Need help - how to deal with sustain ele

in PvP

Posted by: bjanu.3017

bjanu.3017

Okey so i play pvp and whenever i see ele in enemy team i wanna go cry in a corner. Why so? Well that’s because they are hell incarnated in my opinion – they can stand 2 v 1 on the spot for hours with no way of forcing them off it and they are even more potent in team fights where their heals and buffs effect groups of people, making team fights auto lose unless enemy team is seeing their skills for the first time.

So i am here looking for advice how to fight them, they are too tanky to be focused down in team fight, and they are too impactfull to be left alone, they cleanse conditions that slows healing so that’s also not an options in countering them. they have superior mobility and tankynes to be picked off alone by one person and even with two its a waste of time considering the rest of the team has to fight a 3v4 which typically is auto lose, yet you cant ignore them or you will lose the point.
Which leaves them with no notable vulnerability.

I play power scrapper so i am here looking for help from experienced players – for offers of what can i do to have a chance vs this high speed brick of regeneration. What is their weakness and if none why the hell not.

in PvP

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

Okey so i play pvp and whenever i see ele in enemy team i wanna go cry in a corner. Why so? Well that’s because they are hell incarnated in my opinion – they can stand 2 v 1 on the spot for hours with no way of forcing them off it and they are even more potent in team fights where their heals and buffs effect groups of people, making team fights auto lose unless enemy team is seeing their skills for the first time.

So i am here looking for advice how to fight them, they are too tanky to be focused down in team fight, and they are too impactfull to be left alone, they cleanse conditions that slows healing so that’s also not an options in countering them. they have superior mobility and tankynes to be picked off alone by one person and even with two its a waste of time considering the rest of the team has to fight a 3v4 which typically is auto lose, yet you cant ignore them or you will lose the point.

I play power scrapper so i am here looking for help from experienced players – for offers of what can i do to have a chance vs this high speed brick of regeneration. What is their weakness and if none why the hell not.

You don’t see an ele….you see an ele who is using a an amulet made to bunker points and do no dmg, with healing power as main stat

On the other side there is a profession with a power amulet that has 0 healing power that has close to the sustain of the ele which invested everything he has into stay alive

Now I want to take the same power amulet on ele and then I want to you tell me how do I deal with the scrapper that will outsustain me all day

Also 2vs1 an ele and can’t win?…just go on ele and I come on the other profession, 200g you don’t last few secs after using obsidian flesh

.P.S Superior mobility?..lol kk

(edited by Supreme.3164)

in PvP

bjanu.3017

You don’t see an ele….you see an ele who is using a an amulet made to bunker points and do no dmg, with healing power as main stat

On the other side there is a profession with a power amulet that has 0 healing power that has close to the sustain of the ele which invested everything he has into stay alive

Now I want to take the same power amulet on ele and then I want to you tell me how do I deal with the scrapper that will outsustain me all day

Also 2vs1 an ele and can’t win?…just go on ele and I come on the other profession, 200g you don’t last few secs after using obsidian flesh

Yes i well avare that the elementalist has invested all into healing and that is the problem imo he is unbeatable that way wich makes one build so much more potent then the rest. Furthermore i dont see how you can win vs them as a power scrapper that’s why i am asking for help. I am trying to find a way because so far i got nothing.
Imo a healer and a buffer should be squishy so it could be quickly focused down in fights however be potent enough to win the game if not focused. Which should mean that the healing outgoing to the team should be bigger then the healing he does to himself. And that would be high risk high reward game play – staying alive with a squishy champ in a team fight healing others. Right now they are facerolling – a suitable play style fro bruisers not for supports.

I am not talking about damage dealing elementalist as i simply don’t know how competitive they are and i am not concerned about them in this post. However from my experience playing with my fried who is an elementalist i didn’t like him as dpser.
Considering other professions that has this much sustain they typically have that sustain for themselves only not for the whole team which makes them high sustain selfish classes that can be ignored and dealt with last in team fight in contrary ele cant be ignored. I didn’t see anyone besides elementalist withstand that long vs 2 or 3 people so far unless they retreat and heal – ele just run in circles around point giving no kitten whatsoever.

Consdering mobility – yes they have nerfed mobility in scrapper a lot – they nerfed the regen which means its now way less useful stacking super speed and they have nerfed slick shoos and there goes my mobility with these nerfs. I have tried using the previous build that had those after the update after losing more then 10 games in a raw i discarded for other utilities and that increased my win ratio but not as much as it was prepatch which means the nerf effected scrapper quite strongly.

(edited by bjanu.3017)

in PvP

Posted by: Fat Disgrace.4275

Fat Disgrace.4275

Probably a thief is the best thing to really solo 1 but then again, why would a thief waist it’s time doing so.

Also power scrapper isn’t burst like gun lame warrior or d/p thief, it’s more of sustained dps which is were you fail to kill the ele, may be in wvw where stats are crazy then yeah but not here unless skill difference is a mile apart.

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

gw1 – healing signet/frenzy/charge

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

I also LoL ed on the super mobility part :-).

There are things the ele can´t stand long.
In a teamfight if you focus the ele and one of the attackers is necro with corrupts the ele dies pretty fast.
Also a mesmer is a serious threat. The ele has to be extreamly careful to avoide killing himself on confusion and he has to watch for MOA.

Trying to kill the ele with projectiles? Forget it… you will loose the fight for your team.

1:1 with scrapper? Its a draw…… No one will die. Mostly …

In addition a +1 from a thief can make a quick kill on ele. It depends on the timing.
Also warriors are able to toss the poor ele around if they are good because classic bunker ele has low stability and their stunbreaking is often but not on demand if control is timed or chained.
And here we come back to scrapper. CC is your only chance to harm him.

(edited by Wolfric.9380)

in PvP

Posted by: Jekkt.6045

Jekkt.6045

if you 1v1 an ele on a neutral node you already won the fight. you’re rendering the enemy’s support useless by forcing it into a 1v1.

if you try to kill it on a capped node then you’re the one to blame.

in teamfights ele can be focused easily. bait the invul, kill it afterwards.

scrapper is not supposed to kill an ele, your burst and pressure is usually too low.

necro can kill it, mesmer can kill it, revenant can.

d/f ele also doesn’t have much mobility. if he’s sitting on a capped node, ignore it. force a teamfight somewhere else. when the ele comes, outrotate him and decap the node.

Ex player of PeanutButterJellyTime, Heavenly Annoying and Visceral Gaming.

in PvP

Posted by: shion.2084

shion.2084

I’ve also fought for minutes straight as a scrapper against ele. I can actually decap them sometimes if I hit my CC’s right and win the point chunk by chunk. Not efficeint but utlimately satisfying

There is a version of ele that focuses on CC that I don’t quite understand how it works, and thus can be really annoying. I typically see that one hosing me in a team fight. I note that the CC one tends to also switch between lighting mode a lot.

Incidentally what is best to do to someone who’s assumed the tornado mode? Condi like my poison gas from EG? drop flame wall?aoe mortar?

What is the tip off that they’ve used invuln?

in PvP

bjanu.3017

Well this seems very problematic – from the suggestion the scrapper can only win if he is first on point vs ele 1v1 and right now they have more mobility then the scrappers so that kinda makes me lose always. What makes it even sadder that if someone comes to help we cant kill ele 1v2 (took about 1 min with a scrapper and Mesmer today – he was just running in circles on the point while we tried to dmg him) and they will kill me 1 v 2 whoever comes unless its another ele healer. Besides that all the suggestions are that you need to play different role which i don’t like since i am a type of player that takes a lot of time to master a class.

in PvP

shion.2084

If you can decap you don’t necessarily need to kill. That’s been my only answer against a good ele player. perhaps try a FT EG and blast gyro build. I wouldn’t suggest rifle

in PvP

bjanu.3017

I also LoL ed on the super mobility part :-).

There are things the ele can´t stand long.
In a teamfight if you focus the ele and one of the attackers is necro with corrupts the ele dies pretty fast.
Also a mesmer is a serious threat. The ele has to be extreamly careful to avoide killing himself on confusion and he has to watch for MOA.

Trying to kill the ele with projectiles? Forget it… you will loose the fight for your team.

1:1 with scrapper? Its a draw…… No one will die. Mostly …

In addition a +1 from a thief can make a quick kill on ele. It depends on the timing.
Also warriors are able to toss the poor ele around if they are good because classic bunker ele has low stability and their stunbreaking is often but not on demand if control is timed or chained.
And here we come back to scrapper. CC is your only chance to harm him.

nerf to slick shoes leaves me with only thunder clap and combo finishers to cc eles, and since they usually have more movement speed in fight that doesn’t last long.

in PvP

Posted by: PowerBottom.5796

PowerBottom.5796

They don’t stand 2v1’s against even semi-decent dmg-dealers, so just don’t 1v1 them on point’s they control.

in PvP

Posted by: Jourdelune.7456

Jourdelune.7456

How to beat an ele in 1v1 with a scrapper?

1. Rotate out.
2. Call a friend.
3. Decap him.

If you have time to do 1v1 for 2 minutes… well, time your CC for his heals and overloard. Condi burst him when he goes off water.

Always maintain poison on him.

Nobody who know how to play the game will go on a 1v1 on an enemy point hold by a bunker without being able to decap it.

Dal Aï Lhama (Tempest), Dal Lahu Akbar (DH), Lord Dhal of Dharma (Scrapper) 12k+ spvp games.
Former Team Captain of ggwp (ESL weekly), GLHF (AG), MIST[CORE] spvp alliance guild.
https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/

in PvP

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

You won’t beat one as a scrapper 1v1.

The best counters to an ele is cc, boon ripping, and straight dps.

Thieves are very good at killing an ele in a +1 situation

Mesmer moa is good to counter their sustain.

The biggest thing is interrupting the water overload.

As for the ele going into air alot, you most likely faced a dps fresh air ele. Strong in team fights, weak when hard pressured

If an ele is by himself on a point its probably best to let him bunker it. Just means he is not supporting his allies which is the strength of the build

Bad Elementalist

in PvP

Posted by: Archon.6480

Archon.6480

Ugh, I hate fighting these. I think S1 bunker Mesmer was more interesting. On Ranger you will be locked in unending duel. They die really fast when I am hammering them and a thief pops in. I think high damage melee and focused attacks are their weakness. At least their damage output is low.

Jade Quarry – Esparie
Illustrious Exhausted Primordial Legendary Druid, and Mesmer for fun
PvE | PvP (1500)| WvW | Fractals | Dungeons

in PvP

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

pressure hard to force invuln
stun right after attune swap
dps
repeat

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in PvP

Posted by: NICENIKESHOE.7128

NICENIKESHOE.7128

I spent quite a long time on ele and I suggest you keep up poison. Usually ele who wasted CD on trying to heal back up from focus fire will be severely hampered by poison. Chill helps but its not really a must. Standard D/P Thief have reasonable amount of poison and accessible interrupts so they are quite ideal in winning against cleric ele in 2v1.

Also asking to beat cleric ele in 1v1 under limited time is highly unrealistic. They spec their entire build to survive (unlike the meta scrapper nowadays) and if you can easily counter them in 1v1 then there is really no point of bringing an ele.

(edited by NICENIKESHOE.7128)

in PvP

shion.2084

Try this build… it’s been doing sort of all right against bunker eles due to two sources of poison, slightly higher than average damage and CC. Not much vitality but oodles of toughness. Make sure you might up to get you to 3k power.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQFASlcThatY1VwdLQ7FLTGl4zcABA9fn37d42lMhFA-TJRBQBP4CAYw9HAXZAA8AAAA

in PvP

Posted by: Ravenmoon.5318

Ravenmoon.5318

Cry for nerfs, like everyone on this forums seems to be doing lately. What do you know, you might have it your way.

in PvP

Posted by: Sunshine.5014

Sunshine.5014

Have you tried fighting Cleric Scrapper? Good luck killing it 1v1. Would you cry for nerf on that too?

Gray out the HP for future condition damage
Already quit PvP. Just log in here and there to troll.

in PvP

Posted by: Grimreaper.5370

Grimreaper.5370

Blame Clerics amulet, its aids. Unfortunately Tempest really has no other legit viable options other than a full bunker or near full bunker option. So yeah, don’t fight a full bunker tempest on a point 1v1, waste of your time.

You know whats funny man? I think most people would agree they’d be much happier playing a viable glass cannon build on their ele, it just doesn’t work right now, not in conquest anyway, s/f does decent in 1v1s but I wouldn’t call it a viable build if you were trying to play competitively.

Just remove clerics amulet from the game already anet, nerf eles sustain some, now its time to compensate!

Ele NEEDS to be able to mitigate damage through the use of active skills, and to be fair I believe this should be a common practice among all classes trying to play a glass build, power shatter chrono is the perfect example. Takes skill to play well, has quite a few tools built into their class and then some on weapon sets to actively avoid dmg being dealt but if they don’t use this mitigation wisely they’ll find them selves vulnerable.

Unfortunately a LOT of work would have to go into ele to make this glass cannon ele dream happen, dagger weapons and staff would need some skills reworked so they had a few options to mitigate dmg, arcane shield could possibly have its CD lowered to 40seconds, main hand dagger, scepter and staff need better sustained direct dmg.

It wouldn’t hurt if anet could rework how overloads worked so they didn’t didn’t take away that true elementalist feel, I’ve said this millions of times but I’ll say it again… I hate being locked out of attunements for longer than I have to be. Sure would make tempest a viable option for a glass build if there was maybe a trait to make overloads all instant defensive abilities with no penalty on attunement cd.

(edited by Grimreaper.5370)

in PvP

Posted by: Celine.6857

Celine.6857

If that were true, the ele doesn’t know how to play ele. I can quite honestly be kited around a point for hours if I wanted by 2 or 3, and occasionally I’ve even survived against 4 (albeit needing to run a bit to have all my healing capabilities come off cd, but it CAN and HAS happened to me and I’ve seen it happen too).

A good elementalist knows when to use what attunements to stay alive, and yes they do have good mobility.

Of course it depends what classes the ele is against but usually the ele will sustain against most long enough for help to arrive to finish off the opponent.

Eles and scrappers (scrappers less so since last patch mind you, I think) are a nuisance and I don’t agree with it even though I play them both.

Samantha
Guild: Creators of Destiny Awakening [CDA] Disabled GW2 gamer; love all aspects of GW2!
Champion: Magus, Illusionist, Phantom and Shadow

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Cry for nerfs, like everyone on this forums seems to be doing lately. What do you know, you might have it your way.

Yeah, because ele is perfectly balanced right? lol