Necro/Thief downed damage skills too strong

in PvP

Posted by: Vague Memory.2817

Vague Memory.2817

Why do these two classes have such high downed damage skills. A downed necro can down me if I have 50% health with life leech and has a ridiculous range that can track you even when in stealth (like their life transfer skill). Although thieves don’t hit as hard with trail of knives it has to be the 2nd highest damage in the downed state.

If I down another player with skill,, that player should have a distinct disadvantage when downed, and not be more dangerous than when they were standing.

in PvP

Posted by: Volrath.1473

Volrath.1473

thief? lol unless a fire/air sigil procs thieves hit like mosquito in downstate, as for necros, they can easily down a player at 100% health and kill them wile in downstate, it is by far the strongest downstate in game, all others are more or less at the same lvl.

in PvP

Posted by: Random Weird Guy.3528

Random Weird Guy.3528

Mesmer downed #1 actually does more direct damage than thief downed #1, that’s not even including the confusion.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mind_Blast
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Trail_of_Knives

Random Engineering // Trixxti // Random Noises (worst thief eu)
Svanir Appreciation Society [SAS]

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

I have a hard time seeing a Mesmer of all things being upset over thief downed state damage…

Necromancer’s it was tuned down a bit. Has less to do with their downed state and more to do with the procciness of Power builds unfortunately… Not so much the downed state itself.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in PvP

Posted by: Exedore.6320

Exedore.6320

Necromancer downed state can proc sigils and traits now. If those trigger, they get a pretty big burst. Other than that, necro down state damage is fine.

Kirrena Rosenkreutz

in PvP

Posted by: SlayerSixx.5763

SlayerSixx.5763

Well, necro downstate is fine if you consider the fact that they spend most of their time dead :P.

in PvP

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

Hahaha if you think thats strong, wait till you fight a downstate shiro revenant.

3 second AoE stun on down +25% damage with sigil procs and their downstate skill that moves the stomper away even with stability?

You’ll just love it.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

Hahaha if you think thats strong, wait till you fight a downstate shiro revenant.

3 second AoE stun on down +25% damage with sigil procs and their downstate skill that moves the stomper away even with stability?

You’ll just love it.

Let’s be fair here, who’s going to spec for downed state over 150 ferocity or Might stacking…? O.o

Only bunker builds, that I could imagine… And I don’t see a ton of bunker builds taking Devastation.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in PvP

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

You’ll just love it.

Let’s be fair here, who’s going to spec for downed state over 150 ferocity or Might stacking…? O.o

Only bunker builds, that I could imagine… And I don’t see a ton of bunker builds taking Devastation.

Anyone wanting to use Staff or Hammer might consider not taking the Ferocity, since that requires dual-wielding. The Might stacking is also pretty weak, since Shiro skills have decently high energy costs.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver