Naked Players trolling ranked

in PvP

Posted by: Auroraborealis.7310

Auroraborealis.7310

Dear Arenanet,

Would it be possible for you to inform players that going into a PvP match without armor items occupying slots, their armor rating will be reduced substantially increasing incoming damage.

I’m starting to see more and more naked players(especially on weekends) coming into my ranked games without any armor on getting killed in 2 hits, then having the audacity to chew me out, because they are so oblivious to the fact their armor rating changes when items are removed.

Something needs to be done about this issue, because its not only gimping the player who is naked, but its gimping the team.

in PvP

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

Something needs to be done about this issue, because its not only gimping the player who is naked, but its gimping the team.

Just give everyone flat armor in PvP based on their class already. It shouldn’t matter if they are wearing any armor or not.

I really don’t understand why only a few slots count in the first place. Either we need to wear armor in PvP or we don’t Anet, but make up your mind.

in PvP

Posted by: Ramoth.9064

Ramoth.9064

Just give everyone flat armor in PvP based on their class already. It shouldn’t matter if they are wearing any armor or not.

I really don’t understand why only a few slots count in the first place. Either we need to wear armor in PvP or we don’t Anet, but make up your mind.

This so much.
I actually know why it only counts a few pieces of armor. I think it is to do with when you move a level 2 character straight into HotM. You can’t buy two of the six armor pieces, therefore, they don’t count for armor.

Its still entirely stupid and incompetent on Arenanet’s part though.

(edited by Ramoth.9064)

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

This so much.
I actually know why it only counts a few pieces of armor. I think it is to do with when you move a level 2 character straight into HotM. You can’t buy two of the six armor pieces, therefore, they don’t count for armor.

It’s just an overlooked item that’s been there since launch. Like not having a choice to visually disable our Aegis buff shield. I wouldn’t call it incompetent. Just annoying af.

Now, the removal soloQ would be your definitive ideal there.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

Ramoth.9064

This so much.

It’s just an overlooked item that’s been there since launch. Like not having a choice to visually disable our Aegis buff shield. I wouldn’t call it incompetent. Just annoying af.

Now, the removal soloQ would be your definitive ideal there.

It is incompetent though. At some point they would have realized ‘Oh, level 2 players can’t buy the head and shoulders, lets remove the armor rating from the head and shoulders and rebalance it across the 4 other pieces’. Why not correct it to be a fixed rating per class and remove its association with the armor altogether right here?

in PvP

Posted by: Terrorsquad.2349

Terrorsquad.2349

Lots of trolls know their armor is going down but just want to bait all of you.
I see those every season.

Denied | 5.9k PvP Games | PvP Rank: 236 | 8.6k hours | 9 Legendaries | Still Bad.

in PvP

Posted by: xiProdigyx.9138

xiProdigyx.9138

You do realize this is intentional right?

What if Schrödinger’s cat was a zombie?

in PvP

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

You do realize this is intentional right?

Right, so ANet should remove the need to wear armor in PvP so they can’t do this anymore. Every class should just get a flat armor stat in pvP, regardless of what they are wearing

in PvP

Posted by: Yannir.4132

Yannir.4132

Why not correct it to be a fixed rating per class and remove its association with the armor altogether right here?

Because they don’t want you to run around PvP Faren-style?

Yannir for males. (guard,thief,war,ele)
Sonya for females. (necro,rev,ranger,mes,engi)
All classes lvl 80.

in PvP

Ramoth.9064

Why not correct it to be a fixed rating per class and remove its association with the armor altogether right here?

Because they don’t want you to run around PvP Faren-style?

Yes, but it doesnt help when people do it anyways. Not to mention they have the technology to default-look you anyways.

You have the worst of both worlds now, people run around naked knowingly, and people running around naked not knowing about the armor penalty. Arenanet incompetence strikes again.

Everytime you want to give Arenanet the benefit of the doubt for doing something, you really just can’t. This stuff is poor game design. There is absolutely no reason not to give a flat armor rating for each class, even if it meant there were nude people running around, at least they wouldn’t ruin games.

Now you get nude people running around, and ruining games by having low armor. Worst of both worlds.

(edited by Ramoth.9064)

in PvP

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

Even if Anet made it so that you didn’t need to wear armor at all in pvp, those trolls would still find another way to troll you. I’d rather it stay as it is now so I don’t have to play pvp with a bunch of naked people, which would happen far more often if people could play without armor with no consequences. Also, using the standard models option is a horrible solution since I do enjoy see other players’ armor and even recognize some players by the armor they wear.

So, I’d say Anet did a good job on this one, and would love for it to stay the way it is. Again, if they change it the way you want, then the trolls will troll another way, only then there would be an increase in naked players and my only option would be to tolerate naked players everywhere or stare at boring standard models……no thanks.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

in PvP

Ramoth.9064

Even if Anet made it so that you didn’t need to wear armor at all in pvp, those trolls would still find another way to troll you. I’d rather it stay as it is now so I don’t have to play pvp with a bunch of naked people, which would happen far more often if people could play without armor with no consequences. Also, using the standard models option is a horrible solution since I do enjoy see other players’ armor and even recognize some players by the armor they wear.

So, I’d say Anet did a good job on this one, and would love for it to stay the way it is. Again, if they change it the way you want, then the trolls will troll another way, only then there would be an increase in naked players and my only option would be to tolerate naked players everywhere or stare at boring standard models……no thanks.

That’s a strawman argument. They have a plentitude of ways to enforce wearing armour, yet they choose the absolute worse. Could’ve stopped someone from queuing if not wearing armour. Nope. Flat armour rating for nude players. Nope.

I’ll say it again. Worst of both worlds. Naked players and hand ruining.

in PvP

Posted by: Yannir.4132

Yannir.4132

Could’ve stopped someone from queuing if not wearing armour. Nope.

I would like this solution more. After all, fixing armor is free, and buying a common armor item from a vendor doesn’t cost much either. A proper tutorial when first entering the PvP Lobby would go a long way too.

Yannir for males. (guard,thief,war,ele)
Sonya for females. (necro,rev,ranger,mes,engi)
All classes lvl 80.

in PvP

Shaogin.2679

That’s a strawman argument. They have a plentitude of ways to enforce wearing armour, yet they choose the absolute worse. Could’ve stopped someone from queuing if not wearing armour. Nope. Flat armour rating for nude players. Nope.

I’ll say it again. Worst of both worlds. Naked players and hand ruining.

Not a strawman argument at all. Now if the proposed change would involve forcing players to wear some form of armor in a match then sure, I’m cool with that. But the proposed change was to have it to where players have the armor stats by default without the need to equip any armor at all, which would fix the immediate issue of naked players dying easily in matches while creating the new issue of allowing players to run around naked in pvp with no consequences. That, I am against.

Gate of Madness

in PvP

Ramoth.9064

Your first sentence of the previous post was the strawman. And for some reason you’re against anet forcing standard models on naked people, which would only be the trolls anyways.

in PvP

Shaogin.2679

Your first sentence of the previous post was the strawman. And for some reason you’re against anet forcing standard models on naked people, which would only be the trolls anyways.

I’m afraid you’ve misread then. Also, never said I was against anet imposing standard models on naked players. I stated I did not want to have to turn on the standard model option, which shows every player as a standard model, to avoid seeing naked players run around in matches.

Gate of Madness

in PvP

Posted by: Natto.5819

Natto.5819

I don’t think Anet employees play PvP, so they don’t know this a problem. If we can get Anet to play PvP, maybe they’ll care more, and fix game?

in PvP

Posted by: Mortifera.6138

Mortifera.6138

Since plate is the same armor level as a lvl 18 leather helm, why can’t a bra have equalized armor?

in PvP

Ramoth.9064

I’m afraid you’ve misread then. Also, never said I was against anet imposing standard models on naked players. I stated I did not want to have to turn on the standard model option, which shows every player as a standard model, to avoid seeing naked players run around in matches.

You said, even if the armor wearing was enforced trolls would find another way to troll. If that isn’t a straw man, lol.

in PvP

Posted by: Birman.1705

Birman.1705

Yes, please keep armor mandatory. Due to human female meta, naked people won’t really help me… focus… on the match… umm… press buttons… wait, what was I talking about?