Necros being strong = good

in PvP

Posted by: Novuake.2691

Novuake.2691

Yeah, you heard me. Even though I find it super hard to admit. WIhtout them, druids, DH and eles would be running rampant and we would have a bunker meta again.

Druids are the only thing keeping them under control. This probably goes for scrappers too. Although scrappers can outkite them and win the duels in the long run.

Retriever Iiat – Asura Engineer
Private retriever of runaway NPCs
Mistband[MIST] – PVP Training guild EU

in PvP

Posted by: NiloyBardhan.9170

NiloyBardhan.9170

TBH its not good. Along with reaper, all other elite spec needs massive nerf (yes Berserker gunflame included) and buff the core specs by a bit so that everyone isn’t forced to play the elite specs. Scrappers and Herald/Rev is broken too much and support ele’s overload air base dmg should be nerfed but buff the dmg coefficient by a lot.

14 80s – Niloy Bardhan (warr) ¦ Cute Asura Niloy (guard) ¦ Madhumita Bardhan (ele)
“Owner of the rarest items in Tyria” Legendary collector 8/5 – 300% base MF
Yak’s Bend website – yaks-bend.enjin.com (temporary) #YakForever #YB4LYFE

in PvP

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

While I don’t care that much since I don’t really play gw2 anymore, I find it mostly sad that my old main got super-buffed because it will be most likely super-nerfed during the next distant balance patch. Arenanet doesn’t balance things evenly, they just take turns over nerfing and overbuffing everything in an endless cycle of discontent.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

If i was to make a tier list it would go

A- necro- rev- scrapper

B-Druid-Ele

C-DH

D- Mesmer

E-Warrior

F- Thief

And unlike pre HOT there are no counter builds. If the players are of equal skill, IMO this is how the fights should go down.

(edited by kdaddy.5431)

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

A- necro- rev- scrapper

B-Druid-Ele

C-DH

D- Mesmer

E-Warrior

F- Thief

And unlike pre HOT there are no counter builds. If the players are of equal skill, IMO this is how the fights should go down.

uhhh really.. thief bellow warrior?

regardless, all classes need to be brought to DH level to keep the game sane. I would say theif was there already, with only mes and warrior below. theif is very strong if you’re not bad, and DH is strong vs bads. both feel similarly strong (don’t bring up the fact medi guard counters theif. this has been around for years and does not mean it’s a better class. just that the 1v1 is mechanically squed).

druid and ele are strong, but not problematically so. not like top three. this is mostly due to holding support roles, as opposed to God mode bruiser.

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

(edited by choovanski.5462)

in PvP

Posted by: JTGuevara.9018

JTGuevara.9018

A- necro- rev- scrapper

B-Druid-Ele

C-DH

D- Mesmer

E-Warrior

F- Thief

regardless, all classes need to be brought to DH level to keep the game sane.

Burn/wildfire warrior with sword/torch + mace/shield is good in teamfights. Plus it totally WRECKS thieves 1v1.

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

A- necro- rev- scrapper

B-Druid-Ele

C-DH

D- Mesmer

E-Warrior

F- Thief

Burn/wildfire warrior with sword/torch + mace/shield is good in teamfights. Plus it totally WRECKS thieves 1v1.

I’ve played the build. it’s deeply mediocre.

anyone can wreck bad thieves with condi. not hard at all.

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

in PvP

Posted by: AivenPrimus.9184

AivenPrimus.9184

What’s with this ‘’Reve top tier, blah blah’’ thing?

Am I playing different game?

These few days of playtime, I have at best seen 2-4 Reves in Rankeds,
I have hardly ever had a problem to play against them,

Even when I myself play Reve, I never believed that they are ’’That’’ good as other people seem to say…

in PvP

Posted by: JTGuevara.9018

JTGuevara.9018

A- necro- rev- scrapper

B-Druid-Ele

C-DH

D- Mesmer

E-Warrior

F- Thief

I’ve played the build. it’s deeply mediocre.

anyone can wreck bad thieves with condi. not hard at all.

Not with mercenary’s amulet. If you were assuming I meant viper’s, then YES warrior will get wrecked. Mercenary has toughness/vit which is a must for any warrior even with its base hp.

in PvP

Posted by: Jabberwock.9014

Jabberwock.9014

Nah, the current necro is the result of an arms race. Anet gave too many classes too many boons and then instead of nerfing that they buffed necro’s boon corrupt (which was already borderline broken). You can basically scepter auto-attack any class with boons to death now (maybe sprinkle in a corrupt boon and a few marks for good measure, but only if you’re feeling fancy). Ele is cancer but necro isn’t a cure; it’s more like trying to stab the cancer with a knife (or a scythe, har har).

Get stoned whenever you want:
Endless Petrification Tonic

in PvP

Posted by: AivenPrimus.9184

AivenPrimus.9184

To tell you the truth, hardly anyone spams Scepter auto…

At best, they get to do one or two Scepter auto-chain, while they have other cooldowns…

in PvP

kdaddy.5431

A- necro- rev- scrapper

B-Druid-Ele

C-DH

D- Mesmer

E-Warrior

F- Thief

regardless, all classes need to be brought to DH level to keep the game sane. I would say theif was there already, with only mes and warrior below. theif is very strong if you’re not bad, and DH is strong vs bads. both feel similarly strong (don’t bring up the fact medi guard counters theif. this has been around for years and does not mean it’s a better class. just that the 1v1 is mechanically squed).

druid and ele are strong, but not problematically so. not like top three. this is mostly due to holding support roles, as opposed to God mode bruiser.

I try to look at it from a all perspectives so player from emerald to legendary.

Bad thieves are worse then bad warriors. Also there are some great thieves out there but against a equally skilled warrior it might come to build set up. They also give the no team help with current builds. Warrior has stances though so he can actually survive longer in team fights and fight on the point. This forces timing to be much more crucial for thieves with the lack of good range weapons currently int he game. What ends up happening to me is when a thief pops in on a fight people will immediately switch to them as the target. No once has mentioned this but all the classes got faster. Rangers with smokescale pet, staff 3, revs transportation skill with a staff 5 etc etc. Thieves no struggle to run away.

Obviously my opinion

in PvP

kdaddy.5431

Even when I myself play Reve, I never believed that they are ’’That’’ good as other people seem to say…

I would advise you to watch the ESL players or the Pro league.

Just some quick things,

Glint form is the already better version of warrior. Its heal skill is the signet and the stance put into one. Can apply massive amounts of boons to team mates and best yet it can switch to another champion.

Rev might not be the best at 1 vs 1 or the best in team fights like a scrapper or necro on a point or a ele in team fights but they can do everything exceptionally well. We are talking boon shares, team support, mobility and the ability to burst down targets that might be trying to get away.

Bad players are bad, average players are average, and great players help define meta because they are the best mechanically and also come up with the best builds. If you make it to legendary status and run into some elite level revs maybe it will change your mind. Or simply put you disagree with me and say i am incorrect, if you want a fully explained detail of rev i can give you one but to me if you can see a good one up close. You might be wowed by its strength.

in PvP

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

People watched Pro League S1 Finals where extremaly coordinated top teams with good players were using Revenants and assumed it will work for them solo queueing, too.

And then you have Revenants who can’t do anything besides Sword 3.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in PvP

Posted by: Rome.3192

Rome.3192

A- necro- rev- scrapper

B-Druid-Ele

C-DH

D- Mesmer

E-Warrior

F- Thief

What kind of list is that?

A – Scrapper, Herald
B – Reaper, Tempest, Chronomancer, Druid
C – Daredevil
D – Dragonhunter
F – Berserker

New ESL meta will be: Scrapper, Reaper, Tempest, Herald, Chronomancer.

Thief

(edited by Rome.3192)

in PvP

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

If some class is stacked at pro league/esl then it needs to be nerfed asap into ground as it definitely must be op. Meanwhile if i go ranked theres not many revs at all compared to the amount of reapers (at least 4 per game), scrappers, eles. I wonder whats more broken at this point.. obviously rev.

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

in PvP

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

Yeah, you heard me. Even though I find it super hard to admit. WIhtout them, druids, DH and eles would be running rampant and we would have a bunker meta again.

Druids are the only thing keeping them under control. This probably goes for scrappers too. Although scrappers can outkite them and win the duels in the long run.

yeah but what about 3 necro 2 cleric heal/boon spam ele teams?

in PvP

Posted by: Amineo.8951

Amineo.8951

Scrappers and Reapers are OP, Rev isn’t because it has no condi removal and little stability…

in PvP

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

yeah but what about 3 necro 2 cleric heal/boon spam ele teams?

Necros can’t receive healing in shroud so it’d be a very inefficient composition.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

in PvP

Posted by: JETWING.2759

JETWING.2759

A – Necro (op condi spam and boon corrupt)
B – DH (lol trap spam and that lb…)
C – Crono/Rev/Temp (too many all in one skills)
D – Scraper/Druid (its OK!)
E – War/Thief (hum… For now, OK!)

in PvP

Posted by: Tarhana.3561

Tarhana.3561

am I missing something here? All druids complain about their specs and as a new druid, I find it hard to stay alive never mind benefiting the team in spvp, havent found a good build yet, please enlighten me with this magical spec you got there bud

in PvP

Posted by: Darknicrofia.2604

Darknicrofia.2604

….kitten?

another amber that yolo gg’d into too many DH trap camped nodes?

Darknicrofia Sage – Bad Gerdian, Merciless Legend, Platinum NA Solo Que

in PvP

Posted by: Regon Phoenix.8215

Regon Phoenix.8215

Yea, call me when reapers will be at least as strong as: druids, scrappers, thieves or heralds.
Until then, DH it is.

When you fall, i will be right behind you and whisper: “Who will protect you now?”

in PvP

Posted by: Erzian.5218

Erzian.5218

rev (too many dodges, evades, blocks and mobility, damage on s2 is too high, damage on staff 5 is too high given that the skill also knock backs and evades)
>
scrapper (weapon damage skill is too high for the amount of utility they offer)
reaper (rise, deathly chill, plague signet, and passive chill application from runes)
>
druid , ele, thief, mesmer
>
warrior
>
dh

I’d like to see what happens if you had to chose between elite specialization and the old class specific traitline (as in the one that modified the class mechanic: soul reaping, trickery, virtues etc)

(edited by Erzian.5218)

in PvP

Posted by: Booms.3952

Booms.3952

A- necro- rev- scrapper

B-Druid-Ele

C-DH

D- Mesmer

E-Warrior

F- Thief

A – Scrapper, Herald
C – Daredevil
D – Dragonhunter
F – Berserker

Or druid over scrapper. But yup. This exact comp for 80% of ESL teams

#1 gerdian na
0 counterplay

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

A- necro- rev- scrapper

B-Druid-Ele

C-DH

D- Mesmer

E-Warrior

F- Thief

A – Scrapper, Herald
C – Daredevil
D – Dragonhunter
F – Berserker

This is the most accurate higher-tier list, Tempest teetering between A and B simply because it helps carries any potential weaknesses Revenants have, and is key to a successful team, even if they are not all that deadly alone.

This… is disturbing. Stop strafing on traps.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in PvP

kdaddy.5431

i dont say this often but if thats your list you need to L2P

in PvP

kdaddy.5431

A- necro- rev- scrapper

B-Druid-Ele

C-DH

D- Mesmer

E-Warrior

F- Thief

A – Scrapper, Herald
C – Daredevil
D – Dragonhunter
F – Berserker

You cant have reaper in B since its still the best 1 vs 1 class in the game. In the Pro league finals you saw the necros winning the 1 vs 1 vs the revs and scrappers.

Also D/D will struggle to me in the team setting. In a 2 vs 2 with a ele dd vs a ele DH the ele DH should win. If you say the thiefs job is to +1 the question becomes how good the other teams rev is because a D/D cant escape a rev. Which is why i believe you sill see more guardians then thieves in the future.

Also mesmer can not be that high. You saw Team PZ try to put it into 1 vs 1 but it simply cant win fights at the speed it needs too in team fights. If it cant win fights quickly enough it doesnt have the sustain in 2 vs 2 to win those. To me it means that this class is back to support which teams would have to choose which one to have.

I personally hope anet doesnt go with the 1 class max because it just shows there ability to balance the game. If teams want to run 2-2-1 classes they should be able too. Teams running full 5 d/d eles showed how broke the class with that weapon set was. Them saying you can only play 1 each is them basically throwing the white flag.

If thats the future of this game then PvP will be some side portion of the game like it was in GW1.

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

Scrappers, Revs and Druids is what’s keeping DH at bay. Not Necros. Necros are easy in comparison.

Not sure why so many DH are finding necros difficult. Than again, most go full traps so that’s prob why.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

Posted by: JETWING.2759

JETWING.2759

OK! I’ll l2p and go full condi necro…

in PvP

Posted by: Trepidation Lost.3469

Trepidation Lost.3469

i main rev and necros are fine where they are, buff warrior’s traits, give thief higher base hp pool give DH base 25% move speed

in PvP

kdaddy.5431

OK! I’ll l2p and go full condi necro…

thats fine,

i was actually referring to your DH being the 2nd stronget class in the game. Then saying druid and scrapper were not as good or not better then mesmer which is a utility class at this point.

Also a ele is a support class atm and cant survive 1 vs 1 with alot of these classes 1 vs 1. So you have druid/scrapper (scrapper being a must on most teams) below mesmers who are a option choice and ele which is just support.