My main problem with PvP

My main problem with PvP

in PvP

Posted by: MarcusKilgannon.5048

MarcusKilgannon.5048

Regardless of the amount of maps, the balancing issues (which for me is huge since Ranger’s are as useful as a fish out of water which is disappointing since the massive buff to underwater combat for some inexplicable reason), bugs, and tournament wait times. I am tired to the point were I haven’t played in 3 weeks because of Conquest.

I’m not saying the variant is bad, but the only variant so long after release? Are you serious? The game could have 10 new maps added and if they are still Conquest, I’m still going to wait for patch notes for new types before I even bother. It’s frustrating me enough that I don’t even care to play WvW or PvE either. I still haven’t played on the new PvP map because I found out it was conquest. Does this bother as many as I think it would? The mists have been empty and anyone who loves PvP is not going to sit around rehashing the same variant 24/7. In particular, where the hell is capture the flag?

Guild Wars will never attract a large pvp community if this is not going to be addressed. Even the idea that people are leaving because gear is the same is ridiculous. Halo 4 gives you the exact same gear level but they have over 8 different variants already (it’s been out for 3 weeks!) and its attracting huge attention.

My main problem with PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Trevos.6473

Trevos.6473

You won’t wee new game modes in the near future because the “class balance” made around conquest. Imagine a CTF etc where thiefs porting around with flags(huss huss i don’t want too see this picture)

My main problem with PvP

in PvP

Posted by: MarcusKilgannon.5048

MarcusKilgannon.5048

You won’t wee new game modes in the near future because the “class balance” made around conquest. Imagine a CTF etc where thiefs porting around with flags(huss huss i don’t want too see this picture)

If the game stays as just “Conquest” PvP will never amount to anything large. Maybe like 5% of a player base would be fine with one variant.

My main problem with PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Trevos.6473

Trevos.6473

It’s true, just the mechanics don’t allow different modes as i see. I mentioned CTF, but another one is assault etc, with those tons of knock, knock down, stun, pull, push skills these modes can’t be good.

My main problem with PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Zosk.5609

Zosk.5609

Class balance is not made around “conquest”…. you’re giving them too much credit. If it was, and their goal was to promote group play, they’d not allow a system based often on solo bunkers and voice chat instead of actual group fighting over the flags?

My main problem with PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Choops.3710

Choops.3710

woe be to them that defend, for verily I say unto thee, your patience and temper will be broken against the wall of the ever living zerg

Pikachoops – Engineer, Fort Aspenwood