My "yes but no" to the pvp rewards change

in PvP

Posted by: CMstorm.8679

CMstorm.8679

Im pretty sure the change is being implemented because of the Skyhammer farmers. I mean that’s how I see it. But before Skyhammer came out, I felt that I had actually earned my way up through the ranks, being able to craft or use new armor/weapon skins and it was rewarding because you started off with crappy starter skins and as you gained rank points and new ranks, you were able to get better skins. The higher rank finishers were also cool to see before people started Skyhammer farming.
I love Glory being Pvp currency and I hope it doesn’t actually end up getting removed. Glory just feels right for Pvp imo.
Getting armor in Pve is generally easy if you are just going for skins below lvl 80 (transmute stones/crystals). But in Pvp, you do have to earn your way through the ranks to get that CoF armor.
One thing that bothered me was earning the cultural skins in Pvp. Yeah you had to be a super high rank and it just seemed impossible to ever earn because you needed SO MANY rank points to get it I was hoping that the rank points you earn in tpvp would be significantly increased depending on your contribution to your team/support/win etc. 500 rank points just isn’t enough in tpvp even if u did win every single match.
Overall the change sounds very rough and not nearly as rewarding just because you’ll then be able to xfer armor/weapon skins to and from Pvp. Earning the skins in Pvp is what makes it unique imo… on the side, it’s also nice that you can get the skins from the Living Story content and holiday item skins as well in Pvp.

Yes, but no…

in PvP

Posted by: Sea.5732

Sea.5732

yeah i agree, seems this new system is due to the farmers, a-net should just man-up and roll them back.

in PvP

Posted by: CMstorm.8679

CMstorm.8679

I’m scared. even if it is months down the road…I still like being able to feel rewarded when i earn new skins from matches.
Back in the early day when tpvp rewarded gems, I wish i would’ve gotten in on that, but it was a good thing it was removed. Now… i’m really ticked off that I didn’t save my reward chests or most of my glory, because glory will go bye-bye if it does

in PvP

Posted by: Proven.2854

Proven.2854

Honestly, this wouldn’t even be a problem if we had skins a bunch more skins that were exclusive to each PvP and PvE. Instead of having two paths to the same thing and people grinding their way through the path of least resistance, you’d instead have people using their special armor or weapon as a trophy for conquering a certain objective in a certain mode. Same issue with WvW and the fact that it needs something exclusive to it other than the Invader set.

The recent issue with the Flamekissed gem armor comes to mind.

Call me Smith.

in PvP

Posted by: Justin ODell.9517

Justin ODell.9517

PvP Server Programmer

Next

Honestly, this wouldn’t even be a problem if we had skins a bunch more skins that were exclusive to each PvP and PvE. Instead of having two paths to the same thing and people grinding their way through the path of least resistance, you’d instead have people using their special armor or weapon as a trophy for conquering a certain objective in a certain mode. Same issue with WvW and the fact that it needs something exclusive to it other than the Invader set.

If you want exclusive PvP gear then please, please, please, post that in the rewards discussion.

- Cough -
- Cough -

Server Programmer (sPvP)
Isle of Janthir: Flux, Latch, Aegir

in PvP

Posted by: risenlord.2035

risenlord.2035

All this talk of rewards is meant to blindside us from the upcoming changes to pvp no? Totally gut the spvp ranking system but thats ok if we give the players new shiney’s. I think you might be missing the point devs. People here like ranks starting from 0 is just plain wrong.

Upcoming changes to glory? what do we spend our glory on before it gets scrapped? A better system would be to convert your glory into gold or gems based on the ratio of gold rewards in the new system.

While I agree pvp needs a massive overhaul you are screwing all the legitimate players who earned ranks and glory. Upcoming changes to the reward system is an excellent idea. Gold in place of glory another excellent idea. Your implementation of the new system though doesn’t seem right to me.

in PvP

Sea.5732

All this talk of rewards is meant to blindside us from the upcoming changes to pvp no? Totally gut the spvp ranking system but thats ok if we give the players new shiney’s. I think you might be missing the point devs. People here like ranks starting from 0 is just plain wrong.

Upcoming changes to glory? what do we spend our glory on before it gets scrapped? A better system would be to convert your glory into gold or gems based on the ratio of gold rewards in the new system.

While I agree pvp needs a massive overhaul you are screwing all the legitimate players who earned ranks and glory. Upcoming changes to the reward system is an excellent idea. Gold in place of glory another excellent idea. Your implementation of the new system though doesn’t seem right to me.

oh oh! this! couldn’t of said better myself =P

in PvP

Previous

Justin ODell.9517

PvP Server Programmer

Next

Upcoming changes to the reward system is an excellent idea. Gold in place of glory another excellent idea. Your implementation of the new system though doesn’t seem right to me.

We haven’t released any details about the new reward system. The rewards going in December 10th are more of a way of rewarding players for the glory they have earned before we retire it.

We have talked about various ways to handle retiring glory, and we’re still open to those discussions.

Server Programmer (sPvP)

in PvP

Posted by: Big Tower.5423

Big Tower.5423

I like the new system allows me to get my Anonimity hood and t3 over to spvp

7800 hours ingame, and counting.

in PvP

risenlord.2035

Upcoming changes to the reward system is an excellent idea. Gold in place of glory another excellent idea. Your implementation of the new system though doesn’t seem right to me.

We haven’t released any details about the new reward system. The rewards going in December 10th are more of a way of rewarding players for the glory they have earned before we retire it.

We have talked about various ways to handle retiring glory, and we’re still open to those discussions.

I really dont like they way you guys pick and choose your quotes. You picked out the positive things you liked in my post without addressing the core of my concerns. How will current player ranking and time spent in pvp be reflected in the upcoming system changes?
Glory to gold would be excellent.

(edited by risenlord.2035)

in PvP

Previous

Justin ODell.9517

PvP Server Programmer

Next

I really dont like they way you guys pick and choose your quotes. You picked out the positive things you liked in my post with addressing the core of my concerns.

I pick out the things I can actually answer with at least some bit of authority. I’m not a designer and I’m not working on rewards so I cannot answer every post or every part of a post.

I’m also limited to only talking about things we agree we are ready to talk about.

Server Programmer (sPvP)

(edited by Justin ODell.9517)

in PvP

risenlord.2035

How will current player rankings and achievements be reflected in the upcoming system?

Thank you for your quick response time. A+

in PvP

Posted by: Ormiga.6183

Ormiga.6183

How will current player rankings and achievements be reflected in the upcoming system?

in PvP

Sea.5732

would like time frame and skyhammer farmers to be punished via rollback.

in PvP

Posted by: Killthehealersffs.8940

Killthehealersffs.8940

In every NCP in the mist atm you can buy 5 dailies <<Toxic Seed Box>> that legmetly convert glory > gold :P

in PvP

risenlord.2035

I mean a real legitimate glory to gold conversion Implemented by anet to cover our losses on glory. This would be after gold replaces glory as the pvp currency in game. I will sit on my glory rather than waste is buying toxic spores. I’ll be able to buy levels at the very least it’s something. The gold earned from toxic spores conversion isn’t what concerns me. It’s the amount of gold we can earn in the new system and will it be enough to buy pvp rewards or will we have to farm pve content just to stay in stride with the pve players coming over for season 1 spvp.

in PvP

Killthehealersffs.8940

If you constatly win in every match , then the gold per hour will be almost even as in PvE (80-85%) – i guess (because they are pushung more gear and finishers in the Black Market)
But if you loose , or you have team8s that dont want to listen to your orders or they constatly push far , because they cant stant their team8s to die … :PPP

in PvP

risenlord.2035

If you constatly win in every match , then the gold per hour will be almost even as in PvE (80-85%) – i guess (because they are pushung more gear and finishers in the Black Market)
But if you loose , or you have team8s that dont want to listen to your orders … :PPP

But how do you know this? Where is your source on this info? Even if it’s “almost as good” as a pve we aren’t making as much as a pve player. On top of that we will be competitive ladder grinding just to maintain ranks. So casual pvpers will get punished with little or no reward while good players make all the gold?

in PvP

Killthehealersffs.8940

I am just blowing up randomly numbers :P

Casual players like myself will be in HJ 24/7 trying out new maps

While Gold+Leaderboard + Gear (based on leaderbord) + pvp finishers will be our incetive to try solo-team PvP :P
Or even if we dont try them , we will still keep an interest in PvP as twitch viewer :P

in PvP

Posted by: Bevillian.1260

Bevillian.1260

• Do not remove the current emotes. They are a staple of Guild Wars 2
  • Do not remove being able to use these in PvE. That is a staple of Guild Wars 2
  • How these emotes are obtained is also a staple of Guild Wars 2
  • Polish your current emotes to make them look and sound better
  • Do not implement statistic ladders
  • Leave the rank system blueprint in place
  • Change points needed to get the ranks
  • Introduce more emotes in between current emotes
  • Implement Hall of Heroes and make at least 6 maps leading up to it.
Guild Wars 2 Needs Hall of Heroes

in PvP

risenlord.2035

Pinned topic on rank removal was just deleted by moderator.

in PvP

Sea.5732

Pinned topic on rank removal was just deleted by moderator.

lol yeah sad >.<

in PvP

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Please make 18 slot bags available from rank 30 ish ^^
i have been yearning for those and i am so close to getting them..

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

in PvP

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

Once ladders are implemented, ranks will be retired. To honor the effort that players have put into the rank system, existing players will be able to keep all unlocked rank finishers and will earn a special title based on your rank to show that you were there from the start. Variants of existing rank finishers will move to the ladder system and will be used to show your current standings on the ladder from season to season. The original finishers will not be earnable again.

I have mixed feelings about the changes, but this change is the one that infuriates me. This is essentially giving exploiters permanent rewards and making them unattainable to legitimate players.

Why should players who exploited Skyhammer get to keep their cool finishers while those of us who have been playing legitimately since the beginning never get the chance to obtain them?

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

in PvP

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

when need sugesstions how to waste glory

- let us change it to karma
- let buy dungeon tokens with this so ppl can buy the armor skins they want
- sell this guardian,warrior,elementalist ……. itemchests for some glory so we can buy the items for our new lvl 80 chars we will have soon^^

in PvP

Posted by: Flytrap.8075

Flytrap.8075

A thousand times this.

Fort Aspenwood | [Bags]

in PvP

Posted by: ZilentNight.5089

ZilentNight.5089

• Do not remove the current emotes. They are a staple of Guild Wars 2
  • Do not remove being able to use these in PvE. That is a staple of Guild Wars 2
  • How these emotes are obtained is also a staple of Guild Wars 2
  • Polish your current emotes to make them look and sound better
  • Do not implement statistic ladders
  • Leave the rank system blueprint in place
  • Change points needed to get the ranks
  • Introduce more emotes in between current emotes
  • Implement Hall of Heroes and make at least 6 maps leading up to it.

Hire this guy, I will pay for his salary!

in PvP

Posted by: Hawk.7628

Hawk.7628

Once ladders are implemented, ranks will be retired. To honor the effort that players have put into the rank system, existing players will be able to keep all unlocked rank finishers and will earn a special title based on your rank to show that you were there from the start. Variants of existing rank finishers will move to the ladder system and will be used to show your current standings on the ladder from season to season. The original finishers will not be earnable again.

I have mixed feelings about the changes, but this change is the one that infuriates me. This is essentially giving exploiters permanent rewards and making them unattainable to legitimate players.

Why should players who exploited Skyhammer get to keep their cool finishers while those of us who have been playing legitimately since the beginning never get the chance to obtain them?

This right here.
Why do the skyhammer farmers get to sit at the top with their fancy emote and title while were stuck with whatever rank we can grind legitimately before the change.

Stop rewarding cheaters and exploiters, it has been happening since launch. No rollbacks for skyhammer farmers and booster exploiters, while they sit there at r60+ with 1mil+ glory and laugh.

in PvP

Posted by: mini.6018

mini.6018

I should probably not give my opinion because i am barely rank 36.I only played wvw for one year consistently ,roaming solo and looking for duels and started pvp only 2 or 3 months ago.I still play for duels more than for capping and it’s fun when you don’t get zerged by more than 2 players.However i feel like my tiny litle wolf finisher still feelslike something when i use it in WvW or even in spvp against new players.Makes me feel i achieved something even if useless and had a long term goal to slowly rank up to better ones.

It’s a little funny though that everyone asked for legendaries in spvp .Now you can have them.If you only played pve.Something feels not right i guess.They sure do have strange ways to give people what they ask for.

(edited by mini.6018)

in PvP

Posted by: Crovax.7854

Crovax.7854

It’s a little funny that everyone asked for legendaries in spvp .Now you can have them.If you only played pve .Something feels not right i guess.

Meanwhile at ArenaNet:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfUM5xHUY4M

Seriously. Giving random PvE hero ‘Sunbringer’ access to prestigious
spvp armor and weapons? What are the people in charge of those changes thinking?

(edited by Crovax.7854)

in PvP

Posted by: Nabrok.9023

Nabrok.9023

Please make 18 slot bags available from rank 30 ish ^^
i have been yearning for those and i am so close to getting them..

The ranks and glory vendors aren’t going away on the December 10th patch, that is later.

You (and I) still have some time to get up to rank 40.

“I’m not a PvE, WvW, or PvP player – I am a Guild Wars 2 player”
Tarnished Coast – Dissentient [DIS]
All classes

in PvP

Posted by: Draco.9480

Draco.9480

You can’t eliminate Glory because it’s part of the PvP currency or it’ll become p2win skins. which doesn’t suit pvp at all. It’s nice to get extra gold but the main currency for pvp should be glory to buy ingredients/chests for pvp. gold is just a bonus in general.
We must not rely on gold to get cooler skins in pvp unless it’s legendary/ascended.
You have to add more combo stats so more builds will be used.
Need maps like capture the flag and new things.

in PvP

Previous

Justin ODell.9517

PvP Server Programmer

You can’t eliminate Glory because it’s part of the PvP currency or it’ll become p2win skins. which doesn’t suit pvp at all.

The vendors will be selling things for glory + gold, you can’t buy anything with just gold. Once the new reward system is and place, and glory is retired, those vendors will be removed and the new reward system will be the way to get things.

Server Programmer (sPvP)

in PvP

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

but how is it when glory is deleted?

for tomes?

can we buy tomes than for gold only?

in PvP

Posted by: Crovax.7854

Crovax.7854

You can’t eliminate Glory because it’s part of the PvP currency or it’ll become p2win skins. which doesn’t suit pvp at all.

The vendors will be selling things for glory + gold, you can’t buy anything with just gold. Once the new reward system is and place, and glory is retired, those vendors will be removed and the new reward system will be the way to get things.

You mean aside from the fact that the pve crowd already has all the prestigious armor and weapon skins from farming dungeons and spending gold on the tp?

in PvP

Posted by: Lighter.5631

Lighter.5631

would be nice if we can trade it for gold or rare skins.

“i think it’s an underserved nerf. now we have to slot a stun breaker??”
“berserker stance clears all CC on you and you’re still immune to CC for 8 seconds”
-Excalibur.9748

in PvP

Posted by: Zorgog.3908

Zorgog.3908

If you want exclusive PvP gear then please, please, please, post that in the rewards discussion.

- Cough -
- Cough -

I want both. I want to be able to go into candy land (pve/wvw) and have people wonder where I got the cool looking gear I received from pvp. Who know, maybe it’ll boost the population for pvp. I’ll check out that thread though.

PvP only
Team GASM

in PvP

Posted by: jalmari.3906

jalmari.3906

This right here.
Why do the skyhammer farmers get to sit at the top with their fancy emote and title while were stuck with whatever rank we can grind legitimately before the change.

Stop rewarding cheaters and exploiters, it has been happening since launch. No rollbacks for skyhammer farmers and booster exploiters, while they sit there at r60+ with 1mil+ glory and laugh.

I would be more concerned that players who actually gained their points and achievements and ranks and skins in legitimate way will be rewarded for all their trouble in decent way. It actually took me a good while getting my rank up to 36 since I don’t do much hotjoins or play spvp every day so I’ll be really disappointed if I am -again- put in some position where I am left with nothing in this game.

I am really happy that people who have HC interest in one field in game get their shinies somewhere be it fractals, wvw or spvp but it would be nice if people doing a bit of this and that would get rewards too. It is hard to get enough time in one aspect to get anything out of GW2. I really think that is what makes it feel grindy were it pvp or pve or whatever.

It is mostly irrelevant if glory farmers get accidentally rewarded too. As long as it doesn’t really take anything off from others.

Guardian 80 Necromancer 80 Ranger 80 Mesmer 80 Elementalist 80 Warrior 80

in PvP

Posted by: Nabrok.9023

Nabrok.9023

Why not just glory? I’m sure you’re aware that many who predominantly or exclusively PvP do not have much in the way of gold. Or … two tabs … one where you can buy with glory + gold and another where you can buy with a larger amount of glory and no gold.

I do think you guys jumped the gun on announcing this. You tell us you’re removing something, but give us no real details on what you will be replacing it with. I think you should have waited until you were ready to give more details about the new system.

Edit to add: I’m not an exclusively PvP player, but neither do I run a lot of champ farms, play the tp, or do other things that generally generate a lot of gold. I think at the moment I have around 70g. I do have around 170,000+ glory. I am concerned that I won’t be able to spend all that glory before it is removed due to the gold requirement … as I do need that gold for other stuff too.

“I’m not a PvE, WvW, or PvP player – I am a Guild Wars 2 player”
Tarnished Coast – Dissentient [DIS]
All classes

(edited by Nabrok.9023)