Necro is not the problem, Guradian is

in PvP

Posted by: Swink.5172

Swink.5172

What are you all complaining about Necro for? Ever played vs a burn guard? Constantly having 16 burn stacks… And they are not even squish with all their passive child help + endless amount of blocks.

Anet did it once again, killed the game with no updates. No GvG and brought the mighty Guardian back to OP state. Low skill high reward…

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Velar.1509

Lord Velar.1509

We complained because they destroyed shroud which also messed over more than 15 of our other traits which made us insanely weak compared to everyone else

We only stopped complaining because they put a band aid on it today.

If necros would’ve kept its state the profession would’ve surely have died, so what was the point of this post?

in PvP

Posted by: SneakyTouchy.6043

SneakyTouchy.6043

They put a bandaid over a bullet wound.

They took the top 3 performing classes in PvP and made them stronger, then gave the rest a few more options to play and experiment with.

They took the one class, that was only good when it had a pocket ele, and nerfed it on several fronts.

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

The Vital Persistence change was fairly trivial. It only heavily effected shroud-sitting playstyles, but shroud-sitting is bronze level play anyways. The biggest benefit of Vital Persistence has always been the shroud cd reduction. Soul Reaping’s potency as a traitline has always come from it’s minors particularly Gluttony and Strength of Undeath.

The saddest change was honestly the change to Signets of Suffering, since it completely killed the effectiveness of Signet builds in PvP. (not to mention equipping Plague Sig with the new Signets of Suffering is extremely hazardous to your health.)

The only nerf to meta necromancer was the fact that Thieves didn’t get any nerfs.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

in PvP

Posted by: phokus.8934

phokus.8934

Burn Guardian is the easiest counter in this game. If you’re dying to one constantly then it’s a pretty clear l2p issue. But people will complain and pass blame onto others.

I post from a phone so please excuse any references to ducks or any other auto corrections.

in PvP

Posted by: Alatar.7364

Alatar.7364

Burn Guardian can apply 16 stack of Brun like once and then he is out of utillity skills to do so again for quite a time.
If you got so many stakcs of it on you, it means you were standing in Purging flames like it was a stage.
Burn is also the only condi they can apply, so it is super easy to condi clense.
As stated above, this is, with all due respect, l2p issue.

~I Aear cân ven na mar

in PvP

Posted by: Syktek.7912

Syktek.7912

Burn Guardian can apply 16 stack of Brun like once and then he is out of utillity skills to do so again for quite a time.
If you got so many stakcs of it on you, it means you were standing in Purging flames like it was a stage.
Burn is also the only condi they can apply, so it is super easy to condi clense.
As stated above, this is, with all due respect, l2p issue.

Can’t even apply 16 stacks unless you’re taking pure spike. Even then the target has to be absolutely oblivious to allow this. If you’re taking pure spike it’s so easy to die it ain’t even funny. Staying alive on a Viper’s Guardian running purging flames and the whole hooplah is basicaly: Did a thief or anyone with the ability to power spike look at me? Dead.

I played DH Burn with Carrion and Balth runes this season. I often found my locked down by Engineers, Mesmers and Eles from either condi cleanse or stun spam. The build in any form has two very direct counters and is a one trick pony: I can heal myself heavily and I can burn.

Vesper Dawnshield | Guardian

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Velar.1509

Lord Velar.1509

to the guy who said building for shroud is bronze level play……how did I make it to platinum if that’s the case?

As for burn guards it really depends on the two players level of skill, ive seen one manage to rock 3 people by himself without using purging flames at all, all because he know what to do and when to do it, like it seemed like that guy had blocks and burns for days

After seeing that I noped tf out. Next match I came across another one who…..well…….I kept forgetting he even existed

Burn guards are easy to counter with cleanses, kiting, and distance, watch out for the blocks, once the duration ends rip them apart

Same as trap guards tbh except there, you don’t have to gaf about their blocks

in PvP

Posted by: steelheart.7386

steelheart.7386

The Vital Persistence change was fairly trivial. It only heavily effected shroud-sitting playstyles, but shroud-sitting is bronze level play anyways. The biggest benefit of Vital Persistence has always been the shroud cd reduction. Soul Reaping’s potency as a traitline has always come from it’s minors particularly Gluttony and Strength of Undeath.

The saddest change was honestly the change to Signets of Suffering, since it completely killed the effectiveness of Signet builds in PvP. (not to mention equipping Plague Sig with the new Signets of Suffering is extremely hazardous to your health.)

The only nerf to meta necromancer was the fact that Thieves didn’t get any nerfs.

So all the people that complained about the vital persistence nerf are bronze level players? Thats the dumbest thing I’ve ever read. When 90% of a community of players complain about something it is a problem. At least they listened and applied a fix although it still won’t be as good as the old vital persistance. Do you even play Necro you sound like an idiot Shroud is the core of the reaper spec even for glassier condi builds its your main defense.

(edited by steelheart.7386)

in PvP

Crinn.7864

So all the people that complained about the vital persistence nerf are bronze level players? Thats the dumbest thing I’ve ever read. When 90% of a community of players complain about something it is a problem. At least they listened and applied a fix although it still won’t be as good as the old vital persistance. Do you even play Necro you sound like an idiot Shroud is the core of the reaper spec even for glassier condi builds its your main defense.

If by 90% of the community you mean a handful of people on the forum then sure. The VP change was blown way out of proportion.

You don’t die in PvP as a necromancer because of shroud degen. You die either because you where spiked while shroud was on cooldown, or because you where getting tunneled so hard that you where forced out of shroud. In neither of those cases does the shroud degen rate matter.

The only time shroud degen matters is for players that like to sit in shroud for enormous spans of time. However shroud-sitting is suboptimal play and makes poor use of Necromancer’s toolset.

YouTube

in PvP

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

burn guard can apply a lot of vuln and cripple as well.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in PvP

Posted by: Manimarco Devil.1790

Manimarco Devil.1790

literally wut? burn guard has no cripple sources from their skills or traits so the only way this is possible is from a sigil. Their only source of vunlerability is f1 if traited to do that which is completely awful and chains of light on scepter which applies 3 stacks.

This is why noone takes the forums seriously.

Battlelord Taeres

in PvP

Stand The Wall.6987

maybe if you looked at dh. you would lose out on radiance (which is arguably better now that it got some buffs).

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in PvP

Posted by: Bigpapasmurf.5623

Bigpapasmurf.5623

Burn guard is a 1 trick pony. I played it in PvP for months and i quickly rose to plat.

Before this, I haven’t touched my guard since I got DH about a month after HoT went live.

Gotta time your clears/transfers.

Easy to pick up, easy to win team fights. (I have recently stopped playing it and focused on another class)

- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/MC_Celestia
- I am currently a main thief roamer for SF in WvW. LOVE ME!
- {SOAP} Solo/Havoc roamer, lover of good fights

in PvP

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

burn guard is a great team fighter, but it has the same problem as necro. probably worse actually. burn guard can’t 1v1 and if the enemy team makes the wise decision of focusing the burn guard first, then it’s gg unless the burn guard has a dotting tempest with him.

in PvP

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

If by 90% of the community you mean a handful of people on the forum then sure. The VP change was blown way out of proportion.

You don’t die in PvP as a necromancer because of shroud degen. You die either because you where spiked while shroud was on cooldown, or because you where getting tunneled so hard that you where forced out of shroud. In neither of those cases does the shroud degen rate matter.

The only time shroud degen matters is for players that like to sit in shroud for enormous spans of time. However shroud-sitting is suboptimal play and makes poor use of Necromancer’s toolset.

A.) There was a 2000+ upvote post on reddit, so not just a handful of people on the forums

B.) they ALSO nerfed the Speed of Shadows trait to remove the shroud recharge reduction so that also applies to your post.

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

in PvP

Manimarco Devil.1790

A.) There was a 2000+ upvote post on reddit, so not just a handful of people on the forums

B.) they ALSO nerfed the Speed of Shadows trait to remove the shroud recharge reduction so that also applies to your post.

reddit is not very good at balance either. its just the forums on steroids since anet employees actually post there.

Battlelord Taeres

in PvP

Posted by: SPESHAL.9106

SPESHAL.9106

It’s scary that people who have no clue what they are talking about will pretend otherwise and write stuff like this (and even make YouTube videos that mislead players).

I tried to watch your review of the recent changes and it was painful. I shut it off as soon as you said consume conditions doesn’t benefit from Spiteful Renewal. You literally can take 1.25 seconds to see that it DOES remove the vulnerability of Consume conditions.

You also claim that Spectral Mastery is worthless because they buffed the base times, so the trait “isn’t worth it”…roflmao. You’re SERIOUSLY going to take spectral utilities and NOT take Spectral Mastery. You’re advising people to take +180 vitality versus getting huge life force everytime you use a Spectral Skill, longer durations on those skills (i.e. 24 seconds of Lich), PLUS shorter cooldowns.

I don’t want to say your crazy, but just in the brief time of listening to your YouTube and what you’ve written here gives me no other option. You’re embarrassing yourself AND misleading others with bad advice.

in PvP

Crinn.7864

I tried to watch your review of the recent changes and it was painful. I shut it off as soon as you said consume conditions doesn’t benefit from Spiteful Renewal. You literally can take 1.25 seconds to see that it DOES remove the vulnerability of Consume conditions.

And I have since made note of that mistake in a subsequent video.

However you missed the point of why I said it’s pointless to use with consume conditions. There is no real advantage to clearing the measly self-vuln applied by consume conditions. You much better off taking Bitter Chill on a consume conditions build compared to spiteful renewal.
Spiteful Renewal is only really worth taking on a YSIM build. The only time I would ever touch Spiteful Renewal with a Consume build is if I was running Master of Corruption, but there is zero synergy to support a spite/curses MoC build.

You also claim that Spectral Mastery is worthless because they buffed the base times, so the trait “isn’t worth it”…roflmao. You’re SERIOUSLY going to take spectral utilities and NOT take Spectral Mastery. You’re advising people to take +180 vitality versus getting huge life force everytime you use a Spectral Skill, longer durations on those skills (i.e. 24 seconds of Lich), PLUS shorter cooldowns.

Necros ran spectral heavy builds without touching Spectral Mastery even back when Spectral Mastery was 50% duration increase. Vital Persistence in both it’s new and old form has always been a better pick even for spectral heavy builds.

YouTube

in PvP

SPESHAL.9106

And I have since made note of that mistake in a subsequent video.

However you missed the point of why I said it’s pointless to use with consume conditions. There is no real advantage to clearing the measly self-vuln applied by consume conditions. You much better off taking Bitter Chill on a consume conditions build compared to spiteful renewal.
Spiteful Renewal is only really worth taking on a YSIM build. The only time I would ever touch Spiteful Renewal with a Consume build is if I was running Master of Corruption, but there is zero synergy to support a spite/curses MoC build.

Necros ran spectral heavy builds without touching Spectral Mastery even back when Spectral Mastery was 50% duration increase. Vital Persistence in both it’s new and old form has always been a better pick even for spectral heavy builds.

I didn’t think it could get worse, but it did. I’m glad you noticed your error, but you still don’t get it.

Spiteful Renewal is perfect for Consume Conditions because it removes something 100% of the time. Your primitive playstyle may not even note how advantageous it is. It gets you out of combat faster in some situations, removes a liability from Consume Conditions, can help with Master of Corruption builds, removes a vulnerability debuff that makes you even easier to burst down right after you use a heal…AND…you get an EXTRA 900 plus heal added to your consume condition that is guaranteed to benefit you 100% of the time.

Yes..it’s a good trait for YSIM too.

However, it’s sheer folly for you to sit there are argue that Spiteful Renewal is worthless for Consume Conditions (after not even knowing it worked at first). Bitter Chill may be better in some builds that want a tad more damage, but for people that want burst heal/survivability, it’s a great trait for only T1.

Once again…Every time you click Consume Conditions you will get an EXTRA 900+ heal GUARANTEED because of this trait and lose a 5% damage debuff…. THIS is what YOU are calling AS worthless.

I’m done trying to explain simple concepts to you. It’s too fatiguing and obviously you are happy with your “knowledge” of Necros…especially the importance of Shroud…so suit yourself.

FYI, Anet didn’t hotfix VP because the community was wrong, and you were right. Anet AGREED that it was overkill, hotfixed it, and proved that you are wrong. Nevertheless, feel free to continue your charade and pretend to know what you are talking about. It’s time for someone else to explain the obvious to you.

(edited by SPESHAL.9106)

in PvP

Crinn.7864

Spiteful Renewal on a Consume build provides a reliable benefit yes. But that benefit is tiny and only occurs once every 30seconds at best. Bitter Chill provides a reliable benefit and that benefit occurs frequently.

I cannot overstate the usefulness of Bitter Chill for rapid vuln stacking particularly with Executioner’s scythe. Moreover I cannot overstate the usefulness of vuln stacks to power necro both in terms of damage increase for the necro and his team, but also for the baseline damage modifier that Axe2 gets per stack of vulnerability.

As for ArenNet’s changes. I’m hardly the only necromancer to state that the VP “nerf” was irrelevant. Of course reddit disagrees, but reddit has a tendency for mob mentality bereft of reason.

YouTube

(edited by Crinn.7864)

in PvP

Syktek.7912

literally wut? burn guard has no cripple sources from their skills or traits so the only way this is possible is from a sigil. Their only source of vunlerability is f1 if traited to do that which is completely awful and chains of light on scepter which applies 3 stacks.

Wrong.

Zealot’s Aggression applies Cripple on Justice passive proc, Dulled Senses applies Vuln on Cripple application.

DH Burn guard runs both those traits.

InB4 “But I don’t run DH burn guard” And therefor you are still WRONG

(edited by Syktek.7912)

in PvP

Manimarco Devil.1790

If your gonna bring up the worst type of burn guard just to prove a point then more power to you.

Battlelord Taeres

in PvP

Syktek.7912

If your gonna bring up the worst type of burn guard just to prove a point then more power to you.

That ‘worst type’ of burn guard took me to Plat 2 top 250 on my first sPvP season. Sounds more like a L2P issue on your part.

And it also seems like you know nothing about Guardian and are simply spouting off

(edited by Syktek.7912)

in PvP

Posted by: TalleFjanten.7159

TalleFjanten.7159

You are aware that the dragonhunter has 2 traits that sunergies with f1 burn right? applying vulnerability AND cripple everytime f1 triggers. Maybe you should go read up on guard before you comment on this forum.

in PvP

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

You are aware that the dragonhunter has 2 traits that sunergies with f1 burn right? applying vulnerability AND cripple everytime f1 triggers. Maybe you should go read up on guard before you comment on this forum.

Even dome shield 5 KB can be setted to criple players …..

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in PvP

Manimarco Devil.1790

That ‘worst type’ of burn guard took me to Plat 2 top 250 on my first sPvP season. Sounds more like a L2P issue on your part.

And it also seems like you know nothing about Guardian and are simply spouting off

I’m glad you got that far, but that doesn’t mean its remotely good. Since about the third pvp season there has been a significant drop off in higher end players since rewards kept sucking. The fact you only got to plat 2 and are still in top 250 speaks volumes.

It’s spelled synergies and running pure glass traits like that should lead to guardian being the first one focused and dying every teamfight. I don’t even like DH on burn guard but if you do run it, it should still be hunter’s determination and hunter’s fortification that should be ran. The cripple and vuln are irrelevant compared to what those other traits give you in survivability.

Even dome shield 5 KB can be setted to criple players …..

So a burn guard should spec heavy light and run shield over a focus or torch just to cripple? I’m done here.

Battlelord Taeres

in PvP

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

dammnn… thats some high creativity on addign words to my text… 10 / 10 scrore

meanwhile:

(snip)

not stating if is super meta gimmick that kills or a awfull trait/weapon to use, just stating it is possible, bad or not… who cares.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

in PvP

Syktek.7912

So a burn guard should spec heavy light and run shield over a focus or torch just to cripple? I’m done here.

And here is where everyone knows you have no clue what you’re talking about.

Everyone and his mother were running Sword/Shield, Scepter/Focus this season on burn guardian.

Torch 4 misses half the time, Torch 5 will get you killed. Torch has never been good in PvP unless you’re fighting morons.

Shield gives you a CC, group aegis and Focus gives you three blocks and a blind. If you utilize DH subtrait 2 to any efficiency then those three blocks are three justice procs. F3 becomes a multi second block spam which can set over justice several times in a split second within a team fight and is extremely deadly in a 1v1.

Why are you here? You literally have no idea what you’re talking about.

Superior Burn Build: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQRAse7dnkICVDhlDBeDB8DhlGi6aYXgAIb+uv9Tu5L+nH-TZhAQBA4hAwvTAwGPCAwY/hxUGAA

/LastPost – I got better things to do than bicker with a fake.

(edited by Syktek.7912)

in PvP

Stand The Wall.6987

The Vital Persistence change was fairly trivial.

Soul Reaping’s potency as a traitline has always come from it’s minors particularly Gluttony and Strength of Undeath.

wut
explain to me the benefits of surviving in team fights without vital persistence
double wut
the minors that are pretty much fillers?

Spiteful Renewal is perfect for Consume Conditions

Bitter Chill may be better in some builds that want a tad more damage

spiteful renewal does not compare to 25 stacks of aoe vuln on rs 5-4.

are you guys even srs with these comments
I mean super srs
srsly
wut

in PvP

Crinn.7864

wut
explain to me the benefits of surviving in team fights without vital persistence
double wut
the minors that are pretty much fillers?

Your survival is coming from the 15% increased LF pool size from Strength of Undeath, and the increased LF gain from Gluttony. Vital Persistence’s change barely changed anything.

The speed of shadow’s nerf however was brutal. I’ve die at least once a match from circumstances where I would have lived with the old Speed of Shadows.

YouTube

in PvP

SPESHAL.9106

Spiteful Renewal is perfect for Consume Conditions

Bitter Chill may be better in some builds that want a tad more damage

spiteful renewal does not compare to 25 stacks of aoe vuln on rs 5-4.

are you guys even srs with these comments
I mean super srs
srsly
wut
[/quote]

What’s your PvP rating? Do you even pay attention during a PvP match to know what you are saying or are you just pulling this out your…?

I won’t say anything…I’ll let you figure it out yourself. Just record one PvP match and re-watch it. Count how many times you RS 4. Remember, you need to build Life Force to even get to RS and RS4 has a 30 second cooldown. Thus, it has an even LONGER effective cooldown than Consume Conditions.

Next, look at the condition Vulnerability. Nobody dies from Vulnerability alone. You have to be facing more than one enemy in a small radius for RS4 PLUS have other teammates that can benefit from the Vulnerability to make the “AOE vuln” pay significant dividends on damage.

(It can also cover other conditions, but you mentioned “AOE 25 stack from RS4” as your evidence. If I were arguing your side, I would say that covering other conditions is a bigger deal, but it just shows how primitive your logic is.)

Nevertheless, in your recorded play session, count how many times you got 25 stacks of AOE vulnerability that you tout and which fights the vulnerability made a REAL difference.

In contrast, if you are clicking your heal, you are usuallly in trouble, so any T1 trait that gives you a nice boost to your heal plus condi removal is very valuable for PvP purposes. Plus, not every Necro build is chill spam…certainly Scourge adds none and even removes lots of Chill options that are in Reaper Specialization.

Thus, as I already said, you have two options now based on if your build needs more damage/condition coverage or survivability.

Suit yourself though and keep arguing that the trait is useless.

in PvP

Posted by: XxsdgxX.8109

XxsdgxX.8109

Both are, they still are incredibly popular classes.

Stella Truth Seeker

in PvP

Crinn.7864

Both are, they still are incredibly popular classes.

popularity has nothing to do with how strong the class is.

Necromancer is trash in solo queue with the current meta, yet it’s still popular on NA.

I won’t say anything…I’ll let you figure it out yourself. Just record one PvP match and re-watch it. Count how many times you RS 4. Remember, you need to build Life Force to even get to RS and RS4 has a 30 second cooldown. Thus, it has an even LONGER effective cooldown than Consume Conditions.

I record every match I play. Vuln stacking with Bitter Chill is extremely easy and extremely potent.

Moreover, wasting a entire trait just to clear the self-condi from Consume is silly.

The only time I would use Spiteful Renewal is on a YSIM build. Since on a YSIM build you can use the trait to clear stuff that’s actually dangerous to you.

YouTube

(edited by Crinn.7864)

in PvP

Stand The Wall.6987

snipples

ill admit I was exaggerating, theyre not half bad as minors. speed of shadows nerf isn’t great, everyone has died plenty of times from shroud on cd. the vital persistence nerf (well before they made 25% less shroud degen baseline) really hurt sustain in team fights, and to say gluttony (which is a tiny increase) and strength of undeath (being at full shroud isn’t all that common) are better I find false. it doesn’t matter too much anymore since they gave necros that 25% back.
hmm just read up on the wiki and it says that shroud degens at 3% baseline. I remember it being way higher when I looked at my life force bar. I’m not sure of that number at all.

snipples

lol.
no ofc I don’t pay attention, I just rs11111 for easy bags. err this isn’t wvw so whatever pvp is good for, idk. I rs5-4 all the time dude. basically every necro who knows how to combo their skills does. maybe you should be the one paying attention. ill admit the aoe vuln is not too common to land, but when it does and youre in a teamfight (easier to land since more ccs) 4 ppl doing 25% more damage is sort of a big deal. ever pve? notice how stacking vuln is important? lernd math? its way better then a measly 1k hp when you use a healing skill.

in PvP

Crinn.7864

hmm just read up on the wiki and it says that shroud degens at 3% baseline. I remember it being way higher when I looked at my life force bar. I’m not sure of that number at all.

The original degen rate of shroud was 4%, the pre-nerf Vital Persistence lowered that to 2%. The devs put in a hotfix patch a few days ago that changed the base degen rate to 3%.

YouTube

in PvP

Posted by: Rodzynald.5897

Rodzynald.5897

That ’worst type’ of burn guard took me to Plat 2 top 250 on my first sPvP season. Sounds more like a L2P issue on your part.

Congratz on getting to 250, it still takes at least a shadow of tactical thought and some skill to get there. Sadly, this season’s MMR was so out of control for most people, that many undeserving players got to lick 250 before falling down, or even stayed there.
Even today, a few hours ago I fought a merciless legend who played like a low gold tier at best. So in the long run I only see a handful of people in 250 who got it in its full 100% worth. Why is that? Recently I’ve been hearing a lot about players who said "my first season" and "got to 250". While quite an ammount of acquaintances of mine who played for years and pretty much every season, either barely got to 200-250 or got stuck in plat1/low plat2 with a serious 50% win/loss ratio. Thus I hardly believe that those "my first season"’ers didn’t get simply carried with mmr.

Guardian is meant for jolly crusading.

(edited by Rodzynald.5897)

in PvP

Syktek.7912

Congratz on getting to 250, it still takes at least a shadow of tactical thought and some skill to get there. Sadly, this season’s MMR was so out of control for most people, that many undeserving players got to lick 250 before falling down, or even stayed there.
Even today, a few hours ago I fought a merciless legend who played like a low gold tier at best. So in the long run I only see a handful of people in 250 who got it in its full 100% worth. Why is that? Recently I’ve been hearing a lot about players who said “my first season” and “got to 250”. While quite an ammount of acquaintances of mine who played for years and pretty much every season, either barely got to 200-250 or got stuck in plat1/low plat2 with a serious 50% win/loss ratio. Thus I hardly believe that those “my first season”‘ers didn’t get simply carried with mmr.

I got stuck in silver (For 50 games) at the beginning and climbed out with a duo partner. My max was 1666 this go, ended at 1639. I had absolutely no intentions of going to Plat this season and thought I would end up in bronze. I simply played for AP and the rewards in the beginning and it’s safe to say I kinda regret keeping at it. It’s a cool title, but I probably aged a few years.

And I don’t really know my skill level (I have a lot of self doubt), but my duo partner said I’m above average for a Guardian main, so. I agree though, a lot of people who really shouldn’t have been up at plat got to stay there simply because of good placement matches and luck. Which is all you need I guess.

I never want to fight in silver again though. Some of the funnest matches I had were losses in platinum.

in PvP

Stand The Wall.6987

snipples

werd huh. still seems low to me, guess I’m trippin. welp looks like reason won out again eh?

in PvP

Posted by: Ralkuth.1456

Ralkuth.1456

I record every match I play. Vuln stacking with Bitter Chill is extremely easy and extremely potent.

Moreover, wasting a entire trait just to clear the self-condi from Consume is silly.

The only time I would use Spiteful Renewal is on a YSIM build. Since on a YSIM build you can use the trait to clear stuff that’s actually dangerous to you.

Yes, it’s rather pointless in my opinion to argue about the synergy of Spiteful Renewal with Consume Conditions (head is still hurting from that receptor cross-talk essay I wrote on cancer) over “Your Soul Is Mine!”.

YSIM! has a much shorter CD and with Soldier Runes + Spiteful Renewal you can remove 2 conditions on heal. Time that correctly and you can probably remove some obscenely high poison/torment stacks through a cover condition just after being combo’d.

The 0.5 second faster cast-time is nothing to sneeze at. I mean, I’m extremely bad at Thief but even I can spam Headshot to interrupt Consume Conditions in time, it takes the entire lifespan of GW2 to cast (around 5 years?) and the Necro raises his hand helpfully too. Cuz we’re friendly.

Vuln stacks are powerful and easy to get on Necro, and if they ate your RS5 + 4 combo + Spinal Shivers proc they likely won’t be able to dodge the Axe 2 + Might stacks that comes right after and it’s often GG.

5 useless class titles
Carrying enemy team since 2012
“Multiclass implies you can actually play the class” – a certain royalty