Need Bank in Heart of Mist

in PvP

Posted by: Sebastian.4610

Sebastian.4610

title says it, why the hell isn’t there a bank.

in PvP

Posted by: gesho.9468

gesho.9468

and who’s going to pay for gem store bank express after that?

in PvP

Posted by: kirito.4138

kirito.4138

cuz they want you to step outside and play PVE

http://www.twitch.tv/kirito4138
The only exclusive skyhammer stream

in PvP

Posted by: Sebastian.4610

Sebastian.4610

cuz they want you to step outside and play PVE

Well they better find a way to make it so i don’t fall asleep when im doing PvE

in PvP

Posted by: Carpboy.7145

Carpboy.7145

They need a TP as well

The Use of the Word ‘Cheese’
Lyss The Shadow
Legendary Champion of DB [EDGE]

in PvP

Posted by: ChaosWithin.6214

ChaosWithin.6214

Completely agree, now that we have the same armour for both game types it makes no sense there inst a bank in HOTM now.

Now let them tremble

in PvP

Posted by: Vanthian.9267

Vanthian.9267

title says it, why the **** isn’t there a bank.

If there were a bank and trading post in the mists then no one would ever have to use a way point again. They would simply go to the mists do their business then exit exactly where they were to begin with. Or if they wished to go to a major city they could simply go through the portal to LA then to any major city.

Anet would not longer be able to suck funds from the “special snowflake” people who buy items off the gem store like: Pavilion passes, Airship passes, Personal Banker (limited), Personal Trading Post (limited), Personal Storage (limited), etc..

In Anet’s eyes, they would lose: Potential funds from gems and a “gold sink” in game. I am not saying they won’t put it in because they do stuff that makes no sense all the time and you can not being to predict what they will do next, but I would guess they will not add it.

in PvP

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

title says it, why the **** isn’t there a bank.

If there were a bank and trading post in the mists then no one would ever have to use a way point again. They would simply go to the mists do their business then exit exactly where they were to begin with. Or if they wished to go to a major city they could simply go through the portal to LA then to any major city.

Anet would not longer be able to suck funds from the “special snowflake” people who buy items off the gem store like: Pavilion passes, Airship passes, Personal Banker (limited), Personal Trading Post (limited), Personal Storage (limited), etc..

In Anet’s eyes, they would lose: Potential funds from gems and a “gold sink” in game. I am not saying they won’t put it in because they do stuff that makes no sense all the time and you can not being to predict what they will do next, but I would guess they will not add it.

Your comments fall apart the moment you realize that in most cases except possibly a few servers, you can easily go to WvW to do all those things. I know right, I mean how would I expect you to know about WvW.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

in PvP

Vanthian.9267

I know right, I mean how would I expect you to know about WvW.

Only a select few have the options of personal banks in WvW. Smaller servers have a hard time holding their keeps long enough to upgrade them. So the bigger number 1 servers might have the banks, but not the smaller servers. Also, WvW just recently added the ability to teleport back to where you were when you joined, so… apparently you have not been playing long.

Your attempt at mocking and belittling is pathetic. Why are you even in the PvP forum if you are a uber mack pro WvW player? Be careful leaving your zerg.

in PvP

Posted by: Pnoi.8903

Pnoi.8903

Just Make HoTm accessible via large towns, then no one has to worry about TP and banks in HoTm. This would prevent using hotm as a free pass to LA too.

IGN : Pnoi

in PvP

Posted by: kishter.9578

kishter.9578

+1 this, is a pain now whit the megaserver to just go LA to use the bank to pass some item to my alts and then return to the mist. Is a excelente idea.

We just don’t want players to grind in Guild Wars 2. No one enjoys that.

in PvP

Posted by: tichorum.2415

tichorum.2415

I wonder…

Attachments:

Former PvP commentator for ESL & Arenanet.

I used to run the Academy Gaming tournaments for GW2.

in PvP

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Only a select few have the options of personal banks in WvW. Smaller servers have a hard time holding their keeps long enough to upgrade them. So the bigger number 1 servers might have the banks, but not the smaller servers.

Just go to your Borderlands Citadel. The crafting stations there serve as an impromptu bank. There’s also a BL trader and guild registrar that you can talk to to access your guild bank.

in PvP

Vanthian.9267

Just go to your Borderlands Citadel. The crafting stations there serve as an impromptu bank.

That also was added in a update and not in the original game.

Edit: Don’t think I am against having the bank, just giving the reasons they will most likely use.

in PvP

Posted by: Panda.1793

Panda.1793

This has been requested since Beta. Im pretty sure some Devs cleared this subject up a LONG time ago saying they wont put one in for the reason Vathian said. They dont want people just all dumping themselves into mists avoiding WP costs.

Not arguing, we have needed this since launch. I just cant see it happening.

in PvP

Posted by: Spurnshadow.3678

Spurnshadow.3678

Does this even need a post? It was obvious to me after being in the mists after 5 minutes.

I know right, I mean how would I expect you to know about WvW.

Only a select few have the options of personal banks in WvW. Smaller servers have a hard time holding their keeps long enough to upgrade them. So the bigger number 1 servers might have the banks, but not the smaller servers. Also, WvW just recently added the ability to teleport back to where you were when you joined, so… apparently you have not been playing long.

Your attempt at mocking and belittling is pathetic. Why are you even in the PvP forum if you are a uber mack pro WvW player? Be careful leaving your zerg.

Personal bank on any BL: Go to the guild registrar, access guild bank, in the upper left hand corner, there’s a drop down menu, access account vault. Open your iinventory in a second window. Ta-da!

Someone also mentioned your home boarderland. Crafting stations.

So, why not the same with the mists? Big fail. But again, does this really need a post? It’s like rubbing a dogs nose in poo.

Blackgate Native. It takes tremendous strength and skill to pull a lever.

in PvP

Posted by: Dondarrion.2748

Dondarrion.2748

Everyone would be in Heart of the Mists, everyone…

So, no thanks

Lord Sazed / Hasla the Huntress / Seaguard Hala
Seamarshal Belit / Initiate Xun Tsu / Mistwarden Roshone
Seafarer’s Rest | Northerner @ Dragon Season

in PvP

Spurnshadow.3678

Everyone would be in Heart of the Mists, everyone…

So, no thanks

It’s an overflow map. Everyone is already there. There are multiple instances of the Mists.

in PvP

Posted by: Darnis.4056

Darnis.4056

Simple fix, if you want to use the pvp Forge;
You have to play a match of solo que .
If you want to use the Pvp Bank;
You have to play a match of Team que.
#NoTradingPostForPvPers

Access lasts for one hour. (Does not stack).

Will the Real Pink Puma Please stand up?

in PvP

Posted by: data.4093

data.4093

Two munch dummb in ear.

Do people not know about WvW?………………………………………………………………………uh…………………………..

in PvP

Posted by: Exile.8160

Exile.8160

I have a simple Idea for that why dont we get a Bank NPC in hearth of the Mist that can ONLY be use IF a player reaches Rank 80 (can be 60 or 70 too) that way Pvers can’t abuse of the free pass to hearth of the mist to use bank. It can even be use with the merchant and a mystic forge so we pvpers get what we need and pvers have to rank up in order too use them

in PvP

Spurnshadow.3678

Wow, you PvPers.

So, I have 3 sets of gear on one of my characters. Lots of different weapons sets. I wan’t to pvp. Go to the mists to que up and check my builld. But wait. I want to use a dagger. Crap. It isn’t in my inventory. It’s in my bank becuase I don’t want half of my bags filled with gear for different builds. Now I need to go to Lions Arch to get the dagger out of my bank.

This sort of scenario happens sometimes. Heck, sometimes we just que up from outside the mists and realize too late once we’re in the match. We have to quickly leave. But wait, have to go to the mists first. No bank there. Have to either go to LA or buy a white item from the vendor and it isn’t the look that I want. At this point, I’ve probably run out of time and the match has started.

You people argueing against having a bank, or anything in the Mists have never run into this since April 15th? I have quite a few times. And to recap:

People aready use the mists for purposes other than PvPing, mostly, a free trip to LA.

It’s an overflow map. How are you inconvenienced?

Why woulnd’t you want the extra services? As it stands now, if you got booted to the mists because you didn’t exit your match fast enough, then I have to go to LA for services. Why not just put them in the mists?

The above are rhetorical questions.

in PvP

Zaxares.5419

Actually, that’s a pretty good point, Spurnshadow. Since our PvP weapons are now linked to our PvE weapons, having access to our bank to get out weapons we keep in storage just for PvP would be a nice QoL upgrade.

in PvP

Darnis.4056

You don’t keep all the weapons you need in your inventory ? :/
kitten?.. I keep 6 backpack skins in my inventory.

Time to invest in a new backpack slot if you’re running out of space…

I honestly would not be opposed to a Mystic forge in the PVP area since we’re given tons of kittenty exotics now to mystic forge, and the MF has gone away for no reason what so ever.

in PvP

Posted by: ArrDee.2573

ArrDee.2573

’Ello frands! Vee Wee over here #1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!

Services in the Heart of the Mists sounds like a great idea! But porting there should be restricted if they implement those NPCs! Maybe something like you can only port to the Heart of the Mists every 15 minutes! Or maybe you get a free port to the Heart of the Mists every hour and you have to pay a fee for any subsequent trips until the next hour!

Wahooo! Bye frands!

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis <-It’s back!

in PvP

Zaxares.5419

@Darnis: I do keep most of my weapons/armor on my characters, but I was thinking more about Ascended weapons that may see more use being swapped around different characters.

in PvP

Posted by: Ant.3415

Ant.3415

Please add a bank only, and not a TP to HoTM. This way we get back the ability to look at the armors (like we had with the old PVP vault) but you can keep your cities populated.

in PvP

Posted by: Spin Echo.8263

Spin Echo.8263

Ok, here’s a crazy idea that might even work:

1. Put a bank and TP in HoTM.
2. Get rid of the ability to instantly travel to PvP
3. Instead, you can use a teleportation stone (like for Hall of Monuments) to reach HoTM, but …
3a. The stone is consumable
3b. You get only one to start with
3c. You get another one every time you finish a match
4. If you run out of stones, there’s an Asuran gate in LA that takes you back to HoTM

Not only would this provide TP/bank servies, it would also discourage PVE players from using HoTM as a shortcut to Lion’s Arch AND discourage PvP players from quitting matches. It’s win-win-win!

in PvP

Darnis.4056

PVE’rs have been using HoTM as a way to dodge a 3 silver waypoint cost since the dawn of time , so we have to be punished for it?

Put a 5 silver cost on going to HOTM, Problem solved.