NA vs EU?

NA vs EU?

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

So the forums were down earlier and i went to reddit to see if something was up.

I didnt but i did how ever find that EU players claiming that NA players are trying to ruin the League for both scenes and were saying NA players are purposely doing a ton of things like fill in the leader board with multiple alts.

Not sure who said it but 1 EU player claimed that the NA players were dodging one another and werent actually playing the season.

Lol im wondering if this is the reason for the top 5 leader board is why it is, as a person who loves the drama. Can anyone share the potential inside information on this?

NA vs EU?

in PvP

Posted by: Vykoz.7803

Vykoz.7803

Well on jeffs stream yesterday he proudly explained who all the alts were in the top 5.

I think 3 of them were his.

It might seem wrong, but they are not doing anything against the system, rather they want to show the holes in the system.

Maybe someone has link for the stream, i dont watch him normally and i dont think he streams often, so i dont have it.

(edited by Vykoz.7803)

NA vs EU?

in PvP

kdaddy.5431

Well on jeffs stream yesterday he proudly explained who all the alts were in the top 5.

I think 3 of them were his.

It might seem wrong, but they are not doing anything against the system, rather they want to show the holes in the system.

Maybe someone has link for the stream, i dont watch him normally and i dont think he streams often, so i dont have it.

Ohhh ok, im fine with that. Anet does these 1/2 attempts at patches so thats to be expected.

I more wondering about the potential issue between NA and EU. The EU player on reddit was saying the NA players are trying to ruin the PvP scene in the game.

Ill go check and see if i can repost there post.

NA vs EU?

in PvP

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

Some salty NA pro league players go to EU to troll the queues by throwing matches (eg. p/p thief) is that what you’re asking about

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

NA vs EU?

in PvP

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

This is NA culture right now: Gaming the system. Look at the “president”. This season got gamed. Hopefully next season does a bit better. We need some safeguards in place.

NA vs EU?

in PvP

Posted by: Urejt.5648

Urejt.5648

its ok to have alts. But decay system is not too punishing so they steal too many spots in top 250.
Maybe decay should be daily -100 and recovery only 50 per game.

Yo Hooj Jest Pole

NA vs EU?

in PvP

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Things you need to understand (I’m oceanic btw so my bias is A++)

1) EU and all people represented there are beacons of holy light, and the moral compass by which all humanity finds it’s way.

2) NA players are not only evil, but they’re trash players incapable of raising above a level with the ground to be able to even SEE the shoes of the godly EU players.

3) Source for these facts can be found on any random internet forum where GW2 players frequent. Such truths are stated over and over again by a vast number, albeit variety of EU players, therefor you know it’s wholly correct.

4) Because of EU’s moral superiority, no other source is necessary. Rest assured you can take their word for it.

NA vs EU?

in PvP

Posted by: Burn.5401

Burn.5401

I don’t understand what this topic has to do with EU, you’re discussing the NA ladder entirely.

NA vs EU?

in PvP

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

There is some alt accounting going on in EU and there’s certainly some members of the PvP scene in EU with a history of exploiting the system turning it into a car crash.

The alt accounting doesn’t seem too bad in EU except for the throwing games with other ESL players from NA but I don’t play at that level so can only say I’ve heard the rumours from Helseths stream and sindreners

NA vs EU?

in PvP

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

Maybe they meant NA players having alt accs on EU servers mimicking the atrocious & utterly ungodly sight that is top NA ladder atm aka gaming the system; letting their alts clog up the leaderboard securing undeserved positions.

“Where there’s a way, there’s a will.”

NA vs EU?

in PvP

Posted by: Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

The EU vs NA thing is fun and spices up competition. Some acceptable trashtalking should be allowed. As long as it doesn’t result in full on flame wars.

NA vs EU?

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

NA pro players are ruining everyone’s enjoyment of season 5, all you see are these so called pro players duo Qing and stomping others w/ there alt accounts. ( not all of them are of course ) and whats sad is there is a video of them talking in TS about throwing matches. that’s match manipulation. its really sad because i always root for NA to win during every tourney even if i know most of them sucks and most likely would never win against EU. and yes i’m NA player in case you think i’m bias.

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

NA vs EU?

in PvP

Posted by: abaddon.3290

abaddon.3290

Things you need to understand (I’m oceanic btw so my bias is A++)

1) EU and all people represented there are beacons of holy light, and the moral compass by which all humanity finds it’s way.

2) NA players are not only evil, but they’re trash players incapable of raising above a level with the ground to be able to even SEE the shoes of the godly EU players.

3) Source for these facts can be found on any random internet forum where GW2 players frequent. Such truths are stated over and over again by a vast number, albeit variety of EU players, therefor you know it’s wholly correct.

4) Because of EU’s moral superiority, no other source is necessary. Rest assured you can take their word for it.

thats what i read from every eu player who starts about whos better.people pretend because eu esl teams are better that means they themselves are better. not the case

im bad at sarcasm

NA vs EU?

in PvP

Posted by: sexuallegend.2153

sexuallegend.2153

Yea ESL pro’s might be better than the NA pro’s (besides me), but I just moved over to EU servers and to be honest, it’s much easier for me than in NA. This EU>NA meme is old and outdated lmao. I’m currently the best pixel for pixel fighter in the game and I’ve proven it repeatedly.

Shadow, the Legend Myth
(Shadow the Jedi, An Arrogant Samurai, The Legend Myth, One Of The Avengers)
Best Player Episode 4 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgpC1yIGFB0

NA vs EU?

in PvP

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

The gist of it was that allegedly, the NA top leaderboards are full of players queue dodging, throwing matches and paying people to d/c to avoid losing rating, and they have since moved to the EU leaderboards to try to do the same thing. Apparently, in EU this behavior is less tolerated. According to Helseth this behavior is why NA has less skilled players than EU.

NA vs EU?

in PvP

Ross Biddle.2367

The gist of it was that allegedly, the NA top leaderboards are full of players queue dodging, throwing matches and paying people to d/c to avoid losing rating, and they have since moved to the EU leaderboards to try to do the same thing. Apparently, in EU this behavior is less tolerated. According to Helseth this behavior is why NA has less skilled players than EU.

Attachments:

NA vs EU?

in PvP

apharma.3741

NA pro players are ruining everyone’s enjoyment of season 5, all you see are these so called pro players duo Qing and stomping others w/ there alt accounts. ( not all of them are of course ) and whats sad is there is a video of them talking in TS about throwing matches. that’s match manipulation. its really sad because i always root for NA to win during every tourney even if i know most of them sucks and most likely would never win against EU. and yes i’m NA player in case you think i’m bias.

Oh there’s a video? How do you find this thing or has it already been deleted off the internet by the men in black suits trying to keep esports a sacrilegious event?

NA vs EU?

in PvP

Posted by: Soothsayer.9206

Soothsayer.9206

if any of this, even in part, is true, then sPvP could be in real trouble; it’s a shame really! why not just relegate f2p alts to unranked prohibiting them in ranked altogether, couple that with a full MMR reset at the beginning of each season? wouldn’t this make people to have to earn their top spot? couldn’t these things help minimize match manipulation in a large degree? disturbing allegations if true.

Kyrie eleison…Dies irae, dies illa…Quando judex est venturus

NA vs EU?

in PvP

Posted by: Struct.7453

Struct.7453

maybe its due to all the cheating. I have considered creating a second account with some random name just to play spvp. My roommate and I play gw2 spvp, we connect to the same internet. My client when logged on from any machine in the house will always disconnect if I am logged in as my main account. i get disconnected from the game at least 3-5 times a match. We still win sometimes if the other players are sleeping. Meanwhile the other account is cranking along no net issues what so ever. Also the game only disconnects me when i play the following modes EoTM, WvW and PVP. PVE is 99.999% up. I can raid every single world event boss without a single disconnection net error code issue.

NA vs EU?

in PvP

Ross Biddle.2367

if any of this, even in part, is true, then sPvP could be in real trouble; it’s a shame really! why not just relegate f2p alts to unranked prohibiting them in ranked altogether, couple that with a full MMR reset at the beginning of each season? wouldn’t this make people to have to earn their top spot? couldn’t these things help minimize match manipulation in a large degree? disturbing allegations if true.

This is a nice idea. However long time GW2 players, or the heavily invested ones doing this sort of thing, own multiple full copies of the game. You can own alt accounts without them being f2p.

NA vs EU?

in PvP

Posted by: Celtus.8456

Celtus.8456

qft…and we can blame these people for gaming the system so much, and for not honorably representing the ‘pro league’ and esports (can’t type that with a straight face), for further sending the ‘pvp scene’ down the gutter.

But really ArenaNet has been floundering around forever about how to reinvent the pvp systems, always with some glaring flaws or another, never distinctly better than at the beginning, etc. And the balance is still kittened and very little room for build making/creativity/‘guild warsing’ since the patches leading up to HoT.

tl;dr just let it burn

Josre
Zulu Ox Tactics [zulu]

NA vs EU?

in PvP

Posted by: Soothsayer.9206

Soothsayer.9206

This is a nice idea. However long time GW2 players, or the heavily invested ones doing this sort of thing, own multiple full copies of the game. You can own alt accounts without them being f2p.

wow, totally forgot about that! now that you bring it up, why in the world would someone spend extra real money on alt accounts (real GW2 accounts are not cheap especially with HoT expansion)? do people really go through that much trouble? for what purpose? anyway, thanks! was just thinking that something is better than nothing.

Kyrie eleison…Dies irae, dies illa…Quando judex est venturus

NA vs EU?

in PvP

apharma.3741

qft…and we can blame these people for gaming the system so much, and for not honorably representing the ‘pro league’ and esports (can’t type that with a straight face), for further sending the ‘pvp scene’ down the gutter.

But really ArenaNet has been floundering around forever about how to reinvent the pvp systems, always with some glaring flaws or another, never distinctly better than at the beginning, etc. And the balance is still kittened and very little room for build making/creativity/‘guild warsing’ since the patches leading up to HoT.

tl;dr just let it burn

6 of one and half a dozen of the other I think applies here. Yes ANet could make it clear only 1 unique IP/computer combo can be on the leaderboard but on the other hand the implicated NA players are really trying to take a giant dump on a lot of players.

Even then you run into problems of shared computers where 2 people might have different accounts on the same PC for different people, for real not these abjured people exploiting the system.

Like it or not the players are very much to blame for this in many ways, ANet isn’t free of blame but you don’t have to make several new accounts to show it’s a bit off, certainly not place 3 of them in the top 10 of such a small elitist pool of players.

@soothsayer, ANet have periods where they sell the game at very cheap prices, we’re due one soon probably, you could pick it up for what 10 dollars sometimes, might be 15-20 soon which isn’t that much.

(edited by apharma.3741)

NA vs EU?

in PvP

Ross Biddle.2367

wow, totally forgot about that! now that you bring it up, why in the world would someone spend extra real money on alt accounts (real GW2 accounts are not cheap especially with HoT expansion)? do people really go through that much trouble? for what purpose? anyway, thanks! was just thinking that something is better than nothing.

There was a time before HoT when GW2 was on a super sale. This was back in my WvW days, and because of the way servers worked, I knew a lot of players who brought multiple extra accounts so they could futs around with alt accounts on enemy servers.

Every now and again there’s a sale. What’s a few bucks to a gamer? I spent all of $100 on this game for thousands upon thousands upon thousands of hours of entertainment XD

NA vs EU?

in PvP

kdaddy.5431

NA is a joke and the scene constantly destroys itself.
It’s pathethic. They could have elevated the game to such a higher state on their side, finally getting some proper competition rather than the dumb circlejerk they have but no, the egos of a bunch of underachievers is way too important so they continue to destroy what they have.
Meanwhile the top of eu all have 150+ games now, actively try to snipe eachother to have games as competitive as possible and discourage alt accounting and qing in odd times. (see; the treatment of zapddos and blackjack who are the only people who legit try to do what you guys do, funny that the most hated (and banned) team of eu basically just does standard NA actions)
The same was seen when the guild ladder leaderboard was out – all NA teams started trying to farm it in all the most dishonest bs ways possible. When carcrash decided to do the same on europe the EU scene decided to just do inhouses and scrims so that there was healthy competition while freezing CC out and shutting down this behavior.
Everyone on that leaderboard part of the problem while doing this and I’ve spoken to p much everyone on there about it. The problem is from the top down since NOBODY on NA will actively try to take a stance for making your own scene better. That is your job to do. Instead, you kitten up your own ladder and then come to EU ladder in a sad attempt to kitten it up aswell.
Grow up, all of you. If you spent half the time you did finding out ways to ruin your own community on getting good instead maybe you would have produced more than a single good team that had amazing record of going 4-10 vs eu teams in games in 2016.

NA vs EU?

in PvP

kdaddy.5431

^^^ that comment is from Lord helseth

NA vs EU?

in PvP

Posted by: Phineas Poe.3018

Phineas Poe.3018

its ok to have alts. But decay system is not too punishing so they steal too many spots in top 250.
Maybe decay should be daily -100 and recovery only 50 per game.

Decay isn’t the problem. Placements are the problem.

Players should be put into Gold 3/Platinum 1 at most after their placement games.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

NA vs EU?

in PvP

Ross Biddle.2367

It’s pathethic. They could have elevated the game to such a higher state on their side, finally getting some proper competition rather than the dumb circlejerk they have but no, the egos of a bunch of underachievers is way too important so they continue to destroy what they have.
Meanwhile the top of eu all have 150+ games now, actively try to snipe eachother to have games as competitive as possible and discourage alt accounting and qing in odd times. (see; the treatment of zapddos and blackjack who are the only people who legit try to do what you guys do, funny that the most hated (and banned) team of eu basically just does standard NA actions)
The same was seen when the guild ladder leaderboard was out – all NA teams started trying to farm it in all the most dishonest bs ways possible. When carcrash decided to do the same on europe the EU scene decided to just do inhouses and scrims so that there was healthy competition while freezing CC out and shutting down this behavior.
Everyone on that leaderboard part of the problem while doing this and I’ve spoken to p much everyone on there about it. The problem is from the top down since NOBODY on NA will actively try to take a stance for making your own scene better. That is your job to do. Instead, you kitten up your own ladder and then come to EU ladder in a sad attempt to kitten it up aswell.
Grow up, all of you. If you spent half the time you did finding out ways to ruin your own community on getting good instead maybe you would have produced more than a single good team that had amazing record of going 4-10 vs eu teams in games in 2016.

Attachments:

NA vs EU?

in PvP

apharma.3741

You forgot big, strong, courageous, virtuous and master of all.

NA vs EU?

in PvP

Posted by: Archon.6480

Archon.6480

…or just enhance the algorithm that determines initial rating.

Jade Quarry – Esparie
Illustrious Exhausted Primordial Legendary Druid, and Mesmer for fun
PvE | PvP (1500)| WvW | Fractals | Dungeons

NA vs EU?

in PvP

kdaddy.5431

Just a FYI I took that comment from reddit, there was a post by Jeff on reddit as well but he comments on this forum so i dont want to speak for him in any fashion.

I posted those comments to let everyone know what i was referring to.

I honestly didnt know that EU and NA had legit beef. So hearing some of the top level players in the game kind of messing with one another is a interesting find.

NA vs EU?

in PvP

Posted by: Archon.6480

Archon.6480

Just a FYI I took that comment from reddit, there was a post by Jeff on reddit as well but he comments on this forum so i dont want to speak for him in any fashion.

I honestly didnt know that EU and NA had legit beef. So hearing some of the top level players in the game kind of messing with one another is a interesting find.

Oh yeah, totally got that. It fun to know as well. Seems like there is more activity on Reddit than on forums. I wonder why?

Jade Quarry – Esparie
Illustrious Exhausted Primordial Legendary Druid, and Mesmer for fun
PvE | PvP (1500)| WvW | Fractals | Dungeons

NA vs EU?

in PvP

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

Oh yeah, totally got that. It fun to know as well. Seems like there is more activity on Reddit than on forums. I wonder why?

Because everything on the forums is heavily moderated and if someone is even slightly offended by your post (including anet) it gets deleted and you get an infraction.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

NA vs EU?

in PvP

kdaddy.5431

Yeah im not a fan of reddit.

I was only there because GW2 was shut down for a minute. I just stumbled upon the 2-3 comments by some of the best players in the game talking smack but giving no details.

Reddit is the future i guess.

NA vs EU?

in PvP

Posted by: sexuallegend.2153

sexuallegend.2153

LMAO dude….there is no beef at all lel. Honestly, EU pros are better than MOST of NA’s pros. But this meme was only valid before I returned. I even switched to EU servers to repeatedly prove how good I was. I dueled a world champion 1v2 and nearly beat him. Had him down below 25% hp and he had a warrior helping. My apologies for repeatedly emoting him.

But it’s all fun and games for me. I don’t hate any EU players or the NA abusers. This is only because I know what true skill is in the game and it cannot be beaten by any 1 player. Anet, while creating many low skill builds, has still retained the element of skill. So I honestly think if you are exceptionally skilled, you will earn your way.

Oh and more on the quote from LH….yea he’s a bit full of himself. I won’t say much to spoil it, but I’ll be in the finals this year and given how my 1v2 went with one of his teammates, I can’t say that I’ll have much of a contest.

Forum Signature

I am Shadow the Jedi, the most mechanically skilled individual in the world.
https://www.twitch.tv/themostchampion/v/109982102

Shadow, the Legend Myth
(Shadow the Jedi, An Arrogant Samurai, The Legend Myth, One Of The Avengers)
Best Player Episode 4 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgpC1yIGFB0