Most Common Mistakes Made by SoloQers

in PvP

Posted by: Lumpy.8760

Lumpy.8760

sharing tactics is great if you wanna get predictable teams to win against

sharing info just means you’re gonna lose to creative players :/ why would anyone wanna do that?

just make a clickbait thread about the Top-5-Mistakes-that-YOU’RE-Making and you’ll never lose again!

in PvP

Posted by: Velimere.7685

Velimere.7685

Blaming others feels good because it gets the burden of responsibility off our shoulders.

Besides, we are perfect little creatures and it’s never our fault. Right?

However if we want to progress in this game (and in life), we need the help and cooperation of others. Often, blaming them is counter-productive. A better alternative is to teach those who are receptive to advice. Doing so will slowly improve the enjoyment everyone gets out of the game.

Your post reminded me of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjI0ilcMNTM

Someone else posted that before. It’s fricken hilarious.

That was hilarious. I was a little kid when Street Fighter 2 came out in the arcade and remember seeing people waiting in line to play.

Was sarcastic about being perfect. I blush when I think about the hopeless noob crap I did in the past.

“You’re a one-trick-pony! You’re a one-trick-pony, Bro! What’s the matter? You don’t know what to do when you can’t jump? You don’t know what to do?! You gonna jump again? Don’t do it. Don’t do it. DON’T YOU DO IT!”

Anyone who says Zerk is the average Joe build is an average Joe.

in PvP

Posted by: that baby stealing dingo.7216

that baby stealing dingo.7216

Do the math:

1 point every 2 seconds on each node capped

Capturing and defending points is how you really win. It’s the fastest way to get to 500.
So please stop chasing the mesmer.

But…Mesmers have candy inside…

I have a sword, a dagger, and an estimated life span of 2.47 seconds.

in PvP

Posted by: Velimere.7685

Velimere.7685

Do the math:

Capturing and defending points is how you really win. It’s the fastest way to get to 500.

Please don’t bully the Mesmer.

Anyone who says Zerk is the average Joe build is an average Joe.

in PvP

Posted by: that baby stealing dingo.7216

that baby stealing dingo.7216

Do the math:

Please don’t bully the Mesmer.

On the contrary, mesmers generally bully me (i.e., beat the snot out of me as I try futilely to push them off a point). But I still chase them in the hope of yummy rainbow candy.

I have a sword, a dagger, and an estimated life span of 2.47 seconds.

in PvP

Posted by: Aeryn.9813

Aeryn.9813

Do the math:

Yeah that was the problem. My teammates were chasing the mesmer like it was a piƱata

Fantaram – ele
I Hate Dumb Teams – nec

in PvP

Posted by: Interpret Interrupt.3824

Interpret Interrupt.3824

Ok, so I’m back with a scenario this time:

Imagine a Mirror match where everyone are PuGs of equal skill level in actual fights. Setup is Chrono, Tempest, Rev, Reaper and Scrapper. Map is Forest.

At the start of the match, you notice that the Scrapper is gonna head far and he doesn’t listen to /t. What should you do in this case?

A/ Ignore him, go 3 to mid and hope to hold out long enough for your Home-point capper to reinforce and make it a 4v4?
B/ Send 1 other player with him in a 2-2-1 split, hoping they’ll be able to decap or steal the opponent’s Home Point despite you obviously losing Mid?
C/ Abandon Mid completely and rush people to far?
D/ Sigh, count a lost pip and just fight a losing battle as you normally would cause there’s no saving that?

I may actually suggest sending 4 mid and leave home open.
Being steamrolled in mid is a liability to the mid team and the scrapper. That way if they rotate one back you will have the mid 4v3. If scrapper dies, he can cap home without affecting your mid fight.
If they send one from mid to your home, tou have 4v3 again.

K Pop
The Warrior, The Necro, The F1 Connoisseur
http://www.twitch.tv/interpretinterrupt