Mystery Coffers

Mystery Coffers

in PvP

Posted by: Metatail.1306

Metatail.1306

Anyone got some unique drops from them?
I’ve opened a little over 100 and all I got were items already found in Match Win chests. Post for science!

P.S. Confirmation window sucks!

Edit: To summarize – unique items from these coffers consist of r60 (Hawk), r70 (Frozen) and r80 (Bramble) weapons. Haven’t seen any other sets from these ranks dropping but ‘named’ weapons like Wing Shield (r70) can drop so we can assume it’s a possibility.
If you don’t want to do [too much] RNG you can buy T2 culturals for 3,5g and salvage them into Phoenix Tokens then craft a weapon of your choice. Same goes for Nightmare dungeon armor for 20g and Dragon Tokens.

(edited by Metatail.1306)

Mystery Coffers

in PvP

Posted by: Mightymealworm.8409

Mightymealworm.8409

I got one, it had a dark moon shield in it. I think that’s pretty cool, only because I had no idea those even existed. It is pretty ugly though…

Mystery Coffers

in PvP

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

I got one, it had a dark moon shield in it. I think that’s pretty cool, only because I had no idea those even existed. It is pretty ugly though…

you could get the shield before in match making chests… so nothing new

Mystery Coffers

in PvP

Posted by: ilcane.3081

ilcane.3081

I opened over 50 of these, and only got stuff I already have, and I’m rank 40.

Guess there’s no way to easily get any mid-rank stuff, you either open a billion coffers and get lucky, or buy Dungeon armors and salvage them for a chance of mid-rank Tokens.

It’s actually much easier to unlock Cultural armor than common mid-rank armor. -_-

Mystery Coffers

in PvP

Posted by: Lescansy.6174

Lescansy.6174

I’ve open 50. Result:
no Whisperer or equal (rank 50) equip.
no higher equip than rank 40.

this!

Mystery Coffers

in PvP

Posted by: rtnieuwboer.6071

rtnieuwboer.6071

i openend like 120 or something, got 8 dye’s. And guild back banner. Nothing special

Mystery Coffers

in PvP

Posted by: Teutos.8620

Teutos.8620

Would have been some cool stuff, be actually be able to gain something cool just for playing pvp. After seeing the gold price for the rest of the Armor boxes, I knew that the core-pvpler are getting screwed over, but I had hopes up for the Mystery Coffers…. well there goes the hope.

EU – Multiple times #1 SoloQ pre Dec 2014 (pure MMR based ladder)
Primoridal (S1) & Exalted (S2) & Illustrious (S3) Legend

Mystery Coffers

in PvP

Posted by: hooma.9642

hooma.9642

Would have been some cool stuff, be actually be able to gain something cool just for playing pvp. After seeing the gold price for the rest of the Armor boxes, I knew that the core-pvpler are getting screwed over, but I had hopes up for the Mystery Coffers…. well there goes the hope.

i said several times its a pve-update with pvp balancechanges. but nobody wanted listen. some ppl tried with backward reward of glory and gold to make in a pvp update. but pvp players just did not backed them up enough, so anet wasnt listen, good work indeed. seems u got what u wanted. nothing! pve got new toys.

Mystery Coffers

in PvP

Posted by: Michael.7382

Michael.7382

I got FROZEN wep from it. Smu?ka greets

Champion: >| Illusionist | Shadow | Phantom | Legionnaire | Magus | Hunter |<
r[5x] tPvP onlY.
|>>> 2000+ Tournament Matches won, still rising <<<|

Mystery Coffers

in PvP

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

Guess I’ll keep trying then. Opened about 100, nothing great.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

Mystery Coffers

in PvP

Posted by: josh.7390

josh.7390

frozen rifle in the 8th chest… but the next 92 chests were crap..

Mystery Coffers

in PvP

Michael.7382

2x frozen rifle 4me… but others got gs, mace etc

r[5x] tPvP onlY.

Mystery Coffers

in PvP

Metatail.1306

Just ran through another 100 of them and got a Bramble Hammer.

Mystery Coffers

in PvP

Posted by: Darnis.4056

Darnis.4056

PSA; gold conversion rate with winter’s day gifts is 5k glory 4gold o_o

Will the Real Pink Puma Please stand up?

Mystery Coffers

in PvP

Posted by: Syndarin Eledhwen.6513

Syndarin Eledhwen.6513

got a frozen hammer/staff and some bramble stuff..but it would take 1000 of chest to get your favour frozen weapon :S

Mystery Coffers

in PvP

Metatail.1306

Now to salvage frozen/bramble stuff and get phoenix/dragon tokens. Teeheehee!

Mystery Coffers

in PvP

Syndarin Eledhwen.6513

nope

Mystery Coffers

in PvP

Metatail.1306

nope

;(

Also Hawk items drop as well.

Mystery Coffers

in PvP

Michael.7382

what gold conversion?

r[5x] tPvP onlY.

Mystery Coffers

in PvP

ilcane.3081

I really can’t understand the logic behind the Mystery Coffer contents.

Since Crafting (and originally Rank) is going to disappear, this thing was supposed to supply us with all the Weapons and Armors that aren’t buyable separately (i.e. Dungeon and Cultural).
But, instead of dropping random unattainable equipment from any rank as they were supposed to, they seem to only drop stuff not higher than R40, except a handful of rare Weapon types (such as Frozen, Bramble, Hawk), making it nearly impossible to get all the R50+ Weapons and Armors that aren’t sold separately.

As of right now, the only way to get, say, Rank 60 Weapons, is to buy a bunch of R60 Dungeon Armors and salvage them, until you’ve got enough Tokens to craft what you want; I can’t imagine this ankward situation to be intentional, since Crafting is soon to disappear anyway.

Was there an oversight about this?

Mystery Coffers

in PvP

Posted by: exinax.2178

exinax.2178

Since Crafting (and originally Rank) is going to disappear, this thing was supposed to supply us with all the Weapons and Armors that aren’t buyable separately (i.e. Dungeon and Cultural).
But, instead of dropping random unattainable equipment from any rank as they were supposed to, they seem to only drop stuff not higher than R40, except a handful of rare Weapon types (such as Frozen, Bramble, Hawk), making it nearly impossible to get all the R50+ Weapons and Armors that aren’t sold separately.

As of right now, the only way to get, say, Rank 60 Weapons, is to buy a bunch of R60 Dungeon Armors and salvage them, until you’ve got enough Tokens to craft what you want; I can’t imagine this ankward situation to be intentional, since Crafting is soon to disappear anyway.

It is a possibility for people below the rank. Players who already reached the rank can still buy their chests and get the stuff

Mystery Coffers

in PvP

Metatail.1306

Tested. Possible.

Mystery Coffers

in PvP

ilcane.3081

It is a possibility for people below the rank. Players who already reached the rank can still buy their chests and get the stuff

But the old Rank vendors are going to be removed soon, most people won’t be able to reach Rank 60+ before then.
The new vendor was supposed to provide all those skins that wouldn’t have been realistically achievable by most players, hence the Dungeon and Cultural tabs.

But how comes all the less prestigeous Armors are actually much harder to obtain?
It doesn’t make much sense.

Mystery Coffers

in PvP

Posted by: exinax.2178

exinax.2178

But the old Rank vendors are going to be removed soon, most people won’t be able to reach Rank 60+ before then.
The new vendor was supposed to provide all those skins that wouldn’t have been realistically achievable by most players, hence the Dungeon and Cultural tabs.

But how comes all the less prestigeous Armors are actually much harder to obtain?

Remember that this vendor will also be removed when glory gets removed.
Anyway I think if it would be easy to get r50+ skins with the mystery coffers, we had the same kitten as with tournament chests. After a short time every skin is unlocked and you have no reason to get chests anymore.
I also think that mystery coffers are the reason why Magic Find is now counting for spvp as well.

Mystery Coffers

in PvP

ilcane.3081

Remember that this vendor will also be removed when glory gets removed.
Anyway I think if it would be easy to get r50+ skins with the mystery coffers, we had the same kitten as with tournament chests. After a short time every skin is unlocked and you have no reason to get chests anymore.
I also think that mystery coffers are the reason why Magic Find is now counting for spvp as well.

Magic Find drops are supposed to give you a reason to Salvage even when you have nothing to craft; it currently has no use in sPvP, but it will in the future.

What baffles me is that they made the “best” Armors easily available to anyone who gets enough Glory+Gold, but they introduced no realistic way to get the rest.
So now I can easily get Rank 80 Nightmare Set if I play enough, but it would cost me much more to make Rank 50 Champion Set (by salvaging other Dungeon sets), unless I reach that Rank in time?

How is this a reasonable system?

Mystery Coffers

in PvP

Posted by: Lithril Ashwalker.6230

Lithril Ashwalker.6230

arent we supposed to be able to convert pvp boxed armors to pve and vice versa soon?

Mystery Coffers

in PvP

ilcane.3081

^ That is unrelated, all sPvP skins should obviously be obtainable through sPvP alone.

Mystery Coffers

in PvP

Posted by: Moonjelly.3742

Moonjelly.3742

I don’t really understand it either.

I opened up 90+ boxes today and while I wasn’t thinking everything was going to be a gem as this is RNG, I didn’t really get anything I haven’t seen before in pvp. It appears that they actually have a rank cap on what armor could be obtained in these boxes and things like Flame Legion, Ascalon, Nightmare, etc wouldn’t be included.

In terms of rare things all I got 1-2 pieces from each armor type from Orrian, Kodan, and Inquest. 3 Kodan weapons, 3 Orrian weapons, 1 Bramble hammer, and 6 Nightmare weapons. The dozens of other items I got (the general pve karma style armor) I just salvaged.

Mystery Coffers

in PvP

Posted by: jonnis.2946

jonnis.2946

Ive opened quite a few coffers. Probably close to 100 now. Ive got 3 Hawk Weapons which are very rare skins in sPvP (but incredibly easy to attain in PvE -.-), a bramble weapon and a frozen weapon. They dont seem to contian any armor above rank 40, I suspect this is mostly down to the fact you can buy this armor in the other tabs for gold and glory and they wouldnt want to give it away randomly. I do however agree that, even with my luck, the chance for new equipment seems low. I’m in the rank 40s btw

Mystery Coffers

in PvP

Posted by: Zeon.8239

Zeon.8239

Someone should use their dragon token with a consumable token, orb, and a powder to make a dragon finisher and post it.

#ELEtism

Mystery Coffers

in PvP

Posted by: Chase.8415

Chase.8415

what gold conversion?

You’re able to buy 10 gifts for 200 glory, then sell them in the black lion trader for 14 silver or so. So basically, if you’re buying mystic chests you are literally throwing money away, about 20 silver each chest.

I guess from an economic standpoint, its not really adding gold into the economy, since it comes from other players.

Mystery Coffers

in PvP

Posted by: jonnis.2946

jonnis.2946

Someone should use their dragon token with a consumable token, orb, and a powder to make a dragon finisher and post it.

Tried 4 Bramble weapons, 3 slivers and 2 lucks, no token =( Didn’t want them anyway but seriously doubt this is possible

Mystery Coffers

in PvP

Posted by: jcbroe.4329

jcbroe.4329

I got powders from my brambles :/

Jroh | Former SOAC Ranger Podcaster | Platinum Division Top 100 Player
www.twitch.tv/itsJROH For stream, stream schedule, other streamers, builds, etc
https://www.youtube.com/user/JRoeboat

Mystery Coffers

in PvP

Posted by: Alissah.9281

Alissah.9281

They removed the ability to make finishers with the permanent account bound patch :/.

New Rainbow Guild – An open-minded guild exclusively for Transgender people!
Warning: link may contain traces of awesome.
Lyssa’s Grimoire – a guide every Mesmer should read.

Mystery Coffers

in PvP

Syndarin Eledhwen.6513

Tested. Possible.

can someone confirm that?

Mystery Coffers

in PvP

Posted by: Moonjelly.3742

Moonjelly.3742

Anyone got some unique drops from them?
I’ve opened a little over 100 and all I got were items already found in Match Win chests. Post for science!

Edit: To summarize – unique items from these coffers consist of r60 (Hawk), r70 (Frozen) and r80 (Bramble) weapons. Haven’t seen any other sets from these ranks dropping but ‘named’ weapons like Wing Shield (r70) can drop so we can assume it’s a possibility.
If you don’t want to do [too much] RNG you can buy T2 culturals for 3,5g and salvage them into Phoenix Tokens then craft a weapon of your choice. Same goes for Nightmare dungeon armor for 20g and Dragon Tokens.

With the talk about tokens got me thinking and I went and took a look at my pvp locker and every single token I got from the mystery coffers are tournament tokens. So I can confirm all the armor is Match Win only, as are most of the weapons like you said.

Mystery Coffers

in PvP

Posted by: Amaterasu.6280

Amaterasu.6280

Anyone able to successfully get a phoenix/dragon token from salavging?

I’ve salvaged both frozen + bramble stuff with no tokens.

Kuro – Thief – NA
Undercoverism [UC]

Mystery Coffers

in PvP

Posted by: ohmybob.2789

ohmybob.2789

I have gotten a dragon token from salvaging a bramble weapon. Used it to make the jormag sword.

Mystery Coffers

in PvP

Amaterasu.6280

I have gotten a dragon token from salvaging a bramble weapon. Used it to make the jormag sword.

Oh really, IDS?

What was the recipe?

Kuro – Thief – NA
Undercoverism [UC]

Mystery Coffers

in PvP

Posted by: ohmybob.2789

ohmybob.2789

Oh really, IDS?

What was the recipe?

It was sliver, powder, sword token and dragon token. I dont know if you get a random sword and i was just lucky or that you get IDS every time you use that recipe

Mystery Coffers

in PvP

Amaterasu.6280

Thanks for the heads up, much appreciated. I guess RNG is RNG! I’ll keep trying to salvage for a dragon token. Grats on the IDS! Must be cool.

Kuro – Thief – NA
Undercoverism [UC]

Mystery Coffers

in PvP

Posted by: Coulter.2315

Coulter.2315

I salvaged r60 CM armour and got a Phoenix token i assume it goes for the other tiers too.

Mystery Coffers

in PvP

Amaterasu.6280

I salvaged r60 CM armour and got a Phoenix token i assume it goes for the other tiers too.

You mean salvaging the armor you get from buying the full r60 set from the new vendor?

Kuro – Thief – NA
Undercoverism [UC]

Mystery Coffers

in PvP

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

You mean salvaging the armor you get from buying the full r60 set from the new vendor?

That would make sense

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

Mystery Coffers

in PvP

Metatail.1306

Oh really, IDS?

What was the recipe?

It was sliver, powder, sword token and dragon token. I dont know if you get a random sword and i was just lucky or that you get IDS every time you use that recipe

Went for it too. Got Afflicted Blade.

Mystery Coffers

in PvP

Posted by: Asomal.6453

Asomal.6453

Salvaged around 100 boxes. Got some bramble, frozen and hawk items. Too bad my only phoenix token got wasted trying to make a Butterfly Blade