NERF ELE

NERF ELE

in PvP

Posted by: Demonts.4593

Demonts.4593

Waaaaay too OP. Best healing and damage in the game!!!

NERF ELE

in PvP

Posted by: Myst.5783

Myst.5783

My thief sneezed in stealth after getting tickled by all those fancy effects and sent an ele from 100% to double downed.

Currently playing: Mesmer/Ele/Theif
JQ

NERF ELE

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

People who play ele sure do write a lot of threads.

NERF ELE

in PvP

Posted by: Ganathar.4956

Ganathar.4956

People who play ele sure do write a lot of threads.

Judging by the OP’s posting history I’d say that he mains a thief.

NERF ELE

in PvP

style.6173

At this point, I’m sure a lot of people play multiple classes.

NERF ELE

in PvP

Posted by: Ganathar.4956

Ganathar.4956

At this point, I’m sure a lot of people play multiple classes.

Which means that they should “generally” have a better understanding of which classes overperform and which classes underperform.

NERF ELE

in PvP

style.6173

so? Not sure your point. All I said is that people who play eles write a lot of threads. That is true.

NERF ELE

in PvP

Posted by: cheese.4739

cheese.4739

Style sure does reply to a lot of threads.

NERF ELE

in PvP

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

so? Not sure your point. All I said is that people who play eles write a lot of threads. That is true.

This is true. The length of time that eles have had to struggle, combined with how bad they are makes it really painful that Anet is taking FOREVER with their balance cycles.

However, this guy actually believes that eles are OP from his past posts, I think.

NERF ELE

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Zoose is OP. Nerf Zoose!

I wonder how eles will be after next “balance patch”. Devs said something about staff eles being strong and such.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

NERF ELE

in PvP

Posted by: Ryld.1340

Ryld.1340

Zoose is OP. Nerf Zoose!

I wonder how eles will be after next “balance patch”. Devs said something about staff eles being strong and such.

30 Water (Cleansing Waters) will have its ICD removed, letting Healing Rain remove an AoE ~6 conditions.

But again, that’s only if you take 30 Water. Which you don’t. Because 20 Earth + Ether Renewal as well as 20 Water and 30 Arcane is how you would go. I’m pretty sure going back to 0 0 10 30 30 with SoR won’t be worth it.

NERF ELE

in PvP

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

Well given the past track record, here are the options:

1. They will nerf a few of the key traits giving ele any semblance of viability, hoping that by making them worse, the garbage in most trait lines will look better.
2. The will give a few token buffs but not address the key issue really, which actually lies in other classes being unreasonably OP. Any buffs will be counter-acted by further buffs to thieves/warriors.
3. They will buff ele through the roof and make it insanely OP because doing #2 for a while didn’t work. If people don’t immediately realize this, they will do something like reduce the health threshold on diamond skin to 50% just to drive the point home.

My money is on #2.

NERF ELE

in PvP

Posted by: Wintel.4873

Wintel.4873

Well given the past track record, here are the options:

1. They will nerf a few of the key traits giving ele any semblance of viability, hoping that by making them worse, the garbage in most trait lines will look better.
2. The will give a few token buffs but not address the key issue really, which actually lies in other classes being unreasonably OP. Any buffs will be counter-acted by further buffs to thieves/warriors.
3. They will buff ele through the roof and make it insanely OP because doing #2 for a while didn’t work. If people don’t immediately realize this, they will do something like reduce the health threshold on diamond skin to 50% just to drive the point home.

My money is on #2.

I wouldn’t say other classes are OP.

Ele’s have always been crippled by long attunement cooldowns, long ability cooldowns and having the lowest health+armor with no built-in survival mechanic comparable to stealth or clones.
The only reason D/D Cantrip did well was because of very high healing coefficients, 15-20 second RTL’s and blast finishers all over the place. So there were 1-2 specific builds that worked extremely well in PvP/WvW and everything else was garbage.
Only once the supposedly “OP” things were brought in line, THEN we got to see the kind of issues Ele’s really suffer at the core…they always have.

Something felt off with Elethe moment I started playing GW2. The ridiculous cast/telegraph times (dragon’s tooth, seriously?), weak autoattacks, crazy long cooldowns and getting killed so easily didn’t make sense to me. I concluded that maybe I was just really bad at the game….only to realize later (while leveling any other class) that everything felt 5x easier in terms of killing stuff and staying alive.

Many others have expressed a similar experience from the opposite perspective, i.e. they leveled something like a guardian/mesmer/engi first, then started leveling an Ele only to realize that suddenly they were CONSTANTLY dying. So they concluded either “ele isn’t the class for me!” or “oh man, I’m really bad at ele!”. That’s just not right.

NERF ELE

in PvP

Posted by: Vylor.3276

Vylor.3276

The only thing ele is “struggling” with are scrubs who cant play a class that requires skill. Sure, ele is behind the other classes, but not by much. Learn how to play ele, then talk about them being underpowered.

Kizger Scorchclaw
Champion Magus/Paragon
80 Elementalist of [APeX]

NERF ELE

in PvP

Posted by: Oidmetala.8426

Oidmetala.8426

just diamond skin is a pain for this game

there should be zero traits like this.
there is zero counterplay as condi, zero chance to show your skill in a 1vs1.
just die because you cant dmg.

thats the only problem,
kitten traids on engi condi immune
and kitten traits on ele dmg immune

thats active gameplay gg anet

Team Erotic Solitude Legends [ESL]
Spirit Ranger Yilvina Darnus
Bunker Guardian Morwenna Darnus

NERF ELE

in PvP

Posted by: Wintel.4873

Wintel.4873

The only thing ele is “struggling” with are scrubs who cant play a class that requires skill.

Why should scrubs bother getting “skilled” with a class that doesn’t even reward skill?

It’s far better to spend that time & effort learning to play an Engineer or Thief for vastly better performance.

Think before posting.

NERF ELE

in PvP

Posted by: Ugruk.4069

Ugruk.4069

The only thing ele is “struggling” with are scrubs who cant play a class that requires skill. Sure, ele is behind the other classes, but not by much. Learn how to play ele, then talk about them being underpowered.

Teach me master, because mouthbreathing players playing OP classes can still kitten my kitten …