Most likely to get upset victory in finals?

in PvP

Posted by: delivert.3256

delivert.3256

Both NA teams are underdogs tomorrow. Which of the two has the best chance for an upset victory? And why?

in PvP

Posted by: suffish.4150

suffish.4150

It is so good to finally see a thread about the pro league finals!

Well, to answer the question, I would say the only NA team to be an underdog is astral. I expect PZ to beat TCG, probably 3-1. So my answer would be that PZ is by far the most likely to win out of the NA teams- if it was TCG against astral, everyone would expect astral to win and based on what happened in week 7, PZ are better than astral so I can’t see why they are the underdogs.

Astral has a great chance as well, however the meta probably does not favour them as thief is not really viable at the highest level. I would expect astral to swap their for Mesmer in their composition because if they do not, I can’t see them having any chance at beating rank 55. I do expect them to run the strongest composition though and I think that they will upset rank 55 3-2.

I do predict a double NA final which will be extremely close but I think that PZ will beat astral 3-2 in a series of 5 very close games and claim the first tournament victory for any NA team other than astral. If I had to predict only 1 NA team that would go through though, it would definitely be PZ.

PvP- Stronlo Beastmaster (Ranger)
PvE- Grolex (Warrior)
PvP rank: 20 Rating: 1864 (season 7)

in PvP

Posted by: Slim.3024

Slim.3024

I do predict a double NA final…

That sounds like wishful thinking t be honest. I expect the final to be a double EU one.

in PvP

Posted by: suffish.4150

suffish.4150

I do predict a double NA final…

That sounds like wishful thinking t be honest. I expect the final to be a double EU one.

I wouldn’t call it wishful thinking, to be honest I would really like to see a PZ vs. Rank 55 final so PZ can prove just how much they have improved since last season when they were absolutely destroyed by rank 55 in the semi finals.
Astral have always done well when everyone thought they were going to lose, such as in the last WTS when everyone expected them to lose to oRNG and TCG and they won the tournament. Also, they have never failed to make the grand final of a major event and I don’t see that changing for this event.

I guess we will just have to see in only a few hours time!!

PvP- Stronlo Beastmaster (Ranger)
PvE- Grolex (Warrior)
PvP rank: 20 Rating: 1864 (season 7)

in PvP

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

Frankly, this is the most even final quarter I’ve ever seen in a GW2 tournament. The four teams have reasonable odds of winning in my opinion.

in PvP

Posted by: sanctuary.1068

sanctuary.1068

r55 will probably win. Its kinda difficult to say who will win between Astral and TCG, it could go either way. If TCG play at their best they could very well beat astral. My guess is that PZ will be at 4th place. But then again, i havent watched the NA matches this season.

(edited by sanctuary.1068)

in PvP

Posted by: Infernaeus.8473

Infernaeus.8473

It is so good to finally see a thread about the pro league finals!

Well, to answer the question, I would say the only NA team to be an underdog is astral. I expect PZ to beat TCG, probably 3-1. So my answer would be that PZ is by far the most likely to win out of the NA teams- if it was TCG against astral, everyone would expect astral to win and based on what happened in week 7, PZ are better than astral so I can’t see why they are the underdogs.

Astral has a great chance as well, however the meta probably does not favour them as thief is not really viable at the highest level. I would expect astral to swap their for Mesmer in their composition because if they do not, I can’t see them having any chance at beating rank 55. I do expect them to run the strongest composition though and I think that they will upset rank 55 3-2.

I do predict a double NA final which will be extremely close but I think that PZ will beat astral 3-2 in a series of 5 very close games and claim the first tournament victory for any NA team other than astral. If I had to predict only 1 NA team that would go through though, it would definitely be PZ.

3-1. Lol ok. RIP PZ.

in PvP

Posted by: Belial.9350

Belial.9350

I expect PZ to beat TCG, probably 3-1.

I do predict a double NA final

Lol.