Need pvp help

Need pvp help

in PvP

Posted by: SourCricket.7924

SourCricket.7924

Good afternoon. I’m a new player, that’s also started getting into pvp. I’ve competed in pvp in other online games before, and have usually done pretty well. But I’m having a really hard time in this game. I’ve read a bunch of tips. Watched a bunch of videos. Tried three different classes to see if I was better suited to one of them, but nothing is helping.

The problem I’m having is I can’t do enough damage to anyone (aside from an Elementalist on occasion) while I go down in three hits. I’m clearly doing something wrong, but I don’t know what.

This is probably to vague, but any suggestions would be appreciated.

Need pvp help

in PvP

Posted by: Crimson Shi.5047

Crimson Shi.5047

Well you’re new….so don’t expect to do amazing here. Previous pvp experience can help to learn the game faster but depending on the game it doesn’t mean much here. What’s your class? Can try to go to into those class forums, and ask for help there. Also alot of people here are more then happy to help someone new, usually followed by a guild invite :p

Need pvp help

in PvP

Posted by: AegisFLCL.7623

AegisFLCL.7623

What class are you playing?

Need pvp help

in PvP

SourCricket.7924

The classes I’ve tired so far are Necromancer, Engineer, and Warrior. I considered going into the class forums first, but since the vast majority of players in nearly any online game hate pvp (Hell, even players who like pvp – hate pvp) I went here first.

(edited by SourCricket.7924)

Need pvp help

in PvP

Posted by: AegisFLCL.7623

AegisFLCL.7623

You have to be incredibly skilled and know a good deal about all classes/pvp to exceed as a warrior right now; warrior can only really be helpful when you’re in a fully coordinated team, however most classes will still outperform warrior.

As for necro and scrapper, both excel in the current meta.

Necro is fantastic at mid for team fights with heavy aoe pressure, and can tank a considerable amount of punishment when you have a support druid/tempest with you.

Scrapper is a great all around point defender and assaulter for 1v1, 1v2, and occasionally 1v3 depending on everyone’s skill.

For both necro and scrapper you can start with builds at the following link:

http://metabattle.com/wiki/Conquest

While you will need to swap traits/runes/sigils for every fight depending on comps this is a great place to start if you haven’t already.

I’d also recommend learning at least 2 classes to the same level of proficiency, and stress picking 3 to be best. Go with support (tesmpest/druid), bruiser (scrapper/druid), and high mobility assaulter (rev/mesmer).

Learn the important tells to dodge/interrupt if you haven’t already. Make sure you communicate with your team at the beginning of the match. Learn to select targets or follow focus targets. Peel for teammates. Do your best to rotate out of bad match-ups (experience and play time will help best with this).

Feel free to ask for more specifics, but I definitely don’t have all the answers.

Need pvp help

in PvP

SourCricket.7924

Are the elite specializations the only viable builds?

Need pvp help

in PvP

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

Are the elite specializations the only viable builds?

Kind of. There is a limited set of base class builds which are viable but they are almost always improved by elite specs.

Nalhadia – Kaineng