Ezrael.6859

Soul Marks + Putrid Mark

Corrupt Boon

Well of Corruption

Necromancer How to kill a block target?

in PvP

Posted by: Terrorsquad.2349

Terrorsquad.2349

I’m not certain but don’t Necros have highest amount of Unblockables, considering this meta?

Denied | 5.9k PvP Games | PvP Rank: 236 | 8.6k hours | 9 Legendaries | Still Bad.

in PvP

Posted by: Nova.3817

Nova.3817

thats such a ez matchup… just start by marking them up once they have exhuasted all the blocks swap to scepter and finish them… make sure to dodge there spear so they cant pull you into heal i typically bring flesh wurm if the other team has a guard so in case i get caught i can just flesh wurm out but its a easy matchup we have so many unblock able options…. just dont reaper shroud and try to brawl out with them…. they will block your entire burst and out trade you 100%

in PvP

Posted by: Faux Play.6104

Faux Play.6104

Guardians have a low health pool and necro has a lot of unlockable skills. If a guardian stays close they should be a fairly easy target. Just pressure until they use their invulnerable skill then finish with your unblockable skills. Both have a couple good builds in the meta, so it is hard to give specific recommendations without having more information on what you are having trouble with.

in PvP

Posted by: Nightshade.2570

Nightshade.2570

Actually alot of Guards are starting to bunker, they have a build that does about the same damage but is super tanky.

I am running the shout “Nothing can Save you” specifically to deal with blocking enemies.
And of course, unblockable marks is a necessity.

in PvP

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

In a 1v1, the guardian should be able to kill you, but in a team fight, a necro should be perfect for helping bringing down a guardian due to boon corrupts. Power necro is stronger against guardians than condi necro as well since guardians have a lot of cleanses. , but a power necro should bring boon corrupts to get rid of the stability and protection.

in PvP

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

guardian go tanky… well how nice since necros can go condi and ignored armor.

boons? how delicious boons are for necros

save yourselves? lol this guy just pressed my win button.

Guardian/DH overall are easy countered, reason they have alot of blocks, like DH f3, shelter RF, and the low health its a bit of a joke, since armor from light to heavy its a 15% damage reducing.~

@Kuya.6495, deppends… if the DH make damage yes if no, he get wrecked easilly.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

in PvP

Posted by: Ralkuth.1456

Ralkuth.1456

OP brings the tastiest discussions.

I think the best opening is to Fear Mark and trigger the stability trap passive, then immediately Corrupt Boon to gain some breathing room.

From there I’ll try to pay attention to the raised hand so I can dodge the Spear throw.

5 useless class titles
Carrying enemy team since 2012
“Multiclass implies you can actually play the class” – a certain royalty

in PvP

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

I was making the assumption he was referring to dps oriented guardians during league season since bunker guard hasn’t been meta in a long time.

in PvP

Posted by: Vitali.5039

Vitali.5039

Guardian really can not kill, too difficult

-“Nothing Can Save You!”

Damage foes around you, converting their boons into vulnerability. Your attacks become unblockable for a short time. The duration increases based on the number of foes struck.

Convert up to 2 boons to 5 vuln stack each and make your attack unblockable for minumum 4 seconds

-Renewed Focus

Focus, making yourself invulnerable and recharging your virtues.

RF isn’t a block, don’t use your shout on it.

-Shield of Absorption

Create a dome around you that pushes foes back and absorbs projectiles.

knock down and absorbs projectiles.
You shouldn’t try kill guardians with Staff AA.

-Shield of Wrath

Create a shield to block the next three attacks. If the shield is not destroyed, it explodes and damages nearby foes.

Can block 3 hit in 4 seconds time, mostly used to prevent Reaper’s Executioner’s Scythe and then dodge the following burst.
Use your “Nothing Can Save You!” before entering Reaper’s Shroud to take advantage of your CC or to force Renewed Focus while the Dragohunter use Shield’s of Courage.

in PvP

Posted by: Silv.9207

Silv.9207

I use the Corrosive Poison Cloud to spam unblockable Poison+Weakness (to reduce they’re damage and heal) and destroy they’re projectiles. Then when the enemy active his combo F1+trap+knockback I active my F1+Foot in the Grave to breakstun and obtain stability, vanishing they’re combo. If the enemy don’t active anything else I will use My RS5+RS4 combo to inflict huge damage. if he active a block I active Plagueland Elite to inflict damage (still if is low to act, when the enemy end his block I will inflict tons of damage). that elite work good on them because a lot of DH is so bad and so copnfident on traps that they don’t move so much, making them easy prey of an AoE elite. But a good player can move around.
In that time I already had my CPC back, becoming invulnerable to projectiles for other 8 seconds and spamming poison+weakness.
When the enemy waste all his blocks, I start to hit hard, totally able to kill him.

The Guardian have strong CC and huge damage if the trap combo work, but if you put a Stop using a breakstun and stability, also blocking his projectiles, the guardian can’t inflict any good damage, don’t have mobility skills to flee (his teleports are good only to Engage and not to Disengace singe they don’t even use the GS in they’re builds).
The best strategy of the current guardian is stand immobile, place Traps, spam True Shot and make combos to inflict more damage possible. If you learn to counter that playstyle you can kill them.
is also important to be able to corrupt they’re stability, obtaining a big advantage.
At last, your marks are unblockables if traited and the Scepter isn’t a Projectile weapon then isn’t affected by skills like Sanctuary or Wall of Reflection, granting you a free hit if the enemy use that skill thinking to counter you.

If you find a good player you will not kill him easy, not at all, but you can kill him and that’s the only thing you need to know. You’re able to win, you only need practice and strategy.

(edited by Silv.9207)

in PvP

Posted by: Yannir.4132

Yannir.4132

Oh come on. Guardian is like the second easiest target for necro. Right after ele.

Yannir for males. (guard,thief,war,ele)
Sonya for females. (necro,rev,ranger,mes,engi)
All classes lvl 80.

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

I’m not certain but don’t Necros have highest amount of Unblockables, considering this meta?

In terms of damage meditrapper DH has the most unblockable offense. (ToF, LB3, F1)

Necro unblockables are staff marks and wail of doom. However I’m going to point out that staff doesn’t deal much damage and is a pure utility weapon. Most guardians will just shrug off necro marks.

This isn’t to say necros can’t beat guardians. But people need to stop overestimating necro unblockables.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

(edited by Crinn.7864)

in PvP

Posted by: TheDevice.2751

TheDevice.2751

In terms of damage meditrapper DH has the most unblockable offense. (ToF, LB3, F1)

Necro unblockables are staff marks and wail of doom. However I’m going to point out that staff doesn’t deal much damage and is a pure utility weapon. Most guardians will just shrug off necro marks.

This isn’t to say necros can’t beat guardians. But people need to stop overestimating necro unblockables.

Well this isn’t true. People do overestimate necro’s viability but as far as unblockables go, necro’s have plenty.

All of their poison fields including CPC are unblockable
Corrupt Boon is unblockable.
Wells are unblockable (the three offensive ones)
Siphons are unblockable (including Signet of Vampirism siphon effect)
Traited marks are unblockable.
Wail of Doom
There’s also “Nothing can save you!” which will make all your attacks unblockable.

(edited by TheDevice.2751)