Necro duel Thief tips

Necro duel Thief tips

in PvP

Posted by: dlshcbmuipmam.3467

dlshcbmuipmam.3467

Sometimes, Necro in pvp would need to face thief alone. Do you guys got any tips on the situation?
Some of the post said core Necro is better to fight thief, could core Necro really beat thief?
I guess it is a pretty bad idea to use core Necro merely because of its ability to duel thief, is it possible for a reaper Necro kite thief for a certain distance in order to meet your teamate?

Necro duel Thief tips

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

Run up a jumping puzzle so the thief can’t teleport to you, stow your weapons so his headshots don’t do anything. The thief will at that point either leave or he will stay and wait, if he waits just stay up the puzzle till a ally comes, holding a thief at one point is winning enough.

Don’t actually try to engage the thief he will always win. Unless the thief does something stupid then by all means take advantage of his stupidity.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

Necro duel Thief tips

in PvP

Posted by: Bigpapasmurf.5623

Bigpapasmurf.5623

Depends on the thief. We would need to know your build for starters.

- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/MC_Celestia
- I am currently a main thief roamer for SF in WvW. LOVE ME!
- {SOAP} Solo/Havoc roamer, lover of good fights

Necro duel Thief tips

in PvP

Posted by: narcx.3570

narcx.3570

You can’t beat a good thief 1v1 as a necro, you can only fend him off. After enough times you’ll eventually be out of life-force and he’ll kill you. All you can really do is hold on and make him waste as much of his time trying to take you down as possible, since he should be out +1’ing and decapping.

But really, you shouldn’t be the one out there by yourself as a necro anyways… You need to be following the team fight as much as possible to stop their ele’s/druids/scrappers.

As for Vanilla necro vs thief, I can’t imagine how that would be better 1v1. No stability = unhappy necro.

Necro duel Thief tips

in PvP

Posted by: Azukas.1426

Azukas.1426

It all depends on how much LF you have. Max LF you can take 80% of thieves or make them run.

Proper use of the stability is key along with proper use of evades and watching his evade frames.

Honestly if you keep the PI price minimal you are in a great position. The actual goal I have vs thief on my necro is to last long enough for a +1 which shouldn’t be an issue for mediocre necros

Necro duel Thief tips

in PvP

Posted by: Vitali.5039

Vitali.5039

The only scenario where i’ll go 1vs1 thief is if my team have to decap more points to don’t lose the match and only I can reach safely the point.

If you see the shadowstep place your 2 and 3 mark where they were and then fill it with condition to make it use shadow return to cleanse and heal.. only to get poisoned again.

Stow your CTTB ‘til they have wasted enough dodge and try to stun if you see it don’t try to dodge anymore.

If you are power try to land your axe 2 after the shroud’s fear, you’ll have 3 stability to save you from interrupts and if it teleport too close you can still hit it.

Keep your warhorn daze for block, the heal or to heal you safely.

Necro duel Thief tips

in PvP

Posted by: Itz Jay.8941

Itz Jay.8941

Necro should never face theif alone let alone any class, maybe you can control a node vs an engi if you are good, but if you get +1’d you are DEAD. Same goes theif should never face engi/druid/dh/mesmer let alone any class. Same goes for every class, avoid fighting your counters at all costs. It’s not worth it.

Necro duel Thief tips

in PvP

Posted by: Ramoth.9064

Ramoth.9064

Hm with the shortbow changes I wouldn’t say engi can hard counter thieves anymore.

Necro duel Thief tips

in PvP

Posted by: Azukas.1426

Azukas.1426

Hm with the shortbow changes I wouldn’t say engi can hard counter thieves anymore.

Don’t stand in it…..

Engi still counters thief

Necro duel Thief tips

in PvP

Posted by: Ramoth.9064

Ramoth.9064

Don’t stand in it…..

Don’t stand in an AOE that covers pretty much the whole node, while your only weapon is melee?

Necro duel Thief tips

in PvP

Posted by: Alatar.7364

Alatar.7364

Sometimes, Necro in pvp would need to face thief alone. Do you guys got any tips on the situation?
Some of the post said core Necro is better to fight thief, could core Necro really beat thief?
I guess it is a pretty bad idea to use core Necro merely because of its ability to duel thief, is it possible for a reaper Necro kite thief for a certain distance in order to meet your teamate?

Jump off the cliff. Or kill yourself by any other means possible. There is less blood from that, it is more merciful and the sooner you die the sooner you will be useful to your team again.
There should be a ‘Suicide button’ automaticaly poping up for Necros, replacing all your weapon, healing and utillity skills whenever Thief is present near you.

~I Aear cân ven na mar

Necro duel Thief tips

in PvP

Posted by: Itz Jay.8941

Itz Jay.8941

Don’t stand in it…..

Exactly engi can control the node, he doesn’t need a hard counter.

Necro duel Thief tips

in PvP

Posted by: TheDevice.2751

TheDevice.2751

Half competent thief will always win. Stall or run. Running will not likely happen.

Necro duel Thief tips

in PvP

Posted by: Ziggityzog.7389

Ziggityzog.7389

Do what i do and own em all. Teefers are only good when they are in their zone. One wrong move and it’s spike time. Play teef a bit that was my first toon when gw2 started up. Learn the moves and then you’ll see how to take it on 1v1. All toons have a weakness and teef has a easy one. They are squishies.

lol’ing at thos who use broken builds and claim to be good since 2005.

|||Necro the masterclass very few know about.|||

Necro duel Thief tips

in PvP

Posted by: xeonage.1253

xeonage.1253

1. Circle always drop under your foot. (Nec would do same thing as DH)
2. Move in the opposite direction of the thief. (Waste their movement skill)
3. Prepare DODGE when the thief and you have about 1000 distance. (80% use steal)
4. Don’t do anything when the thief and you have about 500-900 distance (100% PI spammmmm ~~~~)
5. Stay and wait they come to you. ( you are 100% cannot finish them, this game have no one can chase them except a thief, chase them just let them have more movement skill to kill you)
6. When your skill going CD. Show your walking skills , Jumping puzzle skill. Go to that place they can’t blink or teleport to you.
7. Let’s them finish you (you have no chance to win a thief except he is idiot, the balance of every class is not fair and suck. Your damage output worse than they, you do not have the skills to move, to chase. So Waste their time is all you can do.)

The main point of Nec can’t vs thief

1. You can’t make enough damage output between dodge frame. When air,fire,hydromancy are remove, this becomes very obvious. Even you can find the window between def skills spammmmm , you just can hurt him but can’t kill.

2. 12 sec stun break + block kill your last chance. Even you can find the window between def skills spammmmm and make a well time CC.

3. Your LF is passive when you duel with thief. You are hard to hit them to get LF, They can chose to stop attack to waste your Spectral Armor and kite to waste your LF.

4. The movement and heal skill is a big gap. You just a punch bag. And they can repeat movement>heal>movement>heal all day.

(edited by xeonage.1253)

Necro duel Thief tips

in PvP

Posted by: Ziggityzog.7389

Ziggityzog.7389

Do what i did i learned every class and played it but then fell in love with necro. I stream roll every class and every build now as necro because i know how the the copy paste “Metas” lol work. I have realized the only way to win in this current pvp with nothing but conditions is to go powerhouse tank. I kite from a far with axe and when they come near its over with gs and “Nothing can save you!”. Guards melt teefs run tehn get spiked like the rest. Mesmers have no chance but to port away. All the rest just fall like a house of cards.

It’s about finding that build around the weapons you like. In og gw1 I ran a rit/ranger spirit bow tank that no one knew about so i had the advantage and i used it well.

Don’t get discouraged necro is still by far the best class with a total life pool in the 40s – low 50s with life force. Dont let shroud be your only weapon use it to your advantage on top.

lol’ing at thos who use broken builds and claim to be good since 2005.

|||Necro the masterclass very few know about.|||

(edited by Ziggityzog.7389)

Necro duel Thief tips

in PvP

Posted by: xeonage.1253

xeonage.1253

The last things :
If your want to duel the thief and waste them more time?
Pick up your dagger or greatsword, equip Paladin Amulet , stay and drop your circle, leave a sentence: i am here, come on honey. Play a Nec as a DH. The circle is yours before they kill you.

(edited by xeonage.1253)

Necro duel Thief tips

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

1. you shouldn’t be dueling thief unless you really have to. Stick to the team.
2. Almost every point in pvp has some kind of stones/pillars etc. that you can abuse so thief can’t steal off you (e.g. at mine in foefire there is pile of coal + cart on point that you can stand on and thief won’t be able to use steal on you).
3. Stow weapon is your best friend. Bait headshots/steal and you can free cast all day.
4. thieves can’t deal with condis so well. It is probably one of the main reasons why core necro work better vs them, since core shroud is actually better at condi application and shroud 4,5 don’t really require target and apply reveal on top of it so thief stealth is useless.
5. i use generic condi scepter/wh, wh5 is great to counter blind spam.
6. as said, don’t chase them. Make them come to you and punish them for it.

If you got time, try to play thief, it will give you better insight of how to beat them.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

(edited by Cynz.9437)

Necro duel Thief tips

in PvP

Posted by: SnowHawk.3615

SnowHawk.3615

A good thief will always counter a necro. Always. However condi is a thief’s bane that’s it – CC, wells large swings – will usually get the best of them – especially since there is a surge of horrible players trying out p/p thief and trying to facetank it.
gl to you