NA Top 200 sPvP Highlights

in PvP

Posted by: Cheri Wolf.3056

Cheri Wolf.3056

Without further adieu, here is my highlight clip of all the best
moments Guild Wars 2 PvP Conquest Mode has to offer.

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: Ezrael.6859

Ezrael.6859

Bunker Warrior, Bunker Engineer, Bunker Ranger.

Standing in small circles, health regenerating faster than any incoming damage can knock it down.

The PvP in GW2 is lightning fast and electrifying! A real edge of your seat roller coaster ride!

in PvP

Cheri Wolf.3056

This game mode really makes match-ups worth watching!

in PvP

Posted by: Darnis.4056

Darnis.4056

Lately super bunker meta in the top 200 has been really annoying :/
Everyone brings 3-4 bunkers and just sits on points.
Balanced team with communication would win, but this is soloque, lets just all roll warriors.

Will the Real Pink Puma Please stand up?

in PvP

Posted by: tichorum.2415

tichorum.2415

What do you expect from solo queue? It’s where people kitten and play whatever they want to. Demise plays his thief. AK plays his thief (Biebs). Toker probably plays his Ranger (no, just kidding, he only plays thief).

My point is… it’s not competitive and no one really cares about playing to be super competitive in solo queue. That can be due to lack of reward from ArenaNet which I’m sure they’re in the process of fixing.

Also, why do people refer to themselves as “Top 200 solo queue rank” or “Top 50 solo queue rank”? It’s solo queue, it shows nothing because of the lack of reward due to people playing alt classes, thus not 100% trying to win.

Former PvP commentator for ESL & Arenanet.

I used to run the Academy Gaming tournaments for GW2.

in PvP

Darnis.4056

What do you expect from solo queue? It’s where people kitten and play whatever they want to. Demise plays his thief. AK plays his thief (Biebs). Toker probably plays his Ranger (no, just kidding, he only plays thief).

My point is… it’s not competitive and no one really cares about playing to be super competitive in solo queue. That can be due to lack of reward from ArenaNet which I’m sure they’re in the process of fixing.

Also, why do people refer to themselves as “Top 200 solo queue rank” or “Top 50 solo queue rank”? It’s solo queue, it shows nothing because of the lack of reward due to people playing alt classes, thus not 100% trying to win.

Yes, When I face Cmc/Ostrich Eggs/Toker/Ak on his engi/Bunker warrior I know for a fact these guys are just trolling and not trying to win. [Sarcasm]
It’s just as competitive south of 200 as any other gamemode, Build wars and Ts3 Servers all of that.

in PvP

Posted by: Lux.7169

Lux.7169

Yes, When I face Cmc/Ostrich Eggs/Toker/Ak on his engi/Bunker warrior I know for a fact these guys are just trolling and not trying to win. [Sarcasm]
It’s just as competitive south of 200 as any other gamemode, Build wars and Ts3 Servers all of that.

Although south of 200 it’s not a problem, since those bunkers still lose 1v1 to my thief (and other players DPS). In this meta, even as full DPS zerk, I can’t take down a good bunker with the assistance of another bunker on my team. So if I had gone mid to 2v1 it would have still been a stale mate. Regen from banner and signet means there’s nothing worthwhile to interrupt… except the other warriors interrupts…

That was definitely the most boring game of the night. I don’t know if the video showed it but it ended with 14 seconds left.

Oh, also, not to mention, but whenever ANYONE was downed on their team warbanners kept dropping from the sky. It doesn’t help that I can predict them because they auto-proc stability via trait on interrupt… or, you know, they’re not dumb and pre-cast stability to avoid the headshot.

[SoF]

in PvP

Posted by: ArcTheFallen.7682

ArcTheFallen.7682

Man, great strategy, I need to try that out next time on soloq!

[VZ] Sky Avalon – Guardian (Main)
Master of all Professions
sPvP Rank Dragon – 8 Champ Titles – Ruby Division

in PvP

Posted by: Siva Mira.3546

Siva Mira.3546

Reading Sun Tzu’s book 1000 times does NOT equal watching that video once.

Anet really opened my eyes.

All is vain.

in PvP

Posted by: NornBearPig.9814

NornBearPig.9814

Wow they fixed the skill spam and particle effects so I can really see what’s going on!

in PvP

Posted by: Lighter.5631

Lighter.5631

i saw this months ago but with bunker guardian and bunker ele and bunker engi and bunker necro and bunker ranger.

“i think it’s an underserved nerf. now we have to slot a stun breaker??”
“berserker stance clears all CC on you and you’re still immune to CC for 8 seconds”
-Excalibur.9748

in PvP

Posted by: Decrypter.1785

Decrypter.1785

I dident know there was 200 people still playing Spvp in NA ? NO im serious , takes ages for a queue to pop atm

[WM]give us in game ladder

in PvP

Darnis.4056

Depending on when you que and what matchmaking rank you are (lower is better for time) you are more likely to get games.. I’m sure there’s way more then 200 across both ladders..

in PvP

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

Why are people obsessed with bunker warriors? They can’t knock people off a point to neutralize it or cap it over time. Especially on khylo—a single knockback could cap the point for you over time. I’d hate to go into a solo queue on a bunker warrior knowing that I could do so little to swing the match. The only reason they’re effective is that there’s usually one or two inexperienced players who will try to solo the warrior on a point they own.

You could have easily won that match by playing almost anything else. And you would have had a lot more fun.

in PvP

Cheri Wolf.3056

That other bunker warrior, is rated 16th in NA. I was just taking notes at that point.

in PvP

Posted by: Elxdark.9702

Elxdark.9702

Sadly, I’ve seen a lot of bunker warriors these days, and I always wonder myself, is it fun to play as that? I mean, you don’t do nothing literally, you stay in the point and all you do is evade evade evade, block and evade again.
Where is the kittening fun there? I can’t find it.

P.S : Lydia I hate you :x

in PvP

Posted by: Ostricheggs.3742

Ostricheggs.3742

Sadly, I’ve seen a lot of bunker warriors these days, and I always wonder myself, is it fun to play as that? I mean, you don’t do nothing literally, you stay in the point and all you do is evade evade evade, block and evade again.

Saw this a long time comin. I made a bunker warrior and a LB GS warrior the second cleansing ire came out. The bunker was pretty awesome even before the heal sig change and I would have ran it if it wasn’t seriously boring as hell.

But yea, a lot of the non-bunker wars are a random variety of stun specs for power which are tanky in and of themselves… Seriously had 4 team queue games where the games lasted for over 13 minutes with 2 of them going the full 15 minutes. They were running bunker/stun warriors with a lot of tanks in general.

If you are trying to run a team like that, please don’t. I can assure you that in a legitimate high-level game you would lose. It also honestly makes the game unfun for everyone and you’re making pvp look like a piece of kittenhown in the video above. Those games made me understand the GvGers QQing about conquest. A bunker/stun meta can only happen here, folks.

Let’s just hope they don’t try to buff condi warrior anytime soon

twitch.tv/ostricheggs MOTM/TOL 2/TOG NA/WTS Beijing winner. Message me for PvP Coaching
@$20 an hour! It’s worth it!

in PvP

Posted by: dejay.2598

dejay.2598

you guys create your own problem, you see it’s a bunker meta so you play a bunker? yeah ofc you won’t have fun. I just switched to 100% glass that can deal with bunkers and be done with it (for solo q anyway). You might feel like you can’t kill bunkers but chances are you aren’t going all out, I’m talking scholar runes and all. Swap back to lightning for single target dps over fire sigil. Maybe even doom on one of your weps. So what if a thief ganks you every now and then, just return the favor to him later.

in PvP

Posted by: Excalibur.9748

Excalibur.9748

yes it (bunker war) is pretty boring to play but it’s effective and easy to play. yes you can make your thief extremely glass that it becomes possible to kill a bunker but at that point even the bunker hits like a truck on you.

All is vain.

in PvP

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

Saw this a long time comin. I made a bunker warrior and a LB GS warrior the second cleansing ire came out. The bunker was pretty awesome even before the heal sig change and I would have ran it if it wasn’t seriously boring as hell.

But yea, a lot of the non-bunker wars are a random variety of stun specs for power which are tanky in and of themselves… Seriously had 4 team queue games where the games lasted for over 13 minutes with 2 of them going the full 15 minutes. They were running bunker/stun warriors with a lot of tanks in general.

If you are trying to run a team like that, please don’t. I can assure you that in a legitimate high-level game you would lose. It also honestly makes the game unfun for everyone and you’re making pvp look like a piece of kittenhown in the video above. Those games made me understand the GvGers QQing about conquest. A bunker/stun meta can only happen here, folks.

Let’s just hope they don’t try to buff condi warrior anytime soon

They don’t need to. It already is simple and fairly powerful to the point I don’t even stack any sort of condition based runes. The key thing is that too many people are caught up in stun/hammer meta to realise condition warrior is just as powerful and has a tonne better mobility.

in PvP

Posted by: Writetyper.1985

Writetyper.1985

Bunker warriors are almost solely why I don’t play PvP so much anymore. You have great games where eles and mesmers are in the match and there’s counterplay and reads in there and the bunkers are guardians like they should be and it’s tense and close and everyone says GG… and then you have bunker warriors, putting down a banner and walking in circles. It’s just kittening boring.

Mortryde/Cold/Thugmentalist Bara
really bad engineer

in PvP

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Actually bunker/stun warriors are my #1 focalpoint in pvp now, nothing like destroying a warrior with a necro.

Ofcourse i never get to stomp them .. but waiting for their zerk to activate and then go for the blind while /dance makes it worth it..

That is if they stay in /sit ^^

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

(edited by Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046)

in PvP

Posted by: Candar.8140

Candar.8140

Without further adieu, here is my highlight clip of all the best
moments Guild Wars 2 PvP Conquest Mode has to offer.

Not to worry, because ArenaNet is going to “shave” the current meta rather than take a more serious stance on this problem in the game. I have nothing but 100% faith in the designers and developers :-

October 15th release notes: “We’ve made a balance pass on existing skills and traits with a focus on improving support builds in all parts of the game for all professions.”

Oh yes, 100% faith in those guys at ArenaNet.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/october-15-2013/#features