NARROW THE RANGE

NARROW THE RANGE

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

I’m getting consistently stomped, lost 2 divisions today.

I believe the MMR range for the matchmaking has been extended to make for faster matches.

It was going so well… I had been over a 50% win rate, now I am just happy to lose by less than 200 points.

The MMR range for matches needs to be narrowed… Faster queues mean nothing if match quality suffers.

Mesmerising Girl

(edited by Ithilwen.1529)

NARROW THE RANGE

in PvP

Posted by: Exedore.6320

Exedore.6320

Before you make whine posts on the forums, you should understand how the system works.

Tier/badge is based on rating. Your rating is not absolute; it’s where you place relative to other players. When a rating system starts, everyone is in the middle and it takes time to spread out. As people toward the middle spread out, it forces people on the fringes further out. This is typically manifested by losing more games than winning if you’re on the lower end or winning more games than losing on the higher end.

If your particular case, if you’re losing more than winning and losing games by a wider margin, you’re likely over-rated compared to where you should be. If you stopped playing frequently for a few days, this is not unexpected.

Kirrena Rosenkreutz

NARROW THE RANGE

in PvP

Posted by: MissCee.1295

MissCee.1295

How many threads and how many different ways can the same thing be said?

My toons: Loki Thunderstruck, Loki Livewire,Loki Spellbound, Loki Meanstreak

Find pvp players: https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/

NARROW THE RANGE

in PvP

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

How many threads and how many different ways can the same thing be said?

And none of those got any single feedback. Classic.

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

NARROW THE RANGE

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

First, I have been playing regularly.

Second, I believe we are in a second “first week.” The system is set up in such a way that players are potentially punished for playing. They risk there MMR.

Therefore, I think players are switching to alts leaving there mains at a desirable position on the ladder. This causes the same sort of confused match making we had as people were completing there placement matches.

I believe there is a secondary mechanic as well. There are relatively few playing after the initial rush. This forces the matchmaker to search further to gather a match together.

This is what I meant by “narrow the range.” The matchmaker is grabbing players at wildly different levels, I believe based on observation. That causes poor match quality.

Mesmerising Girl

NARROW THE RANGE

in PvP

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

You’re not wrong Ithilwen. I was 1700 MMR and playing against people in the 2050 range (duo too!) in week 1. Nothing has changed in the algorithm I believe, I just think it’s more obvious what the flaws are now that the population surge has subsided and you’re seeing what we saw on the outliers in week 1.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

NARROW THE RANGE

in PvP

Posted by: Ruru.1302

Ruru.1302

I think you were just seeded too high.

mag
[Mada] Apocryfia

NARROW THE RANGE

in PvP

Posted by: Archon.6480

Archon.6480

Regardless of where you are seeded, I too think the range should be narrowed a bit. Maybe add another 30s to the queue time to try to find players within a smaller range.

It’s hard to say if that is the issue, it really may be that too many “pro-ish” players have smurf accounts which are throwing everything off. It would stink if half the accounts in the top 250 are smurfs…

Jade Quarry – Esparie
Illustrious Exhausted Primordial Legendary Druid, and Mesmer for fun
PvE | PvP (1500)| WvW | Fractals | Dungeons

NARROW THE RANGE

in PvP

Posted by: Exedore.6320

Exedore.6320

The pro smurfs have no trouble getting to platinum in a few games. Pretty sure OP would never run into them.

Kirrena Rosenkreutz