My problem with the leaderboards (elo-heaven)

in PvP

Posted by: Baldric.6781

Baldric.6781

So, my problem with the leaderboards it’s easy. Why the hell i’m freaking 410 when i know for sure that i’ve never ever ever been that good at this pvp think.

Seriously, what the kitten is going on ? Sure i’m not a bad player, probably a better than average player, but 410!! in europe!!, when the queue is actually fast, which means a lot of people playing, well, atleast more than before ?

There is people claiming that they are in some elo hell, then i’m sure i’m in a freaking elo heaven and i shouldn’t be there. Get your kitten together, i’m not that good.

It’s also worst because since some months ago, i’m not playing seriously, why the hell i have better rank when i’m not even trying. I didn’t go to see my leaderboards till now because i thought, i don’t care, and they will be something like 50% because i screwed a lot with useless builds and lost a lot of games. And now, out of curiosity, i go to leaderboards, and i see that. I’ve been carried and i don’t like it.

I don’t deserve that rank!!!

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: Nary Why Irk.8150

Nary Why Irk.8150

400 is not elo ""heaven""
That is 1-150
And anyway we often get amateurs in our matches (very often) due to mm nature

in PvP

Posted by: Kugron.5128

Kugron.5128

I’d personally like an explanation as to why when I win 4-5 matches in a row that I fall 20-30 spots in the leaderboard. Seriously how is this even possible?

in PvP

Posted by: lvis.3824

lvis.3824

Elo can never do its job , because the playerbase is much too low !

(edited by lvis.3824)

in PvP

Posted by: Errant Venture.9371

Errant Venture.9371

GW2 doesn’t use elo. The leaderboard standings are claculated using a modified version of Glicko-2 and the rankings it produce are completely incomp-rehensible to players (in part because Anet refuses to disclose the actual calculations used for the establishing rank)

I’ve never really understood why they didn’t just use the simple, ihghly effective Elo ladder system that worked for 8+ years in GW1

The Battle Bakery [vPie]

in PvP

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

I’d personally like an explanation as to why when I win 4-5 matches in a row that I fall 20-30 spots in the leaderboard. Seriously how is this even possible?

You need to start playing against experts instead of newbies. It goes of mmr, if you keep playing against newbies you wont go anywhere.

in PvP

Posted by: Errant Venture.9371

Errant Venture.9371

You need to start playing against experts instead of newbies. It goes of mmr, if you keep playing against newbies you wont go anywhere.

MMR and leaderboard rank are completely unrelated to one another, and we’ve got about a half dozen red posts confirming that. We have no information at all about how leaderboard calculations + decay are performed

The Battle Bakery [vPie]

in PvP

Posted by: Xista.7391

Xista.7391

Yeah I went from rank 1000 > 700 in a night. Then the next night 700 > 300.

I am probably horrible at PvP. All I have played is a guardian bunker and just camped mid while dodge-rolling and praying not to die.

If i actually played a DPS class, I’d get my (&(& handed to me.

In-game opinions of Skyhammer: http://i.imgur.com/FKymDjC.jpg

in PvP

Posted by: Klinch.2964

Klinch.2964

I some how got to 140 at one point. I lost about 8 games in a row one day ankitten ow at 90%ish. I like where I am now though because not everyone runs the textbook best build, so I can actually have fun with random builds without getting completely hammered (pun intended for warriors).