Most common Ranked Classes

in PvP

Posted by: shion.2084

shion.2084

Ive been doing competitive ranked matches lately and I’m only in sapphire but my confirmation biased view tell me that the classes seem to fall into these groupings

Most Common (at least 2 of one of these classes on a team): Necro, DH
Common (1 on almost every team): Druid
Likely (at least one of these present per team): Scrap, DD, Mesmer, Rev
Less common: Warrior

I was surprised by my own Scrapper class, since everyone had been talking about how OP aand nerf needing they were. Usually folks gravitate to those “easy win” classes. Which made me feel a bit bad since I haven’t exactly found things easy.

I think its the crowd control and big area damage that make the DH and Necro so appealing. The ability to relatively easily get farm some kills while people are either helplessly running or stuttering in some trap, and to be able to do this to several people at once in group skirmishes.

The Druid’s effectiveness tanking and group support probably make it rewarding to play. The other classes are a bit more +1’ers. So that’s my guess as to popularity, it basically factors in the mass kill appeal of a class, skill required to pull it off, Point domination, AOE, survivability.

Incidentally I’ve run into a premade team of like 4 warriors, they were brutal. There are some really good ones out there. I think its an underestimated class.

in PvP

Posted by: PowerBottom.5796

PowerBottom.5796

Two of the undoubtedly best classes aren’t played very often at all (rev and scrapper), while two of the worst ones are (thief and DH). It’s pretty weird.

in PvP

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

DH is a low skill floor class that is highly effective against noobs. Which is probably why its so common in the lower tiers. Guardian was my main and i still play DH sometimes in PvP, but my preferred class has been Scrapper since Season 1.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in PvP

Posted by: Pandabro.8743

Pandabro.8743

Two of the undoubtedly best classes aren’t played very often at all (rev and scrapper), while two of the worst ones are (thief and DH). It’s pretty weird.

I feel like I see Rev and Scrapper in every game…

in PvP

Posted by: shion.2084

shion.2084

I’d really like a dev to tell us the actual numbers broken down by Division. That would be interesting to see.

in PvP

Posted by: R O C.6574

R O C.6574

Why is there still so much theif hate!

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

DH and reapers have low skillfloor atm.

Scrappers and revs are really good but you need bit of practice with them.

Hence the representation numbers.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: rwolf.9571

rwolf.9571

Why is there still so much theif hate!

Probably because there’s are alot of stupid ones that don’t know how to play theif. When they’re good, they’re good. But that’s a rare case.

IE I’m stuck in emerald, and thiefs I’ve run into have no concept of back capping, running away from a necro when they’ve rushed far. Doing 1 v 3’s in mid. But that’s the case with any class while here in emeralds’ville.

in PvP

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

You missed out eles.
I found ele a bit less common than it should be. I had to profession swap to ele many times because they carry team fight so hard.

in PvP

Posted by: Extreme.8350

Extreme.8350

1. Reaper
2. Necro
3. DH
4. Druid
5. Rev
6. Scrapper
7. Ele

rest is useless

in PvP

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

I don’t see that many druids, though. The amount of reapers/dragonhunters are huge myself included. I wonder if it is because at the matches at lower (read my) level end in a very important 5v5 teamfight which decides in a lot of cases the outcome. Dragonhunter and Reaper perform better under these conditions thanks to their high amount of AoE. The lack of mobility is less important since outrotating barely happens at this level.

EverythingOP

in PvP

Posted by: R O C.6574

R O C.6574

I switched to playing rev instead of theif because my team kept losing the team fights. imo, a good theif can help a good team beat another good team by decapping far and rotating back to mid to help burst. But when everyone is wiping on mid in 3 sec, decapping far doesn’t really help much.

in PvP

Posted by: Veneratio.1980

Veneratio.1980

I switched to playing rev instead of theif because my team kept losing the team fights. imo, a good theif can help a good team beat another good team by decapping far and rotating back to mid to help burst. But when everyone is wiping on mid in 3 sec, decapping far doesn’t really help much.

I did that too (from my DH) but vs 3-4 necro’s every match doesn’t make my boons an asset really.

in PvP

Posted by: Hendrix.9763

Hendrix.9763

Where is Thief in this?

in PvP

Posted by: Siren.2843

Siren.2843

I see thieves, sometimes I see them, then I don’t see them, then I quickly see them again. There’s thieves, you just don’t always SEE them.