My reason for having no urge to play.

in PvP

Posted by: Jake Dressler.8204

Jake Dressler.8204

I came to this game for one reason, to pvp. So far this game proves it has the potential to have amazing pvp. There are a few things lacking however, that leave me bored after only 30 or so minutes of playing.

Game Modes: As it stands now, there is pretty much only one spvp game mode, and I can’t help but wonder why Anet would launch a game bent on pvp with so few options. We need a Team Deathmatch game mode, last team standing, free for all deathmatch, last man standing, attack and defend the objectives(there are so many variations on this type that there are way too many to list), capture the flag, kill the leader(not npc), and lastly we need our own Guild Keeps like in GW1 that we can pit against other guilds, for actual GvG battles and need a leaderboard for such.

THIS is what is keeping me from playing the game. Playing Spvp becomes stale too quickly. There needs to be more variety amongst other things… but I feel this alone would bring back a lot of the Spvp population that has vanished.

in PvP

Posted by: Tito.3270

Tito.3270

So far they haven’t been able to balance the pvp around a single gamemode, how should they do it with several gamemodes?

in PvP

Posted by: miracle.4216

miracle.4216

So far they haven’t been able to balance the pvp around a single gamemode, how should they do it with several gamemodes?

I honestly wouldn’t care if they threw away conquest in sPvP all together and focused on TDM and Capture the Leader. No one I know likes conquest objectives or eventually got “bored” of it. Never liked it to begin with, gave it some time and still hasn’t “grown” on me. I stopped playing.

This has absolutely nothing to do with balance. I wouldn’t mind playing an unbalanced game temporarily as long as it’s at least interesting in the slightest bit.

in PvP

Posted by: Rhydian.5412

Rhydian.5412

They better concentrate on keeping a pvp population at all before concentrating on a few maps which are essentially identical and boring.

in PvP

Posted by: Jake Dressler.8204

Jake Dressler.8204

I’m not worried about balance as much as I am about variety. A well coordinated group will always seem unbalanced against an uncoordinated group. There are counters to every spec in this game.

in PvP

Posted by: oflow.2157

oflow.2157

Honestly for me when its all said and done so far they really need to do some rebalancing of the classes. Currently half the classes are pigeon-holed into certain specs and it pretty much makes most of the gearing choices irrelevant. Bunkers are super prevelant because these classes cant spec into other specs and be relevant.

in PvP

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

Just like how they’re desperately trying to balance classes for WvW right?

Besides Mesmer Portal that is.