My Season Experience

My Season Experience

in PvP

Posted by: DanAlcedo.3281

DanAlcedo.3281

Hi!

My name is Dan.
Im a very Casual Pvp Player.
I only play PvP for Ap. ( yes im this guy , made over 180 ap this season)

The last time i played Pvp was (i think) season 4.
There i maxed out my ranking at low Plat and high gold , always switching.

This Seasons placement matches was 3wins/7lost. ( Mostly because of thinks like full signet wars or something or people with DC)

Got places in low Gold and worked my way to high gold with necro.

So far i had fun. You win some you lose some.
I would say high gold is the right place for me. I think this is my cap for this season and im happy with it.

I was reading alot about the “losing streaks” people have right when they hit there cap , but i didnt really believed it.

BUT!

As soon as i hit 1450 Ranking something changed.
I startet to lose one game after another. Always getting the same people. Over and over again.
While the enemy was never the same.
The enemy was not really better then normal , but my team was all of a sudden WAY worse .
Heal scrapper , people who told us they didnt play for 2 years. Like the enemy way normal gold tier and i got every game bronze people.

I not mad. I dont care about my ranking.

Other people would just stop playing after 2-3 games but i didnt.
I wanted to see how deep this goes. FOR SCIENCE!

I was really suprised that , what people say , was right.

Total Games today 14. Win: 2 Lose: 12

I will still play Pvp ( for ap lol) but this was a very wierd experience.

Attachments:

(edited by DanAlcedo.3281)

My Season Experience

in PvP

Posted by: Kahrgan.7401

Kahrgan.7401

This is the experience of most people this season, someone borked up their Matchmaking algorithm or something, it’s been a really bad season.

Don’t call anyone out on their BS, that’s an infraction and a deleted post. —Anet.

My Season Experience

in PvP

Posted by: suffish.4150

suffish.4150

Just by looking at the score, I can see that at least half of those games could have been won.

Yes, I know loss streaks are a thing but a lot of those games we far from impossible if you just played a bit better.

Now, if u didn’t even reach 300 points in those 10 games, then you would know matchmaking hated you for a while (it does that with everyone occasionally).

PvP- Stronlo Beastmaster (Ranger)
PvE- Grolex (Warrior)
PvP rank: 20 Rating: 1864 (season 7)

My Season Experience

in PvP

Posted by: Helbjorne.9368

Helbjorne.9368

I hear you there man. Went on a 12 game lose streak, and only in 2 games did we have more than 250 points. It’s actually why I decided to roll off Necro; I just feel Necro is far more team dependent than the other classes.

Even though they excell in team fights, without solid frontliners to peel, they just get hard focused and nuked off the map, and positioning can only go so far.

Whose soul do I have to reap to get a Necro rework around here?

My Season Experience

in PvP

Posted by: Ralkuth.1456

Ralkuth.1456

I would say above 400’s or even the ones about 350 could have gone either way.

When it goes past mid-game, any significant play like a 1v2 on neutral node, some kind of godly animal steal, reverse-downed-mind game mid-wipe (?) can completely turn the outcome around. One of the things I’m still learning to do is to back off a mid-fight you know you can’t win (team comp issues) and look to push other nodes (likely far).

5-10% of games will be nail-biting to the finish, so don’t give up until the very end. You never know what might happen (you lose most likely).

Attaching screen of game, fresh today (Gold 3). We were actually behind 350-440 or something, but we held on and got 2 backcaps, there was a 1v2 somewhere, kept mid neutral, then someone got a steal on Chieftain. To be honest it’s very likely they got too complacent towards the end and practically gave us the win with bad rotations.

Attachments:

5 useless class titles
Carrying enemy team since 2012
“Multiclass implies you can actually play the class” – a certain royalty

(edited by Ralkuth.1456)