My experience in diamond division

in PvP

Posted by: Huttunen.8309

Huttunen.8309

The amont of totally, TOTALLY shet diamond and legend players whom i am forced to play with is shocking me.

You’re not alone there. I’m seeing the worst in diamond too so far, they don’t know even the basics.

It’s actually pretty funny. On some games when we manage to recover from 200 – 300 to 400 – 350 with a 3-cap, I’ve seen so many people just zerging far with 4 players, while I’m getting 3v1’d somewhere else when desperately trying to hold the two other points alone, making us lose the game in the end. This kind of stuff happened three times in diamond t3 for me, and I have no idea how to even carry that

Also the amount of people who don’t want to switch their professions and adapt for the match is just crazy, on some matches it feels that your teammates aren’t even wanting to win the match

(edited by Huttunen.8309)

in PvP

Posted by: Amineo.8951

Amineo.8951

Good joke last matches, I managed to get out of my big loss streak… but not for long, I got stuck again in T3 Ruby, and last match was me (Rev) 1 Rev, 2 Thieves and 1 Ele, VS 2 Necros, 2 Scrappers, 1 Mesmer, basically the perfect setup to counter our team.

One Thief was also awful (the other was swedish so no way to communicate), he did not know what shadow refuge was (I am very serious), I knew that we would lose when I pressed B basically…

in PvP

Posted by: godsie.2864

godsie.2864

If I dont get legendary on my own by end of next week I will just pay some high MMR pvpers to carry me to legendary, better than missing the 1 AP.

I am an AP hunter but would never get some one else to get me 1 AP!! its not my achievement then – that says something !

this is what is wrong with pvp ! AP should not be there nor should pve rewards

(edited by godsie.2864)

in PvP

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

If I dont get legendary on my own by end of next week I will just pay some high MMR pvpers to carry me to legendary, better than missing the 1 AP.

I am an AP hunter but would never get some one else to get me 1 AP!! its not my achievement then – that says something !

this is what is wrong with pvp ! AP should not be there nor should pve rewards

Some people do everything they can to get every last AP possible.

I noticed a pattern with winning and loosing though. If I play at night (say 3 am) when the usual people diamond MMR hell people are sleeping I win games while I loose all the pips I gained at night during daytime again because the usual people I have on my blocklist appear in my teams again.
Maybe I should only play pvp at night from now on :/

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in PvP

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

Malediktus I have quite some respect for you as a fellow AP hunter. But would it be too hard to admit that you might not be good enough to carry your way out of the soloQ?

There has been proof that there’s no MMR hell and such and that if you cant climb it cant be ALWAYS the fault of everyone else but you.

People who are not pro have made it solo to legend, you need the capacity of be realistic with your own games, how you play them and tryhard, be it by the fotm build/class/being able to class switch if needed. Yes, when you are solo and enemy has trio/4man or you have a trio/4man with you it may look like you have little control on the possible outcome of the game. You’ll lose some, you’ll win some, this is where you need to try hard at all time to be the determining factor and be the extra winning chance. Doing so will result in your win ratio being higher than what the matchmaking is trying to force on you (the 50% win chance matchup based on mmr or whatever this stuff is coded).

Try hard, look back on your own games, whether you lose them or win them, be realistic of what happens there, what you could have done. It’s hard for a human being, especially in a video game he’s dedicated to, to admit that you may not have been as good as you think you are in it, but once you can do that, you can work on improvements and get better. Which is somethign a lot of players on this subforum cant do.

The ride to legendary in soloQ can be made, without being a pro or “MMR gifted” :
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/Legendary-Division-186-Screenshots-SoloQ/first#post6048870

So dont give up, improvements can be made.

that thread doesnt prove much
in fact, in those screenshots, i have yet to see a matchup that show a complete lower division vs a complete higher division. i must say this dude is really lucky.

i too had winning streak but always stop at the final tier, in that final tier, there are a few complete lower tier vs a complete higher tier matchup which means d2vsd3, d3vsd4, d4,vsd5 kind. of course, winning those matchup dont give you 2 pip either, kitten bad incentive for winning ppl who are ranked higher than ur whole team

either way
this season is completely grindable but is really all down to your luck to see what team you match up with and against. you can also wait for the absolute weak players to grind their way up and then you climb ontop of them to go up.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

in PvP

Malediktus.9250

Just lost another game we were clearly winning because my team suddenly went braindead mode and went dieing one by one on our close point and also lost mid during the process. Its really unplayable and 75% of the games I have at least one person from my blocklist in my team so easy predicted to loosing the match.
I was at 7 pips when I logged on and already back down to 3. Day time = unplayable

in PvP

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

After reaching 11 pips in diamond after hard work I got caught in a downward spiral and the following screen shows what happens to me more often than it should.

Welcome them. My life in sapphire for the last 2 weeks.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

in PvP

Malediktus.9250

I am really angry right now. I was on a hard earned win streak then this happened. The 4 people were from 1 guild and 3 of them had less then 10 points until far mid game. Utter trash matchmaking anet. If I soloQ I dont want to help out crappy PVE guilds!

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: Matisse.9356

Matisse.9356

I am really angry right now. I was on a hard earned win streak then this happened. The 4 people were from 1 guild and 3 of them had less then 10 points until far mid game. Utter trash matchmaking anet. If I soloQ I dont want to help out crappy PVE guilds!

That is why we need to get real SoloQ again.

in PvP

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

you would rather have their carry trash an emerald/sapphire game by completely dominating? which also allows the pros to trash your games by queuing with ambers?

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in PvP

Posted by: Nimrud.5642

Nimrud.5642

I just dont get how there are people still defending this system. It does not measure skill level properly. Makes too many bad matchups, causing 70% of the games being a blowout. No competitive feeling, no personal motivation, a lot less room for improvement (fighting even fights raises your skill level, being outnumbered and stomped in 6 sec does not) , no reason to add that little extra because it just simply does not matter. 70% of my games would have the same result even if I was afk all the time.

People who like pvp, like it for its competitive nature. Well this is anything but competitive…

(Adding an in-game voice chat option would be nice, so that we could talk to eachother by one click rather than setting up TS and whatnot… wont solve all problems but would be a good start)

enthusiastic noob

(edited by Nimrud.5642)

in PvP

Malediktus.9250

you would rather have their carry trash an emerald/sapphire game by completely dominating? which also allows the pros to trash your games by queuing with ambers?

I would rather enforce a +-15 pip range for parties. Or make a solo/duo queue

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

There are some good players that say play alt accounts or just came back to game?

Attachments:

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

(edited by Cynz.9437)

in PvP

Malediktus.9250

Too bad for them. But a lot of people are as bad as division suggests

in PvP

Malediktus.9250

Was doing a casual duoQ with a friend from ruby division (he was legendary last season so i think he is good enough) and this happened.
How is this even possible with a search range of +-15 pips? Only possible if all those legendaries had 0 pips in legendary, but I am doubtful since they played really good.

Anyway 90% of the matches end in blowouts no matter if its a win or loss. Really boring!

Attachments:

(edited by Malediktus.9250)

in PvP

Posted by: SoPP.7034

SoPP.7034

After reaching 11 pips in diamond after hard work I got caught in a downward spiral and the following screen shows what happens to me more often than it should.

Honestly, I’d say you were lucky. Being 1 pip from diamond a few times now, only for the genius that is MMR to give me a game like this.

Just one game shy, ANet has no idea.

Attachments:

A warrior, a guardian, and an elementalist walk into an open field…
The Warrior turns to the guardian and says, “Did you hear something?”
Guardian replies, “No, but how’d the elementalist die?”

in PvP

Posted by: Kossuth.2168

Kossuth.2168

Was doing a casual duoQ with a friend from ruby division (he was legendary last season so i think he is good enough) and this happened.
How is this even possible with a search range of +-15 pips? Only possible if all those legendaries had 0 pips in legendary, but I am doubtful since they played really good.

Anyway 90% of the matches end in blowouts no matter if its a win or loss. Really boring!

Legendary last season means nothing, you should stop assuming that along with assuming it´s all matchmaking faults.

The match you are showing looks fine to me, those Legendaries most probably just arrived to the division so are considered Diamond top tier and within +15 pips range. You are supposed to win matches against people above you in order to CLIMB the ladder, try to understand that. If you are not able to win matches against people above you, you will NOT climb. Stop grinding games and becoming this crazy and start improving yourself. My advice, open your mind and think about what you can do instead of blaming other people/the system.

in PvP

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

So i finally grinded my way out of diamond hell hole into legendary.

My experience was really terrible, I got to T5 diamond, fell to 0 pip, lost like 60 games with an odd win here and there and was basically in MMR hell hole. I got paired with stuff like thief x 3, mesmer x 4, warrior x 2 and just generally unplayable comps. It didn’t help I played weird timezones so the MMR bracket was probably huge. I was getting rubies and even at 0 pip one game I fought my friend who is in legend.

I know most people will say MMR or ELO-Hell isn’t real but the quality of players I was getting was really embarassing to say the least. Eventally I made a few friends and climbed out of the hell hole with duo queue. Got a lot better towards legendary, I could actually play around my team depending on comp because I know that they can actually do what their class requires them to do.

Many of my enemies (and sometimes team mates) throughout diamond do stupid things. Like ele solo push far on enemy capped point as a d/f cleric or druid who could sit on ledge and watch home/assist mid on legacy but decides to jump into the mid fight and loses home etc. People like this makes game so much harder than they have to be yet somehow they’re in diamond because reasons.

T7 diamond was kinda bad, I kept getting people in legendary that were just doing profession wins and mucking around. Unfortunate but whatever.

Anyway, this experience has been terrible in part due to the MMR system not really working very well at all imo.

ps. I also hate Java from PZ for stealing all mah pipz on an alt account

Attachments:

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

(edited by fishball.7204)

in PvP

Malediktus.9250

Legendary last season means nothing, you should stop assuming that along with assuming it´s all matchmaking faults.

The match you are showing looks fine to me, those Legendaries most probably just arrived to the division so are considered Diamond top tier and within +15 pips range. You are supposed to win matches against people above you in order to CLIMB the ladder, try to understand that. If you are not able to win matches against people above you, you will NOT climb. Stop grinding games and becoming this crazy and start improving yourself. My advice, open your mind and think about what you can do instead of blaming other people/the system.

I doubt they were new to legendary. They were ESL level legendaries (not going to say names). Does the pip search range becomes larger than +-15 pips if queue takes longer than 5min?
And nah I cannot be bothered to improve better than I am. I will just grind out tons of games and become another ragequit inducing baddie in legendary

in PvP

Posted by: Helly.2597

Helly.2597

snip

I believe the pip range increases after five minutes and then has a cap it reaches at around 10 minutes. But that might be me misremembering.

People call me Hobo.
Violent Tendency [vT]
Ferguson’s Crossing Roamer

in PvP

Posted by: Dartanian.9623

Dartanian.9623

Diamond is/was hell. Got me so tilted.

IGN: Mycasa Ackrman

in PvP

Malediktus.9250

Guess what, there is one more bad player in legendary now
Almost purely blowouts…

Attachments:

in PvP

godsie.2864

why post this! unless to satisfy elitism

in PvP

SoPP.7034

Cause it’s not elitism it’s anet system.

This picture is from my alt account that’s currently mid ruby. I can safely tell you that my main acct HAD NO WHERE NEAR this good a run. The key difference is that i spend most my time on my main (obviously) I only play on my alt acct. when I’m basically 100% familiar with the profession I’m playing.

I get placed in good teams because my MMR is good.

It’s that simple.

Attachments:

in PvP

godsie.2864

yep I’m screwed then!

in PvP

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Honestly, I’d say you were lucky. Being 1 pip from diamond a few times now, only for the genius that is MMR to give me a game like this.

Just one game shy, ANet has no idea.

Why not switch to another class such as an Ele?

in PvP

SoPP.7034

The alt acct seems to be doing fine, with all those wins. Why would I need to use ele?

in PvP

Ayrilana.1396

How many different classes should one play?

At least two. The reason that I suggested Ele was because it became apparent, at least to me, that the other team capped the points early on and likely never lost them. With a more balanced comp, and better rotations probably, they were able to shut down your team. If you had an Ele, you could have provide support to those necros.

in PvP

SoPP.7034

If you had an Ele

You weren’t there so I’ll let you go on trying to over simplify the situation. One ele swap wasn’t going to make much difference.

in PvP

insanemaniac.2456

If you had an Ele

You weren’t there so I’ll let you go on trying to over simplify the situation. One ele swap wasn’t going to make much difference.

you were but all i see you doing is complaining and not analyzing

in PvP

Posted by: Mika.6174

Mika.6174

The thread was about the OP losing 11 points, his post looks like its sympathising. Additionally I see the PZ guy on his alt in that pic too, did you analyze that?

in PvP

Ayrilana.1396

If you had an Ele

Well I’m just going off what I see. Your team got completely shut down and ut’s likely not due to just skill level. I saw that your team had three necros with practically no support for them. No, a druid cannot support all three. If your team had more sustain, you may have done better.

Considering the personal scores of everyone was very low, I came to the conclusion that they the other team did not need to cap points often. Most of their points probably came from kills. Based on the time remaining for the match, they most likely held on to two points the entire time and possibly your home point for an extended period. The reaper probably was the one to kill your lord. Your team was also likely unable to even get kills as well.

in PvP

SoPP.7034

Well I’m just going off what I see.

Exactly, which isn’t much.

There were no afkers or d/c, we were completely outplayed. What you’re saying isn’t wrong as such, so it gives your ideas some traction. But as I said, your over simplifying it, one ele wasn’t going to turn that game around.

EDIT:
Saw you post this in the other thread, so you do know.

Ah. Unlike most teams that I fought, you must have gotten placed against one of the ones that knew what they were doing and did it very well.

(edited by SoPP.7034)

in PvP

Ayrilana.1396

Well I’m just going off what I see.

Exactly, which isn’t much.

There were no afkers or d/c, we were completely outplayed. What you’re saying isn’t wrong as such, so it gives your ideas some traction. But as I said, your over simplifying it, one ele wasn’t going to turn that game around.

EDIT:
Saw you post this in the other thread, so you do know.

Ah. Unlike most teams that I fought, you must have gotten placed against one of the ones that knew what they were doing and did it very well.

Since there’s no video to see how the match played out, all I can go with is the screenshot and how I think the match had played out. Unfortunately you did not go to the next page to show if any of them were on a pre-made so I didn’t comment about it.

You’d be surprised what a single Ele could do on a team with no support and especially one with that many necros. You still may not have won the match but your team would probably have done better. Your team was either not doing enough damage, or they were getting killed before they could.

I was just commenting about what could have been done better and not what would have won you the match. There are too many unknown variables for me to claim that.

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

in PvP

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

of course my win rate is low, I play all classes to get the achievements, even if I am horrible at them.

No you don’t, you switch classes just before the end of a winning match to get the achievments, you already admitted it yourself in another thread… see below

I got all classes 10/10 wins because of this. If you have kitten you can easily relog at 475+ for lowest chance to ruin it. You only need to be in map loading screen when match ends.

in PvP

Malediktus.9250

of course my win rate is low, I play all classes to get the achievements, even if I am horrible at them.

No you don’t, you switch classes just before the end of a winning match to get the achievments, you already admitted it yourself in another thread… see below

I got all classes 10/10 wins because of this. If you have kitten you can easily relog at 475+ for lowest chance to ruin it. You only need to be in map loading screen when match ends.

That first post was talking about Year of Ascension part 3, but for part 4 I used to relog trick to not ruin my MMR again incase MMR is of relevance for season 3.

How? I told noone to “get good” or that MMR hell does not exist. In fact I still believe that most matches are uncarrieable unless you play on ESL level and can win 1v2 or 1v3 reliably. So without high MMR to get good team mates you will have a much harder time to reach diamond or legendary. If you have very high MMR you could probably afk in spawn and still win 50% of the matches because the other 4 people in your team will be good enough to beat 5 lower MMR people.

in PvP

Posted by: Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

That first post was talking about Year of Ascension part 3, but for part 4 I used to relog trick to not ruin my MMR again incase MMR is of relevance for season 3.

I sure hope I’m not going to carry my burden to the next season. I swear to god I’m not going to waste my time knowing what await me if it is the case.

in PvP

insanemaniac.2456

The thread was about the OP losing 11 points, his post looks like its sympathising. Additionally I see the PZ guy on his alt in that pic too, did you analyze that?

op is just kittening too

in PvP

Posted by: Eater of Peeps.9062

Eater of Peeps.9062

Your ranked winrate is 46% according to your API key, and you have a bazillion games. The matchup you posted is unfortunate, but I’d say you should be happy you made it as far as you did.

Based on the data id speculate that you got Legend in S1 based on volume, and are exactly the kind of player matchmaking was changed to combat.

Or else he’s a great player, who has gotten caught in the downward spiral of mmr hell, where loss begets loss, hence his win/loss ratio has tanked.

And r u saying that at the top at legendary u r all now Thrilled w/ the player base? How nice for you that u never have to encounter a kitten player. What about the rest of us? What does our game play look like ea game, ea day? O, that’s rt – u could care less. U only care about ur gameplay. Thanks a lot. Guess when the game dies and there’s no more money for esports u will rethink whether it would have been better to fight kitten players on the way up, taking it slower to the top, and then to have to occasionally play a player who had the temerity to grind it out to the top anyway (even tho their precious skill was lacking).

Gotta make sure everyone that the pros are not inconvenienced by anything. Do it at the expense of all the players … and possibly the game.

What a snob.

in PvP

SoPP.7034

You still may not have won the match

Which is that really needs to be said for season 2.

So just to reiterate,1 ele wouldn’t have made any difference.

in PvP

Ayrilana.1396

You still may not have won the match

Which is that really needs to be said for season 2.

So just to reiterate,1 ele wouldn’t have made any difference.

Depending on the skill level of the opposing team possibly. It still would have made your team better off.

in PvP

Posted by: Rednik.3809

Rednik.3809

Or else he’s a great player, who has gotten caught in the downward spiral of mmr hell, where loss begets loss, hence his win/loss ratio has tanked.

From this thread it looks like he is a guy who belongs to emerald, but instead bought boost to diamond and then second boost to legend. So much for useless AP chase.

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters

in PvP

SoPP.7034

It still would have made your team better off.

So instead of 10 points we made 50, or maybe 100? An ele wouldn’t have made much difference, but we’ve established that by now.