My Fist PvP Season Complete

in PvP

Posted by: usnedward.9023

usnedward.9023

This was my first full PvP season in any game. I have only ever tinkered in PvP. I had fun, gots me some goot loots but even still I tried as hard as I could to learn from the experienced. Learn from the ragers of what not to do and so on. So after playing…. reading forums…watching videos…learning the ropes…her is my 2 cents:

1. PvP titles are for the best of the best. DUO queues should be out.. period. I do think it hurts the ranked because they can chat on TS or what have you. Season 6 looks to keep same setup. This isn’t to say DUOs are better or not but I believe can be a disadvantage.

2. 5v5 premade groups? Separate arena…separate title for Team. 5v5 is not team per say as it is finding the best solo player. Being able to queue up with 5 buddies is asking for more rage that the servers can handle. UNLESS it is a separate area.

3. Profession switching prior to match. Though I understand the matchmaking needs some work how is it matchmaking when people queue with one profession only to switch to another? That breaks the system. I cannot prove the statistics I see but more times than not it becomes a disadvantage to the other team.

4. I hear a lot about OP this OP that. Nerf Warrior, Guard and Thief? Pretty soon someone will catch on to my Necro build which does fairly well against the above and then there will be call for nerf on Necro. Win some lose some and sometimes you lose against skilled players and not OP professions.

5. Calls to drop loot because it is drawing in PvE’rs and ruining rank. Yeah…don’t think so. Though being mostly PvE until now the loot is great and I personally like the competition. If people are there for the loot…have no skill…Daily Rewards…they do not rank up and thus your point is moot. If you are gold or higher, trust me you are not playing against noob PvEr’s like myself :P Hell I couldn’t even get out of bronze but once. I attribute that to being new, getting better and we’ll see next season.

6. I know the DEVs work hard, take the criticism and try harder but not everyone will always be pleased.

I want to thank all in this forum and in-game if we crossed other, for your help, understanding and great attitudes as I am now continue on the PvP path.

Granted Death – Necro
Consumed Hate – Thief
Unlucky Scrub – Ranger

in PvP

Posted by: Yannir.4132

Yannir.4132

Thank you for sticking to constructive feedback. I agree 100%.

Yannir for males. (guard,thief,war,ele)
Sonya for females. (necro,rev,ranger,mes,engi)
All classes lvl 80.

in PvP

Posted by: Dinster.7063

Dinster.7063

If you are gold or higher, trust me you are not playing against noob PvEr’s like myself :P Hell I couldn’t even get out of bronze but once. I

Thanks for a constructive feedback.
Now please tell me, why after spending 99% of my game time in tPvP, I dont come to PvE forums and start telling stuff about raiding? Hope u get my point.

As for duo que. Since mods r reading this and giving a feedback to devs, I’d rather ask you not to bring up again the removal of DUO QUE. If you want to play solo – go play SC2. All MMOs are about cooperation.

Despite of the fact, that you have some ideas, but you r missing bigger picture (maybe cuz you r new to tpvp). (i.e. – points 3, 4, 5 are irrelivant and couldnt understand anything in #2, but maybe it was good)

in PvP

Posted by: Buran.3796

Buran.3796

3. Profession switching prior to match. Though I understand the matchmaking needs some work how is it matchmaking when people queue with one profession only to switch to another? That breaks the system. I cannot prove the statistics I see but more times than not it becomes a disadvantage to the other team.

The system doesn’t take in consideration which class you’re in queue with. Why should? The system allows to stack classes, so preventing to swich will not change stacking. And if you bane stacking the queues will rise astronomically.

Also, how swiching classes break the system? You mean that if a experienced player notices a weakness in his team -too much frailness, lack of damage, support or mobility- and changes to fix the issue or to counter the enemy team composition is that an exploit? Pvp is a competitive game mode; if players that have skill and flexibility to fill multiple roles bother you maybe you should rethink your presence here.

in PvP

Posted by: Kir Sakar.3647

Kir Sakar.3647

I agree with Buran and Dinster. People here call for removal of class stacking all the time, but in my opinion, a very interesting apect of the game would get lost then.

First, same class != same role, since you can have different builds on the same class (Staff vs D/P thief, Auromancer vs FA ele, condi vs power war…). How should the algorithm account for that? Secondly, its a skill to be able to adapt to your team composition, by, for example, rerolling a support when your team lacks it. Its a strategic asset that makes the game more interesting.

And I say that as a low-tier Mesmer main, I am a prime target for all those stacked DH. But I rather learn and play more classes that fare better against DH than have the matchmaking restricting everyone’s gameplay in such a way.

Charr Chronomancer | Asura Tempest | Charr Druid | Charr Guardian
(Seafarer’s Rest, EU)

in PvP

usnedward.9023

Okay peeps calm down :P

Seriously though I am new to PvP in GW2 and not sure how the other seasons were setup. I do appreciate your understanding that I am new and I like the feed back. I may be off point on some of it because I haven’t played past seasons. So let me clarify on a few of your comments:

@Dinster:

I am in no way telling anyone how to do PvP but only what I saw in game and have read in forums and other areas of complaint. You are correct not to complain of PvE stuff if you do not do it and though I am not complaining of the PvP issues I see I am merely just pointing out my “2 cents” since I HAVE done this season and still PvP’ing away.

PvP title is individual correct? So no DUO since you may get assistance ranking up. If it were a team title then that is different. Just my opinion. I know you didn’t want me to bring it up but there is plenty complaints out there on this.

None of my points are irrelevant since it is opinion and you are free to disagree.

Point #2 I could clarify more like this. Current 5 v 5 titles individuals at end of season, again NOT teams. Many have said make it a 5 v 5 team. That is fine but pointing out it would have to be a separate rating system and arena since it would be “team” oriented. and I assume they would want team rating system.

Granted Death – Necro
Consumed Hate – Thief
Unlucky Scrub – Ranger

in PvP

usnedward.9023

@Bruan

The matchmaking needs work. I think we all know that. I just find it odd that really you get in a match, two people change up and the other team gets steam rolled. Been on both sides of that battle. I just think if you commit to one profession you shouldn’t be able to switch. Again. Just my opinion on how game play is affected by being allowed to switch.

@ Kir Sakar

You are target by certain specs as I am target by certain specs.

@Everyone

LISTEN, I do not have all the answers and again merely pointing out my first season and what I see needs looked at. I am surprised there are no 1v1, 2v2, or team arenas. The most important fact for me is that you may be #1 in the world and get titled for that but used another player who was good to get there. Then that is not your title IMO the way the current set up is.

Granted Death – Necro
Consumed Hate – Thief
Unlucky Scrub – Ranger