Myth - Me win, me awesome - You lose, you bad

in PvP

Posted by: Dirtyrascal.1023

Dirtyrascal.1023

Some people deserve to win, some people deserve to lose.

However there are a lot of people not getting what they deserve.

People saying that this matchmaking system is ‘sorting out the HIGH TIER players’ or the ‘HIGHER SKILLED’ players are wrong.

Season 1 matchmaking was considered flawed because an AVERAGE player could keep progressing through the ranks all the way to Legendary just by grinding out enough games.

Season 2 matchmaking is carrying over people’s MMR from Season 1.

So all those who are blitzing through the ranks with killer win streaks like Golden Gods and being condescending towards people on this forum who have legitimate frustrations -

You don’t deserve it. It’s not an indication of your skill. It doesn’t mean you’re a High Tier player. You are being handed ‘rigged’ game after ‘rigged’ game on the basis of your progress in an environment (season 1) where you were rewarded for just turning up and playing the game – OK.

I know this sounds salty – but there are a lot of genuinely frustrated decent players who are being punished for only playing last season casually, and a lot of average players who are still being rewarded for just showing up.

And it doesn’t matter that the SYSTEM will hopefully provide more balanced games as time goes on… we’re still left with players not being where they deserve to be.

We wanted an MMR reset. THEN the High Tier, Higher Skilled players would rise up the ranks, and do so on merit. Right now, those little gems over our heads mean even less than last season.

in PvP

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

You’re confusing MMR with league division. You could be a legend from last season with a horribly low MMR, or be a pro-league player in last season’s amber fighting other pro-league players.

in PvP

Dirtyrascal.1023

You’re confusing MMR with league division. You could be a legend from last season with a horribly low MMR, or be a pro-league player in last season’s amber fighting other pro-league players.

MMR isn’t just +1 if win, -1 if lose. If you expose yourself to a 50/50 win ratio longer than someone else you will have a higher MMR.

in PvP

Posted by: lighter.2708

lighter.2708

This is a team game, there’s nothing they don’t deserve, if they win, that means their team’s overall performance and average skill level is better then the other team
1 bad player can completely throw the game even there are 2 decent players carrying..

in PvP

Dirtyrascal.1023

This is a team game, there’s nothing they don’t deserve, if they win, that means their team’s overall performance and average skill level is better then the other team
1 bad player can completely throw the game even there are 2 decent players carrying..

Have you been under a rock?

The matchmaking system is matching woefully unfairly rostered teams against eachother.

And what you say here…
“1 bad player can completely throw the game even there are 2 decent players carrying..”
…this is exactly why decent players who are being repeatedly rostered on teams with newer, lower skilled players because of a lower MMR, are having an undeservedly rough time.

(edited by Dirtyrascal.1023)

in PvP

Posted by: Helly.2597

Helly.2597

I’m a little bit confused about how people are saying you’re matched with your teammates (and it might be nice if it was clarified).

People keep claiming that season 1 and your placement has an impact on who you’re matched with on your team allowing for better players to filter to the top more or less. And that it’s this system that causes for the loss streaks, since people who didn’t play season 1 or didn’t go far are punished by being with worse teammates. (Paraphrasing based on my understanding)

This differs greatly from my own experience so far. Granted I have a small sample of 13 games in season 2. I did not play season 1 at all. This should mean I either get an average player skill or a terrible player skill (depending on if anet assumed I was an average player or a terrible player) but I should not get an advantaged team, correct?

Despite this, having only solo queued on warrior I have a flawless win percentage currently with the majority being games that are total stomps. And this makes me wonder if either I’m missing something in my own understanding of the matchmaking (likely) or if the matchmaking isn’t working as most people seem to agree (less likely but possible).

Anyone care to explain if I’m missing something?

People call me Hobo.
Violent Tendency [vT]
Ferguson’s Crossing Roamer

in PvP

lighter.2708

“1 bad player can completely throw the game even there are 2 decent players carrying..”
…this is exactly why decent players who are being repeatedly rostered on teams with newer, lower skilled players because of a lower MMR, are having an undeservedly rough time.

exactly, if they are bad, they can’t progress, so people who win deserve the wins

in PvP

Fluffball.8307

You’re not missing anything. It pairs you (your team) with people of your own MMR and season 1 is totally irrelevant.

in PvP

Helly.2597

You’re not missing anything. It pairs you (your team) with people of your own MMR and season 1 is totally irrelevant.

OK see this makes a lot more sense to me than the season 1 argument. Thanks.

People call me Hobo.
Violent Tendency [vT]

in PvP

Posted by: Vargamonth.2047

Vargamonth.2047

MMR isn’t just +1 if win, -1 if lose. If you expose yourself to a 50/50 win ratio longer than someone else you will have a higher MMR.

Technically, you should just get a lower MMR Deviation (another parameterm tied to your MMR which indicates how acurate it is), with your MMR staying somewhat stable.

in PvP

lighter.2708

joke aside , every one including legendaries( i know because i’m legendary and most people on my friendlist are also legendaries) had really bad teammates in amber or even emerald..that’s why party exists..add some friends who are equal skill or better and blaze through that phase..that’s what a lot of players did anyway

in PvP

Posted by: Indure.5410

Indure.5410

I’m not great at PVP, but I have had absolutely terrible luck with teams. I can’t even count the number of games I’ve played with a scrapper that won’t even give the team starting swiftness. I saw a guardian on my team with 3 spirit weapons last night … /sigh. The good news is that I’ve yet to encounter too many of the necros, scrappers, revenants that I’m sure plague the higher divisions.

in PvP

Dirtyrascal.1023

OK see this makes a lot more sense to me than the season 1 argument. Thanks.

@Fluffball – Season 1 is relevant… where do you think you got your MMR from? MMR was not reset at season 2 beginning. The player base requested that it was reset but Anet chose this direction instead.

@Helly – there is no reason why you shouldn’t have had that experience.

People with no MMR are allocated one – Average MMR (I think 1200)
However you must surely see how giving people average (1200)MMR to start with means there will be a lot of players starting on average MMR who should be starting much lower. If you are one of the unlucky ones to be in a similar situation as yourself but get rostered in your first few games with people who are absolute beginners then your MMR will tank and the cycle will only get worse. This has happened to a LOT of people.

Your team = similar MMR
Your opponents = similar rank

As such if you are lucky and get good match-ups in your first few games then your MMR will go up and you will get better team mates.

If you are unlucky – which you obviously weren’t – then you will not get favourable match-ups in your first few games and your MMR will decrease and you will be rostered on with worse team mates – making winning even harder.

in PvP

Fluffball.8307

@Fluffball – Season 1 is relevant… where do you think you got your MMR from?

I got it from years of PvP. The season itself was irrelevant, obviously a game is a game though.

in PvP

Dirtyrascal.1023

@Fluffball – Season 1 is relevant… where do you think you got your MMR from?

I got it from years of PvP. The season itself was irrelevant, obviously a game is a game though.

I won’t argue back and forth with you but we do agree that your MMR was brought into season 2 with you.

Fact is a player’s MMR earned outside of the environment we are currently competing in is trivialising the challenge that should exist in a league.

in PvP

Fluffball.8307

Resetting MMR isn’t the solution though, then you have people on their first game playing on the same team as pro leaguers. It takes forever to sort out because people are getting carried hard, and everyone is miserable because for most of us, your teammates are almost guaranteed to be significantly worse than you are.

The way it is, you progress based on your own merit and we don’t have to deal with newbies.

in PvP

Posted by: Mightybird.6034

Mightybird.6034

Resetting MMR isn’t the solution though, then you have people on their first game playing on the same team as pro leaguers. It takes forever to sort out because people are getting carried hard, and everyone is miserable because for most of us, your teammates are almost guaranteed to be significantly worse than you are.

The way it is, you progress based on your own merit and we don’t have to deal with newbies.

Uh except many of us ARE being paired with newbies and don’t understand why.

In fact, the first day, I was getting paired with both newbs and pros. I had thought MMR was reset till I came here.

PS before you imply I am a newb as well :P I’ve played since beta, really started PvPing last two years, run meta builds, pay attention to mini map, etc. Not saying I’m amazing or anything, but at least average.

in PvP

Posted by: zinkz.7045

zinkz.7045

Resetting MMR isn’t the solution though…

The solution was to do what actual successful PvP games do and use placement matches + past MMR to place people into different starting divisions based on their ability / experience, not make sucha joke of a “matchmaking” system that it actively creates bad matchups.

The way it is, you progress based on your own merit…

Except because of the system, the RNG of teammates, to a certain extent people don’t, which is his point.

(edited by zinkz.7045)

in PvP

Dirtyrascal.1023

…. and everyone is miserable because for most of us, your teammates are almost guaranteed to be significantly worse than you are.

And this is exactly what has happened to decent players who have come into this season and had unlucky matchups – perhaps against whole teams of pro-leaguers – in their first few games causing their MMR to tank – thus putting them on even worse teams.

It does beg the question – If the Pro League players don’t want to be in that situation because they are going to find it hard work to pull themselves out of a mire of sub-par team mates, how is that going to effect good but non Pro League players?

…Check the front page of the PVP forum to find out.

in PvP

Posted by: Blackdagger.9670

Blackdagger.9670

I am definetly agree with the suggestion. All MMR’s need to be reset.

in PvP

Posted by: UmbraNoctis.1907

UmbraNoctis.1907

If you have a decent amout of ranked games, your MMR should be pretty stable and few lost games won’t affect it much. New player’s MMR should drop faster. And if you have an average MMR it means there are about as much ppl with lower MMR as there are with higher MMR so it is very unlikely to get matched only against those better players and it is getting less and less likely the longer the league is going on.

in PvP

Dirtyrascal.1023

If you have a decent amout of ranked games, your MMR should be pretty stable and few lost games won’t affect it much. New player’s MMR should drop faster. And if you have an average MMR it means there are about as much ppl with lower MMR as there are with higher MMR so it is very unlikely to get matched only against those better players and it is getting less and less likely the longer the league is going on.

“few lost games”

Well yes – but the problem has been that people are getting massive losing streaks 10-15 games not being uncommon. This is going to have a significant impact.

in PvP

Vargamonth.2047

“few lost games”

Well yes – but the problem has been that people are getting massive losing streaks 10-15 games not being uncommon. This is going to have a significant impact.

If the games were really unbalanced, the MMR shift could be as little as losing a couple of regular fair matches.

in PvP

Fluffball.8307

And this is exactly what has happened to decent players who have come into this season and had unlucky matchups – perhaps against whole teams of pro-leaguers – in their first few games causing their MMR to tank – thus putting them on even worse teams.

I ran into pro-leaguers twice on the first night, probably one of the few on this forum that can claim that since there aren’t a lot of them statistically, and they progressed quickly. I lost both those games. And I’ve won pretty much everything since. Losing a few games isn’t going to put you into a never ending death spiral, people just thought they were better than they actually are. MMR is not so fragile that losing a game tanks it.

in PvP

Helly.2597

snip

Thanks for the reply.

So since I got placed with better players or got lucky the first few matches my mmr has increased giving me better players on my team.

And since the league just started and everyone is low division I’ve been playing against majority of teams who are well below the mmr of my team simply because the pip ratings are close to the same?

And I’ll keep doing well until I hit the ceiling of my mmr skill level?

Honestly this feels very backwards from Anet. I understand desiring to make the good players rise to the top, however it seems to me they reversed how the teams should be formed. Have pips dictate the teammates and team mmr dictate the opponents. (Similar average mmr teams playing each other).

People call me Hobo.
Violent Tendency [vT]

in PvP

Posted by: UmbraNoctis.1907

UmbraNoctis.1907

“few lost games”

If people truly have an average or above average MMR as many claim, such long losing streaks are very unlikely to happen, because there should be enough players with lower MMR.

So their MMR is lower than they think (even before the start of the season) or there is a bug in the system. But that’s something only a dev could answer …

in PvP

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

I ran into pro-leaguers twice on the first night, probably one of the few on this forum that can claim that since there aren’t a lot of them statistically, and they progressed quickly. I lost both those games. And I’ve won pretty much everything since. Losing a few games isn’t going to put you into a never ending death spiral, people just thought they were better than they actually are. MMR is not so fragile that losing a game tanks it.

That is not correct. You can end up in a never ending death spiral, just because you didn’t doesn’t mean it won’t happen to other players. Their MMR should reflect how good they are, not what they think. If a player with any MMR but the lowest goes on 10+ losing streak, something is wrong.

in PvP

Posted by: Interpret Interrupt.3824

Interpret Interrupt.3824

Wouldn’t an MMR reset be kinda worse because everyone would be at average tier and it would be just luck if you got the good average or the bad average players.

K Pop
The Warrior, The Necro, The F1 Connoisseur
http://www.twitch.tv/interpretinterrupt

in PvP

Laraley.7695

Wouldn’t an MMR reset be kinda worse because everyone would be at average tier and it would be just luck if you got the good average or the bad average players.

Seeing as there would be more variables and not only “Will I get a way better or way worse team?”, no.

in PvP

Dirtyrascal.1023

“few lost games”

If the games were really unbalanced, the MMR shift could be as little as losing a couple of regular fair matches.

I don’t think you can really say something like that confidently without knowing the numbers.
What we can say is that people’s actual experience is that their matches, win or lose, are generally significantly lopsided – in my last 10 games I’ve only had 2 come within a 200 points difference. The losses are brutal, the wins are a cakewalk.

in PvP

Dirtyrascal.1023

snip

Thanks for the reply.

So since I got placed with better players or got lucky the first few matches my mmr has increased giving me better players on my team.

And since the league just started and everyone is low division I’ve been playing against majority of teams who are well below the mmr of my team simply because the pip ratings are close to the same?

Honestly this feels very backwards from Anet. I understand desiring to make the good players rise to the top, however it seems to me they reversed how the teams should be formed. Have pips dictate the teammates and team mmr dictate the opponents. (Similar average mmr teams playing each other).

You my friend are awesome :-)

in PvP

Vargamonth.2047

“few lost games”

I don’t think you can really say something like that confidently without knowing the numbers.
What we can say is that people’s actual experience is that their matches, win or lose, are generally significantly lopsided – in my last 10 games I’ve only had 2 come within a 200 points difference. The losses are brutal, the wins are a cakewalk.

Glicko2 formulas are public.
For a 1500 MMR player, losing agaisnt a 1900 team weights 5-6 times less than agaisnt a 1500 one.
For a 1100 MMR player, losing against the 1900 team wights about 50 time less than against a 1100 one.

in PvP

Posted by: R O C.6574

R O C.6574

I consider myself a slightly above average PVPer. I jumped into ranked the last 2 weeks of season 1 and got to about halfway through Ruby. playing an average of 15 matches a day. This season, it seems like i’m on the “bad player list.” Could my MMR rating have suffered because i got into the season late?

in PvP

Dirtyrascal.1023

“few lost games”

For a 1500 MMR player, losing agaisnt a 1900 team weights 5-6 times less than agaisnt a 1500 one.
For a 1100 MMR player, losing against the 1900 team wights about 50 time less than against a 1100 one.

“Glicko2 formulas are public.”

Anet’s algorithm isn’t.
Saying our system is based on the Glicko2 formula is like saying this film is BASED on a true story.
Also actual accounts of people’s experience is reality.

I hope you’re not from the “you’ve lost 15 games in a row?!… lol l2p, matchmaking’s fine” camp.

edit: actually their algorithm IS public: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/PvP_Matchmaking_Algorithm

… enjoy the read.

in PvP

Vargamonth.2047

I consider myself a slightly above average PVPer. I jumped into ranked the last 2 weeks of season 1 and got to about halfway through Ruby. playing an average of 15 matches a day. This season, it seems like i’m on the “bad player list.” Could my MMR rating have suffered because i got into the season late?

15 matches/day for 2 weeks seems a high enough number of games to have a somewhat stable MMR with moderately low deviation.
Slightly above average is, however, a quite dangerous placement. You could be being paired with fresh players (probably with way higher MMR than they should) for catastrofic results.

in PvP

Dirtyrascal.1023

Slightly above average is, however, a quite dangerous placement. You could be being paired with fresh players (probably with way higher MMR than they should) for catastrofic results.

Dude, so we agree… have you been pulling my leg…!

in PvP

Posted by: RoseTylor.8760

RoseTylor.8760

What are non-pro/legendary players supposed to do in this situation? Don’t even queue until they change matchmaking? Wait a few days or get a group before queueing?

Seems a possible solution would be to stagger the start of the season. Let all the really high start a few days early, then let the above average group queue, and finally let all the average in. Since it sounds like players are going to have to do it for themselves anyway.

in PvP

Posted by: R O C.6574

R O C.6574

What are non-pro/legendary players supposed to do in this situation? Don’t even queue until they change matchmaking? Wait a few days or get a group before queueing?

Seems a possible solution would be to stagger the start of the season. Let all the really high start a few days early, then let the above average group queue, and finally let all the average in. Since it sounds like players are going to have to do it for themselves anyway.

I like the idea of preseason qualification that will seed you into higher division based on pre-qual score

in PvP

Vargamonth.2047

“few lost games”

“Glicko2 formulas are public.”

Anet’s algorithm isn’t.
Saying our system is based on the Glicko2 formula is like saying this film is BASED on a true story.
Also actual accounts of people’s experience is reality.

I hope you’re not from the “you’ve lost 15 games in a row?!… lol l2p, matchmaking’s fine” camp.

edit: actually their algorithm IS public: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/PvP_Matchmaking_Algorithm

… enjoy the read.

There’s a whole section in the wiki about the matchmaking system, and it directly links to the wikipedia Glicko2 article.
The only stated change is about volatility, which is mostly a deviation increase over periods of inactivity.

The Glicko2 produces lower MMR shifts the less fair the games are (high MMR differences, high enemy rating deviation, …).
Honestly, I have no reason to even think they could have changed this.

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

snip

Thanks for the reply.

LOL it would be quite unfair to teammates of a player with high mmr. Let’s assume 1 guy has high mmr, he gets a team based on his division (begin of season, so amber, so noobs are possible). He faces enemy team of abjured because of his MMR. Take a guess how much fun he and his low ranked teammates will have. There would be just as much crying and divisions will never balance out.

Current system is indeed more skill/wins based. Ppl with higher mmr will just move faster through divisions. If you don’t want to face them, just wait few days, it will balance out.

To answer your question, yeah you will. I started to lose some games around sapphire (feels bit similar to old matchmaking), i am also facing players with legend title (doesn’t say much but you do need to play a lot of games to get there so their MMR is higher).

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

(edited by Cynz.9437)

in PvP

Helly.2597

snip

If someone has a high enough mmr to balance out for being matched up against the entirety of the abjured it wouldn’t be fun for his team, but it would be considered fair yes.

Balancing the mmr on each team seems to be a superior way to match players. It does get skewed with how Anet does not separate solo and team queue though.

I can use the example of dota 2 in how it uses an mmr average to match the teams who play against each other in rmm (ranked match making). As long as anet sets an acceptable mmr range that slowly expands (until a max range so it doesn’t expand forever) as the queue time increases it should be acceptable.

Now the issue with mmr has always been the extreme cases. High or low extremes will always cause imbalances in the matchmaking. However if your mmr is so high supposedly according to the game you should be able to carry your team to a victory in 50% of the games.

People call me Hobo.
Violent Tendency [vT]

in PvP

Cynz.9437

snip

If someone has a high enough mmr to balance out for being matched up against the entirety of the abjured it wouldn’t be fun for his team, but it would be considered fair yes.

Balancing the mmr on each team seems to be a superior way to match players. It does get skewed with how Anet does not separate solo and team queue though.

I can use the example of dota 2 in how it uses an mmr average to match the teams who play against each other in rmm (ranked match making). As long as anet sets an acceptable mmr range that slowly expands (until a max range so it doesn’t expand forever) as the queue time increases it should be acceptable.

Now the issue with mmr has always been the extreme cases. High or low extremes will always cause imbalances in the matchmaking. However if your mmr is so high supposedly according to the game you should be able to carry your team to a victory in 50% of the games.

You do understand that if that suggestion was implemented divisions would never balance out and there would just as much QQ as there is now.

All is Vain~

(edited by Cynz.9437)

in PvP

Helly.2597

You do understand that if that suggestion was implemented divisions would never balance out?

Yeah I should have clarified prior to posting that. Yes the current league system would not work and clearly that is a negative from an Anet standpoint.

But instead of the division system that is separate from mmr you have currently, merge the two together and have divisions based on mmr instead. Assuming anet has enough players in every mmr range to achieve decent matchups it should work out (assuming they could develop an acceptable mmr calibration system). Make the achievement of mmr the overall goal instead of divisions.

Anyways we are diverging from what the topic is about and it’s my fault for bringing up alternatives to the current system instead of discussing how it currently is.

People call me Hobo.
Violent Tendency [vT]

in PvP

Dirtyrascal.1023

snip

Thanks for the reply.

LOL it would be quite unfair to teammates of a player with high mmr. Let’s assume 1 guy has high mmr, he gets a team based on his division (begin of season, so amber, so noobs are possible). He faces enemy team of abjured because of his MMR. Take a guess how much fun he and his low ranked teammates will have. There would be just as much crying and divisions will never balance out.

Current system is indeed more skill/wins based. Ppl with higher mmr will just move faster through divisions. If you don’t want to face them, just wait few days, it will balance out.

To answer your question, yeah you will. I started to lose some games around sapphire (feels bit similar to old matchmaking), i am also facing players with legend title (doesn’t say much but you do need to play a lot of games to get there so their MMR is higher).

Sorry mate, but how is this a more skill based system. Where is the skill in roflstomping your way up through rigged match-ups. Sure, high players should be in high ranks, but you don’t ask premier league football teams to annihilate the lower division first at the beginning of the season.

If Anet want Higher Tiered players to start in Amber – how is it fair that they start there with a huge advantage so the lower MMR players have to suffer a week or 2 of being trampled over?
It’s not OK. If Anet are going to make it a foregone conclusion that higher MMR players all get rostered together so they can rise out of Amber, then just start them outside of Amber.
Subjecting lower MMR players to these deliberately rigged impossible odds is a massive phuk you to a LOT of people.
Anyone who argues this system is OK clearly doesn’t care much about PVP because this isn’t going to increase player numbers. How many new players are going to stick around for this?

in PvP

Laraley.7695

snip

You do understand that if that suggestion was implemented divisions would never balance out?

How wouldn’kitten People around the same MMR would be matched against people around the same MMR. This is the fairest matchmaking you can get. A guy with high enough MMR to balance out being matched againt the whole abjured team is an extreme case that doesn’t even exist.

Edit: I have no clue why “How wouldn’t it” was censored into kitten.

in PvP

Dirtyrascal.1023

snip

How wouldn’kitten People around the same MMR would be matched against people around the same MMR. This is the fairest matchmaking you can get. A guy with high enough MMR to balance out being matched againt the whole abjured team is an extreme case that doesn’t even exist.

last 3 letters are rude… apparently.

Yeah but you can say ‘phuk’ as much as your like… go figure.

What you’re suggesting would make every match fair and challenging. However this isn’t what a lot of Higher Tiered people want because it means more work climbing up the ranks. This could all be offset though if they started in higher ranks.

in PvP

Laraley.7695

snip

last 3 letters are rude… apparently.

Yeah but you can say ‘phuk’ as much as your like… go figure.

What you’re suggesting would make every match fair and challenging. However this isn’t what a lot of Higher Tiered people want because it means more work climbing up the ranks. This could all be offset though if they started in higher ranks.

I don’t understand why we have to prefer a system that’s perfect for a few top players and hell for many others, that makes absolutely zero sense. Simply enough if they reset MMR, they wouldn’t have to climb harder than an average player, why is that so hard?

in PvP

Cynz.9437

Ofc dropping everyone in same division wasn’t great idea but so wasn’t season 1 where people with high MMR had to fight esl teams just to get out of amber while low mmr players drooled their way to ruby/diamond.

All is Vain~

in PvP

Dirtyrascal.1023

Ofc dropping everyone in same division wasn’t great idea but so wasn’t season 1 where people with high MMR had to fight esl teams just to get out of amber while low mmr players drooled their way to ruby/diamond.

Two wrongs don’t make a right…

…although apparently 3 lefts do.

Season 1 isn’t the answer either… but the current system needs to change.

in PvP

Helly.2597

snip.

Exactly. I think ANET made the mistake of implementing the leagues as they did with the pip system. A better system imo would have been assigning a value to each player based on mmr (or just the calculated mmr itself works), then adding or subtracting mmr from the player based on win probability (lower chance of win means less lost from losing and more gained from winning, aka how mmr works). And then instead of pips, had each division based on mmr ranges where you got rewards for moving up throughout the “season.” That way the rewards would have based on actual improvement in your own play, since you would be more consistently matched in equal skilled matchups.

Of course this is all kitten cause of how anet combined soloq and teamq which would have to be separated (or the mmr calculation changed to make it “fair”) during seasons.

People call me Hobo.
Violent Tendency [vT]