NEW mode incoming 2v2!

NEW mode incoming 2v2!

in PvP

Posted by: Jaxom.7310

Jaxom.7310

can it be tru? only 5 years down the line, but improvement and including a new feature is always good news

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/get-ready-for-the-june-2017-competitive-feature-pack/

the link might be dead still but the news

PvPā€”June 20

Automated tournaments are the future of competitive PvP in Guild Wars 2, and will let you compete in three daily tournaments for a chance to qualify for a monthly tournament and earn >prestigious rewards! Structured PvP will also be updated with a custom arena map for 2v2 battles and a new and improved PvP lobby to hang out in.

apparently, pvp devs do exist

edit: per nightshade below, it was posted in reddit

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/6efgkz/get_ready_for_the_june_2017_competitive_feature/

Attachments:

(edited by Jaxom.7310)

NEW mode incoming 2v2!

in PvP

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

all i get its a 404 if u know what i ment

… was to good to be truth… well back to ricing my laptop^^

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

NEW mode incoming 2v2!

in PvP

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

Lies, you’re making this all up! No way would anet do something this right.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

NEW mode incoming 2v2!

in PvP

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

i smell a troll.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

NEW mode incoming 2v2!

in PvP

Posted by: Nightshade.2570

Nightshade.2570

Its possibly ANET is trolling us but hes not making it up. Reddit captured teh original post before it was taken down..

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/6efgkz/get_ready_for_the_june_2017_competitive_feature/

NEW mode incoming 2v2!

in PvP

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

Its possibly ANET is trolling us but hes not making it up. Reddit captured teh original post before it was taken down..

ok my apologies then if its true, however if ANET took it down maybe its not ready yet and has been delayed.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

NEW mode incoming 2v2!

in PvP

Posted by: Phineas Poe.3018

Phineas Poe.3018

Why put in all the effort to make a 2v2 mode only to have it in custom arenas and not have a queue system for it?

Bizarre.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

NEW mode incoming 2v2!

in PvP

Jaxom.7310

sorry i forgot to link to the reddit thread. you may revoke any internet points i made

NEW mode incoming 2v2!

in PvP

Nightshade.2570

Yes I just caught this, the 2v2 mode is in Custom Arenas? I don’t understand? Why would they do this?

Can we get some clarification? I just want to know exactly what this is for, practice? or? Is it tied to the tournament system? Can you go up randomly against other duos?

NEW mode incoming 2v2!

in PvP

Jaxom.7310

Why put in all the effort to make a 2v2 mode only to have it in custom arenas and not have a queue system for it?

Bizarre.

agreed with this. in my excitement, i read it as they custom made arenas for 2v2, and not they are adding 2v2 to the Custom Arenas , which yes is quite lame. “2v2 dailies guild ONLY” in the server list incoming a suppose

NEW mode incoming 2v2!

in PvP

Nightshade.2570

Bizarre.

agreed with this. in my excitement, i read it as they custom made arenas for 2v2, and not they are adding 2v2 to the Custom Arenas , which yes is quite lame. “2v2 dailies guild ONLY” in the server list incoming a suppose

I dont understand its purpose I to am a little sad about this.

NEW mode incoming 2v2!

in PvP

Posted by: Abelisk.4527

Abelisk.4527

Link works for me!

NEW mode incoming 2v2!

in PvP

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I wouldn’t call this its own ‘mode’ anymore than having courtyard available made ‘annihilation’ an available mode. This is merely adding a single map to support (in a limited fashion) a specific user desire. In this case, the desire for 2v2. Its one map that you can set up in custom arenas, if you so desire. I wouldn’t be surprised if a modified courtyard was the map we saw for this purpose.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

NEW mode incoming 2v2!

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

actually feel like coming out of hibernation now. 2v2 is very exciting!!!

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

NEW mode incoming 2v2!

in PvP

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

Couldn’t you already set up 2v2s in custom games? Lol

Also game isn’t balanced enough for this type of thing, If two flavours of power mes vs two flavours of thief, it’s going to be a pretty one sided match.

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

NEW mode incoming 2v2!

in PvP

Aeolus.3615

instead of reducing the spam on this game, they choosed to reduce the number of players XD to cut the spam.

Typical Anet, well its something.

NEW mode incoming 2v2!

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

earn prestigious rewards—— aka llamas kek

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

NEW mode incoming 2v2!

in PvP

Nightshade.2570

I wouldn’t call this its own ‘mode’ anymore than having courtyard available made ‘annihilation’ an available mode. This is merely adding a single map to support (in a limited fashion) a specific user desire. In this case, the desire for 2v2. Its one map that you can set up in custom arenas, if you so desire. I wouldn’t be surprised if a modified courtyard was the map we saw for this purpose.

Yeah this is what I am surmising I am hoping they are testing things for future but who knows.

NEW mode incoming 2v2!

in PvP

Posted by: Mr Godlike.6098

Mr Godlike.6098

still have to play 1 year old meta – checked
still have to play heallbot to do anything – checked
still no legendary armor…or anything new for hardcore pvp’ers – checked
still no competitive anest event’s or any anet support for pvp streams – checked
still we are talking about what anet might do based of their silence and zero dev feedback – checked

Everything looks fine so I am going to ignore completely season 7.

Was depressed ele…now depressed druid
Kawaleria (KW)

NEW mode incoming 2v2!

in PvP

Posted by: Zintrothen.1056

Zintrothen.1056

Incoming ele/necro teams. Or warrior/ele. Either way, eles will be godly. Any profession that does better in smaller groups will be godly. Thieves maybe being the exception. Mesmers might also be great because they can set up a portal for escaping bad situations, as long as this won’t be a point based game mode. I can see heavy condi teams being fantastic too. Really, anything that previously couldn’t do well in a 5v5 mode because of the extreme damage will have an easier time because only two players can damage them, and it’s a lot easier to run a squishier build in smaller scale fights. Again, thieves being the exception because they just don’t do well in equal fights against competent players.

Maybe it’s set up in custom arenas for the sake of spectating. It would be great to set up a large arena that can allow a large quantity of players to watch. But also set it up so that spectators cannot communicate with players in a match, to prevent griefing. Post game griefers can be blocked.

(edited by Zintrothen.1056)

NEW mode incoming 2v2!

in PvP

Posted by: Emtiarbi.3281

Emtiarbi.3281

The key word here is “Custom Arenas”. I hope is just a test for a future real deathmatch like gamemode

Anredhal Amethyst – Lain Amethyst – Orss Jerre

NEW mode incoming 2v2!

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

If it’s custom arenas only then it’s only a test run until more players ask for it in Leagues.

I just hope that it’s done right: add in time limits, rounds, and a “lowest average health loses” like WoW has it.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

NEW mode incoming 2v2!

in PvP

Shaogin.2679

2v2 has the potential to be an actual competitive environment worthy of the leaderboards if done right. This 5v5 with random teammates is like taking random battlegrounds from WoW, slapping a leaderboard on it, and pretending it’s a competitive game mode.

If they replace 5v5 with a well done 2v2 mode for ranked and then implement these in game tournaments, it could be a turning point for GW2 PvP. However, I’m certain Anet already has their top researchers looking in to how they can screw it up. :-(

Gate of Madness

NEW mode incoming 2v2!

in PvP

Posted by: Levijeh.9643

Levijeh.9643

Learn to read people it’s: “Structured PvP will also be updated with a custom arena map for 2v2 battles…”, means a custom arena “map” for 2v2 battles, not the custom arena we know.

NEW mode incoming 2v2!

in PvP

Posted by: Trigr.6481

Trigr.6481

custom arena map

This is a repeat of courtyard in a sense. Until this map is supported by its own que that’s specifically balanced with its own rule set then I could honestly care less. I don’t praise work that’s half finished.

Countless

NEW mode incoming 2v2!

in PvP

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

custom arena map

This is a repeat of courtyard in a sense. Until this map is supported by its own que that’s specifically balanced with its own rule set then I could honestly care less. I don’t praise work that’s half finished.

Countless

I wouldn’t really consider this a new game mode. As you said, there is no queue and complete rules.

Anet doesn’t seem to have enough development power to support a new game mode. Just look at stronghold. They spent so little time advertising and supporting that game mode.

But it is still a good QoL update for PvPers who want to try out something different. 2v2 is meaningful even in a 5v5 conquest match mode. It also makes it easier for players who want to focus on practicing some mechanical skills to find a good place to do so.

(edited by Exciton.8942)

NEW mode incoming 2v2!

in PvP

Jaxom.7310

as i admitted above, in my excitement about anything pvp other than conquest, my brain made a jump to new mode. forgive me

Attachments:

NEW mode incoming 2v2!

in PvP

Trigr.6481

custom arena map

Countless

I wouldn’t really consider this a new game mode. As you said, there is no queue and complete rules.

Anet doesn’t seem to have enough development power to support a new game mode. Just look at stronghold. They spent so little time advertising and supporting that game mode.

But it is still a good QoL update for PvPers who want to try out something different. 2v2 is meaningful even in a 5v5 conquest match mode. It also makes it easier for players who want to focus on practicing some mechanical skills to find a good place to do so.

It’s lazy implementation. Either push it out when its ready or not at all. Because while I want 2v2 and 3v3 deathmatch, but pushing out a single map with conquest rules is only going to have the same result as courtyard, with the same type of negative stigma from it as well, which is probably going to discourage them from finishing the job.

If courtyard isn’t a supported gametype, do you honestly believe that they are going to follow through? I’ll believe it when I see it. But based off them putting out only a map as a stand alone deal with no indication that there’s nothing else on the way, I highly doubt it.

Countless

NEW mode incoming 2v2!

in PvP

Posted by: Sharen Graves.1276

Sharen Graves.1276

But did they fix the class stacking…..

NEW mode incoming 2v2!

in PvP

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

I’m sure people will be complaining about OP match ups within the first week of its release. It will be the GW1 Hero Battles all over again.

NEW mode incoming 2v2!

in PvP

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

custom arena map

Countless

It’s lazy implementation. Either push it out when its ready or not at all. Because while I want 2v2 and 3v3 deathmatch, but pushing out a single map with conquest rules is only going to have the same result as courtyard, with the same type of negative stigma from it as well, which is probably going to discourage them from finishing the job.

If courtyard isn’t a supported gametype, do you honestly believe that they are going to follow through? I’ll believe it when I see it. But based off them putting out only a map as a stand alone deal with no indication that there’s nothing else on the way, I highly doubt it.

Countless

Could putting this in public rooms be a poor mans PTR? I mean it’s also the easy solution. But it’s something needed for the format to succeed.

And people are less sour about “broken fun thing”, than “broken official” thing.

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

(edited by Daishi.6027)

NEW mode incoming 2v2!

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

Its not tournaments so it is pointless. You can do 2v2 already on any map you like.

None of these infrastructure changes mean anything when the gameplay is so stale and bad. The game just isnt fun since the trait-merge power creep patch.

Nothing will change this so their game will continue to die. It is basically dead already, look at the money (lack of money) the game is making.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

NEW mode incoming 2v2!

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

2v2 is not exciting me much. It will take all of a day for people to figure out the optimal pairings. Then it will be same old story.

Mesmerising Girl

NEW mode incoming 2v2!

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

Learn to read people it’s: “Structured PvP will also be updated with a custom arena map for 2v2 battles…”, means a custom arena “map” for 2v2 battles, not the custom arena we know.

Structured PvP will also be updated with a custom arena map for 2v2 battles

This is what we read when you put SPvP and 2v2 Battles in the same sentence. It means we’re getting 2v2 Battles in Unranked Queue. Anything less and we’ll all rage at once.

You can’t say Anet is adding a map designed for 2v2 without adding a 2v2 game mode in some shape or form. Even a Hotjoin 2v2 game mode is fine, for now. A lot of players will be disappointed if it’s just a plain custom arena map.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

(edited by Saiyan.1704)

NEW mode incoming 2v2!

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

OMG 2:2 mode and automated tournaments…. Is there hope for PvP? :-).
Well 2:2 should have a Q and maps. Throwing in custom arena is a nice training mode but not more but definitely an improvement.

NEW mode incoming 2v2!

in PvP

Posted by: Ralkuth.1456

Ralkuth.1456

What I’m hopeful for is that 2v2 deathmatch be a thing. Separate rankings, variety of duelist builds. Different rewards, skins, titles.

This may attract the [WvW Roamers] PvP players that were more interested in dueling and killing, than outnumbering in the mess that is 5v5.

As former WoW players will know, 5v5 is a bit of a clusterflower.

If we get 2v2, it will be brief and exhilarating. Just go in for a short fight when you want to, no need to drag out your loss.

P.S. Anet, save my friends. I told them of the changes to WvW and PvP, but they are so dead inside they just gave spiteful remarks. They loved this game.

5 useless class titles
Carrying enemy team since 2012
“Multiclass implies you can actually play the class” – a certain royalty

(edited by Ralkuth.1456)

NEW mode incoming 2v2!

in PvP

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

somehow I doubt that fighting in the 2v2 arena will make legible for any kind of reward other than some text on the screen

NEW mode incoming 2v2!

in PvP

Posted by: Seyiwaji.4082

Seyiwaji.4082

feel nothing, no hype, no joy, nothing.

NEW mode incoming 2v2!

in PvP

Ralkuth.1456

feel nothing, no hype, no joy, nothing.

I can probably revive you, assuming Anet decides not to apply massive downed cleave.

5 useless class titles

NEW mode incoming 2v2!

in PvP

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

The game terrible class balance will just make 2v2 super frustrating.

Squishy class takes 4 seconds to do no damage at all in a large radius, 15k burst by heavy class, round over… sounds fun right?

NEW mode incoming 2v2!

in PvP

Posted by: Ziggityzog.7389

Ziggityzog.7389

What I’m hopeful for is that 2v2 deathmatch be a thing. Separate rankings, variety of duelist builds. Different rewards, skins, titles.

This may attract the [WvW Roamers] PvP players that were more interested in dueling and killing, than outnumbering in the mess that is 5v5.

As former WoW players will know, 5v5 is a bit of a clusterflower.

If we get 2v2, it will be brief and exhilarating. Just go in for a short fight when you want to, no need to drag out your loss.

P.S. Anet, save my friends. I told them of the changes to WvW and PvP, but they are so dead inside they just gave spiteful remarks. They loved this game.

This does sound great with a side non zerging pvp rank system. 2v2 is way more personal and i know a few peeps i could have a lot of fun with. now Let’s see how anet plays this out.

lol’ing at thos who use broken builds and claim to be good since 2005.

|||Necro the masterclass very few know about.|||

NEW mode incoming 2v2!

in PvP

Ralkuth.1456

This does sound great with a side non zerging pvp rank system. 2v2 is way more personal and i know a few peeps i could have a lot of fun with. now Let’s see how anet plays this out.

I just want to see duels. I also dream of duels becoming an official thing.

I’m not skilled enough to face them, but I know for a fact there are some fantastic duelists in the private arenas and fighters in WvW that give top sPvPers a run for their money in terms of mechanical skill.

However, most have no interest in circle-dancing in a 5v5 setting. Something to acknowledge and entertain these players will be very nice.

2v2 will make technicality a larger component, and maximally tweaked duel builds have a meta all their own. Of course there will be obnoxious builds, but the balance is up to Anet to fix.

Excuse me while I go stab myself in the foot for being a hyped up fool.

5 useless class titles

NEW mode incoming 2v2!

in PvP

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

if you make too many pvp modes you wont be able to balance them all together.
most balance made atm are for sustain and dmg. less about movement ie rotations.
some class are great in 1v1 but bad in team fights . so do you wanna make thief less potent in 1v1???? dont think so. etc…

2v2 is nice idea for easy balance.

in short time you will see which classes domain those area and balance them. as most 5v5 are 2v2 3v3 or 4v4 you dont want to balance by 1v1 solely.

NEW mode incoming 2v2!

in PvP

Trigr.6481

You can’t say Anet is adding a map designed for 2v2 without adding a 2v2 game mode in some shape or form. Even a Hotjoin 2v2 game mode is fine, for now. A lot of players will be disappointed if it’s just a plain custom arena map.

Sure you can, Courtyard was released on April 15 of 2014, where’s the game mode for that? You know what Courtyards lack of a game mode and A-nets standards have in common?

They don’t exist.

(edited by Trigr.6481)

NEW mode incoming 2v2!

in PvP

Shaogin.2679

Sure you can, Courtyard was released on April 15 of 2014, where’s the game mode for that? You know what Courtyards lack of a game mode and A-nets standards have in common?

They don’t exist.

Courtyard had it’s own queue in Unranked play. It was pretty much the same way Stronghold is now. It didn’t work out though, so now it is no longer in the queues. So there is no reason to assume that a 2v2 mode won’t have it’s own queue in Unranked at least.

Gate of Madness

NEW mode incoming 2v2!

in PvP

Posted by: slimike.1693

slimike.1693

If what they say is true then this will be a good patch for competitive gameplay.

-Magswag

NEW mode incoming 2v2!

in PvP

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

actually feel like coming out of hibernation now. 2v2 is very exciting!!!

Ditto.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

NEW mode incoming 2v2!

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

it is exiting. Shure there will be some class combinations that are stronger so i would have preferd 3:3 but the 2:2 has the strong play with a friend boon.

NEW mode incoming 2v2!

in PvP

Aeolus.3615

it is exiting. Shure there will be some class combinations that are stronger so i would have preferd 3:3 but the 2:2 has the strong play with a friend boon.

next expantion will increase so much the damage output creep that they need to be 2 vs 2 >:]

more condis spam, more and faster damage, more aoe/cleaves being spammed that 4vs will be almost unplayable.. and every one will be forced to use the most stupid gimmicks to look good.

NEW mode incoming 2v2!

in PvP

Aeolus.3615

./bug purging