Mystic Coffer as Tpvp/Soloq Reward?

in PvP

Posted by: tronjeremy.5820

tronjeremy.5820

Many Many Many people have stacks of tourney chests. Not even worth opening. On the other hand I do enjoy opening the mystic cofferes. Had a couple dragon tokens come of it.

Thoughts on adding these as rewards chests instead?

Best Teef NA – http://twitch.tv/tronjeremy_
S/D Condi Build Video – http://goo.gl/bYGs9n
Stronkhold Beta Gameplay – http://goo.gl/IMb8qb

in PvP

Posted by: Elxdark.9702

Elxdark.9702

please, anything anything but these worthless chests.

in PvP

Posted by: Quickfoot Katana.8642

Quickfoot Katana.8642

Or let us trade tournament chest for mystic coffers.

in PvP

Posted by: Elxdark.9702

Elxdark.9702

Or let us trade tournament chest for mystic coffers.

Good idea mate.

like 5×1.

in PvP

Posted by: Josh Davis.6015

Josh Davis.6015

Next

It would be in your benefit to salvage the items from the chests for luck.

in PvP

Posted by: Adam.6047

Adam.6047

What exactly will happen to tournament chest gear/rank chests if they are not opened and salvaged? (with respect to gear being cross compatible ie pve and pvp)

Captain of Team Pugging – destroyed ESL with scrubs

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

but josh, then those 100% sPvP only purist players would say, they have no use for luck or magic find as they do not play PvE / WvW etc.

what are the odds of seeing magic find being used more widely in sPvP?

perhaps, in the future, we may get random loot for defeating enemy players in sPvP and our magic find may affect this?

i remember someone said that, if a defeat a player wielding a legendary weapon, there is a chance for a “legendary fragment” and with enough “legendary fragments” collected it is possible to craft a legendary weapon? something like that.

or anything trading post worthy is nice also.

purist 100% sPvP only players often complain they have no gold etc.

in PvP

tronjeremy.5820

Well I will say that I have tons of luck already. And I personally feel more of a drive to get high level weapons and the tokens from salvaging those weapons from the mystic coffers.

As a pvp I don’t care much for luck either but if there is a future where drops happen during matches that would be interesting. I wouldn’t want to waste time picking up bags though. Hope it’s automatic on kills. But even that will have people like guards out of luck if they hold a pt. And have everyone making sure they get a hit on a person in a match moreso than winning the actual game.

I still say get rid of the tourney chests and make it mystic coffers or the ability to trade them in for glory.

in PvP

Posted by: Adam.6047

Adam.6047

Honestly I have too many chests, both tournament win chests and rank chests that I would just love to exchange straight into glory. I genuinely would have to be sitting at my pc for 12 hours to salvage them all.

Captain of Team Pugging – destroyed ESL with scrubs

in PvP

Posted by: Josh Davis.6015

Previous

Josh Davis.6015

We haven’t really gone into depth on how luck will be used – I’m just saying that it will. I’m hoping we’ll be able to preview some of the new reward system soon.

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

We haven’t really gone into depth on how luck will be used – I’m just saying that it will. I’m hoping we’ll be able to preview some of the new reward system soon.

thanks josh!
much appreciated!
happy new year josh and team!

in PvP

Posted by: TNoD.8143

TNoD.8143

Actually given the conversion rate of 1k glory = 1g. 100 glory for a salvage kit is about 10s. It’s an outrageously high price considered you can open chests, get boosters/dyes and delete the armor. Convert the glory into gold and buy globs for a MUCH better luck return.

Lord Vrael [ÆÆÆÆ] – Borlis Pass

in PvP

Posted by: Swagg.9236

Swagg.9236

The luck drop-rate from salvaging pvp items appears to be abysmal.

in PvP

Posted by: cheese.4739

cheese.4739

Right after the patch, I opened and salvaged a whole stack of reward chests - I got about 7.5k luck, and something like 30 unidentified dyes once I’d played with the Mystic Forge. Less MF than I might’ve gotten from PvE items, but not an insignificant amount.

in PvP

Posted by: Doppey Woogy.6590

Doppey Woogy.6590

What good does luck do for me in PvP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

in PvP

tronjeremy.5820

What good does luck do for me in PvP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think he is hinting without saying that luck will matter some point soon. He probably cannot say anything about it just yet.

in PvP

Posted by: Urejt.5648

Urejt.5648

Only reward player needs in pvp is place in ladder leaugue, f.ex. in grand master leugue

Yo Hooj Jest Pole

in PvP

Posted by: Qaelyn.7612

Qaelyn.7612

The problem here is that salvaging items in PvP is a nuisance.

The kit has 15 charges, I have to waste glory on it, and I get asked an “are you sure” on every purchase.

Then, the kits themselves are incredibly stingy. I get as much luck from the chests gained in an hour of PvPing as I do from the items I salvage in 5 or 10 minutes in open world PvE. Why?

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

The kit has 15 charges, I have to waste glory on it, and I get asked an “are you sure” on every purchase.

Then, the kits themselves are incredibly stingy. I get as much luck from the chests gained in an hour of PvPing as I do from the items I salvage in 5 or 10 minutes in open world PvE. Why?

i think this needs to change.
the luck rate is too low.
consider change it to:

100% confirmed masterwork luck +50 luck at least.
50% rare luck +100 luck
33% exotic luck +200 luck
25% legendary luck +500 luck

how does it work?
when salvaging a PvP gear, it
first checks 25% for +500 luck. fail?
2nd check 33% for +200 luck. fail?
3rd check 50% for +100 luck. fail?
no more checks, get +50 luck.

if succeed 1st check 25% then straight get +500 luck
starts from the top then move to the bottom.

make the following changes, perhaps sPvP players will start salvaging PvP gear for luck.
otherwise …

it is just not balanced.

in PvP

Posted by: Oprah.1347

Oprah.1347

Salvaging tourney chests for luck ? I get more luck from the 5 greens I find in PvE than I do from an entire tournament chest. The rate is way less than pve.

in PvP

Posted by: docMed.7692

docMed.7692

The luck drop-rate from salvaging pvp items appears to be abysmal.

It’s funny; I noticed that too, so I bought some level 40 chests and started salvaging them; much higher drop rate of luck. Seems like low level items are very low, which makes sense; but then again becomes more of a nusance since we have 100’s of chests that give us items not even worth salvaging.

I really wish the copper-fed-o-matic salvaged pvp items (hint hint Anet).

in PvP

Posted by: Dojo.1867

Dojo.1867

What hapens with all those tokens/crafting mats?

in PvP

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

Pvers who have invested the same time as a pvper will have way more magic find/luck than a pvper. Won’t be surprised when you add something huge and pvers yet again get easier access to whatever you will add

(edited by RoRo.8270)

in PvP

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

The amount of luck you get from salvaging the crap is abysmal. An hour of PVE farming gives more luck than salvaging the contents of like 200 chests.
PvP items should have the same luck rate as masterwork items in PVE. It would still be much worse luck per hour than PVE.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

(edited by Malediktus.9250)

in PvP

tronjeremy.5820

Add salvage kits to tourney wins and this would be much much much better.

in PvP

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

Please remember that:

a) PvE makes AND has bigger “savings” on gold/luck.

b) Spvp is about fairnes. Asuras aside its equal level,armos, stats… for everyone…. A new way for r29 to get icy dragon sword isnt.

c) Salvaging is not only huuuuuge waste of time & clicks, its also pretty expensive. with glory gifts, your basicaly wasting good gold for another 250x stack of powder.

d) Luck scaling has diminishing returns. Even if u make a legendary drop from teamQ, it will probably mean i have just 0.002% instead of 0.001% of getting it. Which can also be countered by simply playing more, if balance gets fun

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

in PvP

Posted by: Dosvidaniya.3260

Dosvidaniya.3260

I support this statement 100%. Luck from pvp is downright terrible. In addition to that horrendous confirmation on everything, the amount is so poor that it’s infuriating. It is so bad, that the cost of the salvage kit alone outweighs the cost of the luck.

I’m not exaggerating either. If you were to spend that glory on gifts and sell them (1.9s each), you’d end up with 1.6 silver per gift (8 silver per salvage kit). On the TP, you can buy masterwork items for 1.97 silver (comes out to two silver after salvage). This means that you could get 4 masterwork items per salvage kit. Most of these chests have 4 to 5 salvageable items. So, you’ll get around 3 to 4 chests per salvage kit. Will those 3 to 4 chests give you the same amount of luck as 4 masterwork items? No.

Looking back, I wish I hadn’t salvaged my tournament chests. If you don’t need the mats, you lost luck and money. Heaven forbid you actually purchase rank chests for luck.

(edited by Dosvidaniya.3260)

in PvP

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

What they need to do, which was suggested before is make the Copper-Fed Salvage-o-Matic, usable in PvP. Make it cost 6 glory per salvage, that would roughly be the same cost of the 15 salvage for 100 glory.

I guess Anet doesn’t like money!

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in PvP

Posted by: Chilli.2976

Chilli.2976

If we are going to salvage so many, can we at least have points towards the “agent of entropy”?

in PvP

Posted by: EverythingEnds.4261

EverythingEnds.4261

Are you keeping in mind, that probaly every pve palyer out there has more luck than a pvp player with an equal amount of time spend in GW2?

in PvP

Posted by: Qaelyn.7612

Qaelyn.7612

The other day I did a sequence of world events in Hirathi Hinterlands on my mid-level engineer and ended up with around 650 luck after I salvaged all the blue, green and yellow items I got.

That’s quite literally more than I’ve gotten from all the PvP items I’ve ever salvaged, across maybe 40 or 50 chests, and it took under an hour. (I have about 100 more chests I can’t be bothered opening until they make it worthwhile.)

I can’t understand why you guys made the deliberate decision to add luck to PvP salvaging (smart) and then made the rate a tiny fraction of what it is in PvE/WvW (not).

in PvP

Posted by: Empathetic Fighter.2065

Empathetic Fighter.2065

Sounds like rewards in PvP will be influenced by luck.
Horrible idea

Read It Backwards [BooN]

in PvP

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

ye you get than gold when kill minions or spirits in spvp – gold from the minionmaster or spiritranger

with higher luck you get more gold

in PvP

Posted by: Errant Venture.9371

Errant Venture.9371

The stuff in chests has a massively lower chance of giving luck than PvE items (which can be farmed at an absurdly faster rate)

The Battle Bakery [vPie]

in PvP

Posted by: Oraith.1732

Oraith.1732

Are you keeping in mind, that probaly every pve palyer out there has more luck than a pvp player with an equal amount of time spend in GW2?

Man I thought they were done with benefiting Pve players more than the Pvp players after the skyhammer fiasco. Guess I was wrong.

in PvP

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

Even as a PVE player I think this is a bad idea. I know we don’t know the details yet but PvEers will have a big advantage here or at least less hurdles to jump.

in PvP

Posted by: Alex.5349

Alex.5349

I vote for luck increasing the chance to increase the amount of Glory gained from everything you do in PvP.
For example capturing a point gives you 10 Glory. With Luck, you can get some extra

Note that I only mean Glory, not Rank points.

in PvP

Posted by: Errant Venture.9371

Errant Venture.9371

I vote for luck increasing the chance to increase the amount of Glory gained from everything you do in PvP.
For example capturing a point gives you 10 Glory. With Luck, you can get some extra

Glory is being removed from the game

The Battle Bakery [vPie]

in PvP

Posted by: EverythingEnds.4261

EverythingEnds.4261

Man I thought they were done with benefiting Pve players more than the Pvp players after the skyhammer fiasco. Guess I was wrong.

What are you talking about?
Skyhammer fiasco? Häh?
Everything with Skyhammer is ok. Nobody ever farmed or absued it. Otherwise Anet would immediatly have jumped in and punish exploiters like they do in PvE! Or they would let their frequent pvp updates (which are awesome) contain some countermesures.

Disclaimer: May contain Irony

in PvP

Posted by: Alex.5349

Alex.5349

Glory is being removed from the game

… Oh.. I didn’t know that

What to do with my +-500 Glory boosters?

in PvP

Posted by: Leaven.5723

Leaven.5723

In my opinion, devs are RIGHT, Im salvaging all my PvP items coz I need more luck,to be the luckiest guy in GW2 universe and I do it everyday after I win 5skyhams and 5spirithams in the morning soloQ, then i feel pure joy salvaging my items. Since I have more LUCK in game thx by almighty devs i found a Job and REAL GF! So no way u will change It! It’s raining shame, haba baba! Nothing has change in chest rewards since 1.5 year so u can’t expect anything and u will be still disapointed :0