My thoughts of PvP since september 2013

in PvP

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

First of all, I want to start off saying how kittenED I am due to not being able to spend my millions of glory I had saved up.

Next, how kittenED I am due to not being able to open up all my Match Win Reward Chests to complete my set of unique PvP skins not obtainable in PvE, WvW.

Thirdly, how kittenED I am due to the game converting my skins to PvE skins, (HINT HINT: I PvP, keep my PvP skins for PvP…. At least give me a choice)

Fourth, how kittenED I am due to having to spend transmutations on skins… I switch quite often, and having to spend transmutations on skins makes me not want to be unique. ITS PVP, THERE SHOULD BE NO TRANSMUTATIONS FOR SKINS, I SHOULD BE ABLE TO SWITCH FREELY.

Another REALLY BIG thing that upset me, I can no longer buy PvP ONLY high slot bags (20 slots for 500 glory), from EARNING my way to the high ranks.

Next, the reward track… ZERO THINGS TO DEAL WITH PVP. No armor or weapon skins, just PvE GARBAGE…. Could have been spent better like, ON YOUR WAY TO OWN YOUR OWN CUSTOM ARENA or something pvp related.

Than we got the rank points system, basically all you guys did was put the max to rank up 20,000 points… And you get easy 1k or 300 points a game. That’s a rank a day AT LEAST. Only takes 80 days to get to rank 80, that’s a JOKE. You got so many rank 80s it makes ranking up in PvP feel not as exciting as it once was. I easily found a rank 80 player, and lemme tell you THEY ARE EVERYWHERE because its so EASY to rank up to 80.

Next, the tournaments haven’t changed one bit since September 2013, its still boring to participate in them and you never in a high value match like the back then 8 team tournaments at the final match for the big reward. Having tournament tickets had a certain good feeling and winning the tournaments was quite an accomplishment.

Also all the pvp glory vendors and such are gone, which really makes the hearts of the mists feel dead, they should have made a new map for hearts of mists if they was going to remove a bunch of things from that map.

Another thing, putting a PvE vendor where the amulet pvp vendor is quite an insult. What this tells me is that some PvE player whined his way to free instance to hearts of mists to buy his gathering supplies and sell stuff and free instance back to wherever he was in PvE. Basically you turned PvP into PvE, and very upset the way the PvP developers are going about changing everything to make it more friendly for PvE and DESTORYING the PvP accomplishments and such…. Going up the stairs when I hit rank for to be able to buy the bags from the rank 40 glory vendor was a great feeling for me, now its all DESTROYED.

Also it doesn’t show rank anymore after the match, it use to be a way for players to tell how there friends and rivals are doing, but I guess since all of those people I pvped with they all rank 80 it doesn’t even matter anymore, because getting highest rank in pvp is pretty much a given.

Oh and the images is me figuring out why all my stuff is going missing. As you see in image 1 I have over 250 ranked match reward chests (WIN), and a few tiger chests and crafting materials. I goto a PVP zone… POOF ALL THAT ACCOMPLISHMENT from before VANISHED. That’s an insult and how I don’t get reimbursed for EARNING those chests and was never able to open them. ITS AN INSULT how I saved up OVER A MILLION GLORY and never was able to spend it. ITS AN INSULT how I was never able to use my PVP crafting materials and how I didn’t get reimbursed from them. Its AN INSULT that all of that stuff just vanished and not one note or reimbursement for ALL OF THAT TIME and EFFORT put into PvP.

Attachments:

(edited by uberkingkong.8041)

in PvP

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

kittenED

kittenED

kittenED

kittenED

GARBAGE

DESTORYING the PvP

DESTROYED.

ITS AN INSULT

ITS AN INSULT

ITS AN INSULT

Since the April 15th PvP reward overhaul, PvP has definitely been more active & vibrant.

Despite all of your reminiscing about the old Glory Vendors ‘making the mists feel so alive’, you seem to forget that the old PvP reward system was just absolutely, inexcusably bad.

It’s less agonizingly bad now, it has been much improved. However, the Reward Tracks need to expand to eventually cover some/most/all of the skins that were achievable in PvP before.

Also, it’s not really anybody’s fault but your own if your chests/glory were wasted. Pretty much nobody missed that boat, as it was announced well in advance.

Just like everybody else that’s still here – continue to play the game if you still like it, k? Or don’t.

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

in PvP

Posted by: Trigr.6481

Trigr.6481

kittenED

kittenED

kittenED

kittenED

GARBAGE

DESTORYING the PvP

DESTROYED.

ITS AN INSULT

ITS AN INSULT

ITS AN INSULT

Since the April 15th PvP reward overhaul, PvP has definitely been more active & vibrant.

Despite all of your reminiscing about the old Glory Vendors ‘making the mists feel so alive’, you seem to forget that the old PvP reward system was just absolutely, inexcusably bad.

It’s less agonizingly bad now, it has been much improved. However, the Reward Tracks need to expand to eventually cover some/most/all of the skins that were achievable in PvP before.

Also, it’s not really anybody’s fault but your own if your chests/glory were wasted. Pretty much nobody missed that boat, as it was announced well in advance.

Just like everybody else that’s still here – continue to play the game if you still like it, k? Or don’t.

Nobodies fault that but his that chests/glory were wasted? Try saying that to Kensuda, and he’s on your team..lol. The fact that they didn’t provide a vendor after the patch is inexcusable, and lazy. You shouldn’t have to keep in touch with the forums or the website in general like a daily or weekly paper to not get screwed over. Adding a vendor to spend your glory after the fact wouldn’t have hurt anyone. That’s just ignorance plain and simple.

Countless

in PvP

Chaith.8256

kittenED

kittenED

kittenED

kittenED

GARBAGE

DESTORYING the PvP

DESTROYED.

ITS AN INSULT

ITS AN INSULT

ITS AN INSULT

Nobodies fault that but his that chests/glory were wasted? Try saying that to Kensuda, and he’s on your team..lol. The fact that they didn’t provide a vendor after the patch is inexcusable, and lazy. You shouldn’t have to keep in touch with the forums or the website in general like a daily or weekly paper to not get screwed over. Adding a vendor to spend your glory after the fact wouldn’t have hurt anyone. That’s just ignorance plain and simple.

Countless

I just can’t believe people aren’t over this yet.

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh

in PvP

Posted by: Aquin.3192

Aquin.3192

Uber,

They clearly spoke with their actions. It’s hard… but it’s time to be part of the solution, give up like the rest of us, and move on to newer/better games.

I understand the passion you share and we all are disappointed how they squandered the opportunity that the game engine and community provided.

kitten … look at me I haven’t played this game in months but I still feel nostalgic about viewing the forums.

Ackwin R53 Thief – Evading like a boss!

twitch.tv/hotjoinhero

in PvP

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

Chaith, I took a long break of this game and things haven’t changed in a good way one bit.

If anything, the gw2 pvp developers made it easy for PvE’ers to farm rank and become rank 80.

in PvP

Posted by: XGhoul.7426

XGhoul.7426

kittenED

kittenED

kittenED

kittenED

GARBAGE

DESTORYING the PvP

DESTROYED.

ITS AN INSULT

ITS AN INSULT

ITS AN INSULT

Countless

I just can’t believe people aren’t over this yet.

I will agree on this point, there is no reason to qq over some update that happened months before you “quit”.

in PvP

Chaith.8256

Chaith, I took a long break of this game and things haven’t changed in a good way one bit.

If anything, the gw2 pvp developers made it easy for PvE’ers to farm rank and become rank 80.

You seem to have a ‘them vs. us’ attitude with PvE/WvW players. If PvP becomes more appealing to people who primarily play other modes, why not just enjoy the population increase in PvP? Instead, all updates that reduce barriers for PvE/WvW players seems to directly ruin your experience :P.

People are already taking megaservers and the good population increase for granted. I think it’s a nice reprieve from the endless ‘PvP is DEAD’ threads. Don’t you?

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh

in PvP

Posted by: Lian Olsam.9541

Lian Olsam.9541

where is pvp? team arena, ok and then? soloq is not pvp, its a tournament of luck, we need more mode, and also a real solo pvp 2v2 etc etc… i found this stuff in some free browser game!!!! how it is possible dont have it in gw2?!
alot ppl asked it and they never respond…
if we should have a good pvp variety i think the other thoughts will disappear

in PvP

Posted by: Empathetic Fighter.2065

Empathetic Fighter.2065

This game has no future regarding PvP. There are just too many things that have to be done. If we look at the pace of updates and the understanding this development has of its own game, then you either quit or accept that this game is only for casuals and not for dedicated pvp-players that search for depth.

Read It Backwards [BooN]