Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

NA pvp dead or almost.

in PvP

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

Nothing to play for.

PvE rewards were gutted so a bunch of primarily PvE players have no desire to come back to PvP

Most people who wanted the ascension will have it by now, or at least the components that require PvP, so no need to come back

Highly competitive PvP players have moved on to other games for a variety of reasons (poor balance, a meta that Anet has failed to significantly change in over a year, elite specs that still overshadow core specs on most classes by a wide margin, no competitive scene whatsoever for teams)

No matter who you are there just isn’t an incentive to play PvP anymore. Which is quite depressing.

NA pvp dead or almost.

in PvP

Posted by: Reaper Alim.4176

Reaper Alim.4176

how is that in T3 gold you are top 100 RIP

Screenshots please. Or I won’t believe you.

I maybe a troll with class.
But at least I admit it!
PoF guys get ready for PvE joys

NA pvp dead or almost.

in PvP

Posted by: The Game Slayer.7632

The Game Slayer.7632

Nah, not really. The minimum games requirement is keeping a lot of players off the leader boards for now. Just wait until the end of the season. Top 250 will be ~mid plat 2 or higher. Mark my words.

I am a teef
:)

NA pvp dead or almost.

in PvP

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

https://puu.sh/uTUkf/3bb9ee1058.png

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

NA pvp dead or almost.

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Nah, not really. The minimum games requirement is keeping a lot of players off the leader boards for now. Just wait until the end of the season. Top 250 will be ~mid plat 2 or higher. Mark my words.

so that people just sitting on decay and just hammer out all the required games on the last week or day? 0_0 unless they are very good they will gain or lose large amount of MMR but ok. so NA is not dead they all just gonna play at the end of season lol

Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

NA pvp dead or almost.

in PvP

Posted by: Reaper Alim.4176

Reaper Alim.4176

LMFAO. And yall think this type of behavior being fully allowed in a competitive rated environment. Is going to make competitive, players want to come back to PvP in GW2? That is pretty kitten funny. Actually so kitten funny to the point it’s pretty pathetic. So now tell me after yall all have finished gaming the system at the end of the season.

How does that make yall feel to know. That yall had to use other then competitive means to secure yalls leader-board positions? Me personally I’d feel pretty cold and empty inside, having to resort to means outside of sportsmen-like play in order to acquire a ill-gotten title or rank. But that’s just me tho.

I maybe a troll with class.
But at least I admit it!
PoF guys get ready for PvE joys

NA pvp dead or almost.

in PvP

fishball.7204

What are you even talking about dude

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

NA pvp dead or almost.

in PvP

Posted by: Sultane.9150

Sultane.9150

I’m close to top 100 and am in T3 gold (edging on to platinum). I’ve noticed that early games have much less of an effect in terms of rank points than they did last season. I think this has a lot to do with the way they changed the decay system and whatnot.

Regardless, this is not a population issue. It’s just harder to get to platinum (and legendary) this season than it was last season. Essentially, S6 Gold does not equal S5 Gold.

(edited by Sultane.9150)

NA pvp dead or almost.

in PvP

Posted by: Chase.8415

Chase.8415

I’m close to top 100 and am in T3 gold (edging on to platinum). I’ve noticed that early games have much less of an effect in terms of rank points than they did last season. I think this has a lot to do with the way they changed the decay system and whatnot.

Regardless, this is not a population issue. It’s just harder to get to platinum (and legendary) this season than it was last season. Essentially, S6 Gold does not equal S5 Gold.

https://gw2efficiency.com/account/statistics/statistics.pvpLeagueRating

It’s pretty close to how it was last season.

NA pvp dead or almost.

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

LMFAO. And yall think this type of behavior being fully allowed in a competitive rated environment. Is going to make competitive, players want to come back to PvP in GW2? That is pretty kitten funny. Actually so kitten funny to the point it’s pretty pathetic. So now tell me after yall all have finished gaming the system at the end of the season.

How does that make yall feel to know. That yall had to use other then competitive means to secure yalls leader-board positions? Me personally I’d feel pretty cold and empty inside, having to resort to means outside of sportsmen-like play in order to acquire a ill-gotten title or rank. But that’s just me tho.

Yeah what are you talking about, you do realize you are quoting a player who literally had hundreds of games last season and made the top 200 if i remember correctly.

Can you elaborate?

NA pvp dead or almost.

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

No its not, last season i started off 11-3 and had a rating around 1740 and was among the top 150 players the first month of the season. I fell out of the top 250 with in 1 week.

I fell as low as 1590 and got as high as 1780 or such. I finished around the rating in the pic.

We are 1 month or so into the season, i have only played 2 games and i played over 150 last season. Alot of other players i know are playing even less. Saying that this season is like the last one is completely incorrect. I believe last PvP season we had to decide whether to do LS or PvP and alot of us did PvP. I mean when i fell out of Plat i fell out of the top 250 even in that 1st month of that season. We now have players who are gold 1/2 who might be in the top 250 when falling into gold 3 last season meant at any point meant you werent gonna be near the top 250.

Some might be right about the amount of games but i personally know 10-15 players who quit during the first 4 seasons since they hated the meta. I stopped this season and seeing some of the other players on the forum posting there games. Its clear to me that the majority are moving on.

You can even see in Fish ball picture that he was in mid plat 1 and just decided not play for his/her reasons.

People can say ohh the rating system etc etc, no people i know who got high rating last season got them again this season but rather play other games since PvP isnt fun. In discord at this moment 1 is playing Lord of the Rings, another is playing Black Desert Online and 3 of us are logging into LoL. We were all players who played 150+ games last season who are not playing at all this season. 2 out of the 5 of us got into plat and the other 3 in gold 3.

It is not the same is last season.

Attachments:

NA pvp dead or almost.

in PvP

Posted by: Sultane.9150

Sultane.9150

What exactly does the graph say about last season?

NA pvp dead or almost.

in PvP

Posted by: Javonovich.5280

Javonovich.5280

I’m not surprised. As for myself, I look at the forums to see what (if anything) is changing post-patch, but I’ve still largely moved on from GW2 for now. I think a lot of this has to do with the last balance patch. After months of waiting, it was really just a bunch of uninspired shaves to CDs and damage modifiers. I just find the whole combat system to be out of control, which ruins pvp for me. Between the crazy number of boons and condis, the game-breaking passive effects, and AOE spam, it’s just no longer a combat system that interests me. No patches have really addressed these core problems, so unfortunately I think that GW2 has gone in a direction that most of us don’t care for anymore. These core issues are glaringly obvious in spvp, and so the population takes a hit.

On top of this, as others have said we’re between seasons so people have little incentive to overlook these flaws and to pvp. I suspect that if we had a great balance patch, pvp would be jumpin’. People would be experimenting with builds and happy to mess around with the changes. But there is no sense of experimentation right now, no excitement between seasons. (I actually think the devs know this, which is why they now want to look at sigils.)

Tbh, I just think the whole system is at the point where it’s reached critical mass. It’s got to be largely overhauled, with major changes to the functionality of skills that give classes their identities back. Boons should be powerful but not spammy (same for condis), passives with no counterplay have to be replaced, AOE skills redone to increase their risk/reward, many weapon sets redone to reduce skill spam (e.g., I would reconceptualize the Necro’s staff), and big nerfs to elite specs and buffs to core builds with corresponding reductions in the need for mindless AOE spam in pve metas.

TLDR: Pvp is self-sustaining if the combat is fun and engaging. GW2’s trajectory over the years has been hurting pvp, the players know it, and they’re leaving. The only way to fix this is with substantial changes addressing core combat/balance issues.

NA pvp dead or almost.

in PvP

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

Yeah what are you talking about, you do realize you are quoting a player who literally had hundreds of games last season and made the top 200 if i remember correctly.

Can you elaborate?

-700 rating decay…. That might be it.
Pretty sure you can use Decay to boost your rating but it’s also a gamble.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

(edited by sephiroth.4217)

NA pvp dead or almost.

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Brb, xfering to NA for easy title lmao. EU is still something like low plat for top 250.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

NA pvp dead or almost.

in PvP

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

Brb, xfering to NA for easy title lmao. EU is still something like low plat for top 250.

I know right? Those top 250 titles are starting to look more and more like a joke considering.

Also they changed it so you can’t transfer mid season, R.I.P. the dream.

NA pvp dead or almost.

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

I know right? Those top 250 titles are starting to look more and more like a joke considering.

Also they changed it so you can’t transfer mid season, R.I.P. the dream.

I have 2 accounts <3

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

NA pvp dead or almost.

in PvP

Posted by: steelheart.7386

steelheart.7386

PVP has been dieing for a long time especially in NA. Remember last season probably 1/4 to 1/3 of the NA accounts in the top 250 were alt accounts of higher MMR players those were not close to 250 individual players. Not sure the leaderboard would have looked much different last season in NA minus the bogus accounts with the newer decay requirements. The player base has been small for a long time.

(edited by steelheart.7386)

NA pvp dead or almost.

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

yeah sadly the god pvp title last season in NA belongs to alt account yeah definely losing players. last season i counted 12 pages of friends participated in pvp now 5 pages only. also i rem. i drop from t3 plat to t1 plat and i was out of top 250.

Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

NA pvp dead or almost.

in PvP

Posted by: Rokkis.8901

Rokkis.8901

Hello from casual silver! I’ve personally been having about a month break, since the PvP got kind of boring. Matches started to blend together, run from point to point or stand whole game at the point fighting enemies running towards you. GW2 PvP is pretty fast, furious and straightforward, I don’t mind that, but that also makes it almost impossible to have “memorable” matches. When the deciding moment is “2 people ran to B instead of A” it’s not very exciting =)

I play actively 3 different professions and 2 “every now and then”, but the lack of viable builds in each professions was starting to get boring. Of course I made some tweaks and whatnot suitable for my playstyle, but generally the changes didn’t even affect that much to my gameplay. It would be nice to actually do something else for a change with my Elementalist than smash my “BeeGees” rotation. (“Stayin’ Alive”, see =D )

I tried some out-of-the-meta -builds, but I think I wasn’t very good with them. Also I feel the meta builds are very optimized, so it felt like I was having a “your build is not very effective…” text on my screen all the time.

But I think while the skirmish-type PvP can get boring if done too much in too small timeframe, it’s also good for “log in, have a couple of fights, log out” type of playing. But in my opinion it does get repetitive easily if you tend to play a lot when you start playing.

edit: It seems there have been some changes after I went to a break and there are more “viable” builds around. It still seems that they aren’t that much different from what was used before, but it’s a start!

(edited by Rokkis.8901)

NA pvp dead or almost.

in PvP

Posted by: Nightshade.2570

Nightshade.2570

Hi , so the theory is the mostly PvE players left?

No this wouldnt happen if just a bunch of extra PvE players left. This only happens when mostly PvP and PvE players leave. As in they are either in unranked playing just for fun or like me, with several thousand matches, is taking a break and hoping that next season will be better.

Cheers!

NA pvp dead or almost.

in PvP

Posted by: Chase.8415

Chase.8415

What exactly does the graph say about last season?

The metrics are based off percentiles.

Think of it like overwatch, the rating system is designed to make sure the top 10% players score master rating regardless of how many players there are.

If ten people are playing and you are top 10%, you’ll be master even though there is only 10 players.

Same concept in gw2, gold t1 is roughly top 30%; it only appears harder because there are less players and the only people playing are more experienced in PvP, so scoring top 10% again is more difficult since there are less noobs playing.

In other words, platinum isn’t actually harder. It’s always been locked down to the top 5-10%. If you’re a top player, your rating will adjust to reflect that.

NA pvp dead or almost.

in PvP

fishball.7204

I thought they fixed that to not give any bonus rating boost because Evan said it made no sense to do so during a season.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/Why-is-my-MMR-change-so-high/6468259

Regardless, I can see why you might think that way but nah I am not doing this to ‘cheat’ the system lmao, I just don’t care to play after I realized the first 10 games it was gonna be another same season of pointlessness.

I had like 500+ games last season, top 250, didn’t abuse decay or anything of the sort and I’m not even a “real PvPer”.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

NA pvp dead or almost.

in PvP

sephiroth.4217

I thought they fixed that to not give any bonus rating boost because Evan said it made no sense to do so during a season.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/Why-is-my-MMR-change-so-high/6468259

Regardless, I can see why you might think that way but nah I am not doing this to ‘cheat’ the system lmao, I just don’t care to play after I realized the first 10 games it was gonna be another same season of pointlessness.

I had like 500+ games last season, top 250, didn’t abuse decay or anything of the sort and I’m not even a “real PvPer”.

I was just takin a stab in the dark about the other guys comment… If they fixed the decay thing that’s awesome but yea this season is a joke…

I was mad last season for fighting top 20 duo queues as silver, nothing changed this season so now I play Diviner Spirit Druid, Ghost Thief, Lightning Rod Ele and Spirit weapon burn DH…. I still play for fun I guess.

….. And Elementalist.

NA pvp dead or almost.

in PvP

Posted by: MissCee.1295

MissCee.1295

I play on both EU and NA servers. Last season I played on EU and it found in general there was less toxicity and better standard of play.

This season I started again on EU, but the queues were quite lengthy and matches lopsided. Play >30 matches with a large percentage being one-sided. Returned to NA server to compare.

In just under 40 matches I’ve seen faster queue times and more genuinely close matches.

Population is definitely down, from what I can EU has taken the biggest blow.

My toons: Loki Thunderstruck, Loki Livewire,Loki Spellbound, Loki Meanstreak

Find pvp players: https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/

NA pvp dead or almost.

in PvP

sephiroth.4217

Population is definitely down, from what I can EU has taken the biggest blow.

Is it better than NA though? I was thinkin of making the transfer for next season….

….. And Elementalist.