My Top 3 Hotjoin Plagues

My Top 3 Hotjoin Plagues

in PvP

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

I was trying to join a random hotjoin match earlier today, and came across one of the things that tends to annoy the crap out of me when attempting to Hotjoin in sPvP…So I made a video to show my displeasure for some of the systems (or lack thereof) in the current iteration of GW2 sPvP.

tl;dw:

• Being placed into the same match over and over multiple times in a row
  • Joining blowout matches
  • Spectator mode abuse/issues/mechanic
  • Autobalance issues

Some older relevant forum threads:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/Stop-putting-me-back-into-the-same-match/first#post5001650

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/Auto-Balance-merged/first#post4822950

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/Needed-PvP-Tutorial-for-New-Players/first#post4794526

What do you think would improve the overall hotjoin experience?

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

My Top 3 Hotjoin Plagues

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

just play unranked dude. use hotjoin for buildtesting etc. only reason i go in there is to buildtest and get pratice on my alts, ranger & guardian. taking it seriously and getting worked up over practice mode is just not worth it, play unranked or ranked if you want a proper game.

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

My Top 3 Hotjoin Plagues

in PvP

Zietlogik.6208

just play unranked dude. use hotjoin for buildtesting etc. only reason i go in there is to buildtest and get pratice on my alts, ranger & guardian. taking it seriously and getting worked up over practice mode is just not worth it, play unranked or ranked if you want a proper game.

I think this is a horrible way of looking at it, this is what the pvp community has been conditioned to feel.

If you played back in the earlier days of the game, hotjoin was fine, it worked well, and it was a fun experience, it didn’t need to be what it is, and it didn’t need to be competitive (now with those additions, it would be even better)

There should be a mode where you can go in and test things out (like custom servers) where scores don’t tick, rewards aren’t given, people can vote on map changes in between etc.

Then there should be the old hotjoin in place of this new mess, didn’t have spectator mode, autobalance would still work…kinda, then still have the unranked for players who want to join/play as a team, and Ranked for competitive.

I just played an unranked match, and wandering around in Heart of the Mists for 5 minutes isn’t me playing pvp, which is what I would rather be doing when im trying to…you know…play pvp

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

My Top 3 Hotjoin Plagues

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

I think this is a horrible way of looking at it, this is what the pvp community has been conditioned to feel.

If you played back in the earlier days of the game, hotjoin was fine, it worked well, and it was a fun experience, it didn’t need to be what it is, and it didn’t need to be competitive (now with those additions, it would be even better)

There should be a mode where you can go in and test things out (like custom servers) where scores don’t tick, rewards aren’t given, people can vote on map changes in between etc.

Then there should be the old hotjoin in place of this new mess, didn’t have spectator mode, autobalance would still work…kinda, then still have the unranked for players who want to join/play as a team, and Ranked for competitive.

I just played an unranked match, and wandering around in Heart of the Mists for 5 minutes isn’t me playing pvp, which is what I would rather be doing when im trying to…you know…play pvp

ya see, buddy therin lies your problem. you are trying to play the practice mode like unranked. i only go there to build test and fool about. this involves me changing my build hen i die (standing at spawn) going for fights vs caps etc. use the mode for it’s intended practice function and just play unranked if you want a real game. unranked has no team swaps and gives greater rewards for winning, play it instead.

all pvp games have queue times for ‘fair’ teams.

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

My Top 3 Hotjoin Plagues

in PvP

Posted by: holodoc.5748

holodoc.5748

Actually hotjoin was even worse during early days because of the 16 players cap instead of just 10. And do take note that in those days visual effects were way more emphasized than now so every node fight was looking like a Chinese New Year celebration.

Not that I care anymore but if I was supposed to fix hotjoin issue I would simply replace all the available maps in hotjoin with just one map – Courtyard. So if people want to test out builds or get their dailies they can do it in TDM mode 24/7. If you want to play anything else, just switch to unranked or ranked. It’s not like it matters what you play. They are both the same.

My Top 3 Hotjoin Plagues

in PvP

Zietlogik.6208

Actually hotjoin was even worse during early days because of the 16 players cap instead of just 10. And do take note that in those days visual effects were way more emphasized than now so every node fight was looking like a Chinese New Year celebration.

Not that I care anymore but if I was supposed to fix hotjoin issue I would simply replace all the available maps in hotjoin with just one map – Courtyard. So if people want to test out builds or get their dailies they can do it in TDM mode 24/7. If you want to play anything else, just switch to unranked or ranked. It’s not like it matters what you play. They are both the same.

Maybe I wasn’t as jaded as I am now back then. I remember playing many matches one after another with the same groups of people, full matches each time.

The 8v8 think was/could be annoying, some times it was a complete cluster!%#$, and others would allow action to be placed evenly across the map, it was easier to manage having 1 less player than a 4v5, but when both teams where in 1 place it was quite horrible. But there were enough 5v5 servers set up anyways.

But I am talking about the hotjoin mechanics and systems mainly, where the autobalance didnt exist and didn’t throw everyone into a fire, and spectator mode didn’t muck up the works. You could join from anywhere etc.

They removed good things, added good things, added bad things and removed bad things.

Between now and then, it is almost equal, there are goods and bads, but I you never got annoyed by people abusing the game systems before, you just went into another match, or played it out and didn’t worry as much….and at least you could hit the hotjoin button while in a match, so no extra load screens between them either.

I would be more ok playing ranked/unranked if:

• matchmaking wasn’t garbage
  • queue times were not as long + pre-match waiting room (it can easily be 5-10 minutes of waiting per match)
  • queue from anywhere

My Top 3 Hotjoin Plagues

in PvP

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

Just remove these buttons!

Attachments:

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

My Top 3 Hotjoin Plagues

in PvP

Posted by: PlagueEphlik.3067

PlagueEphlik.3067

The hotjoin system could be done so much better but because its just hotjoin they dont care. Its not even good practice because in the state its in you get players who play it like this more or less

My Top 3 Hotjoin Plagues

in PvP

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

The hotjoin system could be done so much better but because its just hotjoin they dont care. Its not even good practice because in the state its in you get players who play it like this more or less

Rofl! Good one!

:D

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

My Top 3 Hotjoin Plagues

in PvP

Posted by: dylan.5409

dylan.5409

teams need to be built evenly (so 1 doesn’t join blue leaving red outnumbered) from the start.
It should be impossible to join opposing (spectate) team unless auto’d.
Auto balance needs to happen much quicker