Necro = conditions

Necro = conditions

in PvP

Posted by: TheDevice.2751

TheDevice.2751

Conditions. Every other class can choose how they want to play

And ppl say Anet doesn’t like necromancers lol

They’ve actually completely denied then an entire damage path. if you play necro, you have to play conditions.

i mean Anet has an entire dev team and the furthest they can come up with for necromancers is “they do conditions”. kitten man. Can I work for Anet?

Necro = conditions

in PvP

Posted by: Aktium.9506

Aktium.9506

They’ve actually completely denied then an entire damage path. if you play necro, you have to play conditions.

As someone who played power necro from launch to HoT launch I’m going to play devil’s advocate here and point out that power necro is a more viable build for necro than burn builds are for guardian.

Necro = conditions

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

As someone who played power necro from launch to HoT launch I’m going to play devil’s advocate here and point out that power necro is a more viable build for necro than burn builds are for guardian.

I don’t think comparing a subpar build with another is a proper argument here.

Ele have been a support class for a very long time. Same for Hambow Warriors and Bunker Guards way back when. Pretty much every profession have been limited to 1 play style. Every profession has been treated the same. It’s just how the meta is at the moment.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

(edited by Saiyan.1704)

Necro = conditions

in PvP

Posted by: TheDevice.2751

TheDevice.2751

Ele have been a support class for a very long time. Same for Hambow Warriors and Bunker Guards way back when. Pretty much every profession have been limited to 1 play style. Every profession has been treated the same. It’s just how the meta is at the moment.

Just straight up lies. Like blatant lies. Every other class has viable if not somewhat viable builds besides their most popular.

Burn guards are still a thing and people keep making this joke like they are not viable and its one of the most disingenuous thing ive ever heard. Its people who make excuses for anet who’ve made this game one of the least successful esports game in esports history.

You’re basing the viability of burn guard against the most broken meta builds gaurd has which is just a false representation of their viability. Nobody really plays burn guard because you dont need to anymore.

(edited by TheDevice.2751)

Necro = conditions

in PvP

Posted by: Galtrix.7369

Galtrix.7369

Except every profession can have multiple viable builds nowadays. I just made up a few builds for my warrior and my mesmer…. and I completely wrecked in PvP today. Neither build was “meta” – far from it in fact.

[~Galtrix~] [~Level 80 Elementalist~] [~GoM~]

Necro = conditions

in PvP

Posted by: Trevor Boyer.6524

Trevor Boyer.6524

Power Reaper is bad in spvp. Close range condis is better.
Power Reaper is more survivable in PvE that Viper Horror but with less DPS.
Power Reaper is still great in WvW with ranged wells.

Just depends on game mode man.
Also, did you forget about when this was happening?
Necromancer was at one time, the hardest hitting physical class in the game.
Right now condis are in for nec because current amulets allow it.

I use the name Barbie on all of my characters.

(edited by Trevor Boyer.6524)

Necro = conditions

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

Just straight up lies. Like blatant lies. Every other class has viable if not somewhat viable builds besides their most popular.

Burn guards are still a thing and people keep making this joke like they are not viable and its one of the most disingenuous thing ive ever heard. Its people who make excuses for anet who’ve made this game one of the least successful esports game in esports history.

You’re basing the viability of burn guard against the most broken meta builds gaurd has which is just a false representation of their viability. Nobody really plays burn guard because you dont need to anymore.

Not lies. “Viable” is subjective and base on who you’re playing with as well as against.

Can you play burn guard all the way to legendary? Ya probably, some guards have. In ESL? I wouldn’t call that a viable build.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

Necro = conditions

in PvP

Posted by: Sifu.9745

Sifu.9745

Hmm, i play Power Necro: Dagger/Warhorn + Axe/Focus and it is not that bad at all … Condition Necro just doesn’t have enough burst dmg and survivability is also very poor.

Necro = conditions

in PvP

Posted by: Silv.9207

Silv.9207

Necromancer actually is not really a viable class, both in condi or power.
The lack of conditions to send back in some matches make his main condi damage source bad (why the condi damage of every necro build in every time it was meta was granted by other condi builds conditions sent back) and the boon corruption is no longer the best chance to kill an enemy, expecially why there’s builde that kill so fast an enemy that corrupt they’re boons is a secondary thing. Also the amount of boon spam and condi clean make our corruptions good only to corrupt stability, that is a good thing but not a thing we can play on to kill an enemy.

Actually what truly make a Necromancer Viable is the Team. If your team keep occupied the enemy and you free to act, your slow condition application and boon corruption can work to help your team to kill a focused target stripping stability and protection and you can also inflict damage with the RS combo, otherwise you’re merely a free kill for any thief, revenant, warrior or guardian you find on your way, making you useful as an afk player.

Actually i found the Power reaper usefull in a thing: kill defending guardians. With Well of Suffering and Unblockable Axe2 you’re able to kill any guardian at half HP trying to survive with they’re OP F3 skill. You ignore that skill and are able to hit them for 6-8k with axe2, that is enough to take them down.
Otherwyse, the necromancer is really weak compared to any other “meta class” actually in play.

Anyway the actual necromancer is good in team fight, in both condi or direct build, then never 1vs1/2vs2, you’ll be dead in a moment, unless you’re full of LF (you’ll inflict more damage but die anyway if the enemy chose to kill you).

We have a choice for different builds, but we die anyway, that’s the main problem. We’re unable to fight 1vs1 at any level and our damage and survavibility is highly lesser than other classes, that make us lesser desiderable than a lot of other classes.

Necro = conditions

in PvP

Posted by: xeonage.1253

xeonage.1253

NO,
Necro = Moving Score

3 step
1. Call Focus on him/her.
2. Use/spamm your cc skill.
3. Your team have +5 Score.