The Necromancer designer is an idiot.

The Necromancer Skills too much garbage are not used in PvP

The only useful skills are healing skills and F1

The funny thing is, I’ve been playing for 3 years

Necromancer skills in PVP is poor

in PvP

Posted by: aph.4693

aph.4693

.. is that supposed to be some form of haiku?

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

Don’t worry, I’m sure next patch they will give us more boon corrupts on random weapon skills.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

in PvP

Posted by: shagwell.1349

shagwell.1349

Power necro is in a really sad state. You are basically a glass cannon, that can’t deal damage when compared to other professions playing power. There is not a single skill that hits above 5k while you get hits from warrior, ranger, thief or guardian above 9k. While the other mentioned classes have either excellent mobility and/or an invulnerability skill necro only has a 2nd health bar that is need defensively as well as offensively.
You need at least one, better two babysitters in your team to be a useful part of your team.

What has to change:

- give the old axe 3 skill back
- delete plaguelands and bring back plague with either a short invulnerability or the old improved healthpool
- give necros a reflect like warriors have on their shield, maybe on focus or warhorn

- give power classes more rune sets to choose from

[orz] below mediocre – we sponsor Arenanet
Piken Square EU, maybe soon on your server.

in PvP

Crinn.7864

The funny part is that power necro is still better off than condi necro, which as this point is relegated to killing support eles and being junk at everything else.

YouTube

in PvP

Posted by: steelheart.7386

steelheart.7386

Pretty much correct. Wasn’t always this way though. Necros have eaten a lot of nerfs. They have always been bad in 1v1 but with smart play and a couple of teammates that aren’t complete idiots you could do well. In organized groups is where you could really shine. Duo/Solo Queue is the worst situation for them because you cant play with a group to chain rez or call out peels and a couple of coordinated dps can just kill you over and over again. For some reason a lot of people are trying to play power builds again but they are actually still worse then the Condition builds that have been around for a long time and continually nerfed. Nos came up with a power build that strip boons and all the lemmings flocked to it even though its not really particularly any good. He did well with it but he is the best Necro player in the world and duo’d half the time with another one of the best players in the world during the last ranked season. There is no compelling reason to play Necro right now in SPVP except for misguided loyalty to the class or the fact it just might be the class someone has the most experience on and is best at really.

(edited by steelheart.7386)

in PvP

Posted by: Gizmorage.6412

Gizmorage.6412

Well I just think that fundamentally it doesn’t make much sense for a class that doesn’t scale with number not to have the tools to properly 1v1, and by that I mean a more reliable way to deal with immobilize (the ranger passive root is pretty much single handedly causing the downfall of necro in duels), stability, projectile hate or purely damage avoidance, you got to have one of these, if you’re not gonna go with more mobility.
With that said @steelheart, there were times where necros were actually good at 1v1ing, for instance, the pre HoT signet cele necro was an excellent duellist. It would fall a bit short against condition builds but the passive transfer signet would do its work (not good design btw) and you were then able to 1v1 the grand majority of the builds available.

“Trust me, i’m a medic”

in PvP

Posted by: Zintrothen.1056

Zintrothen.1056

But….second health bar!

Oh wait that doesn’t do crap when it also drains slowly while taking damage. You MIGHT think the necro has 20k extra health, but it’s actually more like 10k when you lose a thousand every second (estimated numbers).

Also, I already explained in a previous post why a second health bar doesn’t work even remotely as well as actual sustain skills. But that would involve a wall of text and I’m too tired to have to keep repeating it. But the gist of it is that necro defences lose value when damage values go up. Whereas sustain skills values go up when damage values go up.

(edited by Zintrothen.1056)

in PvP

Posted by: Vitali.5039

Vitali.5039

Isn’t Necro’s survivability improved after the update?
Less bursty sigils (and we were always the first to get focussed)
Many other classes get nerfed, hardly enough to give us more survival.

- give the old axe 3 skill back

WTF?

- give necros a reflect like warriors have on their shield, maybe on focus or warhorn

To me the most suited skill for projectile reflect is Death’s Charge (reaper only), and Spectral Walk for projectile destruction, i don’t see a possible reflection in our weapon’s skill.

in PvP

Posted by: shagwell.1349

shagwell.1349

Unholy Feast: This skill no longer applies retaliation. It now invokes a secondary AoE strike against foes below 25% health. Fixed skill-fact bugs that showed range instead of radius and did not display the correct number of boons converted.

Yes, I want the old one back. Thanks.

[orz] below mediocre – we sponsor Arenanet
Piken Square EU, maybe soon on your server.

in PvP

Posted by: Silv.9207

Silv.9207

Necromancer survavibility don’t got any buff from the nerf to sigils and few nerfs to random damage skills.
Necromancers were using Plagueform to obtain a defensive way to survive, doubling the toughness and granting a Blind Spam (still if totally useless against warriors and ranged builds). That change made the necromancer survavibility even worst than before, and also his group “support” (spam blind in a team fight is really good).

A lot of classes don’t need sigils to kill you with burst damage (like thief, guardian and warrior) and they’re damage now is lowered by only a small %, granting to the necro more or less nothing in terms of survavibility.

Necromancers also obtained a 20% damage reduction on both direct and condi on the RS3 (maybe to compensate the Plagueland?) is not enough to save you. Necromancers now have weakness, 20% damage reduction, protection and Rise, but all that don’t grant them to survive to a burst (expecially in a team fight).
There’s a Huge difference between damage reduction skills and Block/Immunity/Evade skills. Blocks don’t only block incoming damage (both direct and condi) they also block incoming conditions (damaging and CC) and effects like Stun and KnockX, that is what make them really good.

The necromancer was good in 1v1 after the HoT release but was immediatly nerfed to the ground. Thematicly and by the will of ANet, necromancers don’t have to be able to inflict any good damage and have to be a pure meatshield, with attrition skills. But an attrition class is totally unable to compete in an enviroment where who hit harder and move faster win. The top classes in this meta have both huge damage and huge movement skills, that at higher level is more important than block skills.

Then, the difference between condition and direct build is:
condition grant more Combo damage with RS combo and grant to be able to use the CCPC and also have even better boon corruption spam.
direct damage build grant a little lesser damage but immediate (that isn’t bad in a meta that fear conditions so much without any reason and run tons of condi clean) and have a little more survavibility with few traits like Blighter’s Boon that grant a lot of LF and eventually health while fighting in shroud (not so much heal but still better than nothing).

The reason a lot of players chose power instead of condition is only for obtain a little more survavibility on a class that don’t have any way to survive.

in PvP

Posted by: JusticeRetroHunter.7684

JusticeRetroHunter.7684

Sure, from a design standpoint, necromancer is weak in the defense department compared to other classes.

But, if you play it right, you shouldn’t be dieing that often, and is a powerful class for what it does.

I play shout-mancer and i find myself winning 2v1’s because i know what my role is and how to play my class. You need to learn how to not engage bad match-ups. Technically necro is not a duelist, it’s a teamfighter/scrimmager class and it shines with a good support.

in PvP

Posted by: Vitali.5039

Vitali.5039

Unholy Feast have get a nice situational damage boost at the cost of the more reliable Retaliation buff, that was better, but Axe were lacking in AoE damage and we can still get Retaliation from Spiteful Spirit.

Necromancer survavibility don’t got any buff from the nerf to sigils and few nerfs to random damage skills.

“focus necro first” -cit
Without on crit damaging sigils that usually were proccing on us at the start of every fight necros have gained more survivability, now we have the time to gain some life force and react. No positioning could have saved us from teleporting ToF pin/push guardian’s combo +2 proc, now we can survive with a stunbreak.

Necromancers were using Plagueform to obtain a defensive way to survive, doubling the toughness and granting a Blind Spam (still if totally useless against warriors and ranged builds). That change made the necromancer survavibility even worst than before, and also his group “support” (spam blind in a team fight is really good).

Under this aspect you’re right. Core necro have lost it’s best PvP elite skill.

A lot of classes don’t need sigils to kill you with burst damage (like thief, guardian and warrior) and they’re damage now is lowered by only a small %, granting to the necro more or less nothing in terms of survavibility.

Actually 0 class can use the old sigils and the burst still exists.
The sigils simply were extremally helpful to burst.

Necromancers also obtained a 20% damage reduction on both direct and condi on the RS3 (maybe to compensate the Plagueland?) is not enough to save you. Necromancers now have weakness, 20% damage reduction, protection and Rise, but all that don’t grant them to survive to a burst (expecially in a team fight).
There’s a Huge difference between damage reduction skills and Block/Immunity/Evade skills. Blocks don’t only block incoming damage (both direct and condi) they also block incoming conditions (damaging and CC) and effects like Stun and KnockX, that is what make them really good.

Coordinate burst will always be necro’s Achilles heel.
If only they could make the wurm more reliable..

The reason a lot of players chose power instead of condition is only for obtain a little more survavibility on a class that don’t have any way to survive.

To me power can simply apply more pressure without beign forced to enter in shroud.

(edited by Vitali.5039)

in PvP

Crinn.7864

Unholy Feast have get a nice situational damage boost at the cost of the more reliable Retaliation buff, that was better, but Axe were lacking in AoE damage and we can still get Retaliation from Spiteful Spirit.

You’re forgetting blighter’s boon. Under the old axe #3 you would get 1% Life Force for each target struck with axe #3 because it generated a boon.

The new version of the skill cannot generate life force no matter how you trait.

YouTube

in PvP

Posted by: SPESHAL.9106

SPESHAL.9106

All you need to know about Anet with Necros is summed up in the Epidemic hotfix. If they would have internally tested it for 10 minutes, they could have noticed so it just proves they have NOBODY doing any testing.

in PvP

Posted by: Sigmoid.7082

Sigmoid.7082

and we can still get Retaliation from Spiteful Spirit.

No we cant. Its broken.

in PvP

Posted by: Silv.9207

Silv.9207

No we cant. Its broken.

Retalation was a good weapon of the necromancer before the trait system rework. We was able to obtain it for some seconds, granting us a way to punish the enemy while attacking us.

That was thematicly perfect because we lack of defences, then the enemy have to be puneshed when hit us.
It was not OP in the past and will not be now, it was only removed because there was better traits to chose to make the new trait system. But we lost a big chance to “dfend” us.

Obtain retalation back will be a really good new for us

in PvP

Posted by: Sigmoid.7082

Sigmoid.7082

No we cant. Its broken.

Retalation was a good weapon of the necromancer before the trait system rework. We was able to obtain it for some seconds, granting us a way to punish the enemy while attacking us.

That was thematicly perfect because we lack of defences, then the enemy have to be puneshed when hit us.
It was not OP in the past and will not be now, it was only removed because there was better traits to chose to make the new trait system. But we lost a big chance to “dfend” us.

Obtain retalation back will be a really good new for us

The trait…the trait is broken. When they removed retaliation from axe #3 it was removed from the trait spiteful spirit even though the tool tip still says it grants the boon.

Currently all spiteful spirit does is corrupt 1 boon and does an air crippling hit. It no longer grants retaliation as of the latest balance patch.

(edited by Sigmoid.7082)

in PvP

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

All you need to know about Anet with Necros is summed up in the Epidemic hotfix. If they would have internally tested it for 10 minutes, they could have noticed so it just proves they have NOBODY doing any testing.

Wrong! It proves that nobody is doing any Necro testing outside PvE.

I think they sacked all the testers because of leaks.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in PvP

Posted by: TheDevice.2751

TheDevice.2751

breaks my heart to see new people finding this out for the first time.. Sigh. Well, maybe in another 5 years anet will have some people who actually care about this class to make some needed changes.

in PvP

Posted by: Zomak.3168

Zomak.3168

Played Necro from beta now with al these nurfs plague being the last straw for me. I have to find a new class to play thanks for killing my favorite class. So unless I’m playing the story mode no point to my favorite class anymore… happens in every game at some point the developers kill there own game with nurffs bats.
#missOLDguildwars2

in PvP

Posted by: Ziggityzog.7389

Ziggityzog.7389

Gawd for about 2 n a half years now I’ve used a blood necro with other trait lines but always blood and I do great. The only class that can 1v1 me and maybe win is the 1,000 block and burn guard. Necro is has and seems will always be the best pvp class. Nothing like having 50k life with bar and life force

lol’ing at thos who use broken builds and claim to be good since 2005.

|||Necro the masterclass very few know about.|||

in PvP

Crinn.7864

Played Necro from beta now with al these nurfs plague being the last straw for me. I have to find a new class to play thanks for killing my favorite class. So unless I’m playing the story mode no point to my favorite class anymore… happens in every game at some point the developers kill there own game with nurffs bats.
#missOLDguildwars2

Realistically necro is in a better spot post patch than before because the nerfs to sigils and other classes reduced the damage being thrown around, which in turns means that our Life force is slightly less outclassed now

YouTube

in PvP

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

No block, no invincibility

A lot of times are being attacked

Old interruptions do not produce skills

No 1v1, no 2v2, just 1vs2+

Can only wait to die

You definitely haven’t tested this profession in PvP

Bad bad

Vs guardian and ranger can not have both

Because there are only 10 skills

The Necromancer designer is an idiot.

The Necromancer Skills too much garbage are not used in PvP

The only useful skills are healing skills and F1

The funny thing is, I’ve been playing for 3 years

Even the heal shout has a cast time. The whole class seems to be worse than what others can do.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.