Necros

Necros

in PvP

Posted by: Shadow.1345

Shadow.1345

I swear if I ever have to read or hear about Necromancers getting nerfed in the patch again I will kick someone with an H at the beginning of their name in a not very nice place.

Necros

in PvP

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

Where did this come from? O.o

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

Necros

in PvP

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

There is nothing left to nerf.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

Necros

in PvP

Shadow.1345

Had 3 Necromancers on the other team in my last match and they were ridiculously hard to kill. That and necromancers are far from nerfed since the patch.

Necros

in PvP

Posted by: Khenzy.9348

Khenzy.9348

Bunker necros are a thing. Really.

Necros

in PvP

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Necro’s are no longer free kills so everyone wants us to get nerfed.

Still not on the same level as other professions. But no longer miles behind them.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

Necros

in PvP

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

Still not on the same level as other professions. But no longer miles behind them.

The same could be said for mesmers lol

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

Necros

in PvP

Sagat.3285

Please elaborate.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

Necros

in PvP

jportell.2197

Please elaborate.

Mesmer are no longer free kills so now they want them nerfed.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

Necros

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

Bunker necros are a thing. Really.

Me and forsaker created a very strong bunker necro that we told to everyone and alot of people have been impressed by it

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

Necros

in PvP

Sagat.3285

Please elaborate.

The only issue I could agree with mesmer was that only 1 spec was meta material since beta but was countered by zerker thief but with zerker countered other zerkers in 1v1 that is. This is the first time I hear that mesmers were a free kill.

The Dhuumfire thread

Necros

in PvP

Shadow.1345

I don’t want them nerfed but they are more powerful post-patch. I have run into some power-necros that do some crazy damage. I don’t think this last patch was the nerfing people were QQing about before it was released.

Necros

in PvP

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Maybe they’ve been running this:

http://intothemists.com/guides/5588-blood_curses_support_updated

Got quite an amount of views from the last time I checked it :P

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

Necros

in PvP

Posted by: Aktium.9506

Aktium.9506

I’ve been running a pretty standard MM build the past few days.
http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=-34-8c;0sHkE0s3gI-K0;9;489A;0036037246;4ZwW7U;1k2Ewk2EwV0S

I don’t even like the playstyle but the condi management is too good to pass up in the current state of the game.

Sometimes Unholy Martyr and Necromantic Corruption goes absolutely bonkers and ends up refilling my DS by like 90%. It would actually feel like a good build if minions weren’t sitting completely still at the other side of the map most of time.

Necros

in PvP

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Please elaborate.

The only issue I could agree with mesmer was that only 1 spec was meta material since beta but was countered by zerker thief but with zerker countered other zerkers in 1v1 that is. This is the first time I hear that mesmers were a free kill.

Mesmer’s remind me of that spoiled middle child that has to make everything about them and are always complaining that they have it so hard because they didn’t get the cellphone they wanted for their 12th birthday.

Necros

in PvP

jportell.2197

Please elaborate.

Mesmer’s remind me of that spoiled middle child that has to make everything about them and are always complaining that they have it so hard because they didn’t get the cellphone they wanted for their 12th birthday.

We are more of the red headed step children that didn’t get anything until our parents realized that we were almsot dead and should prolly be fed before CPS gets called for neglect.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

Necros

in PvP

Sagat.3285

Please elaborate.

We are more of the red headed step children that didn’t get anything until our parents realized that we were almsot dead and should prolly be fed before CPS gets called for neglect.

Wasn’t that ranger?

The Dhuumfire thread

Necros

in PvP

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

I don’t recall Mesmer being dead in any game mode prior to the patch. I think it was one of more popular professions even, tbh. Just had problem with Thieves.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

Necros

in PvP

jportell.2197

Please elaborate.

Wasn’t that ranger?

No because the ppetting zoo meta was part of the meta for a good 6 mos. Mes couldnt say that

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

Necros

in PvP

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Please elaborate.

I rest my case.

Necros

in PvP

Posted by: zinavlad.7581

zinavlad.7581

Had 3 Necromancers on the other team in my last match and they were ridiculously hard to kill. That and necromancers are far from nerfed since the patch.

u needs damage, 1 ele, 1 mesmer and kill them

ez, no ?

Necros

in PvP

Shadow.1345

u needs damage, 1 ele, 1 mesmer and kill them

ez, no ?

We had a Guardian, Ele (though the player was new to playing Ele) and Thief. I was the thief and with DA/SA/Trk D/P with Zerker Ammie my HS was just tickling them even at <30% health.

But sure, next time I’ll just tell the game to give me a mesmer and ele instead of just what the queue gave me.

Necros

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Please elaborate.

They never were free kills, at least for any mesmer above average. The issue now is that they are the second strongest class behind ele.

Necros

in PvP

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

Please elaborate.

They never were free kills, at least for any mesmer above average. The issue now is that they are the second strongest class behind ele.

What class should be the second strongest class?

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

Necros

in PvP

Posted by: Salamander.2504

Salamander.2504

Please elaborate.

Necros

in PvP

Posted by: data.4093

data.4093

On the pvp and necro forums you’ll always see necros complaining they’re underpowered.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/necromancer/MM-is-broken-why-do-I-hear-about-it-in-PVP/
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/necromancer/Conditionmancer-still-sucks

Thankfully it’s only the first 2 links this time. It appears that after the patch some necros are enjoying the specialization change, before this the entire page was basically toxic posts about how bad necros were.

Necros

in PvP

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

On the pvp and necro forums you’ll always see necros complaining they’re underpowered.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/necromancer/MM-is-broken-why-do-I-hear-about-it-in-PVP/
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/necromancer/Conditionmancer-still-sucks

Thankfully it’s only the first 2 links this time. It appears that after the patch some necros are enjoying the specialization change, before this the entire page was basically toxic posts about how bad necros were.

To be fair, a lot of the complaints still stand, even with the specialization changes. This includes no way to deal with focus-fire and long cast times coupled with a lack of ways to prevent interruption, both issues that have been present in the game sine launch. Throw in actual conflict between mechanics (Death Shroud still handicaps two traits and renders a third totally useless), and you can see where Necros are coming from.

Thankfully, the Blood Magic rework has helped a lot with the sustain issues the class has had. Still not perfect, but vastly improved from where it was.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

Necros

in PvP

Posted by: GoogleBrandon.5073

GoogleBrandon.5073

Thankfully, the Blood Magic rework has helped a lot with the sustain issues the class has had. Still not perfect, but vastly improved from where it was.

It did, a lot more builds came from it – luckily I’d say.

Maybe every profession should get Robert Gee’d so that everyone can finally enjoy playing their professions – it might stop people from their constant complaints

Guild channel with PvP uploads
Lost? Confused? [TCS] – A guild for every state of body and mind

Necros

in PvP

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

Maybe every profession should get Robert Gee’d so that everyone can finally enjoy playing their professions – it might stop people from their constant complaints

It’s a nice thought, but I don’t know if any other class was as mechanically hamstrung with an entire trait line as Necros were. I could be wrong though.

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

Necros

in PvP

Posted by: GoogleBrandon.5073

GoogleBrandon.5073

It’s a nice thought, but I don’t know if any other class was as mechanically hamstrung with an entire trait line as Necros were. I could be wrong though.

Dunno, but he seems to do an excelent job at not only balancing traitlines, but also finding a thematical reasoning behind it, something I really enjoy – keeping the shape of the profession while balancing in the meanwhile. I would say, this is welcome for any of the professions – with the Ranger sticking out.

I mean not to discredit the other people who balance the profession, but sometimes it feels as if things are just thrown at it “just ’cause”. While maybe maintaining reasonable “balance” within a few or even one builds, it feels empty and stale.

Guild channel with PvP uploads
Lost? Confused? [TCS] – A guild for every state of body and mind

Necros

in PvP

Posted by: mordran.4750

mordran.4750

Oh yes please. Since Mr Gee is responsible for the mesmer and we all can see in what kind of ridiculous spot the class is, it would be fun to see the oneshoterama happen over all professions. Maybe Mr. Gee should start to play his own game before “balancing” more classes.

Necros

in PvP

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

Please elaborate.

Mesmer is NEVER free kill to begin with zzz.

Another spoiled child who doesn’t know the suffering of Necro and Ranger.

Necros

in PvP

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

Please elaborate.

Wasn’t that ranger?

But ranger not only was the red headed step children, now they’re outright abandoned post patch. They got buffed in LB, some survival, and BM rework yes, but all the rest of the already unviable things become totally dead now. (Traps, Off-hand, Shout, Spirits.)

Necros

in PvP

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

Please elaborate.

I believe this deserves an answer.

Cause everyone wants to say “the class I main” but nobody wants to be nerfed.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.