NO, PVP DOESNT SUCK.

NO, PVP DOESNT SUCK.

in PvP

Posted by: bigo.9037

bigo.9037

its just not as good as it could be. but its definitely fun to play already. we all know there needs to be more prestige in reaching legend and that only a handful should be able to and im sure anet is trying to figure this problem out as we speak.

here on the forums theres a tendency for people just jsut spew all the negative bullkitten they can come up with and post it right away. why else would someone go to the forums amirite? they come here to complain when something is wrong cus they know it will be seen here and over time this has become home for the pessimistic noobies of gw2 who can do nothing but complain.

however. i am going to take it 1 step further. complainoxception. i go here on the forums to read about information about the game every now and then, and about a year ago i was here almost every day. not to complain.. but to read ppls posts that i find interesting and things im interested in about the game in general.

so im now going to complain about people complaining all the time. seems legit.

no, matchmaking isnt “THE WORST THING EVER IM GONNA QUIT GW2”
and you dont need to ask " WHAT HAPPENED TO PVP??? OMG PVP IS DEAD GUYS"

look. we get it. you did good last season. you probably reached diamond or legend.. good for you. but now what? youre stuck? and that means the ENTIRE system and matchmaking is completely broken?
pathetic.

heres the thing. good players ALWAYS do good. not game to game.. but overall. youre not gonna see a really good player be stuck in ruby. doesnt happen. if youre stuck.. then youre doing something wrong.
and no. you yourself doesnt count. when was the last time you saw a reeallly good player who couldnt get out of ruby? exactly. it doesnt happen. if youre there.. youre not good. youre average. there isnt really anything wrong with that.. i mean.. youre just as good as like 60 or 70 % of the pvp players..

the problem is that everyone here feels as though they are entitled to reach legend or whatever. ive seen some people with like literally 1000 AP getting to ruby within the first week of season 4. ik, AP doesnt mean anything but if you have 1000 you literally only played the game for like a week or two, lol.

so did they get lucky? yes they did. now imagine that player with 1k AP being angry at ANET in season 5 for not making him able to reach ruby again. just imagine that now ok??

thats kinda stupid isnt it? i mean.. hes so new. he doesnt really know what hes doing. he has little understanding of the depth gw2 pvp has and his mechanical skill seems clungy and newbish. as to be expected of course. hes just a new player so thats not bad at all.

well… thats kinda how all the good players see those of you who complain about the system being broken.. about how lame the meta is.. about how pvp is broken…

we see you like the rest see that 1 player who made it to ruby with only 1k AP.

sure.. you might have done well last season.. but .. if you cant do it again.. do you really deserve it? i mean luck can happen to anyone. the only way to prove you are that good is to do it again and again, like the rest of us.

right now.. i think pvp is in a good place. even for soloqueuers. it could be better .. yes.. but obviously conquest is not meant for soloq. its a teamq thing.
youll have more fun and everything will be better if we just teamed up with friends and stuff.. but obviously thats hard at low tiers since everyone is so angry at each other cus they all inherently suck but dont want to admit it.

idk how bad my turn in the mmr hell was.. but i was grinding my way through to ruby with quite a bit of effort. a little more so than my friends i was queing with at the time.

after i hit ruby, i started to have a lot of problems. i couldnt win at all with the friends i was playing with so just stopped that and played soloq instead. for 2 days straight i couldnt get more than 2 pips in tier 1 ruby. i just couldnt win at all. i lost a lot of games.. but i did win some.

after a lot of games id gotten some oppotunities to prove myself. i had won some outnumbered fights and whatnot.. a few games where we won even though the odds were against me and the other pugs. as matches were slowly starting to get more even.. i would have matches where the winner would usually only win by about 150 to 100 points or less. this is when i was really able to get back in the game.

because i was able to slightly carry the games.. i was able to win more often than not.
i mean obviously i should be able to do this since i was fighting with and against people way below my level. and then once i figured out exactly what to do against these kinda ppl at this level, i ended up spiralling my way all the way to diamond.

mmr hell can happen to anyone but if youre selfproclaimed pro player.. you dont have an excuse to stay there.

so if i could get out of MMR hell.. you can too.

stop whining pls. pvp is still good and fun to play.

(edited by bigo.9037)

NO, PVP DOESNT SUCK.

in PvP

Posted by: SneakyTouchy.6043

SneakyTouchy.6043

Overwatch is a great game for the strategically challenged. If you’re struggling in PvP, I’d recommend Overwatch to start with and then later you can move back up to Gw2. It’s great for building fundamental team-play awareness because there’s less focus on builds and more on positioning.

NO, PVP DOESNT SUCK.

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

You know why people are frustrated? We warned devs about issues with leagues many many times before seasons started. They also promised to reset MMR but they never did – we were lied to.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

NO, PVP DOESNT SUCK.

in PvP

Posted by: Yasi.9065

Yasi.9065

Overwatch is a great game for the strategically challenged. If you’re struggling in PvP, I’d recommend Overwatch to start with and then later you can move back up to Gw2. It’s great for building fundamental team-play awareness because there’s less focus on builds and more on positioning.

Overwatch reduced pvp to essentials:
- positioning
- map awareness
- teamplay
- dexterity

Guild Wars2 on the other hand has so many “oh kitten” buttons/passives in each build… you dont need those things to get an average mmr.
Basically, in GW2 you get carried by your build.

(…) they are only removing more and more elements in a nerf creep cycle.
(…)

Id wish Anet would do the same. Nerf AoEs, nerf cc, nerf passives, nerf duration and frequency of invul/block/evade frames, nerf healing, nerf unblockable/unpredictable damage, nerf elite specs in general.

At this point, Id even prefer a hero-system with new hero-builds every few months… to this unbalanced and kittened up system they have right now.

NO, PVP DOESNT SUCK.

in PvP

Posted by: JTGuevara.9018

JTGuevara.9018

uuuuhh……….yes it does…….

The thing is, OP, you miss a lot of points on why PvP sucks. We don’t just complain because of the league and our position, we complain because PvP has obviously changed for the worse.

First, the release of HoT broke the PvP balance. Thanks to the new elite specializations, PvP is really unbalanced in their favor. Elite specs and their builds are too strong compared to regular specs. If you run regular specs you don’t stand a chance. This makes for a bad, unfair environment for the majority of players. Elite specs, as of current, give you everything: power, support, bunker, condis, passive traits mostly all in one build. They take a lot of skill out of the game. Builds used to have tradeoffs, support instead of condi, power instead of bunker. There’s no sense of cost to builds anymore, everybody can do everything. The only way elite specs can be beaten is…….other elite specs…….

Second, the leagues. People warned about having leagues, that they would lose players…and yet it happened. The league system didn’t work. All the pips function did was to create a ladder to grind to legendary. It’s not a competition, not in the slightest, its a reward track. That players complain because they couldn’t advance up the divisions is inconsequential. The league system just doesn’t work. Also, no Solo Queues. Solo players went in and got farmed by teams. The leagues either should’ve had separate queues or made only for teams.

Third, esports. Twitch streams are a 1000 for a reason, nobody freakin cares about watching the SAME guys duke it out with the SAME builds in the SAME game mode since the start. Who in their right mind wants to see that? You call this progress?

Fourth, no Solo Q. I’m tired of people saying PvP is for teams. PvP is for EVERYONE. Solo players and team players had separate arenas in the past. Solo players queued individually in solo arena and team players in team arena. Now, it’s just teams. The queues got merged so solo players and teams had to queue together. And….it’s been a disaster. Leagues are an obvious example.

But do go ahead and tell me PvP is ‘fine’.

NO, PVP DOESNT SUCK.

in PvP

Posted by: geekilo.8512

geekilo.8512

uuuuhh……….yes it does…….

The thing is, OP, you miss a lot of points on why PvP sucks. We don’t just complain because of the league and our position, we complain because PvP has obviously changed for the worse.

First, the release of HoT broke the PvP balance. Thanks to the new elite specializations, PvP is really unbalanced in their favor. Elite specs and their builds are too strong compared to regular specs. If you run regular specs you don’t stand a chance. This makes for a bad, unfair environment for the majority of players. Elite specs, as of current, give you everything: power, support, bunker, condis, passive traits mostly all in one build. They take a lot of skill out of the game. Builds used to have tradeoffs, support instead of condi, power instead of bunker. There’s no sense of cost to builds anymore, everybody can do everything. The only way elite specs can be beaten is…….other elite specs…….

Second, the leagues. People warned about having leagues, that they would lose players…and yet it happened. The league system didn’t work. All the pips function did was to create a ladder to grind to legendary. It’s not a competition, not in the slightest, its a reward track. That players complain because they couldn’t advance up the divisions is inconsequential. The league system just doesn’t work. Also, no Solo Queues. Solo players went in and got farmed by teams. The leagues either should’ve had separate queues or made only for teams.

Third, esports. Twitch streams are a 1000 for a reason, nobody freakin cares about watching the SAME guys duke it out with the SAME builds in the SAME game mode since the start. Who in their right mind wants to see that? You call this progress?

Fourth, no Solo Q. I’m tired of people saying PvP is for teams. PvP is for EVERYONE. Solo players and team players had separate arenas in the past. Solo players queued individually in solo arena and team players in team arena. Now, it’s just teams. The queues got merged so solo players and teams had to queue together. And….it’s been a disaster. Leagues are an obvious example.

But do go ahead and tell me PvP is ‘fine’.

YASSSS QUEEN CLAP SHRED TEARS

NO, PVP DOESNT SUCK.

in PvP

Posted by: abaddon.3290

abaddon.3290

Guild Wars2 on the other hand has so many “oh kitten” buttons/passives in each build… you dont need those things to get an average mmr.
Basically, in GW2 you get carried by your build.

people only mash buttons because other people let them. if a guardian uses up all of his blocking skills. you wait you dodge and you wait. then when hes weak you kill him with everything youve got. strategy. if you dont do it right you die. if people dont lose they will never get better.

im bad at sarcasm

NO, PVP DOESNT SUCK.

in PvP

bigo.9037

ok i know the elite specs are OP compared to base builds but the elite specs have more or less been perfectly balanced in the meta.

and if elite specs are balanced you cant really argue that someone is being carried by their build since everyone is using elite specs.

and JTguevara i see you on lots of forums posts what do you mean soloq doesnt exist??
i got legend and beyond in every single season except the first ( cus i couldnt be bothered to play the bunker meta with those mesmers lol ) and 90 % of that was soloque. so i dont really get what youre saying. once you start duo and tripple queing.. thats when you can end up getting teamed against a 5 man team. but soloq is soloq so youre not gonna get 5 man teams really.

NO, PVP DOESNT SUCK.

in PvP

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

This is all rubbish.. Balance is irrelevant when Elite specs are simply too easy to play and have lowered the skill cap by an insane amount.

Name one class that isn’t 1000% easier to play after the expansion. Theif is the only contender and even that’s a ton easier unless you’re going outside of the meta.

Phaatonn, London UK

NO, PVP DOESNT SUCK.

in PvP

bigo.9037

This is all rubbish.. Balance is irrelevant when Elite specs are simply too easy to play and have lowered the skill cap by an insane amount.

Name one class that isn’t 1000% easier to play after the expansion. Theif is the only contender and even that’s a ton easier unless you’re going outside of the meta.

who are you talking to? i mean.. yes we can agree the elite specs are OP compared to base classes but if eveyone played elite specs it would still be fair and balanced

NO, PVP DOESNT SUCK.

in PvP

Posted by: R O C.6574

R O C.6574

Every class has passives. So why is it an issue? Some passives are defensive, some are offensive. The passives aren’t adding this huge amount of damage so people are getting one-shotted by passives. Every player is on the same set of rules and has the ability to play any class. So why do you all sit in here and complain why things are so unfair? I play all professions and i seem to do the worst on Mesmer, does that mean Mesmer is under powered? No. It means i have the least knowledge on Mesmer. DH traps are really not that bad. I usually expect traps when a guardian is on point so i either send in pets to trip the trap or DODGE through the point and let the trap trip before i fight on point.

NO, PVP DOESNT SUCK.

in PvP

Posted by: Father Busho.2796

Father Busho.2796

OP ill give you one simple example why old PvP players say that PvPsucks atm:

there was this build that warriors had: hambow (hammer and longbow). This is a prominent example of game balance done right (another would be zerker shatter mesmer):
– warrior had to time his hammer stuns properly to do very good damage. He had to manage swapping weapons properly based on what the opponent was doing. He had to time his stances properly based on what opponent was doing, he had to time stability …
– someone fighting the warrior had to note the cooldowns on warriors stuns, had to move around properly, had to sacrifice stability or (depending how squishy he was) he would easily get rekt.
Play styles for both of them were very skill based and PvP progression for players was in form of how to improve my animation reading skills, how to avoid combo, how to better time stuff etc

Nowadays, all classes can do everything (aoe spam condi, aoe spam cc, aoe spam dmg, and be tanky at the same time). It doesn’t matter anymore if you get hit with a big hitting attack because your passively proccd protection or invuln or blind will save you and your perma regen heal you in seconds. No need to time swaps really, no needs to bait peoples skills, jump in —> drop everything —> jump out
Its an extremely different playstyle and very permissive to mistakes, so you don’t need to progress your skill. Most fights are won by build/team comp and less by pure skill.

Band Of Royal Daggers [BORD]
Aurora Glade
ALL IS VAIN :(

NO, PVP DOESNT SUCK.

in PvP

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

bigo.9037, it is awfull unskilled compared with gw1 and many other games in terms of personal and team skill, and forced aoe/cleaves spam pve’ish classes with all those flahes that is also horrible to watch.

>There were alot of done wrong things, over the past 4 years.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

NO, PVP DOESNT SUCK.

in PvP

Posted by: JTGuevara.9018

JTGuevara.9018

ok i know the elite specs are OP compared to base builds but the elite specs have more or less been perfectly balanced in the meta.

and if elite specs are balanced you cant really argue that someone is being carried by their build since everyone is using elite specs.

and JTguevara i see you on lots of forums posts what do you mean soloq doesnt exist??
i got legend and beyond in every single season except the first ( cus i couldnt be bothered to play the bunker meta with those mesmers lol ) and 90 % of that was soloque. so i dont really get what youre saying. once you start duo and tripple queing.. thats when you can end up getting teamed against a 5 man team. but soloq is soloq so youre not gonna get 5 man teams really.

Sorry, wrong.

There is NO Solo Queue. Solo Queue means that ONLY individual players are allowed to queue with and against each other in matches. No teams allowed. This means players are not allowed to set up a party. No 2-man, 3-man, 4-man or full 5-man.

Today, you can queue as a solo individual, but teams are also allowed, yours and the opponents’. Players can set up parties alongside you…..or against you…..

NO, PVP DOESNT SUCK.

in PvP

Posted by: Topher.5631

Topher.5631

Rev, wasn’t around pre expansion

Hahahahahaha I win can I have a cookie?

If you can’t beat it, it is, needless to say, OP
Looking for a team? Start here! https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/

NO, PVP DOESNT SUCK.

in PvP

bigo.9037

OP ill give you one simple example why old PvP players say that PvPsucks atm:

there was this build that warriors had: hambow (hammer and longbow). This is a prominent example of game balance done right (another would be zerker shatter mesmer):
– warrior had to time his hammer stuns properly to do very good damage. He had to manage swapping weapons properly based on what the opponent was doing. He had to time his stances properly based on what opponent was doing, he had to time stability …
– someone fighting the warrior had to note the cooldowns on warriors stuns, had to move around properly, had to sacrifice stability or (depending how squishy he was) he would easily get rekt.
Play styles for both of them were very skill based and PvP progression for players was in form of how to improve my animation reading skills, how to avoid combo, how to better time stuff etc

Nowadays, all classes can do everything (aoe spam condi, aoe spam cc, aoe spam dmg, and be tanky at the same time). It doesn’t matter anymore if you get hit with a big hitting attack because your passively proccd protection or invuln or blind will save you and your perma regen heal you in seconds. No need to time swaps really, no needs to bait peoples skills, jump in —> drop everything --> jump out
Its an extremely different playstyle and very permissive to mistakes, so you don’t need to progress your skill. Most fights are won by build/team comp and less by pure skill.

i know prehot was different but thats besides the point. do you really think we dont have to dodge skills anymore?? what kinda players are you even fighting against? whenever i play against ppl on my level i need to time everything perfectly just as well as back then. the thing is now everyone has more sustain, so you have to time your rotation differently. also, in crucial moments in say a 1v1.. you can definitely die by not dodging that 1 simple key attack from your enemy.

youre talking about warrior. well today, you still have to time dodges perfectly against berserkers. gw2 is a mind game.

and if you think theres so much passive protection and stuff that makes nothing matter, well then youre just not good enough to get it. the people i play with / against know to look out for weakness protection before trying to burst. i also know people that specifically bait out certain traits.. forcing them to proc, and then bursting you down after your protection / their weakness has worn off.

there is so much depth to this game and it might be hard to understand and make sense of it all.. but just because you dont understand it doesnt mean other people dont.

everyoen is playing HOT specs.. so its fair anyway. if someone beats you they didnt get carried by build. they might have beat you because they play a counterbuild, but thats a topic for another day.

NO, PVP DOESNT SUCK.

in PvP

Phaeton.9582

Rev, wasn’t around pre expansion

Hahahahahaha I win can I have a cookie?

To be fair, Rev was made much easier to play once it was accessible through the game client.

Also it was significantly harder in beta before they rolled out Herald.

I have to be like this or I’ll run out of cookies…

Phaatonn, London UK

NO, PVP DOESNT SUCK.

in PvP

Phaeton.9582

who are you talking to? i mean.. yes we can agree the elite specs are OP compared to base classes but if eveyone played elite specs it would still be fair and balanced

I’m not talking about balance. Balance discussions are for people who are unable to reroll. I’m saying the mechanics underpinning the elite specs make the game less rewarding to put any amount of time into in terms of pvp.

Phaatonn, London UK

NO, PVP DOESNT SUCK.

in PvP

Posted by: R O C.6574

R O C.6574

So if ALL the classes are 1000% easier to play… What’s your point? Doesn’t that make all the classes the same as they were? Every class has passives, every class has elites. If your class is easier and your enemy’s class is easier, isn’t the overall match-up they same?

NO, PVP DOESNT SUCK.

in PvP

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

Haha, best post OP. I could smell the doom’n’gloomers coming before I finished the first paragraph.

NSPride <3

NO, PVP DOESNT SUCK.

in PvP

Posted by: pelle ossa.9705

pelle ossa.9705

its just not as good as it could be. but its definitely fun to play already. we all know there needs to be more prestige in reaching legend and that only a handful should be able to and im sure anet is trying to figure this problem out as we speak.

here on the forums theres a tendency for people just jsut spew all the negative bullkitten they can come up with and post it right away. why else would someone go to the forums amirite? they come here to complain when something is wrong cus they know it will be seen here and over time this has become home for the pessimistic noobies of gw2 who can do nothing but complain.

however. i am going to take it 1 step further. complainoxception. i go here on the forums to read about information about the game every now and then, and about a year ago i was here almost every day. not to complain.. but to read ppls posts that i find interesting and things im interested in about the game in general.

so im now going to complain about people complaining all the time. seems legit.

no, matchmaking isnt “THE WORST THING EVER IM GONNA QUIT GW2”
and you dont need to ask " WHAT HAPPENED TO PVP??? OMG PVP IS DEAD GUYS"

look. we get it. you did good last season. you probably reached diamond or legend.. good for you. but now what? youre stuck? and that means the ENTIRE system and matchmaking is completely broken?
pathetic.

heres the thing. good players ALWAYS do good. not game to game.. but overall. youre not gonna see a really good player be stuck in ruby. doesnt happen. if youre stuck.. then youre doing something wrong.
and no. you yourself doesnt count. when was the last time you saw a reeallly good player who couldnt get out of ruby? exactly. it doesnt happen. if youre there.. youre not good. youre average. there isnt really anything wrong with that.. i mean.. youre just as good as like 60 or 70 % of the pvp players..

the problem is that everyone here feels as though they are entitled to reach legend or whatever. ive seen some people with like literally 1000 AP getting to ruby within the first week of season 4. ik, AP doesnt mean anything but if you have 1000 you literally only played the game for like a week or two, lol.

so did they get lucky? yes they did. now imagine that player with 1k AP being angry at ANET in season 5 for not making him able to reach ruby again. just imagine that now ok??

thats kinda stupid isnt it? i mean.. hes so new. he doesnt really know what hes doing. he has little understanding of the depth gw2 pvp has and his mechanical skill seems clungy and newbish. as to be expected of course. hes just a new player so thats not bad at all.

well… thats kinda how all the good players see those of you who complain about the system being broken.. about how lame the meta is.. about how pvp is broken…

we see you like the rest see that 1 player who made it to ruby with only 1k AP.

sure.. you might have done well last season.. but .. if you cant do it again.. do you really deserve it? i mean luck can happen to anyone. the only way to prove you are that good is to do it again and again, like the rest of us.

right now.. i think pvp is in a good place. even for soloqueuers. it could be better .. yes.. but obviously conquest is not meant for soloq. its a teamq thing.
youll have more fun and everything will be better if we just teamed up with friends and stuff.. but obviously thats hard at low tiers since everyone is so angry at each other cus they all inherently suck but dont want to admit it.

idk how bad my turn in the mmr hell was.. but i was grinding my way through to ruby with quite a bit of effort. a little more so than my friends i was queing with at the time.

after i hit ruby, i started to have a lot of problems. i couldnt win at all with the friends i was playing with so just stopped that and played soloq instead. for 2 days straight i couldnt get more than 2 pips in tier 1 ruby. i just couldnt win at all. i lost a lot of games.. but i did win some.

after a lot of games id gotten some oppotunities to prove myself. i had won some outnumbered fights and whatnot.. a few games where we won even though the odds were against me and the other pugs. as matches were slowly starting to get more even.. i would have matches where the winner would usually only win by about 150 to 100 points or less. this is when i was really able to get back in the game.

because i was able to slightly carry the games.. i was able to win more often than not.
i mean obviously i should be able to do this since i was fighting with and against people way below my level. and then once i figured out exactly what to do against these kinda ppl at this level, i ended up spiralling my way all the way to diamond.

mmr hell can happen to anyone but if youre selfproclaimed pro player.. you dont have an excuse to stay there.

so if i could get out of MMR hell.. you can too.

stop whining pls. pvp is still good and fun to play.

I reached legendary 2 season ago , only hoping to found good matches to play (i don’t car soo much about legendary back and stuff) and instead there was always the same kitten matches like 500-100 , ppl that don’t have any knowledge about rotations and stuff.
Ppl complain a lot , maybe even too much , but this league system works really bad , everyone can reach legendary and this is wrong (me too , i don’t think im good but i reached legendary pretty easy playing most of the time alone), they add legendary backpack in this league system in a very bad way , letting ppl farming achievement during a competitive league , this is totally wrong. this league is not made for put ppl in the right division and find for them balance matches , it’s all about play a lot and probably you will get legendary- i remembver 3 years agoo when we had leaderboard matchmaking was a bit better , not perfect , but better than now , there wasn’t soo many unbalance matches and another important things there was a soloq and a teamq.