My Legendary Road as Thief

in PvP

Posted by: Sergiu.3698

Sergiu.3698

So how should i start this?
Well the thing is that towards Christmas I was bored like hell and didn’t had any real plans about Legendary or Divisions or anything related and i was bit busy with finding new monitor and stuff.
So anyway since i was playing i recorded it over Twitch-but haven’t found the time to edit the videos right now.

Then a m8 kinda corrupted me with the idea and so on- and just because it was hard and i was kinda sad i said i shall go with the Flow- shinny thing.

So anyway , I managed to reach Legendary in about 3 weeks of playing, i started playing solo and on the way i have managed to get lots of friends.

All of my games were played only on thief -solo or with teams-m8s i met around during gameplay.Around Diamond i met lots of friends that i had played with later on, cause the other pugs kept whinning about thiefs and so on.

So the annoying things is and still is this:
During my gameplay i met lots of guys ,WHINING and SCREAMING:Thief gg over, change,etc and so on, so i am just so tired of all the hamsters that only know to talk and 0 to play ,and quitters and so on, so that’s why i WANT TO MAKE THIS POST.

So to be clear -I played against lots of Rated guys-teams – and so on-this includes
teams and guys that are high rated:Car Crashed some Orange Logos, Rank 55, Vermilion etc , some from the *top5*Legendary Dudes and so on.
-u can see some in pics down, and i left some notes and things about.Had to edit them cause i had quite a few of them.

My build is a personal VenomShare~and i played it all the time during this time.

1-META- doesn’t mean kitten-
2-I have managed to cream lots of guys,legendary guys,teams esl muchachos and meta builds during my gameplay .
3-Stop Screaming when u see a thief-is over or quit in the start of game.-got lots of proofs about this.
4-Just because they have a druid-mesmer-engi- ele – and u have a thief in your team won’t mean they win.
5-CONCENTRATE on playing instead of telling to a thief-what he or she should play.
6-If 1 PLAYS thief is cause he likes-loves it or dunno.
7-Good Thiefs have better reflexes than any of the guys who have other main classes.

So down here i will post some of the things i noticed:

Mesmers and(engi)are the most op but u can handle them, depending on what and how u play-they are bunky as hell, but u can still kill them solo,
-But if u got your team around them-they go down .
Shatterer- nothing but a joke that u only need to pay attention.

Eles- with Auras u need timing- pressure – and teamplay-to put them down with the venoms , but once Diamond skin goes down, they drop down fast.

Druids-They are annoying as hell , as the pets hits like a train, so u need to play it with your head-U can kill them but it takes time and timing.

Necs- u can handle them easy , u just need to be careful on the guys not to send u as a gift back the condi

Engi- way to OP to kill them -they have great anti condi-anti and anti burst- so against these u should play Dirty.

DH- Those traps hit like train-so u really need to pay attention

Warrior and enemy thiefs- They should better start running away.

I will edit and post them over youtube when i will have time with some of the fights.

Only had time for a few videos

https://youtu.be/wWk8VlvZXrQ a flawless victory

https://youtu.be/iwZYbef4Ews and a crying mesmer

twitch:enses_09

(edited by Sergiu.3698)

in PvP

Posted by: Abazigal.3679

Abazigal.3679

You’re right, but the real issue with thief is that it’s hard to have impact on a solo queue game with average players , plus it’s still fairly easy to die considering actual meta.

When you get good teammates( whatever setup is, except worst scenario), playing thief is good. When you get a terrible setup + teammates not willing to read chat, i feel like being quite useless as a thief, since i can’t have any decisive impact on a game( already had 1v2 wins on far while whole team suiciding in DH traps 4v3)

in PvP

Posted by: Shirlias.8104

Shirlias.8104

You’re right, but the real issue with thief is that it’s hard to have impact on a solo queue game with average players , plus it’s still fairly easy to die considering actual meta.

When you get good teammates( whatever setup is, except worst scenario), playing thief is good. When you get a terrible setup + teammates not willing to read chat, i feel like being quite useless as a thief, since i can’t have any decisive impact on a game( already had 1v2 wins on far while whole team suiciding in DH traps 4v3)

Exactly.

Also, if you find a decent team to play agains, if both have the same skill, the one with thief is gonna lose. That’s what is meant for meta ( every game is the same ).

Btw, gz for hitting legend with a thief.

in PvP

Posted by: UBcktieDL.5318

UBcktieDL.5318

HI

i met you some times in the ladder while soloq’ing. One of the rare thieves that gave me a challenge.

congratulations for legend.

in PvP

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

I’ve been matched with/against you quite a few times, and kinda related to the post I remember two consecutive matches played against you.
First one you had a DH doing some huge missplays that eventually carried us to the victory. He complained about you on map chat, funny stuff.
Next match, I was matched against you too. We had double ele, and I remember the pain of them dropping under 90% life and literally being one-shotted by the condi burst. We lost that match cause eles were just exploding everywhere, losing teamfights and being snowballed.
So, a good thief can do some great job for his team, and right now most thieves are good cause the bad ones have rerolled. And yes, it kinda sucks when someone on your team throws the game just cause he has a thief on his team. No matter what ppl say, skill/knowledge will always be more predominant than a build

M I L K B O I S

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

yeah thief is not auto loss, people lose games because they spend most of the time typing and flaming thief instead of playing game actually

also engis are most broken crap in this game and anet doesn’t even bother nerfing them where they should – gold spooning at its finest…

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>