Most Innovative GW2 Players and Teams

in PvP

Posted by: Highseaz.7581

Highseaz.7581

This list is a combination of players and teams who created builds and comps that shifted and then dominated the meta.

Caed- D/P Crit strikes with steal
This build allowed SYNC to take the edge in GW2’s North American PAX qualifiers as Caed shut down Acandis’ stomps and resses with this new steal build.

Noscoc- PoC Necro
This build truly brought an end to ApeX’s bunker meta and solidified the celestial meta in Guild Wars 2.

Vyndetta/Powerr- Spirit Ranger
This build quickly became relevant in the meta with it’s AI, group buffs, and res utility.

Hiba- HGH Engineer (Then given to Ostrich and Teldo who popularized the build)
Nuff Said. With this build engineers became very prevalent in the meta by combining high damage with a lot of boons.

Tarcis- Hambo War
This build combines CC with AoE fields to provide high damage, bunkering abilities, and an inept ability to 1v1.

Jumper-S/D Acro Thief
This build completely altered the meta and allowed TDM to fly to the top of the charts being carried by this untouchable force.

Vain/Skovos- D/D Ele (Valk/Celestial)
Nuff said. This build has remained relevant two years after its creation despite a large gap in between its dominance, its combination of CC, team heals, and damage makes it godlike.

Teams:
Outplayed By Children- The infamous Celestial comp was made famous by this group of individuals when they took a team consisting of 5 dps players centered around the celestial amulet, and won ToL 2. Following this tournament, almost every single team runs a 5 dps, celestial based comp.

Apex Prime- The slow pace and bunkerish style that Apex used in their games lead them to a very successful return in ToL 1. This team utilized even fights with very high sustain to force their opponents to get “out sustained.” However this bunker fame was short lived, as the celestial meta overtook it quite abruptly.

Arena Net- The condi meta came swiftly with a large amount of buffs to spirit rangers, dhuumfire necros and other condi classes. This meta was one of the longest lasting as it required less coordination that berserker yet still had a very high uptime on damage.

VexX/Booty Bakery/Qt – These three teams defined the zerker meta with high burst and teamfights. This style of play was rekt by condi meta however, as zerker builds could not compete with the tankier, bruiser style builds that dominated the scene for well over a year.

in PvP

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

You seem confused on some things. First off, Deku God played spirit ranger when the game launched and continued to do so when it became meta. Before it became meta beast master ranger was meta, a build that can’t really be attributed to a creator, and it was discussed on “Arrow the Knee” that spirit ranger would become the next meta for ranger at the fall of beast master ranger because we knew of the pet nerfs incoming. The discussion was held between myself, Battosai, and the host (who I apologize too for failing to remember the name, I could guess but don’t want to be mistaken). So to say Vyndetta and Powerr made the spirit ranger meta is so incredibly wrong it lessens the validity of any of your other statements. Nevertheless, you have probably earned what you wanted and gotten someone to comment on one of your many troll threads.

in PvP

Posted by: Highseaz.7581

Highseaz.7581

You seem confused on some things. First off, Deku God played spirit ranger when the game launched and continued to do so when it became meta. Before it became meta beast master ranger was meta, a build that can’t really be attributed to a creator, and it was discussed on “Arrow the Knee” that spirit ranger would become the next meta for ranger at the fall of beast master ranger because we knew of the pet nerfs incoming. The discussion was held between myself, Battosai, and the host (who I apologize too for failing to remember the name, I could guess but don’t want to be mistaken). So to say Vyndetta and Powerr made the spirit ranger meta is so incredibly wrong it lessens the validity of any of your other statements. Nevertheless, you have probably earned what you wanted and gotten someone to comment on one of your many troll threads.

Wow, well, sorry to offend you so much. I was told by some old time players that I asked, that Powerr had made the build and given it to Vyndetta. Not sure how any of my posts are “trolling” as I attempt to constitute lists that are valid and correct.

in PvP

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

@OP

What is the point of these threads? Putting these people on a pedestal?

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

in PvP

Eurantien.4632

Wow, well, sorry to offend you so much. I was told by some old time players that I asked, that Powerr had made the build and given it to Vyndetta. Not sure how any of my posts are “trolling” as I attempt to constitute lists that are valid and correct.

You are getting one sided opinions and broadcasting them as if they are fact. I am simply educating you otherwise. Moreover, if you really want to know who the most innovative player is we all know it is Steb, Prince of Downed state who even taught Powert how to power necro.

in PvP

Posted by: lilz shorty.1879

lilz shorty.1879

I am pretty sure I remember this whole thing about spirit ranger, specifically when BM was the meta before and trap ranger was before that.

Deku god did play a different version of spirit ranger before it became meta but the new improved version was developed and theory crafted before the actual changes came into play.

Powerr tested the changes for hours before and after release. He then brought the new improved version, which became the meta build everyone saw and ran, and then proceeded to give it to Vyndetta who popularized it. Folly who’m was the only other Ranger at the time playing on a top team (Team Sleepy), was still playing BM before he even found out about the newer version.

Powerr made a comment on how spirits used to suck before and knew well that it was going to be strong once the changes came into play. Deku god was probably the best spirit ranger amongst Vyn due to how familiar he was with spirits in general.

“Morfeus X” || Team: Apex Prime
“Best Guardian NA”

in PvP

Eurantien.4632

You’re mistaken. As much as I respect Deku for running spirits no matter what, he wasn’t that great at in reality. But to say Vyndetta popularized the build tickles me because once the BM nerf happened EVERYONE instantly was running nearly the same spirit build (because it was soooo obvious, you have to have 30 in NM and 30 in WS which leaves very few options for the rest). In the end, all this thread is another popularity contest. In truth, I doubt either Vyn or Deku really understood movements of spirits (granted I haven’t fought Vyn enough to know).

(edited by Eurantien.4632)

in PvP

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

Yeap, a popularity contest, along with the other threads. I really don’t get why theres a need to make these threads.

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

in PvP

Posted by: lilz shorty.1879

lilz shorty.1879

You’re mistaken. As much as I respect Deku for running spirits no matter what, he wasn’t that great at in reality. But to say Vyndetta popularized the build tickles me because once the BM nerf happened EVERYONE instantly was running nearly the same spirit build (because it was soooo obvious, you have to have 30 in NM and 30 in WS which leaves very few options for the rest). In the end, all this thread is another popularity contest. In truth, I doubt either Vyn or Deku really understood movements of spirits (granted I haven’t fought Vyn enough to know).

They did popularize it even though it was obvious, considering they were the first at top tier winning with it consistently. The build was shared to their friends over time and overtime people eventually figured it out, and Vyn stated that it would be obvious. So if that is the case their is no need to really get upset. Your opinion is your opinion, and mine stands as far as Deku is concerned.

Its not like someone gave it to Vyn or Powerr and they started winning with it. I think for that build and some other builds, it should be considered that builds were just brought to light by certain people in the community because of their popularity/level of play. Some may not have created but did popularize it.

“Morfeus X” || Team: Apex Prime
“Best Guardian NA”

in PvP

Posted by: Royal.2693

Royal.2693

There were other people playing PoC necro before Noscoc.
Didn’t ROM create hambow? I’m not 100% sure on this one.

in PvP

Posted by: BlackTruth.6813

BlackTruth.6813

Once again, fail list. He doesn’t include “gasmaskftw” love your face love your soul, the man “who invented” mace/shield + axe/mace with that 100-0 forbidden exodia combo called “tremor into a bulls charge” with no auto attacks in between while frenzied.

But in all seriousness, I love how people “only get to invent” if their builds are “easy and effective LMAO.” Much like hambow, no offense to Tarcis (Still a good player) or slick shoes cele engi.

Safe to say the OP is a sheep really.

twitch.tv/blacktruth009
Schwahrheit, #1 Fuhrer NA, Just your everyday typical rager

in PvP

Posted by: Ryan.9387

Ryan.9387

Can you stop posting these threads and just kowtow to these players in game?

Ranger | Elementalist

in PvP

Posted by: Liam McColgan.7689

Liam McColgan.7689

The point of this thread is? /facepalm

EDIT: OK just seen the other threads you posted…..you SERIOUSLY need to get out the house more bro. One day these players will no longer exist, this game will have deceased/ moved on……and you will still be trying to make pointless lists…..

Mesmer – 1250+ Ranked tpvp WINS.
– 7772 games played, 5274 games won.
“Nuke or be Nuked” – Said every mesmer ever

(edited by Liam McColgan.7689)

in PvP

Posted by: Lee.5784

Lee.5784

EDIT: OK just seen the other threads you posted…..you SERIOUSLY need to get out the house more bro. One day these players will no longer exist, this game will have deceased/ moved on……and you will still be trying to make pointless lists…..

All I see is bunch of haters hating because their name are not mentioned in the lists. Haters must hate.

For me, this thread is quiet useful for new players to know the history of guild wars 2 and show their respect to these meta creator. At the same time, it gives new players more motivation to improve themselves by competing in the game when they saw these players.

in PvP

Posted by: Lee.5784

Lee.5784

There were other people playing PoC necro before Noscoc.
Didn’t ROM create hambow? I’m not 100% sure on this one.

ROM……… lol

in PvP

Posted by: Eyia Hellhide.7320

Eyia Hellhide.7320

All I see is bunch of haters hating because their name are not mentioned in the lists. Haters must hate.

For me, this thread is quiet useful for new players to know the history of guild wars 2 and show their respect to these meta creator. At the same time, it gives new players more motivation to improve themselves by competing in the game when they saw these players.

So, as a relatively new player I started to wonder how all the meta builds are created by NA players. Anyone bother to explain me? Is it from the air or something?

The night is dark and full of turnips.

in PvP

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

Wow, ethnocentric much? You don’t know the european scene, and I don’t blame you, but most top players do, so some people on your lists are just the first to play certain builds in NA.

P.S.: ROM created Axebow, not Hambow.

in PvP

Posted by: GoogleBrandon.5073

GoogleBrandon.5073

These threads are hilarious and attract a lot of unnecessary commotion

Though aside from comedic purposes they serve no purpose and could easily be locked to avoid BM

Guild channel with PvP uploads
Lost? Confused? [TCS] – A guild for every state of body and mind

in PvP

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

So, as a relatively new player I started to wonder how all the meta builds are created by NA players. Anyone bother to explain me? Is it from the air or something?

They are not. That’s just the ethnocentrism talking.

in PvP

Posted by: Reikou.7068

Reikou.7068

I really don’t get all the hate for the OP…

We kinda need these threads because how else are we going to compare players? The PvP leaderboards? lel.

Reikou/Reira/Iroha/Sengiku/Rinoka/Kuruse/Sakuho/Kinae/Yuzusa/Kikurin/Otoha/Hasue/Mioko
https://www.youtube.com/AilesDeLumiere
http://www.twitch.tv/ailesdelumiere

in PvP

GoogleBrandon.5073

We kinda need these threads because how else are we going to compare players? The PvP leaderboards? lel.

We kinda need these threads because how else are we going to compare players?

We kinda need these threads

need

I am sorry you feel this way… Truly

in PvP

Posted by: Reikou.7068

Reikou.7068

We kinda need these threads because how else are we going to compare players?

We kinda need these threads

need

I am sorry you feel this way… Truly

woooooosh

Reikou/Reira/Iroha/Sengiku/Rinoka/Kuruse/Sakuho/Kinae/Yuzusa/Kikurin/Otoha/Hasue/Mioko
https://www.youtube.com/AilesDeLumiere
http://www.twitch.tv/ailesdelumiere

in PvP

Posted by: Jelzouki.4128

Jelzouki.4128

This guy is such a fanboy….hop off bud.

http://strawpoll.me/3648686/r Queue for PvP from any map. Vote Here. Zojoel [ASAP Zerg]

in PvP

Posted by: Jelzouki.4128

Jelzouki.4128

Also, s/d thief came from EU.

http://strawpoll.me/3648686/r Queue for PvP from any map. Vote Here. Zojoel [ASAP Zerg]

in PvP

GoogleBrandon.5073

woooooosh

Sarcasm is hard to read yo :O

Especially since it nearly seemed as if you were honest by the fact of mentioning the broken ladderboards…

in PvP

Posted by: Sars.8792

Sars.8792

Also, s/d thief came from EU.

no, s/d and jumper is the only one thats true imo.

The other that is kinda sorta true is hambow from tarcis he was first, but Super(EU) made FoTM at Pax as the petting zoo/condi cleave counter.

The rest idk…..as someone said lots of people started running spirits before BM nerf was even live.

And eles no just no lol tourneys didn’t even really start till way after it was fotm the first time… dd ele became popular after a few bug fixs then this guide https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/elementalist/Tanky-DPS-Elementalist-Videos-11-21-12/first

I wouldn’t say any of them were THAT innovative ……… they all started with a buff/change by Anet cant really call dibs when the next day tons of people are playing variations of basically the same thing IMO. So this thread is pretty much useless?

in PvP

Posted by: DevilsGlare.7658

DevilsGlare.7658

Oh dudes, I made another list.
Leaps more gayishly this time

If we ain’t laughin, we ain’t winnin.
Team [CUTE]
QT Vain

in PvP

Posted by: Chaotic.9742

Chaotic.9742

Inb4:
I played dps medi guard before it was meta
swishes emo haircut out of eyes

in PvP

Posted by: Sunshine.5014

Sunshine.5014

The D/D build was popularized by daPhoenix. You can even search for his long post in the forums. That created the first wave of immortal D/D eles. Before that, most eles played EA with staff. Sure, there were some people experimented here and there, but there was not a wave of D/D ele.

Looking back at the history/post about it is cool. But please do some original research too, instead of just listen to people claiming they invented something.

Gray out the HP for future condition damage
Already quit PvP. Just log in here and there to troll.

in PvP

Posted by: Chopsticks.8621

Chopsticks.8621

Hey, can we get a list of the kindest/nicest people in competitive NA? It seems like everyone is kind of a kitten haha