Nekro fear

Nekro fear

in PvP

Posted by: dzindzinier.6138

dzindzinier.6138

is it possible that u will give for everybody immunity to Fear for like 2 secs after u get Feared ?

Nekro fear

in PvP

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

If they do this Dzin, they’d have to do the same for every other CC in the game. It won’t be fair to just single out fear as the only CC to be affected.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

Nekro fear

in PvP

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

you cant chain other CC´s like fear

Nekro fear

in PvP

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

If they do this Dzin, they’d have to do the same for every other CC in the game. It won’t be fair to just single out fear as the only CC to be affected.

As far as i am aware no other CC can be chained and have its duration increased like Fear can. The other ones you have to time well to get it right. With fear you can burst them all from the start and the duration is increased EVERY time.

You are also forgetting the fact that some/most/all Necro go with Terror as well which damages while they are feared and they can do damage while the player is feared.

I think this would be a great way to fix it. Make it so that the Player is immune for say 2seconds after being feared and make it so that fear can NOT be stacked this would stop people chaining fears into people.

Nekro fear

in PvP

Posted by: Uberkafros.5431

Uberkafros.5431

Cry and thou shall bestow nerf.
It worked up till now.

Nekro fear

in PvP

Dirame.8521

you cant chain other CC´s like fear

……You’re kidding right?

You can’t chain it LIKE fear but you can still chain it. Why do you think they call Warrior Stunlock builds “stunlock”?

As far as i am aware no other CC can be chained and have its duration increased like Fear can. The other ones you have to time well to get it right. With fear you can burst them all from the start and the duration is increased EVERY time.

You are also forgetting the fact that some/most/all Necro go with Terror as well which damages while they are feared and they can do damage while the player is feared.

I think this would be a great way to fix it. Make it so that the Player is immune for say 2seconds after being feared and make it so that fear can NOT be stacked this would stop people chaining fears into people.

Just make it not stack in duration. If the problem is that duration keeps increasing as you get feared then just make it so that the previous fear gets cancelled out by the new fear.

I mean really, if you’re going to attack fear, all CC’s that can be chained (doesn’t matter how) should fall under the same bracket.

(edited by Dirame.8521)

Nekro fear

in PvP

Posted by: Uberkafros.5431

Uberkafros.5431

Every CC can be chained.The difference in fear is that it doesn’t need to be cast in succession like other CCs.
That is also good and bad.Because if you cast all your fears and stack its duration on the spot it can be broken in a single skill.
When casting in succession you need/waste multiple skill to get out and the frustration is even greater.

Nekro fear

in PvP

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

So one good SB/CR stability (field) can nullifiy fear Also when feachained a necro doesn’t cover his fear with other conditions since he trew those on before fear. ~Hint~

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

Nekro fear

in PvP

ArmageddonAsh.6430

I mean really, if you’re going to attack fear, all CC’s that can be chained (doesn’t matter how) should fall under the same bracket.

The difference being that you need to time other CC. Use it to soon and its wasted and to late you can be interrupted Chaining fear is as easy as mashing the buttons as fast as you can, nothing skill worthy of that.

Name another CC that stacks in duration when used?

Nekro fear

in PvP

Posted by: Forsaker.9213

Forsaker.9213

I dont think its a good idea , first thing warrion can stun lock u for 14s i think and its 10 times much stronger than chain fear , other thinkg is that ppl right now want to nerf necro to the ground nerf fear , nerf burning , nerf DS , nerf marks………………………………..

We need to ask ourself what we want necro to be , in my opion it sgould be stationary/support/sustain class .

The only and only problem with necro right now is amout of smg that he can deal in some time thats why i think devs need to nerf dmg bit by bit to find right balance.

Nad be realistic we have enough imiunne/blocks in the game.

Nekro fear

in PvP

Forsaker.9213

The difference being that you need to time other CC. Use it to soon and its wasted and to late you can be interrupted Chaining fear is as easy as mashing the buttons as fast as you can, nothing skill worthy of that.

Yes u are right fear is easy to hit but remember that in the same time fear is easy to counter , if u are running without stunbrakers thats your problem.

Nekro fear

in PvP

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Fear is a condition too right?

Can’t mesmer be traited to stun on daze and chain it too.?

but yeah, no other cc like it. as it should be.
Necro = fear / fear = Necro.

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

Nekro fear

in PvP

Posted by: Iavra.8510

Iavra.8510

Only 50% chance. It should be 100% and preserve the duration of the daze (now it even converts 2s daze → 1s stun). For a grandmaster trait it’s quite mediocre and i don’t think anyone has ever taken it.

Nekro fear

in PvP

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

easy fix:
damage should break fear

Nekro fear

in PvP

Forsaker.9213

easy fix:
damage should break fear

LOL

Nekro fear

in PvP

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Only 50% chance. It should be 100% and preserve the duration of the daze (now it even converts 2s daze -> 1s stun). For a grandmaster trait it’s quite mediocre and i don’t think anyone has ever taken it.

If it’s grandmaster i can live with 100% in daze.
stacking daze might be too much.
maybe adding stun on every “newly” applied daze might be an idea.

E.A.D.

Nekro fear

in PvP

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Only 50% chance. It should be 100% and preserve the duration of the daze (now it even converts 2s daze -> 1s stun). For a grandmaster trait it’s quite mediocre and i don’t think anyone has ever taken it.

Medicore isnt the word, its pretty awful for a grandmaster trait.

Nekro fear

in PvP

Dirame.8521

So therefore, to solve the problem, you just make Fears the same as other CCs. Just make fear NOT stack in duration. No need for immunity.

Picking on fear because Necros are the FOTM is just silly. They could do this before, it’s just that now that more people are doing it, it’s become too much of a problem for you to handle.

Nekro fear

in PvP

ArmageddonAsh.6430

The trait IS the worst trait we have in the WHOLE tree line. I have never seen a build that takes it we also have 2 weapons that can cause Daze inflict Daze and we have a 34.5second cool down (when traited) Shatter

So could it be done until they die? VERY unlikely – if you know otherwise i would be interested in seeing this build

Nekro fear

in PvP

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

The trait IS the worst trait we have in the WHOLE tree line. I have never seen a build that takes it we also have 2 weapons that can cause Daze inflict Daze and we have a 34.5second cool down (when traited) Shatter

So could it be done until they die? VERY unlikely – if you know otherwise i would be interested in seeing this build

Dusting off mesmer.

E.A.D.

Nekro fear

in PvP

ArmageddonAsh.6430

So therefore, to solve the problem, you just make Fears the same as other CCs. Just make fear NOT stack in duration. No need for immunity.

Picking on fear because Necros are the FOTM is just silly. They could do this before, it’s just that now that more people are doing it, it’s become too much of a problem for you to handle.

I personally have no trouble with Necro in WvW. I havent touched SPvP in a while because well its just a mess. The buffs they got made it BETTER. It isnt that they had it before but when you combine Dhumfire, Torment, Terror and chain fear….

Nekro fear

in PvP

Posted by: Panhauramix.2784

Panhauramix.2784

People are really trying to bash a CC just to bash a CC.

If I’m stuck without stability or stunbreak, any CC isn’t fun to receive. Any of those CC have the same counter, Fear as a condition can also be removed by AoE cleanse. I’ve never seen an ally remove my stun, daze or knockdown status though, as they are not condition.

When necro is being lock down by a single Warrior hammer from 100% to 0%, without being able to react because he’s out of stunbreak, should we ask for a 2 sec immunity between each knockdown too?

Also if I’m not mistaken, Fear can stack to max 5 sec, so a good “skillfull” necro won’t spam them mindlessly with his face on the keyboard, he will chain them in a way where he can get the maximum duration from each Fear. Else he’ll be losing quite a bit of damage and control. (with 100% Fear duration, Doom 3 sec within 600 yard, Wall 2 sec, Mark 2 sec, Reaper’s prot 4 sec, Fear on Downed 4 sec, Downed Fear 4 sec)

In WoW, where when you used a trinket to remove CC on you, you were immune to any CC for 5 sec, just to give you control of your character for a while. Peoples will always hate when they have no control over their character, but Fear is not the only culprit here.

80’s: Razdhül Necro/Desire Mesmer/ Ykarys War/ Yphrit Ele/
Panhauramix Guardian/Pistoleros Engineer/ Orbite Thief
Gates of Madness – Leader of Homicide Volontaire [HV]

Nekro fear

in PvP

ArmageddonAsh.6430

If I’m stuck without stability or stunbreak, any CC isn’t fun to receive. Any of those CC have the same counter, Fear as a condition can also be removed by AoE cleanse. I’ve never seen an ally remove my stun, daze or knockdown status though, as they are not condition.

When necro is being lock down by a single Warrior hammer from 100% to 0%, without being able to react because he’s out of stunbreak, should we ask for a 2 sec immunity between each knockdown too?

Also if I’m not mistaken, Fear can stack to max 5 sec, so a good “skillfull” necro won’t spam them mindlessly with his face on the keyboard, he will chain them in a way where he can get the maximum duration from each Fear. Else he’ll be losing quite a bit of damage and control. (with 100% Fear duration, Doom 3 sec within 600 yard, Wall 2 sec, Mark 2 sec, Reaper’s prot 4 sec, Fear on Downed 4 sec, Downed Fear 4 sec)

In WoW, where when you used a trinket to remove CC on you, you were immune to any CC for 5 sec, just to give you control of your character for a while. Peoples will always hate when they have no control over their character, but Fear is not the only culprit here.

Its not the loss of control thats the problem its what comes with that a 3second fear combined with Torment and/or Terror is VERY damaging Not everyone has an endless line of CC breakers to rely on.

Nekro fear

in PvP

Posted by: dzindzinier.6138

dzindzinier.6138

u can chain other ccs ,but they are not that bad as nekro + fears ,and if there are 2 nekros hmmm even few stunbreaks is not enough …..
stability is the solution but nekro can easly remove it , if u get stability against warrior he will not remove it…..
the second thing about nekros : what is with this deathshroud ? i dont do anything to him (almost) with full burst warrior …..maybe i didnt see the weakness on me , but i think i didnt have the weakness , anyway the time of weakness is too long that nekro can put ……

Nekro fear

in PvP

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Its not the loss of control thats the problem its what comes with that a 3second fear combined with Torment and/or Terror is VERY damaging Not everyone has an endless line of CC breakers to rely on.

But doesn’t a stun followed up by any hard dps, and there are plenty, do exactly the same thing if not better?

[btw tried te mesmer stun, it sucks without 100% :P]

E.A.D.

Nekro fear

in PvP

Posted by: Panhauramix.2784

Panhauramix.2784

Yep, peoples are saying that you dont have enough stunbreaks to survive 2 necros fearing you, but it’s the same against any 2 classes that wants to CC you and if they time it well you won’t budge before dying (at least as a necro)

2v1 nobody should win, bring a teammate that can help cleanse/put stability and those 2 CC classes will have slotted their utilities for nothing.

80’s: Razdhül Necro/Desire Mesmer/ Ykarys War/ Yphrit Ele/
Panhauramix Guardian/Pistoleros Engineer/ Orbite Thief
Gates of Madness – Leader of Homicide Volontaire [HV]

Nekro fear

in PvP

Posted by: Vayra.3290

Vayra.3290

Fear should just be removed from the game. It’s the most stupid CC mechanic ever. Here I am, a powerful Elementalist that has slain dragons and some necro or warrior makes me run away in terror? BS.

The Unnamed[ThUn] – Desolation
Vayra – Elementalist
Forkrul Assail – Mesmer

Nekro fear

in PvP

Posted by: Kharr.5746

Kharr.5746

Yep, peoples are saying that you dont have enough stunbreaks to survive 2 necros fearing you, but it’s the same against any 2 classes that wants to CC you and if they time it well you won’t budge before dying (at least as a necro)

2v1 nobody should win, bring a teammate that can help cleanse/put stability and those 2 CC classes will have slotted their utilities for nothing.

In sPVP hotjoins people run into a 1v5 and expect to down a player. I guess too many people watched the 5 elementalists vs 50 players in WvW youtube videos and think they should be able to do the same in sPVP.

Nekro fear

in PvP

Posted by: Batlav.6318

Batlav.6318

There are stunbreakers
also stability gives you immunity to fear
Corrupt boon was nerfed so not many ppl use it
well can be avoided so its not so easy to strip your stability

or just run away when you see a necro problem solved

SFR

(edited by Batlav.6318)

Nekro fear

in PvP

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

So make it act like a stun. Do damage only once on application. Fear for longer. Increase damage. Power based not condition based.

Nekro fear

in PvP

ArmageddonAsh.6430

There are stunbreakers
also stability gives you immunity to fear
Corrupt boon was nerfed so not many ppl use it
well can be avoided so its not so easy to strip your stability

or just run away when you see a necro problem solved

Not everyone has Stability. So that one doesnt count.

Nekro fear

in PvP

Posted by: The Boz.2038

The Boz.2038

Not every necro has chain fear. So that doesn’t count.

Nekro fear

in PvP

ArmageddonAsh.6430

But doesn’t a stun followed up by any hard dps, and there are plenty, do exactly the same thing if not better?

[btw tried te mesmer stun, it sucks without 100% :P]

The difference is that WHILE you are feared – taking damage (if you have Terror, and who doesnt currently?) and more then likely Torment if you are a competent Necro you can throw down marks to keep the damage going, you can go Lich and screw them even more.

Sure you can get damaged after being Stunned, difference is getting stunned and being stunned doesnt damage you. So the damage wont be as much

Necro Fear: Fear+Torment+Terror+ Player damage
Non-necro: Stun/Imbo+ Damage

Sure you can get spiked while Stun/Imbo the difference being that a Necro can do the same AND have all the damage from Torment + Terror as well

I would say its worse, If they want to stun lock you, then they have to time it well use utilities skills at the right time – A Necro can burst Fear-chain from the start and while you are taking ALOT of damage from that they can damage you as well. Sure thats a Zerker example and if they fail to kill you they MIGHT die, whoever they will still have other skills, DS, Utilities and Elite as an option if you manage to survive

Nekro fear

in PvP

Posted by: The Boz.2038

The Boz.2038

So now, all of a sudden, the condition necromancer has spike damage beyond what dhuumfire offers?
Yes, necro chain CC is a problem, I agree with that. But that chain CC move is still on a longer total cooldown than other chain CCs methods, and the “spike” damage is not as abrupt, is cleansable, requires build-up, etc.

Nekro fear

in PvP

Posted by: Jayce.5632

Jayce.5632

A necro doesn’t chain fear. They can only directly hit you with two fears. Two doesn’t constitute a chain. It’s the wall that you have to worry about. Don’t subject yourself to getting pent in a corner to where you have no choice but to run into the wall. If you do then come to the forums to complain, how is that the necro’s fault I will never understand.

i7-6700K – M.2 PCIe 512GB R/W:2500/1500MB/s
GTX 980M – SSD 512GB R/W:550/520MB/s
17.3" 1080p – 32GB 2400MHz DDR4

Nekro fear

in PvP

Posted by: Dralor.3701

Dralor.3701

Everyone can break stuns/fears, go try any other pvp/arena based game and let us know how running no stun break/trinket works out for you.

@Jayce 3 fears but long cd on two of them.

Nekro fear

in PvP

Posted by: Jayce.5632

Jayce.5632

perhaps I should have said two unconditional fears. any other fears requires some type of effort on the targets behalf.

i7-6700K – M.2 PCIe 512GB R/W:2500/1500MB/s
GTX 980M – SSD 512GB R/W:550/520MB/s
17.3" 1080p – 32GB 2400MHz DDR4

Nekro fear

in PvP

Posted by: Glenn.3417

Glenn.3417

ENOUGH with the necro QQ.

First Dumbfire was the qq, it got nerfed.
Now fear is the problem (which btw has been nerfed by 17%).

Necros can fear ever since release, stop crying like a kitten and learn to kittening play.

Champion Phantom – Legionnaire – Genius – Magus

Nekro fear

in PvP

Posted by: Deadcell.9052

Deadcell.9052

Hate to use the L2P statement regarding necros and the player base but I must say it, people need to L2P! Here’s why, majority of the nerf necros brigade are hot join heros! How do I know this because I am exactly that, a hot join hero, I go in using the necro fotm fear bomb build and dominate, only reason I am doing this is due to the majority of the players in hotjoins running all burst type builds, no stun breakers, minimal condition removals, they are built and specked for one thing and one thing only,being selfish and killing things fast, there is minimal if any focus targeting, no one helping each other with cleanses or cc etc, I am free to roam around and do what I please.

With my new found confidence from dominating in some hotjoins last night I decided I am going to jump into some tpvp! And oh boy what a reality check that was, I learned more in 2 hours of tpvp getting my kitten handed to me than I have in the last 8 months of hotjoins! I had the honor of joining and fighting against many rank 50+ players last night, great players who knew there classes in and out, how to works as a team and all the ins and outs of tpvp. And guess what happened next…….. All those little tricks I was using in hotjoins in my time of earlier domination were completely negated, these teams were clearing conditions as fast as I could put them on, chain fears were next to impossible to due 90% uptime of stability, I was forced to use my abilities in a much smarter timely manner just to compete and be useful. Unlike hotjoins team >than the individual.

So to sum up my experience thus far, PVp is a team game, if you are running around solo or even with a friend and you do not have the basic tools needed to ensure your survival and you are not coordinating properly with your teammates it’s not due to a class being op, some classes and team make ups will always be more powerful than others in mmo PVp. Necros are strong right now no doubt but can easily be defeated if fought against properly.

Nekro fear

in PvP

Posted by: Vayra.3290

Vayra.3290

ENOUGH with the necro QQ.

First Dumbfire was the qq, it got nerfed.
Now fear is the problem (which btw has been nerfed by 17%).

Necros can fear ever since release, stop crying like a kitten and learn to kittening play.

1) Fear isn’t a necro only thing

2) It’s just a bad mechanic that is completely unrealistic from a gameplay perspective. If I’m a huge Norn warrior a tiny Asura isn’t going to make me run away in fear when I’ve faced down Dragons, giants, hordes of undead and all manner of different monsters far more scary than an asura.

The Unnamed[ThUn] – Desolation
Vayra – Elementalist
Forkrul Assail – Mesmer

Nekro fear

in PvP

Posted by: Kravick.4906

Kravick.4906

People in this thread are missing the bigger picture. Fear itself is actually a very weak CC effect for two reasons. 1.) Its both a condition and a stun. Stun breakers AND condition clears remove it. 2.) In order for it to do damage, the necromancer must trait into it. This damage is actually extremely weak by comparison to other CC effects. Earthshaker can crit as high as 11k damage and will stun you for up to 4 seconds with sigil of paralyzation. Skull Crack can hit you for upwards of 5k and stun you for 4 seconds with sigil of paralyzation. Yes, both of these skills can be chained. Sigil of paralyzation no longer works on fear, but fear is still affected by stun and condition reduction effects. A thief has the best CC chain in the game using S/D. They can spam 3 second dazes every 4 seconds leaving you with next to no time to do anything. Each time they do this the damage you receive far FAR exceeds the damage you would take from Terror.

Necros have 2 fears. Walking into the wall is your fault and is definitely a learn to play issue. If the necro uses both fears at the same time, 1 stunbreaker/condition clear removes both of them. If you get hit with 2 stuns or dazes, you will need 2 different stun breakers to remove them. Be careful what you wish for.

Stuff goes here.

(edited by Kravick.4906)