s taking damages for you instead. Not always necessary to conclude he’s no skills. Watching your allies helps rotating, if they need help or not.

Also, when you have bunker mesmers on your team, and he puts wells, stay inside to get buffs and alacrity. I see often players not staying in wells. Alacrity is given when the well ends.

in PvP

Posted by: hackks.3687

hackks.3687

Teamwork beats solo play every time. Every time.

Winning the fight will always win you the point. Winning the point will not always win you the fight.

Defending a point is not limited to standing on said point

Hackkz/Riggamaroll
I’ve stayed at this party entirely too long

in PvP

abc.5790

Teamwork beats solo play every time. Every time.

Winning the fight will always win you the point. Winning the point will not always win you the fight.

Defending a point is not limited to standing on said point

That’s correct. It’s not really defending when the bunk sits at home breathing through his mouth while his teammates are out struggling in an outnumbered battle.

[Star] In My Prono
EU Scrub

in PvP

abc.5790

These lists are very basics that it sounds more like “most common mistakes made by hotjoin heros”. Instead, make another thread to list things you can do to help carry the team as a solo player, for example.

Teamwork is still needed to function in conquest. Being able to carry lies on the individual’s skill. If you need someone to instruct you on how to carry, then you are likely to fail anyway.

It’s also very narrow minded of you to criticize the tips shared by helpful individuals when you have provided nothing useful

Keep an eye on your allies health bar, and when he does go down, try to rez as possible. Allies can go down especially when getting focued. It means he’s taking damages for you instead. Not always necessary to conclude he’s no skills. Watching your allies helps rotating, if they need help or not.

Also, when you have bunker mesmers on your team, and he puts wells, stay inside to get buffs and alacrity. I see often players not staying in wells. Alacrity is given when the well ends.

TY +1

Remember guys, Alacrity could influence a favorable advantage to your team because it causes skills to recharge 66% faster. For every second under effect of Alacrity, skills recharge at 1.66 seconds. So it’s good to be inside those wells/clocks on the ground.

[Star] In My Prono
EU Scrub

in PvP

Posted by: Archon.6480

Archon.6480

The Mad Cow Attack Strategy

The Mad Cow Attack Strategy involves a key player (the mad cow solo player) rushing far at the start of a match, by himself. Most of the time the solo hero will fail to communicate this strategy until after the match starts—if at all. I think the idea is he may (highly unlikely) be able to win the match at far, or create a 2v1 at far, thus allowing everyone to win the AWESOME outnumbered battles the Mad Cow is creating with this pro move.

Of course, basic math escapes the Mad Cow, and he rarely realizes he is actually creating a situation where the battle is 1-3-1 vs. 0-4-1, having one ally sitting on home defending it against a nobody, while your team is fighting 1 man down on mid. By the time your home defender realizes what the Mad Cow has done, it is too late. Your home defender’s well intended, but fatally tardy, attempt to back up the Mid fight usually ends up with him arriving on point as your first ally is stomped to death—everyone else bleeding profusely.

The best part is, after this happens, the enemy floater will peel back to their home base and engage the Mad Cow 2v1, thus boosting the Mad Cow’s feeling of self worth (he has created the uber powerful outnumbered battle at far). Meanwhile the enemy team easily steam rolls from mid to your home, laying waste to the rest of your team. At some point around this time the Mad Cow looks up from his screen, as he looses the 2v1 on far, and says: “wtf are you noobs doing!? I was 2v1 and you lost EVERYTHING! Go back to PvE!” or something to that effect. :-)

Jade Quarry – Esparie
Illustrious Exhausted Primordial Legendary Druid, and Mesmer for fun
PvE | PvP (1500)| WvW | Fractals | Dungeons

in PvP

Posted by: Arutha.9874

Arutha.9874

Could you add:
Never say “CAP POINTS!” in team chat, we understand and are trying to make our best judgement already! Spend that time thinking for yourself….
(ran into this 3 times today hate it)

in PvP

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Everyone wants to be the solo queue hero

Haha yes! So much this. Usually happens when team is behind in points. I try to tell people to refocus on the basics when I see this happening.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in PvP

Chaba.5410

The Mad Cow Attack Strategy involves a key player (the mad cow solo player) rushing far at the start of a match, by himself. Most of the time the solo hero will fail to communicate this strategy until after the match starts—if at all. I think the idea is he may (highly unlikely) be able to win the match at far, or create a 2v1 at far, thus allowing everyone to win the AWESOME outnumbered battles the Mad Cow is creating with this pro move.

Of course, basic math escapes the Mad Cow, and he rarely realizes he is actually creating a situation where the battle is 1-3-1 vs. 0-4-1, having one ally sitting on home defending it against a nobody, while your team is fighting 1 man down on mid. By the time your home defender realizes what the Mad Cow has done, it is too late. Your home defender’s well intended, but fatally tardy, attempt to back up the Mid fight usually ends up with him arriving on point as your first ally is stomped to death—everyone else bleeding profusely.

The best part is, after this happens, the enemy floater will peel back to their home base and engage the Mad Cow 2v1, thus boosting the Mad Cow’s feeling of self worth (he has created the uber powerful outnumbered battle at far). Meanwhile the enemy team easily steam rolls from mid to your home, laying waste to the rest of your team. At some point around this time the Mad Cow looks up from his screen, as he looses the 2v1 on far, and says: “wtf are you noobs doing!? I was 2v1 and you lost EVERYTHING! Go back to PvE!” or something to that effect. :-)

I had a match yesterday like this. The guy stuck with his strategy of starting from spawn and going directly to far then dying from start of the match to the end. Then he qq’d about why team couldn’t cap and hold home and mid and boasted about being able to 1v3 on far. The winning points scored by the other team were his death (yet again) on far point.

Lesson: Pushing far is situational. Learn to rotate.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs

(edited by Chaba.5410)

in PvP

Posted by: Highlie.7641

Highlie.7641

^^ Ignore everything here and fight me off point" ^^

-the collector of QQ.

P.s: I guess i can help this thread, cynically.

Stomps are worth five points,. this mean you need a kill total of 100 player’s in a span of 15 min’s OR every team member must kill 20 player’s each. This basically means you must stand on point at all costs! So remember, if you happen across an enemy on the road, just ignore him and skillful run . running is always the answer
er sorry Skillfully running… backcapping

in PvP

Chaba.5410

^^ Ignore everything here and fight me off point" ^^

-the collector of QQ.

P.s: I guess i can help this thread, cynically.

Stomps are worth five points,. this mean you need a kill total of 100 player’s in a span of 15 min’s OR every team member must kill 20 player’s each. This basically means you must stand on point at all costs! So remember, if you happen across an enemy on the road, just ignore him and skillful run . running is always the answer
er sorry Skillfully running… backcapping

The keyword here being “kill”.

Chaba Tangnu

in PvP

Posted by: Duke Nukem.6783

Duke Nukem.6783

solo Q or dead pvp, those are ur 2 choices anet NO INBETWEEN

in PvP

Posted by: Pimsley.3681

Pimsley.3681

I’m familiar with teammates suffering from Mad Cow disease. They never learn. One failed attempt after another, they never learn and still push far. Funny thing is, their builds usually suck.

They get themselves confused with bunkers defending against 2 opponents at a node. Unlike Mad Cow syndrome, bunkers are often patient, structured and would not carelessly rush a point that they’ve failed at capturing

in PvP

Posted by: Aeryn.9813

Aeryn.9813

How can you get the people in HOTM to read this thread?

If most soloQs applied even just the very first point made by the OP, I think the quality of our matches will improve drastically.

Fantaram – ele
I Hate Dumb Teams – nec

in PvP

Posted by: Maris.3164

Maris.3164

How can you get the people in HOTM to read this thread?

If most soloQs applied even just the very first point made by the OP, I think the quality of our matches will improve drastically.

This pretty much.
I would still like to add: Have team chat on and read it even if you don’t plan to communicate yourself.

in PvP

Posted by: azyume.6321

azyume.6321

Here’s my contribution since keep seeing that happening time after time:

Support specs, please, stop pushing far solo and go to mid help your teammates. A tempest dueling far from the team isn’t helping, it is actually harming the team. Unless the point is yours and are doing a 2v1, but still, support is better at mid.

Guardian Commander
Thief / Mesmer / Elementalist / Warrior / Necromancer / Ranger / Engineer / Revenant
Crystal Desert – Eredon Terrace – Fort Aspenwood – Stormbluff Isle

in PvP

Posted by: Greek.4396

Greek.4396

Snip

Step 1. Don’t que solo in rank

Server – Blackgate | Rev Main
Main Guild – oPP/RIOT/yumy(Booty Bakery)
IGN- Greek Kenpachi | Champion Ritualist

in PvP

Posted by: Trigr.6481

Trigr.6481

Don’t fight bunker mesmers on their capped point.

You know from experience :P Sorry I had to do it.

in PvP

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

1. Don’t soloQ. This game isn’t for soloQ anymore.

2. Get HoT. Without it, you are handicapping your team.

3. Don’t play warrior or thief. You are handicapping your team.

4. When you do find a team in order to be able to PvP now and climb the ranks, be sure to get a schedule for each week to know what times everyone can play. If one person can’t play do to work or family, find someone else. Don’t SoloQ pvp outside of team play to risk tanking your rank, unless you are going to be the one guy in Amber on the team to give yourselves faster Que times.

in PvP

Pimsley.3681

Snip

I know it’s not the smartest thing to do but…SoloQ is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you’re gonna get.

in PvP

Pimsley.3681

Solo can be tolerable in the first 3 divisions. After that, you just set your self up for getting farmed.

I know the devs are not in favor of SoloQ. That’s why I don’t understand why it’s still being offered

(edited by Pimsley.3681)

in PvP

Posted by: Nath Forge Tempete.1645

Nath Forge Tempete.1645

Another “advice” … playing thief is your right ! But changing character if u have 2 thieves in ranked is a duty. (It works for other classes too like ranger – guardian – warrior- engi – necro)

we won’t talk about revenant – mesmer – ele here .

in PvP

Aeryn.9813

Snip

I didn’t laugh. You always queued solo and have complained on here many times about wanting to bring soloQ back.

Fantaram – ele
I Hate Dumb Teams – nec

in PvP

Pimsley.3681

Another “advice” … playing thief is your right ! But changing character if u have 2 thieves in ranked is a duty. (It works for other classes too like ranger – guardian – warrior- engi – necro)

we won’t talk about revenant – mesmer – ele here .

I like how you think.

When in solo q, it’s hard to demand someone to swap. It has to come from their internal motivation. It’s 30/70, where only about 30% swap out. I always thank them when they do because at least I know that they care enough to want to improve our team’s chance of winning.

in PvP

Posted by: Mysticjedi.6053

Mysticjedi.6053

Don’t queue over and over without taking some time to think about your matches. We all make mistakes, but the more you reflect on your last match the better chance you have not making the same mistake again.

Understand when you soloq your teammates will make mistakes. Help each other. I’ve met some really helpful people, I’ve tried to helpful too. There are others who want to make one liners about how much others suck, ignore them.

Which also means if you’re going to soloq have some tough skin and be willing to take a few hits from angry players.

in PvP

Posted by: cakeonroof.7385

cakeonroof.7385

A lot of people queue rank when they have no business doing so. They just make the game more miserable for others

EU since Aug 2012

in PvP

Posted by: Alhadin.4032

Alhadin.4032

Up
•Message Body length must at least be 15.

in PvP

Posted by: Vapour.7348

Vapour.7348

The weekend warriors should read this thread before queueing for ranked matches.

Mini Unagi – Iuther – Iiq – Trend – lancaster

in PvP

Posted by: Vapour.7348

Vapour.7348

I’m surprised people use this for Pvp.

Ugh the people should really think twice before queueing rank.

The requirement for the LFG pug team is “Heavy Armor”

Attachments:

Mini Unagi – Iuther – Iiq – Trend – lancaster

in PvP

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

In group fights, don’t call tanks.

Unless they health is very low. Even then, it’s not always the best choice. Call the squishier and higher damage targets like necros, guardians, and revs. So many matches I’ve seen lost due to people focusing tanks, who can survive your focus, while getting picked off by the enemy team. I don’t understand why people call tanks so much in group fights.

in PvP

Posted by: Abazigal.3679

Abazigal.3679

you forgot
Do Not fight tanky individuals standing on points capped in their favor
I have seen bunker mesmers who are holding their home point get pushed by a necro or scrapper or something only to waste time and cause us to lose fights outnumbered. Easy mistake to fix.

I’ve played soloQ for a very long time, and it’s probably the biggest issue in solo queue. Builds themselves are detail, losing a fight 3v3 because 3 thieves vs 3 DH is a game fact.

There is someone sitting on the far point, someone from your team goes there to 1v1. This is a very bad strategy on solo queue, except if you’re 100% sure you will kill the player there within 30 seconds, because this implies you rely on your other 4 players to beat the other 4 = you have no impact on the big fight, and further more no impact on the game if you don’t win the 1v1..

An other major issue, that is pretty irritating me, is on legacy of foefire. A common mistake is people trying to be heroes and start solo going for lord at 340. At 340, this is a good strategy if you’re starting to lose( tri-capped ), but unfortunately, many times, the team is winning, end up being 5v4 on other points, get rolled, and end up losing the match. ( Also many times, the player will troll you on ignore mode)

My point in solo queue is to play the least risky way. A classic situation, again on legacy of foefire, is where all your party got rolled on middle. What happens usually is 1 player goes to far, dies there,, 2 go mid, 1 close, and everyone get zerged with a chaos split. A better solution is to simply zerg home point with all 5, then push middle. You might even kill someone 5v1 on close point, and get a 5v4 on middle then..

in PvP

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

Far heroes have cost me so many games.

in PvP

Posted by: samzius.5809

samzius.5809

I tend to have pretty good luck yoloing far as a DH. Either capping home first, then going far, or rushing far before they can cap it. I can usually 1v1 whoever is there. If they faceroll me for whatever reason i don’t keep trying though. If they have more then one person there i skip and head mid. I dont think rushing far is a bad strategy to stall there cap at the very least, but only if you have the right build and know what your doing. A bunker mesmer or Ele could probably also do this as well. But as a DH, if i rush mid with the team im likely to die a lot faster then 1v1ing on far or defending home.

in PvP

dank.3680

Far heroes have cost me so many games.

I had one like this last night.. We had home secured and had mid capped and holding up well in the teamfight. Until our necro decided we needed a decap so he leaves mid, go against a scrapper to try and win+decap? Causes wipe on mid since we got +1’d, they then go and kill him.

He did this like 3 times in a row till we finally convinced we didnt need to decap just hold the two points we were able to continuously win…

When you hold two points, and are winning the team fight, you don’t need to get a decap , and def don’t pull a strong team fighter from the team fight to do it lol…

in PvP

Posted by: XGhoul.7426

XGhoul.7426

Yis

in PvP

Pimsley.3681

Yis

Lots of people talking nonsense in hotm mapchat right now….very ripe and juicy for the trollingz

in PvP

Aeryn.9813

Yis

Lots of people talking nonsense in hotm mapchat right now….very ripe and juicy for the trollingz

<3 mapchat trolls. always good entertainment

Fantaram – ele
I Hate Dumb Teams – nec

in PvP

abc.5790

Most Common Mistakes Made by SoloQers:

1. Why the hell are most of them queuing in the first place? OMG, please practice your builds in hotjoin or unranked. Then you practice how to rotate. Doesnt matter your role. Know how to rotate. Know how to survive.

[Star] In My Prono
EU Scrub

in PvP

dank.3680

Most Common Mistakes Made by SoloQers:

1. Why the hell are most of them queuing in the first place? OMG, please practice your builds in hotjoin or unranked. Then you practice how to rotate. Doesnt matter your role. Know how to rotate. Know how to survive.

Because , wings. You can’t blame players for wanting things.

in PvP

Posted by: Interpret Interrupt.3824

Interpret Interrupt.3824

Not finishing kills.

Attempting to bleed out people when you could stomp and go plus something.

Always thinking home point is mandatory to win a match.

K Pop
The Warrior, The Necro, The F1 Connoisseur
http://www.twitch.tv/interpretinterrupt

in PvP

Posted by: Apolo.5942

Apolo.5942

Edit: I know this goes without saying but bring the class you are comfortable with. The ESL meta doesn’t necessarily apply in the first 3 divisions.

The ESL meta does not apply in solo Q period.

The term Exploit means nothing in GW2 –
Vials Maize Balm Exploit(Halloween) 2014
Locked out of JP (Wintersday) 2015

in PvP

Posted by: Aidenwolf.5964

Aidenwolf.5964

1. Fighting off points
2. Not stomping / Rezzing
3. Not communicating
4. Not listening
5. Never PvP’d before and arguing instead of following
6. Bad builds
7. No Skill and still Q’d ranked instead of learning first

Buy To Play Guild Wars 2 2012-2015 – RIP
Unlucky since launch, RNG isn’t random
PugLife SoloQ

in PvP

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

Not finishing kills.

Problem is you can’t dodge out of a stomp and we’re waiting for people to use their downed interrupts before safely stomping. Stomps also root you and are vulnerable to interrupts and knockbacks.

in PvP

Posted by: Apolo.5942

Apolo.5942

As if all this would matter at all in solo vs pre made.

The term Exploit means nothing in GW2 –
Vials Maize Balm Exploit(Halloween) 2014
Locked out of JP (Wintersday) 2015

in PvP

Posted by: Interpret Interrupt.3824

Interpret Interrupt.3824

Not finishing kills.

Problem is you can’t dodge out of a stomp and we’re waiting for people to use their downed interrupts before safely stomping. Stomps also root you and are vulnerable to interrupts and knockbacks.

You can dodge out of a stomp. And several sources of blocks, evades, and stability help you get the stomp. Most stomps now anyways are mesmers distortion stomping. Reaper shroud 3 stomping. Engineer gyro stomping. Elementalists invulnerable stomping. guardians using virtues to stomp.

K Pop
The Warrior, The Necro, The F1 Connoisseur
http://www.twitch.tv/interpretinterrupt

in PvP

Posted by: Ashamir.9574

Ashamir.9574

• Back off when you are low on health, go back to the point and hug your bunker when you are about to die.

THIS so much!

I usually play bunker and even my guildies seem to forget at times that yes, I’m there and will try to rez them as fast I can once they’re downed.

Bunkers can take enough damage that they will manage to get you back up – they however will not be able to do so if you move away from them in mist form or by blink.

The moment the bunker starts to rez you they become vulnerable to damage as they neither can evade attacks nor use (most of) their skills. Worst case if your bunker starts to pick you up and you move away mid-rez is that you both die. Never do that.

If they can’t rez you for whatever reason (extremly low on hp, severely outnumbered) they just won’t. [Or they don’t rez you because they are egoistical/bad players. Happens in SoloQ.]

in PvP

abc.5790

As if all this would matter at all in solo vs pre made.

As if you’ve provided anything useful or helpful. FYI not all premades are unbeatable. Bog off

[Star] In My Prono
EU Scrub